• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you for supporting Simon Belmont: Castlevania's Original Vampire Hunting Hero!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Let's get this place going. People need to realize what Castlevania has to offer. Let's start with music. Here is my first contribution:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how MGSV has any influence in whether or not Konami decides to allow Nintendo to use one of their characters. It isn't even on Nintendo, is it? But yes, it is kind of hurtful to see this kind of thing happen, particularly with a very well known series that has many fans the world over. Maybe Nintendo should've jumped on this, at least they are more or less active with their own franchises.
I'd like to see Konami do the same thing Capcom did with Mega Man by giving discounts to the Castlevania games on the 3DS and Wii U eshop upon announcing Simon for SSB4.

Also, wouldn't it be funny if one of the screenshots features Simon, Mega Man, and Pit in a group. Maybe even a Mii that looks like Captain N too. :p

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Heh, didn't draw the Captain N parallel, well there ya go now we have another reason to get him in.

But seriously though, I'm going to begin making a video tomorrow to try to sell people on the idea of Simon being included, I know this kind of video has been done to death but I'm going to keep trying. I'll show equal support for Shovel Knight as well since I'm indecisive on who I want most, might as well support both to strengthen their chances either one is fine by me.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Let's get this place going. People need to realize what Castlevania has to offer. Let's start with music. Here is my first contribution:

Like I said, even if Carrie is not in, I wish for the music from the Tower Of Sorcery. It is so beautiful. Actually I wonder if we can use the ballots to mention music?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
The only songs I'd ask for are Vampire Killer, Beginning, Bloody Tears and Divine Bloodlines. maybe throw in a rock remix of Wicked Child as well.

I wanna talk about the design real quick, I think it'd be cool to have a modernized take on the original design with colors based off of his Castlevania 2 design and other Castlevania protagonists like Richter, Trevor, Alucard, Soma, ect. Maybe even throw in the Castlevania Chronicles look as an actual alt. As for stages I think I saw someone bring this up in page 2 but I think the clock tower is the perfect stage to represent Castlevania because it's one of, if not the most prominent level theme in the series, almost every one of those games has a clock tower.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Like I said, even if Carrie is not in, I wish for the music from the Tower Of Sorcery. It is so beautiful. Actually I wonder if we can use the ballots to mention music?

Good track! You should mention music, because the Japanese version of the poll mentions that characters mentioned in the polls might get in other ways then being playable characters (like assist trophies.) Maybe we can get a Castlevania stage even if Simon doesn't make it? (As long as Snake or some other Konami rep gets in, obviously.)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The only songs I'd ask for are Vampire Killer, Beginning, Bloody Tears and Divine Bloodlines. maybe throw in a rock remix of Wicked Child as well.

I wanna talk about the design real quick, I think it'd be cool to have a modernized take on the original design with colors based off of his Castlevania 2 design and other Castlevania protagonists like Richter, Trevor, Alucard, Soma, ect. Maybe even throw in the Castlevania Chronicles look as an actual alt. As for stages I think I saw someone bring this up in page 2 but I think the clock tower is the perfect stage to represent Castlevania because it's one of, if not the most prominent level theme in the series, almost every one of those games has a clock tower.
Excuse me? You do not include Simon Belmont in a game and not include his theme. At the minimum we need Dance of the Holyman in addition to what you mentioned.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Good track! You should mention music, because the Japanese version of the poll mentions that characters mentioned in the polls might get in other ways then being playable characters (like assist trophies.) Maybe we can get a Castlevania stage even if Simon doesn't make it? (As long as Snake or some other Konami rep gets in, obviously.)
Carrie as an AT can be good too. She remains Nintendo exclusive after all! I know there will be problems with rights, but it would be good if the Castlevania 3 remix by The Minibosses would be in. Then again I wished for music like that from Symphonic Legends and we got nothing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Carrie as an AT can be good too. She remains Nintendo exclusive after all! I know there will be problems with rights, but it would be good if the Castlevania 3 remix by The Minibosses would be in. Then again I wished for music like that from Symphonic Legends and we got nothing.
I have a feeling they would use Sypha or Shanoa before Carrie, but I would have no problem with any of them getting in.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Heh, didn't draw the Captain N parallel, well there ya go now we have another reason to get him in.

But seriously though, I'm going to begin making a video tomorrow to try to sell people on the idea of Simon being included, I know this kind of video has been done to death but I'm going to keep trying. I'll show equal support for Shovel Knight as well since I'm indecisive on who I want most, might as well support both to strengthen their chances either one is fine by me.
Well I can't to see it regardless! =D

As for me, I'd like to see someone have a picture of Pit, Mega Man, and silhouette of a Simon with the tagline being "Complete the Captain N Trio! Simon Belmon for SSB4" or something like that. I would put that on my sig for sure.

