• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I have not made modified the code to adjust the frequency of CPU tech in spot. I probably will once i redo the code.

You can trying modifying the "random" address to see how it affects teching.

0xe40 in DOL.

Current value is a2945f92
You can try changing it to a2945f90 (the original value) or a2945f91 (haven't tested this one yet).
But don't try any others because that will put you out of bounds for the random function.
I see.
I tested a2945f91, but I think current (a2945f92) is better.

Also, I found an uncomfortable thing of Boot to CSS.
My 20XX has WIDESCREEN as a default setting.
But this can't be available because of Boot to CSS.
I must go back to the title screen once to make WIDESCREEN available.

Can this be fixed?

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Will this ever be avaliable without soft modding a Wii?
Well... yes and no.

According to IE, you can copy the exploit save file from a hacked memcard like any other save, so you could get the hack from your friend, for example. However, a hacked Wii is needed to load the original copy.

Also consider that you can just load GCMM from an exploit, instead of installing the Homebrew Channel and leaving traces.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
This is cool!Is it possible to make this work with melee SD remix?

I'm rebuilding now to test on dolphin.

Last edited:

banter

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to play a timed match, but no matter what I do the options always snap back to 4 stocks, 8 minutes. How do I get the rule changes to save?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm trying to play a timed match, but no matter what I do the options always snap back to 4 stocks, 8 minutes. How do I get the rule changes to save?
On Dolphin or console? If on Dolphin, it sounds like you have a cheat enabled.

This is cool!Is it possible to make this work with melee SD remix?

I'm rebuilding now to test on dolphin.
Not unless SDR ported chars to 1.02. A few may work, if their regular DAT files are unchanged between 1.00 and 1.02, but the vast majority I assume won't. But any frame speed mods definitely won't work because that code is not in this DOL file.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I see.
I tested a2945f91, but I think current (a2945f92) is better.

Also, I found an uncomfortable thing of Boot to CSS.
My 20XX has WIDESCREEN as a default setting.
But this can't be available because of Boot to CSS.
I must go back to the title screen once to make WIDESCREEN available.

Can this be fixed?
I was planning on doing a little more testing with widescreen before trying to make it fully compatible with Boot to CSS.
But you could change the byte in the DOL @ 0x00425f63 from 02 to 00 and it should boot to the title screen.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
On Dolphin or console? If on Dolphin, it sounds like you have a cheat enabled.

Not unless SDR ported chars to 1.02. A few may work, if their regular DAT files are unchanged between 1.00 and 1.02, but the vast majority I assume won't. But any frame speed mods definitely won't work because that code is not in this DOL file.
Oh alright thanks.Some things do work still so this is fine.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE the rainbow FD effect, are there any other stages that are colored the same way FD is so you can apply the rainbow code to them as well? Im thinking battlefield or parts of battlefield might be but idk.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere that you were trying to make the PAL version of the characters selectable via the CSS? so in theory, A PAL Marth would be able to face of against a NTSC Fox? My friends and I play PAL, he uses Marth and the difference in weight makes him feel different to use.

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Mmm you can, but dont wait achilles for it. In best case achilles will made a toogle for ntsc/pal, not for individual characters, however, you can use the marth files from an ntsc game in a pal iso.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
I have two questions:
• Is it possible to get rid of Achilles' name tag permanently? Currently it's there by default and comes back if deleted.
• Is it possible for a user to add a new alternate costume slot (for a new character) by themselves and without much knowledge of hacking, or would it require too much work/technical knowledge?

Doq

Smash Lord
I have two questions:
• Is it possible to get rid of Achilles' name tag permanently? Currently it's there by default and comes back if deleted.
• Is it possible for a user to add a new alternate costume slot (for a new character) by themselves and without much knowledge of hacking, or would it require too much work/technical knowledge?
> There probably is, he just doesn't want us to.
> You'll need SOME knowledge on ASM etc. but I'm pretty sure you might break something if you do.

Nigamon

Smash Rookie
I am sure I rebuilt it correctly and such, but i followed the direction watched the videos, change my clusters and for some odd reason when i try to grab, it lags.

Ooops forgot to add.

Vanilla melee no lag. I don't know what is wrong with my end.

Last edited:
A little unrelated, but this seems to be the most active thread in this forum:

Does anyone know where I can find a melee ISO that has no textures but has large time slots for the bgm enabled? I have all my songs made out to 10 mins already from back in the day, but the only ISO I have with sufficient time slots is the one with all the textures and the DBR intro video, which I really do not want.

Kou

Smash Apprentice
I was planning on doing a little more testing with widescreen before trying to make it fully compatible with Boot to CSS.
But you could change the byte in the DOL @ 0x00425f63 from 02 to 00 and it should boot to the title screen.
When you will investigate and change the widescreen more, I suggest you get HUD stretched only in game.
Current widescreen has another problem of POSITION of the bubble for characters who is out of the screen.
[COLLAPSE="Current Widescreen"]
In the menu, we can see the places which was invisible.

