• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
How To Add HPS Files to 20XX 4.0
(this requires GCR and rebuilding the ISO with checking "do not use game.toc")

This is current last song 20XX 4.0 Beta01.

But we can add more!

1) Obtain an HPS file of your liking.
2) As shown in the above screenshot, the last named file is 68.hps. We are adding another one. So increment the HPS name counter by one. In this example, I would rename my HPS file 69.hps. (The numbers are in hex. So after 69 comes 6A, then 6B, .... , then 6F, then 70, etc.)
NOTE: Letters within the file name ARE capitalized!

3) Extract a root folder of your 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR (at this point, you should probably just have a "master 20XX root" on your desktop or something).
4) Navigate into the "audio" folder and paste 69.hps

5) In your 20XX root folder, open MnSlChr.usd in a hex editor.
Go to offset 0x003edda8. This is a table of pointers. You don't really need to know what these actually do, but just go down to the very end and add one more entry (because you are adding one song). For your new entry, take the last entry and subtract 0x20.​

6) Now we need to add the song name ASCII text that will appear in the debug menu. In the step above, your new entry was "0x80fd9da0". Subtract 0x80bec720 from the new entry value. (In this example, 0x80fd9da0 - 0x80bec720 = 003ed680). Take the result and go to the offset in MnSlChr.usd.

7) Add your song name (ASCII to hex conversion). 31 character max.

8) Save MnSlChr.usd. Rebuild 20XX 4.0 ISO with GCR while checking "do not use game.toc".
9) Major profit.

Yes, you can go all the way up to FF.hps.
Hello guys. I made some tools that auto-inject values for songs in MnSlChr.usd and also auto-renames HPS files

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/577qxt3gc3b7v3h/20XX+4.05+Song+Inject+Tool.zip

How to use:

0. Before you start, I recommend that you create a backup copy of your 20XX 4.05 root just in case.

1. Download and extract "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool.zip"

2. Take the HPS files that you want to add and put them in the 'HPS' folder. Rename them to how you want them to appear in 20XX 4.05. Keep in mind that the max title size is 31 characters (not including the .hps file extension). If a filename is too long, you'll get an error message later when you run the program. The program will tell you which filenames are too long so you can rename them if you get any errors.

3. Take MnSlChr.usd and copy it into the "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool" folder.

4.a If you want to just add all songs in /HPS/ in alphabetical order, double click autoinject.bat. It will ask you to enter the offset to insert the songs. The offset you enter will be the offset for the first song. For example, if the last song you added had offset 0x69, you want to use offset 0x6A unless you want to overwrite the last song at 0x69. Also, if you your last song was 0x69 and and you choose to overwrite 20 songs starting from 0x31, the program will write 0x31 through 0x45 (0x31 + dec 20) and zero out the rest. This way if you want to completely redo your songs, you'll be able to start over from scatch.

Anyways, in my example, I will insert to 0x31:

5. Hit enter. If everything goes smoothly and no errors occur, the command window should close by itself. MnSlChr.usd has now been modified and had the new offsets written to it, and a new folder called "HPS_Renamed" holds a copy of all your files renamed. (Your original files in /HPS/ will be kept intact)

7. All you need to do now is copy MnSlChr.usd to your 20XX root, copy the files in the "HPS_Renamed" folder to your root/audio folder, and rebuild your ISO... don't forget to check 'do not use game.toc' I recommend testing it out in Dolphin before trying it on your Wii.

4b. If you want to add songs in a custom order (non-alphabetical) then create a text-file with the list of files in the order that you want. If you want to add empty lines, you can, but don't put any spaces (i.e. use only the 'enter' key) in the empty lines, or else the program will think that they're filenames. When you create your list, don't put the file extension in the filename entries (see below), and make sure they match the filenames in the /HPS/ folder. Name your file and save it in "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool". Name it whatever you want, but don't use the names "renamelist.txt", "TMPHPSList.txt", "TMPHPSList2.txt", or any other filename in the folder.

