• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 20 Costume Project [27/41] **UPDATE - Pikachu Completed

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
Charizard is completed!

Costume No.|Costume Na.|Made By|Recoloured By|Description
1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Charizard's Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Aerodactyl
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Based on Charmeleon
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Golbat
5 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Tyrinitar
6|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Shiny Colouring
8|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Based on Salamence
10|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Gen 2 Shiny Colouring
11 [RED] |Armoured Design|PMDT|N/A|Armoured Design Default Costume
12|Armoured Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
13 [BLUE] |Armoured Design|PMDT|Choice Scarf|Based on Garchomp
14 [GREEN] |Armoured Design|PMDT|Choice Scarf|Based on Haxorus
15|Armoured Design|PMDT|Puzzled|Original Design
16 [BLUE] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|N/A|Mega Charizard Default Costume
17 [RED] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
19|Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
20|Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
You could make the Green Team color a solid reference by making the colors match Shiny Mega Charizard X. Not sure if that wouldn't be green enough (Flames are still blue in XYORAS), but the costume would be much more obviously green than the current one.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
This could just be me, but do you feel there is a bit of costume continuity lost by having standard Charizard get a new red team costume, while armored Charizard still uses the original orange one?

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
Took my idea or thought about it yourself? (Not mad, just wondering.)

Remember I can retexture things myself.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
This could just be me, but do you feel there is a bit of costume continuity lost by having standard Charizard get a new red team costume, while armored Charizard still uses the original orange one?
The idea with this is for fans of using the orange default colour in teams in default 3.6 can still use a similar colour in the 20CP with the Armoured Red Team colour. I understand your reasoning for bringing this up, however.
Took my idea or thought about it yourself? (Not mad, just wondering.)

Remember I can retexture things myself.
Funnily enough, Charizard has actually been done for quite some time now, I just didn't get around to colouring the CSPs.
You could make the Green Team color a solid reference by making the colors match Shiny Mega Charizard X. Not sure if that wouldn't be green enough (Flames are still blue in XYORAS), but the costume would be much more obviously green than the current one.
That is a good idea, but I'm keeping in tune with keeping all the colours black skin with coloured lighting/flames.

I likely won't post anything until next week as I am very busy this weekend. Once that is over, however, I will likely post two or three characters in quick succession.

Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
This is a super impressive project. I hadn't heard anything about a new CBliss code yet but I'm glad it's going to be a thing. I'm really loving the Brawl recolors you've done.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Lucas is completed!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Lucas' Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Claus
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
5 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
6|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Boney
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Baby Drogo
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Kumatora
10|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Masked Man
11|Masked Man|PMDT|N/A|Masked Man Default Costume
12|Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Based on Claus
13 [RED] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
14 [BLUE] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
15 [GREEN] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
16 [RED] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Chimera Default Costume
17 [BLUE] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
18|Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
19 [GREEN] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
20|Chimera|Shin F.|Star|Original Design
Big thanks for Mach 7 for rendering Chimera Lucas and also allowing me to use this Brawl Minus costume in the 20CP!

The yellow Chimera CSP is a little more compressed than the others due to my lack of the correct files to size it accordingly to match the others. This will be fixed soon, I just wanted to showcase Lucas as soon as possible as he definitely has one of the highest quality sets in the 20CP thus far.

Expect at least two more characters this week. :smirk:

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is completed!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Lucas' Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Claus
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Boney
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Baby Drogo
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Kumatora
10|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|SSB4 Masked Man
11|Masked Man|PMDT|N/A|Masked Man Default Costume
12|Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Based on Claus
13 [RED] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
14 [BLUE] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
15 [GREEN] |Masked Man|PMDT|Vinegar|Original Design
16 [RED] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Chimera Default Costume
17 [BLUE] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
18|Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
19 [GREEN] |Chimera|Shin F.|N/A|Original Design
20|Chimera|Shin F.|Star|Original Design
Big thanks for Mach 7 for rendering Chimera Lucas and also allowing me to use this Brawl Minus costume in the 20CP!

The yellow Chimera CSP is a little more compressed than the others due to my lack of the correct files to size it accordingly to match the others. This will be fixed soon, I just wanted to showcase Lucas as soon as possible as he definitely has one of the highest quality sets in the 20CP thus far.

Expect at least two more characters this week. :smirk:
And so it begins... The implementation of the New Minus Alts:love: (Link, Luigi, Zelda, Sheik, Marth, Metaknight, Ike, Snake, Sonic, and some minus recolors next maybe? Also RoboNess to replace the Ninten alt since it will confuse people that Ness is Ninten(The kid dosen't need that from people calling him Sans))

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
And so it begins... The implementation of the New Minus Alts:love: (Link, Luigi, Zelda, Sheik, Marth, Metaknight, Ike, Snake, Sonic, and some minus recolors next maybe? Also RoboNess to replace the Ninten alt since it will confuse people that Ness is Ninten(The kid dosen't need that from people calling him Sans))
Only some characters will be getting their Minus alts, especially not ones I've already finished.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
If I could add this in it would be great but I think in a GnW ditto if one male GnW versus a Female GnW with the same colour it could still get very confusing.
Male could get the Project M colours, female could get the Brawl colours, badabing, badaboom!

