• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The 20XX Melee Training Hack Pack (v5.0.2 - 1/20/2023)

Gun.Rugger

Smash Cadet
I may be speaking in ignorance here, but the root file in this download seems to be missing PlClWh.rat, causing the game to crash when you load Young Link with the R modifier in the white tunic.

I ran into this problem originally running a copy made by the batch file that was provided by DRGN.

Thank you DRGN for making this accessible to idiots like me!! This hack is rad! And thank you achilles1515, and everyone else who created this awesome game hack. You guys are awesome.

Hawkins

Smash Rookie
Question, will the guide on the opening post written by hectohertz still work for getting 20xx onto my wii? nothing has changed has it? also, the guide says the wii MUST be on Ver. 4.3. My wii says it is on Ver. 4.3U. will that make any difference?
sorry if these are stupid questions, im just cautious and as much as i would like to have 20XX i really dont want to mess up my wii.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I may be speaking in ignorance here, but the root file in this download seems to be missing PlClWh.rat, causing the game to crash when you load Young Link with the R modifier in the white tunic.

I ran into this problem originally running a copy made by the batch file that was provided by DRGN.

Thank you DRGN for making this accessible to idiots like me!! This hack is rad! And thank you achilles1515, and everyone else who created this awesome game hack. You guys are awesome.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...date-4-0-beta04.351221/page-126#post-20580870

You are correct, I just haven't released an update since. Go to the texture thread and download the purple tunic young link, or a different white young link. Rename it PlClWh.rat and add to the Root files. Then use GCR to rebuild the Root folder into a new ISO using the "do not use TOC" option.

http://smashboards.com/threads/model-hacks-imports-thread.419373/#post-20239581

Doq

Smash Lord

Just drop something in there. Like this one. You'll have to go through the manual install method though so it might be better to wait.

But yeah missing files is a huge issue.

e~ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 with the major ninja outta nowhere.... and with the same texture suggestion...
e2~ and then I realize he meant MachRider's, not MagicScrumpy's

Last edited:

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
Left is SD Remix, or different alternate characters (Fox with Falco's Shine, for example) for the characters which are unchanged in SD Remix.
But Falcon has an SDR version with some changes (PAL gentleman, landing lag reduction on Aerial Falcon Kick, ability to Falcon Dive out of Raptor Boost if it hits an opponent, etc.), yet 20XX's version of SDR Falcon has a grounded "Falcon Shine" that was never part of SDR.

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
I have done everything to install 20xx but when I go to dios mios booter 20xx doesn't appear.
Why is that?

Last edited:

Cheeftain

Smash Rookie
What's the "Root Files" Download for? I am using Dios Mios so I've already made the 4.0 ISO and extracted it in cmd doing the gcreex thing, also replaced the "MnSlChr.usd" file in the root folder. Everything is working fine but was I supposed to do something with the root files download?

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Aww man I just thought I found the sickest follow ups on Marth. But then I realized that the CPU don't wiggle out asap in beta 4.
What a shame. RIP dreams

Doq

Smash Lord
What's the "Root Files" Download for? I am using Dios Mios so I've already made the 4.0 ISO and extracted it in cmd doing the gcreex thing, also replaced the "MnSlChr.usd" file in the root folder. Everything is working fine but was I supposed to do something with the root files download?
The Root Files and the xdelta patch do the exact same thing. They just use two different methods to achieve the same result.

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I can't make the characters PAL, when I press R I just changed the colours of the character

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
For some reason I can't make the characters PAL, when I press R I just changed the colours of the character
The method of changing to PAL is different in this version.

D-pad up is metal texture.
Left is SD Remix, or different alternate characters (Fox with Falco's Shine, for example) for the characters which are unchanged in SD Remix.
Right is PAL/NSTC.
Down is rumble.
L and R are alternate costumes.

Force-loading the stage select screen is now done by holding the Start button instead of D-pad up.
You can also change whether the characters are PAL or NTSC by default in the debug menu.