Double click customorder.bat. A command window should pop up and ask you which songlist to use. Type in your songlist file and hit enter. In my example I type in "custom song list.txt".
Pro Tip: Type the first 3 or so characters of your songlist file and then hit tab, windows should find it for you

After that, it will ask you which offset to enter... from here, it's pretty much the same was steps 4.a through 7 above.

Troubleshooting:

-I have run into one issue where I test in Dolphin and everything is fine, but when I loaded it in my Wii in Nintendont, it crashed. This was because I had saved my debug menu settings on my Wii memory card. I overwritten on some older songs that I didn't want and thus had less files, and my memory card's debug menu settings was trying to access a file that no longer existed. In other words, the memory card tried to load a playlist that had a song indexed 0xA4, while the songs on the new ISO only went up to 0x87. It was an easy fix though... just remove the memory card, load the game, then overwrite on the old data.

-The lowest possible offset you can enter is 0x31 because 0x00 through 0x30 are original-Melee songs and the offsets are slightly different for them. If you try to use an offset 0x30 or lower, the program will complain.

-If you try to add too many songs, the program will complain and tell you that you are adding too many songs. Remember that you can only go up to 0xFF.

-I've tested this in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 so far. I have been using it to add/rearrange songs to my 20XX 4.05 going up to 90 songs at a time, but I still might have overlooked something. If you run into any issues, let me know and I'll try my best to help.

Last edited:

Espi

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to toggle the cpus back to normal, or will they always be the new cpus?
Debug menu > General codes > Vs Melee Player Flags > Select player 2 > CPU AI Type Alt normalish/multi man
I don't think this setting can save, you have to set it every time you load 20XX.

Last edited:

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Playing this mod to try out the extra features reminded me of just how much Project M and Sm4sh went and JV5ed my Melee edge. Every time I try to pivot tilt for spacing I just end up doing a dash attack. And PM Ike spoils me so much, my Melee Mario is done for. If I cared, I could get my edge back, but it's more fun to watch CPU spacies fight the hands and stuff. (If there's an option to force certain food to spawn, do it with spaghetti item drops only and Bonetrousle for the music!) Still, amazing work. Leaves me bewildered as to why Tap Jump was compulsory until Brawl.

Guys,

Next time you play Melee on Dolphin or console, please enable this code:

<geckostuff>

<technicalwords>.
Don't bother if you're using Nintendont. The way that it handles RAM to make GCN games run in Wii mode (think hacked forwards compatibility mode) causes this code to hard crash on match start every time. Only Dolphin, GCN, and DIOS MIOS users need apply. How do I know? I just tried it, silly. :p

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Don't bother if you're using Nintendont. The way that it handles RAM to make GCN games run in Wii mode (think hacked forwards compatibility mode) causes this code to hard crash on match start every time. Only Dolphin, GCN, and DIOS MIOS users need apply. How do I know? I just tried it, silly. :p
Whaaaaat. Are you freakin serious?? I've been using it for the past week (Dios Mios Lite) and was about to call it quits on testing and begin to actually start using it..,,

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've updated the infographic for 4.05!

http://i.imgur.com/poG0eCL.png
http://i.imgur.com/lkTdEAu.png (printer friendly version)
Thanks! I added this to the OP.
Hello guys. I made some tools that auto-inject values for songs in MnSlChr.usd and also auto-renames HPS files

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/577qxt3gc3b7v3h/20XX+4.05+Song+Inject+Tool.zip

How to use:

0. Before you start, I recommend that you create a backup copy of your 20XX 4.05 root just in case.

2. Take the HPS files that you want to add and put them in the 'HPS' folder. Rename them to how you want them to appear in 20XX 4.05. Keep in mind that the max title size is 31 characters (not including the .hps file extension). If a filename is too long, you'll get an error message later when you run the program. The program will tell you which filenames are too long so you can rename them if you get any errors.

