• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

that one stage that makes you roll your eyes

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
we all have the handful of stages that make you roll your eyes because they're just a pain to deal with in for fun,
which one is your least favorite? my personal least favorite stage in for fun would probably be:

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I absolutely abhor Gaur Plain's stage design in both versions of the game, as well as 75m. They're waaaayy too big for my liking.

Oh, and whenever I have to play on Pyrosphere online, I immediately leave the match.

Last edited:

Brony Drumming

Smash Rookie
NNID
BronyDrumming
I agree with you about 75m; Balloon fight on the 3DS is the most annoying stage in the game. If I was in charge of the tournament, I would've banned these stages.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
75m, no contest. gaur plains is also pretty terrible(seriously, that layout is atrocious. especially since it oft respawns you RIGHT ABOVE A PIT)

CocoaCannon

Smash Rookie
NNID
CocoaCannono
Pac Land, I hate it so much that I even dislike the omega version, looks like something made in MS Paint. It's a shame that it's the only Pac-Man stage for the Wii U Version, would've loved to see the 3ds Pac-Man Stage come to the Wii U like Wily Castle did

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Pac Land, Pac Land, Pac Land pretty much :200:
I ****ing hate that stage

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
First place goes to...

Pros: I actually quite enjoy the music on this stage.

Cons: Biggest party killer in all of Smash Bros. history in my opinion. Getting 3 people to stay in the room until the timer runs out is like pulling teeth when this stage shows its MS Paint ugly mug. It's a bit of a bummer that we got stuck with this stage over what the 3DS version got, which really captured what the classic Pac-Man was all about in my opinion; this stage is built with troll from end to end. Whether it be those awkward jets of water shooting up that nigh KO you, the fact that it scrolls (changes direction as well), or whether it's those non-grab rock ledges and collapsing wooden bridges on the canyon portion of the level, you can be guaranteed that something will screw you over here.

Honourable mention to...

It can be tough to keep people around on this stage, but I don't find it as exasperating as Pac-Land.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
75M and Palutena's Temple are unconditionally banned, even when playing for fun. I'll take PacLand and Flat Zone X over them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
75M and Palutena's Temple are unconditionally banned, even when playing for fun. I'll take PacLand and Flat Zone X over them.
I agree, imo Palutena's Temple is worse than Pac-Land due to the sheer size of it. It actually hurts my eyes to play it. It's sad too, because Kid Icarus Uprising has some really nice music.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Hmm. I pretty strongly prefer competitive stages, but I certainly play some goofy/banned stages from time to time.

Having said that, some stages that don't make the cut even when I've got items on and playing random characters are...

Great Cave Offensive ("offensive" indeed)
Walkoffs, generally speaking, but I like Mario Circuit
Norfair (which is a shame bc it's so beautifully lit)
Not the biggest fan of Woolly World
Wily's Castle (which could have been so good with just the side platforms!)
Edit: Skyworld is also gross. I don't actually hate Palu's Temple for >4 players.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Isn't there already a thread for this?
Anyway, Gamer, without a doubt. The entire layout and dynamic of the stage is borderline random, so it's basically Norfair but more stupid. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it more, really.
Dishonorable mentions go to 75m, GCO, Flat Zone X, Gaur Plain, Orbital Gate, Palutena's Temple, and Jungle Hijinx.
I don't really understand all the hate for Pac-Land. Sure, the stage itself is a ***** to fight on, but it at least has some swanky tunes. And I actually quite like the art style.

Squid Squad

Smash Rookie
NNID
ICYoshi
3DS FC
4682-8452-8694
Isn't there already a thread for this?
Anyway, Gamer, without a doubt. The entire layout and dynamic of the stage is borderline random, so it's basically Norfair but more stupid. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it more, really.
Dishonorable mentions go to 75m, GCO, Flat Zone X, Gaur Plain, Orbital Gate, Palutena's Temple, and Jungle Hijinx.
I don't really understand all the hate for Pac-Land. Sure, the stage itself is a ***** to fight on, but it at least has some swanky tunes. And I actually quite like the art style.
For me Gamer seems to be one of the only gimmick based stages I enjoy. On the topic though I would have to say Flat-Zone and Pac-Land. 75m is on an entire other level obnoxiousness. It seems like there a running theme of annoying retro stages bar Duck Hunt.