I know, I replied to a really old post... :(

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Male could get the Project M colours, female could get the Brawl colours, badabing, badaboom!

I know, I replied to a really old post... :(
That would be the ultimate solution however I'm not even sure if it's possible to have seperate vertexes for Game and Watch's colours. As of right now GnW will get a unique 15 | 5 colour scheme, with 15 unique colours then 5 white highlight colours at the end (You'll understand what I mean when you see them.)
I hope Roy gets a 2nd alt, I guess the Leif Costume would match good to Roy.
http://fireemblemwiki.org/w/images/a/af/FE776_Leif_02.png

And about recolors, it needs to be based on his closer friends or companions.
Ultimately most characters that are only 10 | 10 would get a 2nd alt if one was appropriate, but some are left with only one on purpose. That costume would be great for Roy if someone went to the trouble to model it.

Last edited:

Moe (Mac Cornik)

Smash Rookie
Star ☆ Star ☆ , Do you remember that I've mention about on my facebook account I requested AlGeorge Romo to making that Leif Costume and he must be busing on the Brawl Minus and Smash 2?

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Ice Climbers are completed!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
3 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
4|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Star|Original Design
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Star|Melee Blue Team Colour
9|Brawl Design|N/A|FroznHobo|Green and Brown Plaid Climbers
10|Brawl Design|N/A|FroznHobo, Star|Cherry and Teal Plaid Climbers
11|Bear Climbers|PMDT|N/A|Bear Climbers Default Costume
12|Bear Climbers|PMDT|Moe|Based off Smash 3C Panda
13 [RED] |Bear Climbers|PMDT|Moe|Based on a Grizzly Bear
14 [GREEN] |Bear Climbers|PMDT|Moe|Based on a Black Bear
15 [BLUE] |Bear Climbers|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
16|Ice Comrades|Theytah|N/A|Ice Comrades Default Costume
17 [RED] |Ice Comrades|Theytah|BullockDS|Inspired by Zangief
18 [GREEN] |Ice Comrades|Theytah|BullockDS|Based on Russian Uniforms
19 [BLUE] |Ice Comrades|Theytah|BullockDS|Based on Russian Uniforms
20|Ice Comrades|Theytah|BullockDS|Original Design
Huge thanks to Zevarus and DavidvKimball for the renders of Brawl and Ice Comrades costumes respectively!

This set has been in the works for a long time and is my personal favourite out of all I have released so far. The most notable thing about this set is all of ICs brawl costumes + some new recolours have been re-rendered in the brawl pose but with two notable changes: the controllable climber for each costume is now at the forefront like in the Melee portraits and the secondary climber is slightly further off to the side so their vest colour is much more obvious.

Huge, huge thanks to Zevarus for the amazing amount of work he put into ensuring this was possible. Also shoutouts to Moe, DavidvKimball and BullockDS for their work on the Bear and Ice Comrades costumes.

Expect a dual character reveal sometime this weekend. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Zelda and Sheik are completed!

2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Early Apperances
3 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Link to the Past Art
4|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Ocarina of Time Style
7|Brawl Design|N/A|NoFun|Original Design
8|Brawl Design|N/A|tsukikomi|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Based on Hilda
11|Ocarina of Time|PMDT|N/A|Ocarina of Time Default Costume
12 [RED] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
13 [BLUE] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
14 [GREEN] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
15|Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
16|Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Young Appearance Default Costume
17 [BLUE] |Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
19 [RED] |Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
20|Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7, Star|Original Design
Big thanks for Mach 7 for rendering Young Zelda and also allowing me to use this Brawl Minus costume in the 20CP!
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
3 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Tetra
4|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Ocarina of Time Style
7|Brawl Design|N/A|NoFun|Original Design
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Based on Hilda
11|Ocarina of Time|PMDT|N/A|Ocarina of Time Default Costume
12 [RED] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
13 [BLUE] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
14 [GREEN] |Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
15|Ocarina of Time|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
16|Impa Clothes|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Impa Clothes Default Costume
17 [BLUE] |Impa Clothes|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Impa Clothes|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
19 [RED] |Impa Clothes|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7|Original Design
20|Young Appearance|AlGeorgeRomo|Mach 7, Star|Original Design
Big thanks for Mach 7 for rendering Impa Sheik and also allowing me to use this Brawl Minus costume in the 20CP!

It may be a while until the next character but expect me to post some updates to previous character sets sometime in the next week; there is some fixing up to do.