Last edited:

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
Is frame counter broken in 4.04 for dolphin? I've used it before in 3.02, did all the same stuff, turned frame counter and in game code toggles on in the debug menu, but when I go to use it it doesn't work.

To be more specific, L & R and D pad left will turn the percents to 999 and d pad up will freeze, but it won't save the animation to the percent. It'l just go back to zero.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Is frame counter broken in 4.04 for dolphin? I've used it before in 3.02, did all the same stuff, turned frame counter and in game code toggles on in the debug menu, but when I go to use it it doesn't work.

To be more specific, L & R and D pad left will turn the percents to 999 and d pad up will freeze, but it won't save the animation to the percent. It'l just go back to zero.
It's probably broken, I can't say I've tried, but I think I didn't put it back in on purpose. Because it's crap. 3.02 in it's entirety is very rough, and I just don't want to introduce subpar code back into 4.0.

--> I still need to rewrite it.

In other [small] news, over the holidays I started working on:

- CPU AI improvements (mainly for spacies at the moment, but I am going to use the same framework for CPU options out of techs/hitstun)
- Custom event matches
- that projectile subaction code
- other small things and random research

As always, I didn't get as much done as I hoped. If I have time tonight, I think I'll write a guide on how to use the 20XX 4.0 stage swap structure. I've kind of left you guys out of the loop on this one at the moment, but it basically solves everyone's desire for swapping stages around on the SSS.

Y-L

Smash Champion
It's probably broken, I can't say I've tried, but I think I didn't put it back in on purpose. Because it's crap. 3.02 in it's entirety is very rough, and I just don't want to introduce subpar code back into 4.0.

--> I still need to rewrite it.

In other [small] news, over the holidays I started working on:

- CPU AI improvements (mainly for spacies at the moment, but I am going to use the same framework for CPU options out of techs/hitstun)
- Custom event matches
- that projectile subaction code
- other small things and random research

As always, I didn't get as much done as I hoped. If I have time tonight, I think I'll write a guide on how to use the 20XX 4.0 stage swap structure. I've kind of left you guys out of the loop on this one at the moment, but it basically solves everyone's desire for swapping stages around on the SSS.
Are we going to see the return of CPU hold shield command any time soon? That's what's keeping me from updating ;__;
Would it be possible to be able to have the CPU shield angle forward so you can practice shield pressure without the CPU moving backwards?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
20XX 4.0 Stage Swap Modifications

Open up the 20XX 4.0 Start.dol file in a hex editor and go to offset 0x3F8C80.

Here you will see ASCII for all the stages on the Stage Select Screen (SSS) and can make modifications as to what stage will be loaded. Other advanced modification options include custom stage flags for ASM code and RAM byte replacements intended to be used for file name changes.

20XX 4.0 will support up to four Stage Select Screens. The current beta only uses three, which are controlled by pressing D-Pad Up/Down on the SSS.
MnSlMap.1sd = default stages
MnSlMap.2sd = competitive hacked stages
MnSlMap.3sd = other stages & single player stages
MnSlMap.4sd = not yet supported

But you can change these stages to whatever you want. It is important to note though, that when MnSlMap.2sd is active, other 20XX ASM codes are being executed. So it's probably wise to just not modify that one.

Capture.PNG

(Picture taken with version Beta04 DOL)

New Stage ID (8-bit each)
This will be the ID of the stage to load
  • 0x00 = No swap, load default stage
  • 0x15 = Aerial Arena, but further codes are needed to make this "stage" load
  • 0x1A = Use the Target Stage chosen in the 20XX Debug Menu
Stage IDs

Stage Flags (8-bit each)
The stage flag byte for the current MnSlMap is stored @ 0x803FA2E5 upon stage selection.
The first three bits of the byte are used in another code for custom spawn points, which I will not be getting into right now. So if you happen to use this stage flag for anything, make sure the first three bits are 0. This is mainly for people wanting to write ASM codes for stage mods. So say you made one page contain two N64 Dream Lands, you could set one to have a stage flag of 0x10 which could mean it doesn't have wind. (But you would then have to write the ASM code, executed while playing on DL, to check the stage flag value before performing the wind logic). This gives a lot of flexibility and power.

