• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
Not for homebrewing the Wii itself I believe. It is a SDHC card, so it will only be readable guaranteed once your wii is modded. If it already is, yeah sure go ahead and buy it, there's no problems.
Thanks!

edmund-blake-nelson

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing tech chasing on 20XX recently (BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH) but I have trouble with tech in place>shine, however the CPU doesn't tech in place enough for practicing tech chasing on 20XX to be extremely productive. Would it be possible for the user to somehow input how "often" the cpu techs in various directions?

Something like
Gameplay settings>CPU Settings>Tech settings

Tech in place toggle : # (0-16)
Tech roll right toggle : # (0-16)
Tech roll left toggle # (0-16)
Missed tech toggle # (0-16)
Getup attack toggle
Getup in place toggle
Getup roll left toggle
getup roll right toggle

So the user inputs a sum of techs that adds up to 16 for the CPU then the CPU would vary their tech/wakeup options based on the probabilities chosen.

Who Knows?

Smash Rookie
Hey quick query Achilles, is there any reason in particular for a ton of suicide airdodges from the CPUs? They often don't even try to recover, just airdodge once offstage (and well away from me).

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Hey quick query Achilles, is there any reason in particular for a ton of suicide airdodges from the CPUs? They often don't even try to recover, just airdodge once offstage (and well away from me).
Smash AI has a limited view radius and by extension suck ass. Combined with "Advanced Tech", they suck more ass cause they're forced into input cycles, rather than appending to their move scripts.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
So this may seem like a small request but god in heaven it's killing me. As everyone knows load state crashes if you try to load state in any number of special situations, most notably (imo) when a player is being lowered to the stage from the platform after losing a stock.

Is there an easy way to do one of the following:

Scenario 1

- Find address that correlates to whether a player is on platform
- If ((address == 1) && (P1 tries to load state))
{
DON'T ****ING TRY TO LOAD THAT ****();
}

Scenario 2

Sometimes if you try to load state immediately after killing opponent (before they are lowered down, but after blast animation) the opponent just falls from the sky with no platform. Is there a code that can be used to just completely skip the platform sequence altogether? This would be ****ing sweet for practicing in that it speeds stuff up and I wouldn't own myself by accidentally loading state while someone is on the platform.

I know the obvious response is "just don't ****ing load state while on platform" but after a few hours of practice when you get into a rhythm, sometimes you just forget.

Awesome job as always Achilles

EDIT to ask Achilles do you have a PayPal and if so you should put a Donate button in the main post so I can give $$.

Last edited:

Ggros

Smash Rookie
I'm having a problem where my debug menu is blank (all i'm seeing is the grey box with no options). How can I fix this?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Is there a date for when the next update is coming?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I've been practicing tech chasing on 20XX recently (BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH) but I have trouble with tech in place>shine, however the CPU doesn't tech in place enough for practicing tech chasing on 20XX to be extremely productive. Would it be possible for the user to somehow input how "often" the cpu techs in various directions?

Something like
Gameplay settings>CPU Settings>Tech settings

Tech in place toggle : # (0-16)
Tech roll right toggle : # (0-16)
Tech roll left toggle # (0-16)
Missed tech toggle # (0-16)
Getup attack toggle
Getup in place toggle
Getup roll left toggle
getup roll right toggle

So the user inputs a sum of techs that adds up to 16 for the CPU then the CPU would vary their tech/wakeup options based on the probabilities chosen.
Alright. It's done, and more. I just need to make the flags editable via a "CPU Codes" debug menu. Godlike tech chasing practice for sure. I'm excited.

Is there a date for when the next update is coming?
No set date yet. Still actively working on it. It's coming along great.
has anyone just have the compiled iso I can use?
We're not allowed to post ISOs or links to ISOs on Smashboards.
Not sure why. Obviously something with my old code, but I don't care about it anymore because it will all be rewritten. I'm sorry that it is annoying, though.
So this may seem like a small request but god in heaven it's killing me. As everyone knows load state crashes if you try to load state in any number of special situations, most notably (imo) when a player is being lowered to the stage from the platform after losing a stock.

Is there an easy way to do one of the following:

Scenario 1

- Find address that correlates to whether a player is on platform
- If ((address == 1) && (P1 tries to load state))
{
DON'T ****ING TRY TO LOAD THAT ****();
}

Scenario 2

Sometimes if you try to load state immediately after killing opponent (before they are lowered down, but after blast animation) the opponent just falls from the sky with no platform. Is there a code that can be used to just completely skip the platform sequence altogether? This would be ****ing sweet for practicing in that it speeds stuff up and I wouldn't own myself by accidentally loading state while someone is on the platform.

I know the obvious response is "just don't ****ing load state while on platform" but after a few hours of practice when you get into a rhythm, sometimes you just forget.

Awesome job as always Achilles

EDIT to ask Achilles do you have a PayPal and if so you should put a Donate button in the main post so I can give $$.
I will certainly add some problematic action state checks before executing the load in the next version. Can you make a list of ones you have seen that cause freezes/other issues?

I've noticed the "falling from the sky" before and had the same thought you did of "weird.. that's actually kind of cool."

No donation link....yet.