jaketheknight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaketheknight
3DS FC
4854-6438-8016
As with everyone else, I hate 75m, Palutena's, GCO, Gaur and Pac-Land, but Gear Getaway also makes me angry, which is odd, because I love the two dimensional fighting. I also can't stand Pilotwings, the music sucks, the map sucks, it just sucks. Skyworld(the KI one from Brawl) too, it's a boring layout, boring music, and the destructable platforms are just annoying.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
I hate Hyrule Temple. I have no idea why people like this stage. it looks ugly, playing on it is not fun at all. Only thing redeeming to me is the music.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
75m is the weirdest layout I've ever seen. It's really hard to move about. I basically just go to the top level and stay there until Donkey Kong kindly KOs my opponents for me.
Skyworld is trash. Boring layout, boring music, boring series (jk i've never played), the destructable platforms are awful, and that random platform that passes by the bottom is useless. It's like Porky's limousine, but more boring.
Flat Zone X is a version of Flat Zone that's impossible to fight on. I basically suicide when the lions in the cages show up because those guys with the chairs will KO you.
Pac-Land. It's ugly. So ugly. The part where you suddenly reverse direction and that green fairy appears is trippy, off putting, interrupts the flow of battle. Why was this chosen to represent Pac-man? Poor guy. That's a jaded smile he wears all the time.
Any Mario Kart based stage.
Stages that change from one form to another, so basically Delfino plaza. And that Zelda version of it. And Wuhu Island.
Scrolling stages. That post-apocalyptic mushroom kingdom from Brawl is terrible.
Garden of Hope. That crab has ruined at least 3 All-Star tries for me.
Gamer is a "douse it with gasoline, kill it with fire, and then exorcise the remains" stage. The layout is already uncomfortable, but then every now and then the gameplay is interrupted for waaaaaacky hi-jinx with some laser beam mom. Warioware had a variety of gimmicks but this one is repetitive and stupid.
Wily's Castle wouldn't be so bad if Yellow Devil didn't occupy like the whole stage in some way or another.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
The Castle of the Yellow Devil
Pyrosphere- boring music, only fun when Ridley (who isn't playable :awesome:) is on your side
Skyworld- I hate how this stage appears so much online. Boring, boring, just boring.
Mario Circuit (Brawl)- It was meh in Brawl, and now that the AMAZING new one is in, just screw this stage. Love the Waluigi Pinball and Rainbow Music though
75 ****ing m- Worst stage ever (shut up, Hanenbow wasn't a think) Impossible to fight on, bad in every way, it sucks, sucks, SUCKS, SUCKS!!!!! DRGDERFQWSAAZXNOJG!!!!!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't like these stages
  1. 75m
  2. Kalos Pokemon League
  3. Mario Circuit
  4. Norfair
  5. Orbital Gate Assault
  6. Palutena's Temple
  7. Port Town Aero Dive
  8. Pyrosphere
  9. The Great Cave Offensive

I tolerate these stages
  1. Big Battlefield
  2. Castle Siege
  3. Delfino Plaza
  4. Gaur Plain
  5. Halberd
  6. Mushroom Kingdom U
  7. Pac-Land
  8. Pokemon Stadium 2
  9. Skyloft
  10. Wily Castle
  11. Wuhu Island

I actually like these stages
  1. Battlefield
  2. Boxing Ring
  3. Bridge of Eldin
  4. Coliseum
  5. Duck Hunt
  6. Final Destination
  7. Flat Zone X
  8. Gamer
  9. Garden of Hope
  10. Jungle Hijinxs
  11. Kongo Jungle 64
  12. Luigi's Mansion
  13. Lylat Cruise
  14. Mario Circuit (Brawl)
  15. Mario Galaxy
  16. Onett
  17. Pilotwings
  18. Skyworld
  19. Smashville
  20. Temple
  21. Town and City
  22. Wii Fit Studio
  23. Windy Hill Zone
  24. Woolly World
  25. Wrecking Crew
  26. Yoshi's Island

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Final Destination is pretty ****ing overrated.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ghey-mer is the only stage I despise with a passion. It is never clear where the safe zones are while airborne. I'd rather fight all three bosses together on one stage than to put up with this unpredictable abomination of a stage.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I really hate Mario Circuit (Brawl).

Why did that stage... Out of any other stage ever have to come back? It's so booooring!

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
The Great Cave Offensive. Mostly because of that gods-forsaken event, Kirby's Crazy Appetite/Hungry Hungry Kirby.

I also don't like Wily's Castle (Yellow Devil ruined what could've been a good stage. ;_;). Kalos League was also a bit of a letdown.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
It used to be Hyrule Temple because I always hated how big the stage was and how you could live forever at the bottom of the stage. but then then they decided to create the atrocities know as Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple. Those stages make Hyrule look amazing in comparison.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy almost all of the stages in some way, but 75M and Wily's Castle aren't enjoyable in any way to me.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
75 m, Mario Circuit (Brawl), PacLand and Wrecking Crew. I'd trade them for Fountain Of Dreams and Pirate Ship anytime.

