• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 20 Costume Project [27/41] **UPDATE - Pikachu Completed

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
First, I'd like to say that I really like to see what you are doing! You have done a fantastic work so far! Congratulations!

However I have a question: are you planning to make this as official-looking as possible or is this just something that you are making for your scene and that you simply share. If not the last thing, I have some advises:

-I don't think that the original shadow queen design fits as a red team costume. So, for the red recolor of Shadow Queen, I propose something inspired by Kuro's fire shadow queen recolor (http://i.imgur.com/IjwWjfK.png), which would replace the dark purple one.

-I saw that Moe did recolor Beta Knight's sword depending on the color of the character's model. However, was this really necessary? You could have include something like what the Smash 3C Team did: https://i.imgur.com/wCHu8gk.png

-Why Dark Toon Link is replaced with a simple black tunic Toon Link? Also, Conductor Link would have been more appropriate than the Hylian Tunic Toon Link.

-The Awakening Roy recolors look a bit... off. But that may just be me.

-I found nice recolors of Jet Set Sonic that could be taken for inspiration: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208719

-The Pikmin Cosplay for Captain Falcon doesn't look as "official' as the other ones, yet I love it and I don't know with what it could be replaced... except maybe GX Falcon, but it could look too similar to Brawl Falcon... (http://imgur.com/a/tuZzH)
I personally think the default Shadow Queen colour is fine as a Red Team Alt, it's a nice red wine shade. Moe only recoloured Blue and Green for Beta Knight and I did the other two, I like the sword matching the body; the example you linked looks a bit jarring to me. Dark Toon Link was swapped as it is near-universally hated throughout my scene and many others; it looks pretty cheesy and unfitting with the cat eyes. Not sure what to make of your comment regarding the Awakening Roy colours considering you didn't really say anything descriptive. Also, I made the Jet Set Radio recolours myself a while ago, not sure why you're suggesting other ones to me?

If you had read the rest of this thread you'd probably notice that Pikmin Falcon has been brought up to me by almost every person here and I made it clear that I'm looking for alternatives. I do agree that GX Falcon looks too similar.

I appreciate criticism in regards to the quality of my work such as CSPs or texture quality or maybe some strange choices, but please read the rest of the thread as your comments about Falcon and Toon Link have been brought up before and answered already. Also, comments that say that something "looks a bit off" or "I don't like this choice" without much reasoning really doesn't help either.

I don't intend on sounding antagonistic, but this is a huge project and a lot of the colour theory choices and smaller decisions are left up to me because again this is largely a personal build. If there are certain costumes you don't like and ones that you would prefer instead even though I've made it clear that my scene and I prefer them, then feel free to change them when you download the pack.

Thanks for the praise, either way.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
-Why Dark Toon Link is replaced with a simple black tunic Toon Link? Also, Conductor Link would have been more appropriate than the Hylian Tunic Toon Link.
-The Awakening Roy recolors look a bit... off. But that may just be me.
ok are you talking about Regular Link or Toon Link with the Dark Link comment? personally i would prefer the Links in just a black tunic instead of the non acerit Dark Links that Smash have, as for Conductor link i do like the costume the the Hylian tunics look good too and seem to fit with the rest of Toons Costumes

as for Awakening Roy, there are other versions of the recolors you can find on Brawl Vault if you want to switch them out when its released

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Official, osmishal. Most people are gonna take the base work that is this project once the code for it is fully functional and bend it to their will, myself included.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Official, osmishal. Most people are gonna take the base work that is this project once the code for it is fully functional and bend it to their will, myself included.
still i got to wounder, why did Nintendo give the Dark Links white hair even though Dark Link is supposed to be a shadow

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I personally think that Falcon in different swimwear would be a g great replacement to the Pikmin Falcons.
That would take a lot of work though as I have never seen any on Brawlvault.
Preferably, Falcon should have his chest shaved to look like his Falcon logo for all but two.
Red would be Blood Falcon so instead of chest hair, it would be a large tattoo on his back of his Falcon, and white would be without chest hair or tattoo and instead be a falcon logo on his shorts.

Just saying, I think that would be cool.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I personally think that Falcon in different swimwear would be a g great replacement to the Pikmin Falcons.
Preferably, Falcon should have his chest shaved to look like his Falcon logo for all but two.
Red would be Blood Falcon so instead of chest hair, it would be a large tattoo on his back of his Falcon, and white would be without chest hair or tattoo and instead be a falcon logo on his shorts.

thats an, interesting consent to say the least

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

I know I saw a shirtless falcon on brawl vault before, maybe you could work off of that.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Since you guys have been waiting a while, the next post will contain 3 or 4 characters... :smirk:

Last edited:

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
I totally appreciate how professional you're trying to make this look! It drives me mad when I download a pack and they have all of these sorts of weird costumes that are sorted absolutely horribly.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
The new characters should be posted in several days but while you're waiting I'll post some progress either way;

David has been kind enough to update Sonic's CSP lighting to better match the Brawl Aesthetic and look nicer in general. I will update the image on the OP soon.