In game, HUD is not stretched.
Because of this, POSITION of the bubble for characters who is out of screen is weird.

Code:
C2021ABC 00000002
38600006 39C00001
60000000 00000000
C236A4A8 00000007
C03F0034 2C0E0001
41820024 3C004080
90010030 3C004040
90010034 C0010030
EC210032 C0010034
EC210024 39C00000
60000000 00000000
[/COLLAPSE][COLLAPSE="Perfect Widescreen"]
In the menu, the same as current.

But in game, HUD is stretched!
POSITION of the bubble is much better.

Code:
C2021ABC 00000002
39C00001 38600006
60000000 00000000
C22F3980 00000002
39C00001 387F0000
60000000 00000000
C236A4A8 00000007
C03F0034 2C0E0001
41820024 3C004080
90010030 3C004040
90010034 C0010030
EC210032 C0010034
EC210024 39C00000
281E0000 00000000
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
A little unrelated, but this seems to be the most active thread in this forum:

Does anyone know where I can find a melee ISO that has no textures but has large time slots for the bgm enabled? I have all my songs made out to 10 mins already from back in the day, but the only ISO I have with sufficient time slots is the one with all the textures and the DBR intro video, which I really do not want.
Can't you just take that ISO with the textures in it and then swap the texture files with normal files? I'm sure someone here would know how to do that better than I would, but I think you would just use the GCR and switch the files.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have two questions:
> There probably is, he just doesn't want us to.
> You'll need SOME knowledge on ASM etc. but I'm pretty sure you might break something if you do.
If you want to disable my name tag, open the DOL up in a hex editor and go to offset 0x1034. Change it from 3de08045 to 48000020.

That should remove it or let you overwrite it.

And there is no "easy" way to add costumes. You would definitely need to know how to write assembly language.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I read somewhere that you were trying to make the PAL version of the characters selectable via the CSS? so in theory, A PAL Marth would be able to face of against a NTSC Fox? My friends and I play PAL, he uses Marth and the difference in weight makes him feel different to use.
It was (is) currently next on my list, but this memory card thing is taking up the majority of my hacking time at the moment.

And yes, a PAL Marth would be able to play an NTSC Fox. I REALLY wanted an NTSC version of a character be able to fight a PAL version of the same character. It might work for select character [changes], but I found that certain things related to moves (Marth's dair for example), is one block of information shared by both characters. So that might get difficult to have it change at specific moments in game.

I LOVE the rainbow FD effect, are there any other stages that are colored the same way FD is so you can apply the rainbow code to them as well? Im thinking battlefield or parts of battlefield might be but idk.
Changing stage colors could theoretically be done to anything that is a solid color and not a texture. The coloring for Final Destination is just straight magenta, 0xFF00FF (255 red, 0 green, 255 blue) and the game reads this value every frame and outputs it on screen.

Jorgasm just posted a new code in the Gecko Codes Thread for changing Pokemon Stadium to Blue. I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm sure it's accomplished in the same manner.

GOLDENMOP

Smash Cadet
Seems legit, I'll probably try this out, only one question, if I download this is there a way to go back to normal melee?

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Seems legit, I'll probably try this out, only one question, if I download this is there a way to go back to normal melee?
yeah of course, just back up your vanilla iso file, or if you play with the disk, the disk wont be changed at all.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
So that everyone in my region stops dropping off their Wii to get hacked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGn_hAaBwVg&feature=youtu.be

Figured I'd share. People are seeming to have more trouble actually setting up Dios Mios than they are making the 20XX iso... but that might no longer be an issue, right Achilles? :)

inb4 memcard 20xx hype
Btw, thank a lot for this! I appreciate the work you've put into distributing the pack and helping others get it running. Once I get the issue fixed with the main post, I'll be sure to add a link to this video on there.

fissionprime

Smash Apprentice
So my wii freezes sometimes I try to toggle hacked stages on the SSS, and other times hitting down on the d-pad just doesn't do anything at all. Is this something that is happening to other people? This is on the updated version of 2.07 from the last page, btw.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
Has anyone else run into issues of freezing while playing alone in versus mode? When I load a match on infinite time and start the match with solely my character, the hack pack consistently freezes after 2-3 minutes of play.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
Changing stage colors could theoretically be done to anything that is a solid color and not a texture. The coloring for Final Destination is just straight magenta, 0xFF00FF (255 red, 0 green, 255 blue) and the game reads this value every frame and outputs it on screen.
I get how the rainbow code works, I guess what I meant to say was does anyone know any other interesting stage color offsets that the rainbow effect can be applied to?