Geno9999

Smash Cadet
NNID
Geno9999
Pac Land. Damnit Sakurai, nobody likes moving stages at all. The MS Paint graphics just salt on the wound really. Great music tho, great for Pac Man themed stages.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Great Cave Offensive. There is no reason for the characters to be so small and blend in so terribly with the background.

C3CC

Smash Lord
75m is the worst stage in the entire Smash history. It's just impossible to play in that piece of ****.

Orbital Gate Assault is also unbelievably stupid. There's just too much going on in the background and the stage itself can really screw you up. You end up taking care of the stage and not of the fight.

Palutena's Temple is absurdly huge but it's my favorite Omega stage (that Boss Battle music, though!). Also it's got a nice background.

Oh wait and let's not forget Great Cave Offensive... I mean, WTF was Sakurai thinking... Its Omega form is pretty cool though.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
75m. The scrolling in Pac-Land is fast but design wise outside of the ugliness is okay, 75m you have to fight completely with the stage to even stay on a platform. I play Smash to fight characters, not stages.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
I think the Wii U version has a pretty poor stage selection overall. The 3DS version is more varied and interesting, IMO, even if there's fewer.

Mario Circuit (Brawl): The karts. 'Nuff said.
Yoshi's Island: Those spinning blocks are infuriating, and the stage is too small.
Gamer: Too random, instant KO hazards can die in a fire.
75m: Nearly impossible to do anything here without being hit by the myriad hazards, also difficult to navigate.
Kalos Pokemon League: Too many hazards and distractions IMO.
Port Town Aero Drive: Ugly to look at, and the same problem as Mario Circuit (Brawl).
Flat Zone X: Too small, too many hazards.
Skyworld: As someone who mains a character with a crap recovery, this stage's breakable platforms give me hell.
Pac Land: WHY. JUST WHY SAKURAI. THE SOLE SCROLLING STAGE IN THIS VERSION AND YOU CHOSE THIS.

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Kalos Pokémon League is my vote for worst stage in the game. Sure, it looks nice, has cool music, and background Pokémon are a neat detail, but it fails completely when it comes to gameplay. Transformations are random and most of them are unbearable.

Water: it's okay. The stream only lasts for two seconds and lets you jump on the platforms. Manaphy's Whirlpool may be deadly, but it's not so difficult to not be stuck on it.
Dragon: geyser-like hazards are annoying. There's worse, but it's still annoying. Rayquaza... well, now we're starting to talk about this stage's most stupid hazards. He's fast and hits hard, and he's not super easy to dodge.
Fire: oh god those flame pillars, they're killing the fight. They inflict slight hitstun to fighters, which is annoying to move and land attacks. When Ho-Oh is here, the stage becomes downright unplayable.
Steel: if each chamber was its own stage then this one would be my most hated one by far. Swords as just as annoying as Fire chamber's flame pillars, and combined with the steel puddle that turn anyone touching it into metal, it makes killing anyone impossible. Also Registeel is one of the worst hazards ever seen in any Smash Bros. game. Stomp + swords swirl is almost impossible to dodge.

When I was working in the All-Star hard on everyone before I hammered this challenge (I couldn't resist the appeal after being KOed by G&W's Judge's 9 in the last round while I was working on WFT) I generally leaved immediately when this stage showed up. This is how much I hate this stage gameplay-wise.

Honorable mention to Pac-Land and Yoshi's Island. The former looks bad and has obnoxious hydrant hazards while the later has an horrible layout. I don't like Boxing Ring either, those ropes you can bounce on make it rather obnoxious to play on - b-but, it has cool character-specific aliases! This is negated by the fact that they also appear in the Omega version.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Pac land. I don't play for fun or most of the haxy stages so none of the rest of them bother me.

I hate Pac Land because it's the death of an All Stat run on hard mode. Might as well just quit there because you ain't making it through Pac Land

D

Deleted member

Pac Land! There's other ones I can't stand but Pac Land is the worst.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126

This one... REALLY grinds my gears.

1. None of your smash attacks will EVER connect if you're on an incline.
2. If you get hit, prepare to rebound off of 4,658 blocks.
3. You can't kill off of the right side, because your opponent WILL hit the ground immediately and tech.
4. I swear I've fallen through the middle and died from a stupid mistake about 500 times. At least.

Top Bottom