Difference2.png

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Hey guys, I got a triple character update for you all today!

Costume No.|Costume Na.|Made By|Recoloured By|Description
1 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Lucario's Default Costume
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
3|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
4|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
5 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
6|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Shiny Lucario
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Psycho Ghost|Original Design
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Yukio|Original Design [Mango]
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
11 [BLUE] |Ryu Gi|PMDT|N/A|Ryu Gi Default Costume
12|Ryu Gi|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
13 [GREEN] |Ryu Gi|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
14 [RED] |Ryu Gi|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
15|Ryu Gi|PMDT|Noserus|Original Design
16 [BLUE] |Mega Form|Nanobuds|N/A|Mega Form Default Costume
17|Mega Form|Nanobuds|Starwaffle|Original Design
18 [RED] |Mega Form|Nanobuds|Noserus|Original Design
19 [GREEN] |Mega Form|Nanobuds|Noserus|Original Design
20|Mega Form|Nanobuds|Noserus|Original Design
Shoutouts to Davidvkimball's render of Mega Form Lucario!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Ike's Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Greil
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Enemy Units
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
5 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Allied Units
6|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|"Ordinary Soldier"
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Based on Micaiha
8|Brawl Design|N/A|SJS|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|SJS|Original Design
11|Greil Ike|AlGeorgeRomo, SubZero2|N/A|Greil Ike Default Costume
12|Greil Ike|AlGeorgeRomo, SubZero2|Star|Based on Yu Narukami's Midwinter Costume
13 [BLUE] |Greil Ike|AlGeorgeRomo, SubZero2|Star|Based on Ravenclaw Quidditch Robes
14 [RED] |Greil Ike|AlGeorgeRomo, SubZero2|Star|Based on Gryffindor Quidditch Robes
15 [GREEN] |Greil Ike|AlGeorgeRomo, SubZero2|Star|Based on Slytherin Quidditch Robes
16 [BLUE] |Hector Armour|PMDT|N/A|Hector Armour Default Costume
17 [RED] |Hector Armour|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Hector Armour|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
19|Hector Armour|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
20|Hector Armour|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
Greil Ike was rendered by my amazing friend @Zevarus ! Huge shoutouts to his hard work.

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Wolf's Default Costume
2 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
3|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
4 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
5 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Original Design
6|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design [Mango]
7|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
8|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Moe|Original Design
11|Melee Design|JoeTE|N/A|Melee Design Default Costume
12 [RED] |Melee Design|JoeTE|DosV|Original Design
13 [GREEN] |Melee Design|JoeTE|DosV|Original Design
14 [BLUE] |Melee Design|JoeTE|DosV|Original Design
15|Melee Design|JoeTE|N/A|Original Design
16|Star Fox 2 Design|PMDT|N/A|Star Fox 2 Design Default Costume
17 [RED] |Star Fox 2 Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Star Fox 2 Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
19 [BLUE] |Star Fox 2 Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
20|Star Fox 2 Design|PMDT|Moe|Original Design
Again, huge shouts to Zev for his amazing render work on Melee Wolf!

I hope you enjoy this update. To be honest, I wanted to include more today but the characters I had in mind simply aren't ready. As I enter the second half of this project, most characters get close to completion by a few colours or so because they don't have immediately obvious choices for their third costume, or they are particularly hard to recolour or render.

The vast majority of the characters remaining are sitting in my folder with 15/20 colours done so expect bursts of them to come when I have moments of inspiration. An updated Captain Falcon set will be coming soon as well.

I want to take the time here to give huge shoutouts to Moe and Zevarus who are indisputably the two largest contributors to this project outside of myself. Moe's attention to detail in his recolours and CSPs is astonishing and our styles work well together due to our similar design goals. Zevarus has been a major asset to this project as there has been (and will be) many costumes that do not have appropriate renders (or renders at all!) for this project. He has rendered 5 characters for the project so far, with my personal favourite still unreleased, so get hype for that. Huge thanks to Zev for his amazing work!

Expect to hear from me a lot in the coming weeks; Pyotr is getting close to the finished code so I have the ability to start implementing these ingame and begin the final stage of the project; PSA work and coding. See you all next time. :)

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
While I like the colors as a whole for Ike, that orange/black/red one looks really tacky and stands out

I thought I'd suggest replacing it with a palette similar to Ike's Lord class:

EDIT: Also, a Greil Palette and a Greil costume might be a little redundant if you really don't wanna remove that one

Last edited:

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
An updated Captain Falcon set will be coming soon as well.
Yes! Hopefully this means a helmet-less Falcon. Either way I'm sort of curious, although I think you should still include a set with the Pikmin Falcon if your intention is to use it for personal builds (some people do prefer that attachment with the creator).

Yalung

Smash Cadet
I can do CSP edits and recolors as well man if you really need some help. This project seems really huge and exciting to me so I would love to boost up the progression. I'm able to do whole characters and costumes so feel free to hit me up with any ideas that you have in mind.