Just leave this as 0x00 if you aren't using stage flags.

Example of existing stage flags:
Code:
STAGE FLAG VALUES - 20XX 4.07
*Note: These code flags are additive. So if you wanted frozen water mode for Pokemon, the stage flag would be (0x08 + 0x80) = 0x88

Battlefield:
(10) = water BG, set in stage init function
(40) = Custom Plats 1
(80) = Custom Plats 2
(C0) = Custom Plats 3

Pokemon Stadium:
(08) = water mode
(10) = rock mode
(20) = grass mode
(40) = fire mode
(80) = frozen, checked every frame on stadium

Final Destination
(40) = long stage floor (only for vanilla/textured final destination files, no model imports)
(80) = no background transitions

Brinstar
(80) = Disable rising lava

All-Star Rest
(80) = Disable portal from exiting stage

Corneria
(80) = Disable ships
(40) = Disable gun

Princess Peach's Castle
(80) = Disable Bullet Bill and switches

Mushroom Kingdom II
(80) = Disable Pidgit, Birdo, and Logs

Trophy Snag
(80) = Disable trophy drop
RAM Pointers for Byte Replacement (32-bit each) & Byte Replacement at Pointer Address (8-bit)
These fields allow one to perform 8-bit RAM overwrites when a stage is selected. The intended purpose of this feature is to cater to having multiple files of the same base stage within the ISO. A good example of when you want to use this is for @zankyou 's model import stages, while also keeping the original stage in the game.

An example of this feature's use is in the above picture for Princess Peach's Castle on MnSlMap.2sd. When the stage is selected, the Stage-to-load ID is swapped to 0x39 (Roy's Target Test stage) and then the byte at RAM address 0x803E9817 is changed from [default value] to 0x6B.

In 20XX 4.0 (Beta04), I added another Roy Target Test stage (GrTFe.dat) to the ISO file system which was Zankyou's model import of Pokemon Kalos League. I named this new file:

GrTFe.kat
(k for Kalos, I guess)

"k" = 0x6B in ASCII Hex

0x803E9817 is the byte location of GrTFe.dat

I know this by searching for "GrTFe" (the hex value for this ASCII) in the DOL and then using DRGN's Code Manager Tools to convert the DOL offset to the RAM offset.

Capture2.PNG

So with the above configurations, when Princess Peach's Castle is selected on MnSlMap.2sd, it will load Roy's Targest Stage instead, and will try to load the file GrTFe.kat instead of GrTFe.dat.

If you don't want to use an 8-bit overwrite, just leave the pointer value as 0x00000000.

Setting this 8-bit overwrite value to 0xFF will result in the use of the Random Byte Overwrites. See below.

NOTE: The default 8-bit value that was overwritten at the address, is returned to it's default value after the match ends.

Random Byte Overwrites (8-bit each, 32 bit total)
When the byte replacement is set to 0xFF, a random byte replacement will be used. Up to four random bytes can be specified. This feature is not available for MnSlMap.1sd.

Say you have 4 different Dream Land files you want to have the game randomize between.
You could add these into your ISO file system as GrOp.1at, GrOp.2at, GrOp.3at, GrOp.4at.

Then set the first byte replacement to 0xFF to use the random bytes for the specified SSS selection. Then for the random bytes, you would put the four in succession: 0x31323334 (0x31 = "1", 0x32 = "2", etc.). And then make sure to add in the pointer to the corresponding ASCII "GrOp.dat" RAM location.