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
I get how the rainbow code works, I guess what I meant to say was does anyone know any other interesting stage color offsets that the rainbow effect can be applied to?
I wanna do Purin's bow, but that's a texture, so it might be impossible despite it being only one color.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Obviously there are more important things being worked on, the memory card thing is ridiculously amazing, etc.

The idea would be that it would show on P2 not P1 and then P1 could use it as guidelines for spacing in neutral by visually seeing the space his opponent can threaten. Understandably being static, it's only so much help since if they dash for example, it would limit what was available etc. So some of these ranges would change in reality but wouldn't be reflected in a static image. Having it change based off actions (smart boxes) would be an incredibly large project on it's own and probably not possible anyways due to needing to be custom tailored for individual characters etc. But anyways, just something to think about.

Unsure if others would like it, but technically you'd have to get the community or a few specific individuals to come together to make the graphics etc. and have some uniform standardized process to guarantee the quality, and instead of rectangles, you could even round them off using the possible trajectories of the hitboxes.

The idea is that you determine a certain timeframe as far as how far you can reach in a reasonably short time, aka how much space you can actually threaten. So for fox, that may cover something like a dash into a full or sh nair, or even for grabs may include dash into jc grabs etc. That being said, the range of some of the hitboxes extends as far as you could reasonably and quickly extend them to.

This isn't accurate (or pretty, as it could be spruced up a bit as I mentioned before by making them not rectangles etc). I just threw it together as some sort of example:

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Obviously there are more important things being worked on, the memory card thing is ridiculously amazing, etc.

The idea would be that it would show on P2 not P1 and then P1 could use it as guidelines for spacing in neutral by visually seeing the space his opponent can threaten. Understandably being static, it's only so much help since if they dash for example, it would limit what was available etc. So some of these ranges would change in reality but wouldn't be reflected in a static image. Having it change based off actions (smart boxes) would be an incredibly large project on it's own and probably not possible anyways due to needing to be custom tailored for individual characters etc. But anyways, just something to think about.

Unsure if others would like it, but technically you'd have to get the community or a few specific individuals to come together to make the graphics etc. and have some uniform standardized process to guarantee the quality, and instead of rectangles, you could even round them off using the possible trajectories of the hitboxes.

The idea is that you determine a certain timeframe as far as how far you can reach in a reasonably short time, aka how much space you can actually threaten. So for fox, that may cover something like a dash into a full or sh nair, or even for grabs may include dash into jc grabs etc. That being said, the range of some of the hitboxes extends as far as you could reasonably and quickly extend them to.

This isn't accurate (or pretty, as it could be spruced up a bit as I mentioned before by making them not rectangles etc). I just threw it together as some sort of example:
That's an interesting idea, but I have no flippin' clue how to create colored boxes on the screen. And yeah, it would be a huge project to make it character specific. Definitely would be helpful though.

On another note:

I randomly delved into stage hacking for a quick minute - looking at RAM offsets for Battlefield.

Managed to do this:
BF Stage Hack.PNG

So that was just changing 32-bit floating point values mid-game to move the platform textures and change the true platform dimensions around. Extrapolating this idea brings me to a somewhat "custom stage builder" where you can specify values for the platforms and things in the debug menu or something. Idk...just a thought. The list of things to do never ends....

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think I speak for some people when I say
what the **** did you break???
Lol lots of things. But all things that need to be broken.

It's really neat though. I found values that change:

- platform dimensions (specify the end points for the left and right side of the platform separately. So you can have them be different heights and the platform will then be at angle)

- platform horizontal length
- platform depth (into/out of the screen, ground texture gets stretched)
- platform thickness (so if you made the thickness really large, it would look like fox is standing on a column, instead of a thin, floating platform)

And, idk, a few other things.

Here are my notes I made with RAM offsets, if anyone wants to poke around at values. Again, this was a random 1hr hacking excursion of trying to find as much as I can, so my notes are kind of sloppy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bg47ojcpsh87hib

And if I ever did do a custom battlefield stage builder, I could have the custom stage replace a crappy stage to make sure regular battlefield is normal.

Whoa....and I could actually change these values mid game to create things like moving platforms. Never thought of that....

Sprankles

Smash Rookie
I have a small problem with the hack pack... I'm not sure why but everything looks vertically stretched in the pack compared to what it looks like when I only use the disk. I have no idea what's causing this, but it's bothering me abit since it could mess with spacing if I were to get used to it... Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I have a small problem with the hack pack... I'm not sure why but everything looks vertically stretched in the pack compared to what it looks like when I only use the disk. I have no idea what's causing this, but it's bothering me abit since it could mess with spacing if I were to get used to it... Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Make sure your video settings in your homebrew loader are set correctly. I don't know exactly what those settings may be, but play around with things. A couple people had posted here saying they were having screen issues (with widescreen off) and one guy figured out the problem and it was related to his loader settings. It was probably posted in the page 25-29 ish zone if you want to look around there.

Top Bottom