I'm also tempted to merge this build with so many matching Smash 3 costumes (and self-made recolors).

Last edited:

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
I can do CSP edits and recolors as well man if you really need some help. This project seems really huge and exciting to me so I would love to boost up the progression. I'm able to do whole characters and costumes so feel free to hit me up with any ideas that you have in mind.

I'm also tempted to merge this build with so many matching Smash 3 costumes (and self-made recolors).
This is Yalung. Or this was Yalung as that's my brother's account that I lurked on for a while. Hit me up on this account if you accept my volunteer work.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Updated Captain Falcon set is live!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Captain Falcon's Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|F Zero X Expansion
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Blood Falcon
4 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design [Smash 4]
5 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original F Zero [Smash 4]
6|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Jody Summer
7|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design [Smash 4]
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Xenozoa425|Original Design [Mirage]
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Xenozoa425|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|N64 Design
11|Helmetless|JoeTE|N/A|Helmetless Default Costume
12 [RED] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Shun-One, Star|Original Design [Mars]
13 [GREEN] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Star|Based off original Green Colour with lime highlights instead
14 [BLUE] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Star|Original Design
15|Helmetless|JoeTE|SJS, Star|Original Design
16|Retro Falcon|PMDT|N/A|Retro Falcon Default Costume
17 [GREEN] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Vineger|Original Design
18 [RED] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Vineger|Original Design
19 [BLUE] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Star|Original Design
20|Retro Falcon|PMDT|Star|Original Design
Zevarus, the god, rendered the Helmetless set.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
Updated Captain Falcon set is live!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Captain Falcon's Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|F Zero X Expansion
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Blood Falcon
4 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design [Smash 4]
5 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original F Zero [Smash 4]
6|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Based on Jody Summer
7|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design [Smash 4]
8|Brawl Design|N/A|Xenozoa425|Original Design [Mirage]
9|Brawl Design|N/A|Xenozoa425|Original Design
10|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|N64 Design
11|Helmetless|JoeTE|N/A|Helmetless Default Costume
12 [RED] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Shun-One, Star|Original Design [Mars]
13 [GREEN] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Star|Based off original Green Colour with lime highlights instead
14 [BLUE] |Helmetless|JoeTE|Star|Original Design
15|Helmetless|JoeTE|SJS, Star|Original Design
16|Retro Falcon|PMDT|N/A|Retro Falcon Default Costume
17 [GREEN] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Vineger|Original Design
18 [RED] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Vineger|Original Design
19 [BLUE] |Retro Falcon|PMDT|Star|Original Design
20|Retro Falcon|PMDT|Star|Original Design
Zevarus, the god, rendered the Helmetless set.
Beautiful

DarkSimorgh

Smash Cadet
DUCK YES! As the initial supporter of helmetless Falcon, I just wanna take this time to announce that I am officially running for President. Vote Simorgh/Falcon 2016! ^.^ Thank you so much Star!

Shren

Smash Journeyman
DUCK YES! As the initial supporter of helmetless Falcon, I just wanna take this time to announce that I am officially running for President. Vote Simorgh/Falcon 2016! ^.^ Thank you so much Star!
Trump and Hillary have nothing on you.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
1000% interested in this project. Let me know how I can support.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
Star ☆ Star ☆ , I notice that you're using my Fierce Deity costume for Link, which is totally fine and flattering. But would you like me to make you a Brawl-styled version to fit in with the others?

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Star ☆ Star ☆ , I notice that you're using my Fierce Deity costume for Link, which is totally fine and flattering. But would you like me to make you a Brawl-styled version to fit in with the others?
Oh, I didn't realise the texture style wasn't the same. Yeah, if you would be willing to I'd love a Brawl styled version. :)

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
I gotcha. Yeah, my original used textures from and based on Smash 3DS since 3DS Link's textures were edited from Brawl's.

Moe (Mac Cornik)

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Charizard is completed!

1|Brawl Design|N/A|N/A|Charizard's Default Costume
2|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Aerodactyl
3 [RED] |Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Based on Charmeleon
4 [BLUE] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Golbat
5 [GREEN] |Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Based on Tyrinitar
6|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design
7|Brawl Design|N/A|PMDT|Shiny Colouring
8|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Original Design
9|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Based on Salamence
10|Brawl Design|N/A|RoboticCyborg|Gen 2 Shiny Colouring
11 [RED] |Armoured Design|PMDT|N/A|Armoured Design Default Costume
12|Armoured Design|PMDT|N/A|Original Design
13 [BLUE] |Armoured Design|PMDT|Choice Scarf|Based on Garchomp
14 [GREEN] |Armoured Design|PMDT|Choice Scarf|Based on Haxorus
15|Armoured Design|PMDT|Puzzled|Original Design
16 [BLUE] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|N/A|Mega Charizard Default Costume
17 [RED] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
18 [GREEN] |Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
19|Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design
20|Mega Charizard v2|Nanobuds, Theytah|The_Ragi|Original Design

Top Bottom