• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I am running 20XX thru nintendont on my wii u but am having trouble... It seems that the game is just a reskind melee save, I don't have all the chars or stages, I can't use the toggle options, and the debug mode is just tournament mode with a different button.

My guess is that something happened with the replacement files on the SD or possibly that I'm not supposed to have selected "create save file" at the start. Anyone have this happen to them?
Sounds like you replaced everything but the DOL file. Reread the step in the instructions txt file about the DOL. And at this point, don't rebuild the entire ISO. Read the collapse box on the main post about replacing a single file.

bunnymeninc

Smash Rookie
Sounds like you replaced everything but the DOL file. Reread the step in the instructions txt file about the DOL. And at this point, don't rebuild the entire ISO. Read the collapse box on the main post about replacing a single file.
I had it as "boot.dol", should I re-name it or keep troubleshooting?

bunnymeninc

Smash Rookie
my melee iso or my finished "game.iso"

Edit: its saying file import is too large.

Last edited:

Dark brawler

Smash Rookie
Hi, been really enjoying the game but I do have a problem. I am playing team battles with my friend and it seems dual 1v1 is always on even when turned off. I would like to play normal friendly fire off 2v2 battles but seems like I cannot unless somebody can help me. Help would be much appreciated :)

Doq

Smash Lord
Who worth their salt turns friendly fire off in doubles?

But seriously have you tried the debug toggle?
Debug Menu > Gameplay Codes > Dual 1v1 = OFF

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Hi, been really enjoying the game but I do have a problem. I am playing team battles with my friend and it seems dual 1v1 is always on even when turned off. I would like to play normal friendly fire off 2v2 battles but seems like I cannot unless somebody can help me. Help would be much appreciated :)
I haven't truly tested it on 3.02 recently, but I think I remember looking at the Dual 1v1 code as I've been remaking 20XX and realized I never adjusted the code for the new debug toggle values.

Lagcraft

Smash Rookie
For some reason the download keeps saying it'll take 20 minutes and downloads only a few kilobytes per minute. It's not a problem with my internet. It'll get about 10 minutes into downloading and then suddenly finish. When it finishes, it has an error and I can't open any of the files or unzip them. Any ideas?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Actually, I think the Dual 1v1 debug menu toggle does work. At least on the version I just tried.

Doq

Smash Lord
For some reason the download keeps saying it'll take 20 minutes and downloads only a few kilobytes per minute. It's not a problem with my internet. It'll get about 10 minutes into downloading and then suddenly finish. When it finishes, it has an error and I can't open any of the files or unzip them. Any ideas?
Get a better ISP. Yours is likely blocking it or Mediafire entirely.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Wanted to chime in to say I've been using 20XX to help improve techchasing and it's been very useful in doing so but the rarity of getup attacks has been bothersome. I know strato already brought this up and got a solution, but I was wondering if it were possible in some future release to give the option to fiddle with tech/getup frequency in debug menu? I don't really want to remove teching completely cause then I'll just get used to punishing missed techs by knowing they are going to miss tech, rather than reacting to it. Also, if you could add the option of making computers spotdodge after getup/tech roll that would be useful to help practice as well. (since not every character has a shine)
Yeah, this is a great idea. I think I know the perfect way to implement it, as well. I'll look to do it in the next release.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Yeah, this is a great idea. I think I know the perfect way to implement it, as well. I'll look to do it in the next release.
Is color indicators for when you pressed hard press (Tech), are in the tech window, and are in the you pressed tech twice and blew it window: a possible thing in the decent future?

Last edited:

Lagcraft

Smash Rookie
Get a better ISP. Yours is likely blocking it or Mediafire entirely.
Well it ended up downloading fine (still slow but no errors) on my desktop so I uploaded it to a different website (because I have no flashdrive), and then finally downloaded it onto my laptop. I don't know what the problem was but this fixed it for me.

I'm not gonna sacrifice my two year contract speed and price for a website I'm never going to use again

Lagcraft

Smash Rookie
One more question. Do I need a gamecube memory card for this to work? Because I got everything set up and it says I don't have Memory Card. I also don't have anything unlocked, (i.e. stages & characters) but it says it's the 20xx version.

CeLL

Smash Lord
for some reason the custom debug menu doesnt show up it is only the normal debug menu
One more question. Do I need a gamecube memory card for this to work? Because I got everything set up and it says I don't have Memory Card. I also don't have anything unlocked, (i.e. stages & characters) but it says it's the 20xx version.
Both of you likely didn't put Start.dol in the right folder. Make sure to put it in the &&systemdata folder when you're rebuilding your iso.

Lagcraft

Smash Rookie
Both of you likely didn't put Start.dol in the right folder. Make sure to put it in the &&systemdata folder when you're rebuilding your iso.
Well I rebuilt the ISO and things seem to be working but every time I random a stage instead of choosing one, my game freezes.

Edit: It seems to be actually when I play against a falco or fox cpu.

Last edited:

jrod842

Smash Rookie
First off love the pack but I have noticed that the collision bubbles on Doctor Mario Don't work or at least i haven't gotten them to work they only make him invisible.

CeLL

Smash Lord
First off love the pack but I have noticed that the collision bubbles on Doctor Mario Don't work or at least i haven't gotten them to work they only make him invisible.
This is an issue in vanilla Melee with Dreamland.

Myougi

My posts are gluten free.
Yes. Installing DIOS-MIOS and USB loading are soft-mods for your Wii (Soft mods modify software, hard mods modify the console physically). Doing this will tamper with your Wii's internal files, like it's BIOS.
Don't be scared though. It's really hard to 'brick' (break) your Wii as long as you follow the instructions on how to set everything up.

Last edited:

Hedgehog_

Smash Cadet
I go to training mode set it to human so the cpu won't DI but then it just starts moving by itself. Any fix?

Impact009

Smash Journeyman
For everybody's convenience, I'll host the 20XX iso for as long as I can. I can't guarantee that I'll update it with every new revision. Hashes can be provided upon request, but I rarely ever log onto Smashboards.

EDIT: Sorry bruh. Direct links to ISOs are not allowed on Smashboards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
My suggestion is make this thread into the development thread, and create a separate thread for tech support. Just my two cents.

Keep at it Achilles, we can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

CeLL

Smash Lord
actually it didn't crash dolphin or anything but yeah a lot of codes didn't work, like alt costumes
We play 20XX on netplay plenty, it works fine. You probably built the iso wrong or have some AR codes on in Dolphin.

Top Bottom