If you only wanted to use 3 of those Dream Lands, it would be 0x31323300.
(end it with a 0x00).

-------------------

I think that's all for now.

----------------------------------------
Note: all this is subject to change in the future if I feel like making changes, lol.

Last edited:

youngashton28

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question

I have 20XX 4.0 and have gone through the debug menu a few times to see what there is to toy with, and found the new game modes. I'm not sure how to activate any of the game modes. Anybody know?

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
- Custom event matches
ach, what is meant by custom event matches. I've been wishing for sometime that you could create custom scenarios for practice like you make fox jump off the edge and side b and you can practice jab jabbing him and then edgeguarding. Another scenario would be marth jumping off and sweet spot up b'ing and you try to hit him and it just loops through these scenarios over and over.

I'm sure this isn't what you mean by custom even matches right

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Question:
Would you be able to tell me how you did the music playlist hack.
I'm a brawl hacker and am new to hacking melee
I'm just wondering how you were able to do this

Shulkle

Smash Rookie
NNID
evilbowserboy
3DS FC
5386-8026-1641
Just a quick question

I have 20XX 4.0 and have gone through the debug menu a few times to see what there is to toy with, and found the new game modes. I'm not sure how to activate any of the game modes. Anybody know?
Go to special smash
The text in the menu is changed to reflect the different game modes so it should't be hard to figure out which game mode is which

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
edit: just found the note in the OP that said cpu toggles don't do anything yet, so nvm. I'm dumb.

On a side note: is there anyway to get spacies to get up shine? I've messed around with the frame perfect get up option, but it doesn't seem to change anything.

Last edited:

Sickolas

Smash Apprentice
For some reason not all the training toggles are working on my game. Any ways to fix this?
ya dont use 4.0 because 4.0 is in beta and has like half of the old stuff disabled

like everything related to ai and more

only reason to use 4.0 is to debug and try out the new stuff, and a lot of it isnt fully implemented yet

just use 3.02 to practice

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
captain falcon in pm and melee? and he's too typical smh
Melee Falcon. Go on, beat any Top 100 with Falcon, lmao. At least he's less typical than Foxes, Falcos and Marths.

Kk, sure. :^] Best bait ever.

Last edited:

JasonBrav0

Smash Rookie
20xx isn't picking any other ports but the p1 port, how can i get it to detect the other ports/controllers? Btw they do seem to respond in the config menu in dolphin

Ladder

Smash Apprentice
It hasn't been implemented in this version yet, on account of it being a beta and most of the codes being in the process of being completely rewritten. Please read the FAQs; they will answer most of your questions.
Alright when the full version is released (not beta), can I just delete the beta file on my sd card and replace it with the file of the full version?

Michelangelo

Smash Cadet
I got my CRT today and when i try to play 20xx it's in black and white. When i play PAL it is color. I'm from the netherlands and i don't know if it's because of the TV. It's an Xiron CRT. I've already tried force pal50, pal60 and NTSC but it always freezes on a black screen. I really don't know what to do anymore. Can someone pls help me.

Kem0therapy

Smash Rookie
I got my CRT today and when i try to play 20xx it's in black and white. When i play PAL it is color. I'm from the netherlands and i don't know if it's because of the TV. It's an Xiron CRT. I've already tried force pal50, pal60 and NTSC but it always freezes on a black screen. I really don't know what to do anymore. Can someone pls help me.
Do u mean when u force pal on nintendont or when u play pal melee? Also, r u using a ntsc wii or a pal one?

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
What loader are you using, and have you tried different ones?

Michelangelo

Smash Cadet
What loader are you using, and have you tried different ones?
Do u mean when u force pal on nintendont or when u play pal melee? Also, r u using a ntsc wii or a pal one?
I tried force pal 50 and 60 on 20xx on a pal wii. I've tried it on nintendont, usbx loader and one where i can't remember the name from. When i try force pal i get a black screen with all loaders.

Top Bottom