• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

that one stage that makes you roll your eyes

Gutei

Smash Cadet
All of the normal ones (75m, big stages, boss stages, etc.)... But there's one I don't like despite its usage by others...

Yoshi's Island (I think) from Melee. The one with the pipes and blocks? WHY would they bring this back. I swear, everytime you knock someone up to the right or over to the left they get hung up on the pipes without even trying to tech or DI. Awful awful.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Gamer, Port Town, 75 m and Mario Circuit (Brawl). Because:

1. They ALWAYS are the ones in For Glory. Seriously, I think I've played only ONCE in Temple and Jungle Hijinxs.
2. The music sucks.
3. The design is ugly.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Gamer, Port Town, 75 m and Mario Circuit (Brawl). Because:
2. The music sucks.
I'm curious to know what part of this isn't the swankiest tune in the galaxy.
If you need any more examples, I direct you to White Land, Big Blue, Golden Forest, and every Mute City remix.
(Though I will agree, the stage hazards on Port Town suck balls)

FreshYarn43

Smash Rookie
NNID
beeftaco
I swear, did nintendo really think 75m was a good idea?

1. No one liked it in brawl
  2. The small platforms leave in room for actual fighting to take place
  3. The hazards are deadly
  4. Too easy to fall out of
Even if this stage was meant for casuals and not to be used competitively, it's absolutely horrible.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I can't pick just one.

Pyrosphere: The Ridley concept is an interesting one... and I can see my friends and I having fun with it once in a while. But this is way to frequent in the level draw at least for me. And 2 min time is the exact wrong rule set to play this stage on IMO.

Pac Land: Because the video game gods see me pick a slow power character, my doubles partner pick a gimper, and drops us freaking here...

Garr Planes: Whatever creature gets beat up and takes sides... but I don't seem to draw this as often.

Lesser annoyance:

Gamer: Again I like the stage gimic for some fun with friends occasionally... but it is to frequent in the rotation.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Pac Land… it's so stupid. I would have rather had the Pac Man stage from the 3DS. It's so much better.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Pyrosphere, a.k.a. "Sakurai actively despises the players: The Stage".

I don't even like Metroid or its fanbase. Like, at all. And even I think that Pyrosphere was seriously a **** move in every way.

kirbzpuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
pikaxluigi24
Great Cave Offensive (way too big, danger zones, but I like the music)
Palutena's Temple (same as gco, but its good in 8 player smash)
Gaur Plain (same as gco, and metal face)
Pyrosphere (no comment needed, only good in 8 player smash)
75m (again no comment)
Mario Circuit (brawl) (super boring)
Pac-land (graphics look like it was made in ms paint)
Yoshi's Island (was always boring)

Kleric

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrOrdun
Orbital Gate Assault.
I don't know how many times I could not recover from the transition to the 3 flying Arwings. Other than all of the other bull**** flying around on that stage. ._.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I swear, did nintendo really think 75m was a good idea?

1. No one liked it in brawl
  2. The small platforms leave in room for actual fighting to take place
  3. The hazards are deadly
  4. Too easy to fall out of
Even if this stage was meant for casuals and not to be used competitively, it's absolutely horrible.
Finally someone sees why Pac-Land is at least mediocre tier and why this is complete horse**** tier.

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I think Pac-Land is atrocious as a stage. Even for the casual/party feel of the game, it's awful. Same goes for 75m as I absolutely despise everything about it. FreshYarn43 FreshYarn43 gave the best reasoning to why it's horrendous. I also dislike Orbital Gate Assault as it's incredibly dumb how EVERYTHING can and will kill you for even staying still on Arwing.

However, most of my distaste has to go with any stage that has a boss for stage hazard. No reason why we have to deal with them every two minutes. It's ridiculous and I wish they had the option of turning them off, but no they don't. We can't even play them normally unless we have go to 8 Player Smash and have 5 or more people play and then choose that stage as the boss won't appear.

Last edited:

Mariofan13

Smash Cadet
SKYWORLD! OMG; i hate this stage. The small platform everytimes disrupts my recovery and very often I'm knocked through a cloud platform without having any chance to recover.... This stage is the worst stage in the entire smash series, 75m is much better!

I like to play on Pac-Land, it is one of my favourite casual stages :)

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I have personal problems with ***** : Port Town Aero Drive.
Pac-land, 75m and Flat Zone X are not far behind.
And never, never, never, never forget Hannenbow.

Port Town Aero Drive have great music.... but I just can't see the stage in the TV without drop a tear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom