• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 12 ~ K.Rool's MYM 4 SM

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I certainly didn't expect one of my movesets showing up so soon or much less for you to make an SSE. . .But I'm pleasently surprised!:p

I think it might be a good idea next go around for me to not reveal my roster and simply not take requests just so that I can include everyone with ease and not have to get so stressed about everything.

I like how detailed you went into the levels, even describing the attacks of the enemies in detail. That's crazy. The levels were simple, but as they should be at this point.

I expect great things to come from you.

. . .Although Dracula as the lead villain? AGAIN?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think this way is a LOT easier than slowly assembling a team and trying to cram them all in, even if you don't care about the character. More freedom this way. I'm gonna try to give everyone some representation, although even if they end up going without, they could always just check out someone else's, pretty much every 'set in the contest ended up in someone's SSE.

And thanks. :bee:

... And I wouldn't worry too much about Dracula. He's a guest star, and we all know what happens to guest stars. :p

Agi

Smash Lord
Love it. I didn't see you making an SSE, but I like what you've done so far. I just might have to make this one I read as soon as updates are mentioned...

*adds yours to my list*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm really glad to hear it, agi! I didn't think I'd cave in either, but there you go. Anyway, thanks for commenting. :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thank ye, Baron! I did notice your comment in the thread, and am quite grateful for it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You sneaky little... *shakes fist at*

Great. Now I don't even stand the slightest chance. -.-"

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Eheheh! I suppose that's a compliment, yes? Th... thank you? *gives thumbs up while cackling*

I'm not really writing this for the contest, so I might not finish it anyway. I wouldn't worry too much, you've got yourself a mighty fine SSE there, Spade.

...Speaking of that, I hate calling these SSEs. I really do. They're not. One-Player Storylines? OPS? Yep, I'm calling them OPS from now on.

D

Deleted member

So far, so awesome KingK.Rool.

Can't wait for more :bee:
Lol, he thinks he's special.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So far, so awesome KingK.Rool.

Can't wait for more :bee:
Lol, he thinks he's special.
Do not anger me, peon. I know your true name. Don't force me to use it.

And thank you. Keep up the compliments and avoid the angering of me, and nobody has to get hurt. Or haunted by evil spirits.

D

Deleted member

This is one of the better-written SSEs I've read. Your characterisations are perfect - I look forward to future chapters. Now to dent MW's SSE again...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Awesome work! Sheesh, what with all these SSE's OPS's I feel like making one of my one...

I'm excited to see who you include!
This is one of the better-written SSEs I've read. Your characterisations are perfect - I look forward to future chapters. Now to dent MW's SSE again...
Thanks, guys. The next chapter should be up relatively quickly...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Looks great so far, K.Rool! I'm sure it wasn't intended as such, but the very end provided quite the comic relief, at least to me.

Sonic is a Brawl character.
Needs moar "duh." :laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Looks great so far, K.Rool! I'm sure it wasn't intended as such, but the very end provided quite the comic relief, at least to me.

Needs moar "duh." :laugh:
Hehe, it was intended. I considered putting exclamation marks, but figured I'd just leave it. I mean, it's possible it was a remade moveset, isn't it? Gotta clarify things like that. :bee:

And thanks!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I am offended by the fact that the Tails is the underdetailed one made by a random person in MYM 4 over Dancingfrogman's masterpiece in MYM 3.:mad:

Other then that, amazing, as expected. . .Although having an entire level be nothing but a few puzzles may be a bit awkward. People are typically going to play the SSE first thing, so they'll probably be playing as these two for the first time and will more likely then not get stuck on the puzzles.

I'm still amazed at the detail you go into with the levels, though. It's a very good thing.

The cult robes thing for everyone may be a bit awkward, though. And how does Nack wear a hat and a hood?

The story is becoming quite interesting so far. I considered using Werehog Sonic, but then how would I make both forms of Sonic playable in the end game?:dizzy:

Although if you're putting in a bunch of characters in here just because you like them and not cause they're good/requested, put in Knuckles and Metal Knuckles by Luvtoy Rogue Wireframe and Dancingfrogman in MYM 3, respectively. Knuckles isn't the best set, but MK is exceptional.

WHY'D THEY HAVE TO KILL HIM OFF?!?

Metal Knuckles > Metal Sonic

Don't ask me why I randomly went out and acted all harsh and stuff, it was great, and understandably short for how detailed (You know how much I like that) it was. And here I thought you'd go the route of the others and focus on the heroes. :laugh:

For MYM 5, I should have only the villians be playable to spite the thought process of the usual SSE.:laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
1) I'm really trying to keep the number of guest characters to a minimum. Those that I do include are there for plot purposes and, well, we all know what's going to happen to them. There's tons of vital Sonic characters in MYM 3 that I could bring in, but I'm still keeping the focus on low quantity but lots of screen time, and don't want to make my OPS TOO serious.

2) That's a good point about the puzzle level, but I just get so excited over making each level character-specific. On a related note, have YOU figured out how to solve the puzzles? :p

3) The Nack thing is a bit of a joke I stuck in there, since it pretty much is impossible for him to have both. Oh well. I like having some universal indicator of who's part of The Twelve, at least until the villain actually starts having to fight their own battles (Eggman's trip through the ARK aside).

4) How to make them both playable? Perhaps not at the same time, but I certainly have an idea as to how to let you switch logically. Hint: something to do with a certain pair of sun and moon characters...

5) I am trying to fit in all the good movesets, rather than the weaker entries, but again, there's that dang guest character clause I'm trying to avoid... Metal Knuckles was indeed an excellent set, but I don't want to put in TOO many robots. You have him in your SSE already, don't you?

6) That's how I'm setting myself apart. A lot of emphasis on the bad guys. Not playable too much, of course (not everyone has as many minions as Eggman), but around what they're up to.

But I'm really glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, I do try to put a lot of detail in the levels; I'm finding I love writing them, actually. Just trying to avoid doing the Sakurai generic-enemy generic-level thing is a fun exercise in itself.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
1) I'm really trying to keep the number of guest characters to a minimum. Those that I do include are there for plot purposes and, well, we all know what's going to happen to them. There's tons of vital Sonic characters in MYM 3 that I could bring in, but I'm still keeping the focus on low quantity but lots of screen time, and don't want to make my OPS TOO serious.
Any reason you want to kill off all the guest characters anyway. . .?

2) That's a good point about the puzzle level, but I just get so excited over making each level character-specific. On a related note, have YOU figured out how to solve the puzzles? :p
I figured out some of the Omega ones, but I didn't read Metal Sonic more then a glance due to him being so insanely overpowered, so I'm not sure.:dizzy: You DO know his aerials do 25% and high knockback yet are as fast as MK's?

3) The Nack thing is a bit of a joke I stuck in there, since it pretty much is impossible for him to have both. Oh well. I like having some universal indicator of who's part of The Twelve, at least until the villain actually starts having to fight their own battles (Eggman's trip through the ARK aside).
I don't recall you saying Eggman had robes. . .We'll just have to say what significance being a member has though. And here I thought the SSE was called "The Twelve" after the original SSB roster.:p

4) How to make them both playable? Perhaps not at the same time, but I certainly have an idea as to how to let you switch logically. Hint: something to do with a certain pair of sun and moon characters...
Ah. . .Brilliant. Speaking of which, should I go read those two? Are they better/as good as Superstar Helpers?

5) I am trying to fit in all the good movesets, rather than the weaker entries, but again, there's that dang guest character clause I'm trying to avoid... Metal Knuckles was indeed an excellent set, but I don't want to put in TOO many robots. You have him in your SSE already, don't you?
I had Metal Knuckles in my MYM 3 SSE. In my MYM 4 SSE, Metal Sonic and Knuckles just have cameos, they're just minor cutscene NPCs.

6) That's how I'm setting myself apart. A lot of emphasis on the bad guys. Not playable too much, of course (not everyone has as many minions as Eggman), but around what they're up to.
I honestly think I already at least as much if not more playable levels as evil characters in my SSE. Beat you to the punch. :p

But I'm really glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, I do try to put a lot of detail in the levels; I'm finding I love writing them, actually. Just trying to avoid doing the Sakurai generic-enemy generic-level thing is a fun exercise in itself.
I try to make unique scenarios for levels as well, but I don't detail them that much, I just write out the basic concept. People have enough troubling reading through my extremely detailed cutscenes, they don't need extremely detailed levels as well.

Good luck with this great looking SSE.:bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Any reason you want to kill off all the guest characters anyway. . .?
Some sort of old being replaced by the new or something something. I want to keep the focus on MYM 4, so if I do absolutely have to bring in a guest character, for plot purposes, I don't want them sticking around for too long. That's pretty much the whole sub-message in my prologue. :bee:

I figured out some of the Omega ones, but I didn't read Metal Sonic more then a glance due to him being so insanely overpowered, so I'm not sure.:dizzy: You DO know his aerials do 25% and high knockback yet are as fast as MK's?
I did notice that as I was reading. Eeesh. Still, nobody says that THAT has to be exactly what goes in the game. I'd assume someone would balance it first. And I didn't exactly read it in great detail, you only need to use two of his attacks.

I don't recall you saying Eggman had robes. . .We'll just have to say what significance being a member has though. And here I thought the SSE was called "The Twelve" after the original SSB roster.:p
I suppose I didn't. I thought Nack's mention of "the count" would suggest they're both familiar with Dracula, but that's easily missed. Anyway, Eggman has his own agenda, as we'll see shortly (well, maybe not shortly; the next Sonic chapter isn't until a bit later).

Ah. . .Brilliant. Speaking of which, should I go read those two? Are they better/as good as Superstar Helpers?
Why thank you. And yeah, I definitely recommend them; I preferred them to the Helpers, on the whole. A fantastic set, if you ask me.

I had Metal Knuckles in my MYM 3 SSE. In my MYM 4 SSE, Metal Sonic and Knuckles just have cameos, they're just minor cutscene NPCs.
Oh yeah, that's right. I'd forgotten they didn't have playable roles. Hmmm.

I honestly think I already at least as much if not more playable levels as evil characters in my SSE. Beat you to the punch. :p
*shakes fist*

I try to make unique scenarios for levels as well, but I don't detail them that much, I just write out the basic concept. People have enough troubling reading through my extremely detailed cutscenes, they don't need extremely detailed levels as well.

Good luck with this great looking SSE.:bee:
True, true. My cutscenes aren't as plentiful or as long, though, so I try to make the levels a bit more in-depth. But you're my main inspiration; reading your OPS is where I first started thinking of all the unique things you could do with otherwise boring levels. I still can't believe you thought of some of those, they're so... ingenious.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've read it, and I've got to say it's looking pretty good.

The fact that I'm a fan of Sonic makes this chapter epic for me, but it's great non the less.

:)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I've read it, and I've got to say it's looking pretty good.

The fact that I'm a fan of Sonic makes this chapter epic for me, but it's great non the less.

:)
Thanks!

Pretty fun chapter, but it feels wierd that a Sonic chapter couldn't get a boss fight.
Ah, H_R. Glad you enjoyed it. Anyway, the way I figure it, chapters don't truly exist in a BBQ, they're just a way to sort out what would otherwise be a long string of levels and cutscenes. Mine are relatively short, so I didn't think I needed a boss at the end of each of them. Fear not, though; there's another Sonic chapter coming up soon (with a BIG role for Nack), and that one will have a boss. :bee:

D

Deleted member

HOLY CRAP!!! A BATEN KAITOS CHAPTER!!!!

I REALLY LIKE HOW YOU PUT WISEMAN AS A BOSS!!!! SERIOUSLY THIS CHAPTER IS FRIGGING AWESOME!!!! GIBARI, SAGI, KALAS, MILLY, GUILLO AND EVEN GIACOMO ARE IN IT!!! REALLY AWESOME SSE CHAPTER!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*is a Baten Kaitos fanboy*

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Pretty good. Like I said already, I like how it's written like a strategy guide, gives your story a unique feel. Wiseman was a good enough boss considering it's only the first one. And of course, epic LOL at the move set credits.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
HOLY CRAP!!! A BATEN KAITOS CHAPTER!!!!

I REALLY LIKE HOW YOU PUT WISEMAN AS A BOSS!!!! SERIOUSLY THIS CHAPTER IS FRIGGING AWESOME!!!! GIBARI, SAGI, KALAS, MILLY, GUILLO AND EVEN GIACOMO ARE IN IT!!! REALLY AWESOME SSE CHAPTER!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

*is a Baten Kaitos fanboy*
Pretty good. Like I said already, I like how it's written like a strategy guide, gives your story a unique feel. Wiseman was a good enough boss considering it's only the first one. And of course, epic LOL at the move set credits.
These two comments are hilarious. They're like a complete contrast. H_R is so calm and collected and rational (yeah, I think I could've been more creative with the boss, and will try to work on that on my next one), and TWIL is all passionate and frantic and all. Hehe.

Anyway, thanks to both of you. And I'm glad you like it, TWIL; this is pretty much just YOUR chapter, all the characters are yours. :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Yay for a chapter with
Movesets I really should've read and don't know anything about sans Guillo and Gibari. . .And maybe Giacomo
!

That said, good chapter, you kept me entertained despite me being so unfamaliar with the universe. I liked the wiseman as a character and as a boss. He had some really unique attacks, though could maybe use a couple more.:p

You need to reference Sagi's only fan being Twilty somehow.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yay for a chapter with
Movesets I really should've read and don't know anything about sans Guillo and Gibari. . .And maybe Giacomo
!

That said, good chapter, you kept me entertained despite me being so unfamaliar with the universe. I liked the wiseman as a character and as a boss. He had some really unique attacks, though could maybe use a couple more.:p

You need to reference Sagi's only fan being Twilty somehow.
Hehe, I've been waiting for a comment from you, Warlord!

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it, despite not knowing the characters. I was going for a balance between good characterization and fitting in the universe and just general coolness that everyone can enjoy. :bee:

And yeah, I totally ran out of ideas for Wiseman. I could make generic energy-based projectiles, but in the actual boss battle (which I studied on Youtube), he doesn't use a big variety of attacks, so I went with that.

But yeah, I wonder how I could work a tree into a scene with Sagi...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kholdstare: Thanks!

Trophy Master: I think you'll enjoy the next chapter. It stars a certain character of yours...

Top Bottom