4.a If you want to just add all songs in /HPS/ in alphabetical order, double click autoinject.bat. It will ask you to enter the offset to insert the songs. The offset you enter will be the offset for the first song. For example, if the last song you added had offset 0x69, you want to use offset 0x6A unless you want to overwrite the last song at 0x69. Also, if you your last song was 0x69 and and you choose to overwrite 20 songs starting from 0x31, the program will write 0x31 through 0x45 (0x31 + dec 20) and zero out the rest. This way if you want to completely redo your songs, you'll be able to start over from scatch.

5. Hit enter. If everything goes smoothly and no errors occur, the command window should close by itself. MnSlChr.usd has now been modified and had the new offsets written to it, and a new folder called "HPS_Renamed" holds a copy of all your files renamed. (Your original files in /HPS/ will be kept intact)

7. All you need to do now is copy MnSlChr.usd to your 20XX root, copy the files in the "HPS_Renamed" folder to your root/audio folder, and rebuild your ISO... don't forget to check 'do not use game.toc' I recommend testing it out in Dolphin before trying it on your Wii.

4b. If you want to add songs in a custom order (non-alphabetical) then create a text-file with the list of files in the order that you want. If you want to add empty lines, you can, but don't put any spaces (i.e. use only the 'enter' key) in the empty lines, or else the program will think that they're filenames. When you create your list, don't put the file extension in the filename entries (see below), and make sure they match the filenames in the /HPS/ folder. Name your file and save it in "20XX 4.05 Song Inject Tool". Name it whatever you want, but don't use the names "renamelist.txt", "TMPHPSList.txt", "TMPHPSList2.txt", or any other filename in the folder.

Double click customorder.bat. A command window should pop up and ask you which songlist to use. Type in your songlist file and hit enter. In my example I type in "custom song list.txt".
Pro Tip: Type the first 3 or so characters of your songlist file and then hit tab, windows should find it for you

After that, it will ask you which offset to enter... from here, it's pretty much the same was steps 4.a through 7 above.

Troubleshooting:

-I have run into one issue where I test in Dolphin and everything is fine, but when I loaded it in my Wii in Nintendont, it crashed. This was because I had saved my debug menu settings on my Wii memory card. I overwritten on some older songs that I didn't want and thus had less files, and my memory card's debug menu settings was trying to access a file that no longer existed. In other words, the memory card tried to load a playlist that had a song indexed 0xA4, while the songs on the new ISO only went up to 0x87. It was an easy fix though... just remove the memory card, load the game, then overwrite on the old data.

-The lowest possible offset you can enter is 0x31 because 0x00 through 0x30 are original-Melee songs and the offsets are slightly different for them. If you try to use an offset 0x30 or lower, the program will complain.

-If you try to add too many songs, the program will complain and tell you that you are adding too many songs. Remember that you can only go up to 0xFF.

-I've tested this in Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 so far. I have been using it to add/rearrange songs to my 20XX 4.05 going up to 90 songs at a time, but I still might have overlooked something. If you run into any issues, let me know and I'll try my best to help.
There is so much going on with music hacking right now that I don't know what to think at this point. I need to review everything that has been posted and make some actual meaningful comments. This is great! Thanks, Decipio.

smashbros12

Smash Rookie
Just downloaded the new version of 20XX yesterday and everything works great except when i hit down on the d-pad on the stage select screen it does not bring up the hacked stages. Checked the FAQ and didn't see anything there; wondering if maybe i installed it incorrectly or maybe I'm just dumb and forgot something. Anyone know anything about this?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just downloaded the new version of 20XX yesterday and everything works great except when i hit down on the d-pad on the stage select screen it does not bring up the hacked stages. Checked the FAQ and didn't see anything there; wondering if maybe i installed it incorrectly or maybe I'm just dumb and forgot something. Anyone know anything about this?
Disable Gecko codes. If I could grab netplay by the neck and strangle it, I would.