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Alright. It's done, and more. I just need to make the flags editable via a "CPU Codes" debug menu. Godlike tech chasing practice for sure. I'm excited.

No set date yet. Still actively working on it. It's coming along great.

We're not allowed to post ISOs or links to ISOs on Smashboards.

Not sure why. Obviously something with my old code, but I don't care about it anymore because it will all be rewritten. I'm sorry that it is annoying, though.

I will certainly add some problematic action state checks before executing the load in the next version. Can you make a list of ones you have seen that cause freezes/other issues?

I've noticed the "falling from the sky" before and had the same thought you did of "weird.. that's actually kind of cool."

No donation link....yet.
Thank you... I've improved a lot with your pack.

Same with you.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
We're not supposed to spread those things through smashboards, try smashladder or compile the damn thing yourself.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I noticed this too while back and I thought the issue had something to do with the shine WD in place or whatever the CPU does. I asked Achilles for a code to remove this shine WD in place from the CPU and once I rebuilt the ISO, the CPU no longer air dodges off stage.

Edit:I think the code ach gave me is somewhere in this thread, I'm not 100% sure, I'll try to find it.

This is what he sent me:

Try changing 0x388 in the DOL from 418204e0 to 480004e0. I believe they won't shine ever.
Alternatively, you could be able to change the line before that one from 2c170002 to 2c170001.
This will change the logic from not shining when on a collision link that is grabbable and not drop-throughable (an edge), to not shining when on a collision link that is not-grabbable and drop-throughable (a regular platform).

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I noticed this too while back and I thought the issue had something to do with the shine WD in place or whatever the CPU does. I asked Achilles for a code to remove this shine WD in place from the CPU and once I rebuilt the ISO, the CPU no longer air dodges off stage.

Edit:I think the code ach gave me is somewhere in this thread, I'm not 100% sure, I'll try to find it.

This is what he sent me:

Try changing 0x388 in the DOL from 418204e0 to 480004e0. I believe they won't shine ever.
Alternatively, you could be able to change the line before that one from 2c170002 to 2c170001.
This will change the logic from not shining when on a collision link that is grabbable and not drop-throughable (an edge), to not shining when on a collision link that is not-grabbable and drop-throughable (a regular platform).
So... You're telling me that if we change those codes to those, they'll stop air-dodging off-stage? Will that affect gameplay or anything? Were those codes field tested?

Last edited:

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Can you yell at the 20XXTE guys to change their name? Their project is completely different to this and has no plans for PAL afaik, because they do all stuff from memory card. I'm annoyed that they're confusing casuals.
They said that they would have a plan for PAL users DEPENDING on demands. I guess the 20XX part is like that because it uses similar stuff like the 20XXTP. How are they confusing casuals anyways...?

Last edited:

Timic83

Smash Ace
Moorabbin/Hampton East, Melbourne, Australia
They said that they would have a plan for PAL users DEPENDING on demands. I guess the 20XX part is like that because it uses similar stuff like the 20XXTP. How are they confusing casuals anyways...?
It won't happen, the file structure of PAL is completely different. I'm kind of paranoid that because of the replay functions of 20XXTE people here will be tempted to switch to NTSC which imo there's no reason to.

It's confusing because it's pretty much the same name.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
It won't happen, the file structure of PAL is completely different. I'm kind of paranoid that because of the replay functions of 20XXTE people here will be tempted to switch to NTSC which imo there's no reason to.

It's confusing because it's pretty much the same name.
Well, they can make a second memory card for PAL files. NTSC is the most used version and it has stuff that the PAL version doesn't, making it a "fun killer" in a sorta way, so there IS a reason to switch to.

20XXTP = 20XX Training Pack, made for training and to get good.
20XXTE = 20XX Tournament Edition, made for legal tournaments.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Well, they can make a second memory card for PAL files. NTSC is the most used version and it has stuff that the PAL version doesn't, making it a "fun killer" in a sorta way, so there IS a reason to switch to (I'm aware that the NTSC version contains minor glitches that can't occur during gameplay all the time and damage variations, but it's not THAT huge).

20XXTP = 20XX Training Pack, made for training and to get good.
20XXTE = 20XX Tournament Edition, made for legal tournaments.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
No, it's a completely different game with a completely different scene. There's nothing inherently better or more balanced about NTSC, it's just different.
"Completly different scene." Only if you use low-tier characters or just ignore the minor differences on the rest of the characters.

CeLL

Smash Lord
try smashladder
No
Can you yell at the 20XXTE guys to change their name? Their project is completely different to this and has no plans for PAL afaik, because they do all stuff from memory card. I'm annoyed that they're confusing casuals.
"They" would be Dan Salvato, and he is planning to do a PAL release sometime in 2016. Afaik the name goes, read the thread.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Aren't you a SL mod or somethin
Cos heads up, I got quite a few isos from there lol.
Yes and please use the report button whenever you see piracy take place. While it would certainly be convenient and helpful to provide people ISOs, it's illegal and we cannot allow it for legal purposes.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
Yes and please use the report button whenever you see piracy take place. While it would certainly be convenient and helpful to provide people ISOs, it's illegal and we cannot allow it for legal purposes.
Alright man, I'll keep an eye out from here on out.
It was a while ago in any case.

Top Bottom