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Cool. Are you ok with adding extra non-gameplay hacks to the gct? If so, I think it would be awesome if you added the Smash 4 style team colors by pyotr code that Legacy XP has. That way you can use whatever team color you want. The code may not work alongside the 20 costume code.

Just a suggestion.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Cool. Are you ok with adding extra non-gameplay hacks to the gct? If so, I think it would be awesome if you added the Smash 4 style team colors by pyotr code that Legacy XP has. That way you can use whatever team color you want. The code may not work alongside the 20 costume code.

Just a suggestion.
No, that will not be included with this pack. I am personally not a fan of being able to use whatever colour you want in team battles which is why every costume here has appropriate team colours. You are free to add it yourself if you wish.

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Star ☆ Star ☆ Most of the characters still have their Brawl renders for their normal costumes. Will they be changed eventually?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Star ☆ Star ☆ Most of the characters still have their Brawl renders for their normal costumes. Will they be changed eventually?
No, not in this release. I said back on the first page that I wish to keep the original Brawl renders for default costumes. Keep your eyes peeled though as next year this project will be moving on to other things...

Obskore

Smash Ace
i see there are a lot of Project Mirage recolors being used here, i was the "founder" of that project that never was completed, but i'm glad it's been picked up for a big thing like this

Flex Luthor

Smash Rookie
Do you have download links for the alts and recolors? Or could you at least tell me where I can find them?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Do you have download links for the alts and recolors? Or could you at least tell me where I can find them?
Most of the alts made by myself are not available and won't be until the project is completed, some other ones that other people have made can be found on Brawl Vault though.

Sliquify_Cheeze

Smash Cadet
One thing, I'm pretty sure that all of Ike's armour recolours except for the green one are references. Red is Zelgius from FE9/10, Black is the Black Knight from FE9/10 and the White/Red one is Titania from (you guessed it) FE9/10.

Cnip

Smash Rookie
This project is dope. I get excited with every costume choice you put out.

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
I actually can't contain my excitement at this, I have a mighty need.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
This is incredible.

Filling up costume slots with additional recolors and alt teams is so much of what I had wanted in a PM build, bless you for this.

Hooded Marth is fine, but what would you say of giving him something like this instead? I do not think there is a version of this costume that has non-S3 shading/lighting, but were it to exist I feel something like that (despite how silly it is) would be a better pick over what is essentially the same as his default with a very slight change.

Alternatively, I would prefer something that is actually a completely different outfit over what is basically the default with a hood stuck on it.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
This is incredible.

Filling up costume slots with additional recolors and alt teams is so much of what I had wanted in a PM build, bless you for this.

Hooded Marth is fine, but what would you say of giving him something like this instead? I do not think there is a version of this costume that has non-S3 shading/lighting, but were it to exist I feel something like that (despite how silly it is) would be a better pick over what is essentially the same as his default with a very slight change.

Alternatively, I would prefer something that is actually a completely different outfit over what is basically the default with a hood stuck on it.
Star is primarily making these as a base for people to use as a base or edit if they want. I believe Classic Marth is a Brawl- Costume, so you should be able to find it and recolors in their recent build.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
This is incredible.

Thanks for the praise, my response towards hooded Marth is as follows.

Only some characters will be getting their Minus alts, especially not ones I've already finished.
I will not be swapping out any full costume sets unless it's a personal decision of mine or if it's to make a 10 | 10 character a 10 | 5 | 5 *cough* *Snake update* *cough*

I appreciate the suggestion though.

Cnip

Smash Rookie
Those Awakening Roy recolors are seriously gorgeous. If a third costume of quality comes out for him, you should consider replacing classic Roy recolors.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Star is primarily making these as a base for people to use as a base or edit if they want. I believe Classic Marth is a Brawl- Costume, so you should be able to find it and recolors in their recent build.
Gonna have to do exactly this then, thanks.

I had no idea it was a Brawl- costume, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Once this is finished I'll try to make a point of replacing the costumes myself, but my guess is that I'll get lazy and just stick with the hood.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Dumb question however are you going to post download links once all characters are done?

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Team recolor suggestion:

Might want to edit Shadow Queen Peach and Gi Lucario a little bit. The fur and gi combos could get a little confusing, but I don't think nearly as confusing as red-team Shadow Queen Peach might get. I know a red iteration exists, why not just replace the 4th one (dark purple) with the red one?

As for Lucario, this is probably just a preference thing. I feel like both the green and blue team colors could get pretty confusing, given that green team has a blue gi and red team has a green. For some reason I don't see the original PMDT gi as possibly confusing, but those other two seem like they could use some tweaking.

Luigi too, this one is super nitpicky, but why not just make his last classic recolor into a dark blue instead of giving him another light blue?

Also I just noticed how different hooded Marth's team recolors are from his classic ones so I have made a complete 180 on that.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Are the Wolf ones done?

Top Bottom