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
A friend of mine downloaded me a copy of 20xx 4.05 on a thumb drive. Do I need to install homebrew channel first in order to access my thumb drive? And what are the steps to install the homebrew channel? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey, guys. I built my 20XX ISO (using the xdelta method). How do I convert it to a GALE01 file so I can load from my SD card?

Edit: nevermind, I figured out that I needed to download the Dios Mios Toolbox and use dmtoolbox.exe to create the file.
:D

Last edited:

whims

Smash Apprentice
I've updated the infographic for 4.05!

http://i.imgur.com/poG0eCL.png
http://i.imgur.com/lkTdEAu.png (printer friendly version)
this is awesome! fyi there's a typo near the bottom under chess melee where sock should say stock; doesn't really mess with readability imo but i thought u may want to fix it.

Download link:

How to use:

Troubleshooting:

my motivation to add more custom hps files just skyrocketed

Just installed v4.05 and it's great! Only thing is I've noticed that my damage % counters do not increase past 88%. Did I do something wrong? Is there any way to fix this? I tried looking through debug menu with no success.
did u accidentally press y+dpad up and enable p2 damage to the max allowable %? if u did it's probably fixed by now anyways. sorry i didn't see this earlier

Last edited:

Smash Rookie
NNID
zubalo
So I know I probably won't get a reply but I am having a issue. I can not get the 20xx ISO because my computer isn't able to use the files from mediafire for whatever reason. I am on windows and I can read every single other file I've ever tried. Is there a specific program you have to use in order to use mediafire or something? Thank you in advanced.

Doq

Smash Lord
So I know I probably won't get a reply but I am having a issue. I can not get the 20xx ISO because my computer isn't able to use the files from mediafire for whatever reason. I am on windows and I can read every single other file I've ever tried. Is there a specific program you have to use in order to use mediafire or something? Thank you in advanced.
It's not an ISO. It's the files you replace in your [legal!!!] melee iso dump.

DRGN

Technowizard
right off the bat, I'm fairly certain that the .sh file isn't properly formatted in unix, but dos2unix fixed that on its own. running the script:
Code:
Verifying that the given file is a vanilla v1.02 copy of SSBM.
    This will take a few moments....SUCCESS
The ISO has been verified!

Constructing 20XX 4.05.
    Please stand by....FAIL
Conversion complete!
for whatever reason, the xdelta3 bash command just... doesn't feel like working. I just ended up modifying the line and shoving it in the termal manually:

Code:
xdelta3 -f -d -s "ssbm_1.02.iso" "20XX 4.05 xdelta patch.xdelta" "20XX.iso"
and that seemed to work out, so whatever
I'm not real familiar with bash, but I think I found the problem; it was just the variables syntax. I also don't have a unix system near-by atm. Could you or someone else test the attached script and let me know if it works? You'll need to rename the extension to ".sh".

If so, I'll add this to my previous post and include it in future releases.

Attachments

Last edited:

Decipio-Carmen

Smash Apprentice
this is awesome! fyi there's a typo near the bottom under chess melee where sock should say stock; doesn't really mess with readability imo but i thought u may want to fix it.

my motivation to add more custom hps files just skyrocketed

did u accidentally press y+dpad up and enable p2 damage to the max allowable %? if u did it's probably fixed by now anyways. sorry i didn't see this earlier
When I posted this, I didn't realize that someone had already made a music manager for 20XX
http://smashboards.com/threads/20xx-music-manager-v1-2f-update-2016-04-14.434669/#post-21095049

You might want to try that one too

worm_hd

Smash Cadet
Hey Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , loving the AI, figured I'd point out a few things. Spacies' (attempted) ledgedashes are essentially SDs on the 3 Zelda Adventure Mode stages, and both tend to up-b from the respawn platform and head off stage (usually on the two-platform version). This sometimes happens from a jump on their part.

Also, I noticed Falcon AI following me offstage on Yoshi's Story, leading to SD. Seemed odd.

Last edited:

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Achilles do you think it's possible to select what kind of counter the timer can be?

In 20xx you can choose between time and frame counter, but I'am planning to release an application to train and keep training progress over time with challenges, visual graphics. So the ability to choose more than frame counter to display instead of the time can be helpful. Actually doing it with the % can be a better solution as you did for barrels and trouble puff so we can use the timer to setup the challenge. Like a nair counter, laser counter, Bair counter, regular or perfect wavedash counter, perfect edge dash counter etc etc..

****ty exemple :
http://imgur.com/9HOTDA0

Smash Rookie
NNID
zubalo
It's not an ISO. It's the files you replace in your [legal!!!] melee iso dump..

My issue is that I can't root the file despite being able to root other files. I was wondering if there is a specific rooting program I need for it or if my current rooting program is just being dumb and any other one should work

Last edited:

J⩓мє

Smash Apprentice
My issue is that I can't root the file despite being able to root other files. I was wondering if there is a specific rooting program I need for it or if my current rooting program is just being dumb and any other one should work
Rooting? what

The mediafire downloads are either the xdelta patches or a set of files to add to your (legal) archival iso dump of melee's filesystem; in which case there's a readme file which explains what to do (if you got a zip file with an xdelta patch), or there's a tutorial linked from the OP of this thread on how to build a melee iso by patching the filesystem. In the latter case there's a program which dumps the contents of the melee iso, you add files to those dumped contents, then you use that same program to rebuild it.

What do you mean when you say 'rooting'? 'Rooting' as a computer term generally refers to attaining root (superuser) access on a unix-like system (like a smartphone or a network server), none of which apply to this situation. It also sometimes refers to the base of a tree or tree data type (the root), like the base of a given filesystem, but that also doesn't make any sense regarding what you've posted.

Do you mean accessing the ISO filesystem? That's mounting or dumping or ripping or unpacking.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
What do you mean "my computer isn't able to use the files from Mediafire"?

Just completely forget everything prior to this comment and forget any other ISO or anything you've done in the past.

1) Click the "root files" download link on the OP.
2) Follow the steps in the README.txt, which doesn't involve anything other than what you just downloaded.
3) Now you have your ISO.

Last edited:

Acryte

Smash Ace
Well, yeah, but it's just a hype generator.
Depends on how you look at it. For example, if I'm going to create a website etc I photoshop exactly what I want it to look like, and then I learn what's needed to make it look exactly as I envisioned. It's an outlet for creativity and vision.

Sometimes works like this are meant to inspire and make people question what we can accomplish. Nothing wrong with that.

ultimamax

Smash Rookie
When trying to run 4.05 through Nintendont, I keep getting this "An error has occurred. Tur the power OFF and check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet for further instructions" message.

Sometimes I get all the way to the CSS but when attempting to load a stage or the stage selection screen I get the error. What could be wrong? I'm loading through USB using a virtualized memory card.

(Note that if I try enough times it seems to let me play eventually)

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Depends on how you look at it. For example, if I'm going to create a website etc I photoshop exactly what I want it to look like, and then I learn what's needed to make it look exactly as I envisioned. It's an outlet for creativity and vision.

Sometimes works like this are meant to inspire and make people question what we can accomplish. Nothing wrong with that.
Except it's probably impossible, but there's really nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
I really have to ask if you plan on fixing Falco's AI for the next patch. He shoots his lasers too high like 80% of the time.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I really have to ask if you plan on fixing Falco's AI for the next patch. He shoots his lasers too high like 80% of the time.
Yeah, I'll adjust that.
hey I'm not sure where to write this, but I wanted to bring to your attention.

the "SD remix falcon" seems to be biased on an old version, with grounded falcon kick being an "exploding move" in 3.2.1 its been reverted back to regular falcon kick. I haven't noticed any other changes from other characters.

also I see that fox and falco switch their reflector propitiates with the SD remix button on the select screen- neat! do the other characters who don't have SD remix changes have something like this?

also ... how do you pull up the item infos on the debug menus for special throwing and stealing? no info menus are posted

this may be a bad way of contacting you, as their are the platforms of facebook,smashboards,reddit and others to choose but I wasn't sure and had to say something. Thanks for your continued work in making melee a better game

PS: can you give mewtwo a black tail skin simular to PMs? I feel he needs more standard colors over customes
Fox and Falco are the only top tiers with different "SDR" alts. Beta04 has a custom Sheik by Ripple with a new fsmash and dthrow, but I decided to get rid of it so SDR Zelda (with the ability to turn into vanilla Sheik) is still like regular SDR.

"SDR" Falcon is just my personal experiment character. Why? Idk. Because he's a bada$$ and I've always like the shinesplosion with him. He can also airdodge out of Up-B and the resulting SpecialFall after Up-B.
All the other SDR characters (non top tiers) should be true to SDR 3.2.1.
Playing this mod to try out the extra features reminded me of just how much Project M and Sm4sh went and JV5ed my Melee edge. Every time I try to pivot tilt for spacing I just end up doing a dash attack. And PM Ike spoils me so much, my Melee Mario is done for. If I cared, I could get my edge back, but it's more fun to watch CPU spacies fight the hands and stuff. (If there's an option to force certain food to spawn, do it with spaghetti item drops only and Bonetrousle for the music!) Still, amazing work. Leaves me bewildered as to why Tap Jump was compulsory until Brawl.

http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-gecko-codes-guide-and-discussion.327311/page-42#post-21101529

Is this why???
When trying to run 4.05 through Nintendont, I keep getting this "An error has occurred. Tur the power OFF and check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet for further instructions" message.

Sometimes I get all the way to the CSS but when attempting to load a stage or the stage selection screen I get the error. What could be wrong? I'm loading through USB using a virtualized memory card.

(Note that if I try enough times it seems to let me play eventually)
Try not using a virtual memory card.
Do you have ocarina codes enabled in the Nintendont settings?

Achilles1515 Achilles1515

Achilles do you think it's possible to select what kind of counter the timer can be?

In 20xx you can choose between time and frame counter, but I'am planning to release an application to train and keep training progress over time with challenges, visual graphics. So the ability to choose more than frame counter to display instead of the time can be helpful. Actually doing it with the % can be a better solution as you did for barrels and trouble puff so we can use the timer to setup the challenge. Like a nair counter, laser counter, Bair counter, regular or perfect wavedash counter, perfect edge dash counter etc etc..

****ty exemple :
http://imgur.com/9HOTDA0
Frame counter has always used the percents, but it honestly might be broken in 4.05. I haven't tried it in a long time.
Your ideas can certainly be done, but I'm not ready to start implementing something like that. It will get complicated with all the options you would like (and would be really cool), but I need to revive the base functionality first.

D

Deleted member

Really loving 20XX, but I have a question:

Using Develop mode, is there a way I can use the C stick to rotate the camera like in vanilla Melee?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Alright so I have been adding custom music to 20XX 4.05 and I know you can go up to FF.hps and I have currently added songs up to C7.hps
But I have run into a bit of a problem
I've run out of room
my resulting Iso is too large
Normally I would replace the larger mth video files with like luigis ending movie or whatever but those seem to be completely gone
So is there anything I can replace with smaller files or remove certain files or is there a way to avoid this?
I would like to add music up to FF.hps at some point

BobbyZBaby

Smash Rookie
Hey quick noob question here: I have 20xx 3.02 on my SD card, will I be able to get this on the SDcard and play? I remember I just had to drag and drop certain files from the zip onto the SD card but now it looks different. Could someone help me please? Maybe this isn't even available for Hacked Wii's idk.

BobbyZBaby

Smash Rookie
Noob Question: How do I get this on my SD card so I can play on my hacked Wii? Looks different than 20xx 3.02

Top Bottom