Ragna22

Smash Ace

As for me, I'd like to see someone have a picture of Pit, Mega Man, and silhouette of a Simon with the tagline being "Complete the Captain N Trio! Simon Belmon for SSB4" or something like that. I would put that on my sig for sure.
Excuse me? You do not include Simon Belmont in a game and not include his theme. At the minimum we need Dance of the Holyman in addition to what you mentioned.

Oh crap you're absolutely right, I REALLY shouldn't have forgotten that.

Ha, you should put Mother Brain in the background of that or something.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Oh crap you're absolutely right, I REALLY shouldn't have forgotten that.

Ha, you should put Mother Brain in the background of that or something.
And if anyone uses Twitter, make sure to tag Konami so that they can see the pic. Maybe I'll try making the pic tomorrow. ;)

Ragna22

Smash Ace
And if anyone uses Twitter, make sure to tag Konami so that they can see the pic. Maybe I'll try making the pic tomorrow. ;)
Good idea. If you do make it tomorrow would you mind if I used it as the thumbnail to the video I'll be making to get more voters?

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Good idea. If you do make it tomorrow would you mind if I used it as the thumbnail to the video I'll be making to get more voters?
Heck yeah you can! =D I was thinking of putting Dracula's Castle from PM as the background and maybe have Mother Brain appear somewhere in the background.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Nice. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the end.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Guys we gotta be spreading the word, as much as I love Castlevania, the series isn't exactly fresh in people's heads at this point in time, if you're going to cintinue voting through other browsers yourself that's fine but god dammit if we want Simon we gotta fight for him.
What can we do?

We gotta make a Twitter hashtag!

What about Facebook? Miiverse?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not my proudest work, but here's a rough draft that I've made. I'm open to suggestions before we should show this Konami on Twitter.
Looks good but what about this NES version of Simon Belmont?

upload_2015-4-4_9-11-9.jpeg

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Count me as a supporter. I don't have much hope for him though. Maybe in Smash 5, particularly if Konami makes more Castlevania on Nintendo systems (and ones that don't suck).

As for music, I'll just leave this here:

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
What can we do?

We gotta make a Twitter hashtag!

What about Facebook? Miiverse?
We must be persistent, drill the idea in people's heads. When I finish my video I'm posting it everywhere, Facebook pages, Twitter pages, maybe a couple of threads here in Smashboards, ect. You also gotta sell the idea, don't just leave it at "Vote for Simon" add stuff like "Complete the Captain N crew." or "Don't you want to see the vampire hunter fight the hero of Hyrule?" or something like that.

Also do it multiple times in the same places, I'm not saying to spam, just, maybe every once or twice a week post something about Simon getting into Smash.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Count me as a supporter. I don't have much hope for him though. Maybe in Smash 5, particularly if Sony makes more Castlevania on Nintendo systems (and ones that don't suck).

Love the music from the Game Boy games, so underated.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Anybody got ideas on what his final smash would be? I was thinking maybe one of the sub weapon supers that Richter uses in Rondo of Blood.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Count me as a supporter. I don't have much hope for him though. Maybe in Smash 5, particularly if Sony makes more Castlevania on Nintendo systems (and ones that don't suck).

Belmont's Revenge is probably they most underrated Casltevania game.

Anybody got ideas on what his final smash would be? I was thinking maybe one of the sub weapon supers that Richter uses in Rondo of Blood.
Stop watch? Or maybe he can power up his whip to the flame whip temporarily.

A Richter-like item crash could also work.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Oh, are we talking about music now? Castlevania has a crapton of good music throughout multiple eras. In the entirety of video game music I've listened to it ranks 3rd, right behind Mega Man with Sonic just beating him out.

Some of my favorites:
Dance With the Clown
Crimson Blood
Invitation of a Crazed Moon(HoD version)
An Empty Tome(HoD version)
Jail of Jewels
The Hidden Curse(PoR version)
Divine Bloodlines(PoR version, Richter boss battle ftw)
In Search of the Secret Spell
Pitch Black Intrusion(DoS version)
Platinum Moonlight
Into the Dark Night(DoS version, but both versions are pretty badass boss themes)
Dracula's Castle(SotN version)
Crystal Teardrops
Wandering Ghosts(jazzy!)
...among many others.

The Grand Cross, otherwise known as the signature technique of the Belmont family.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I made a few adjustments to the pic namely the characters, spacing, and the text. I also added the logos of both companies, if you guys rather not have it, I'll remove it. Otherwise, just give the a-ok so that we can start campaigning with this pic. @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , I'm sorry, but I'm just too much of a fan of the red hair to use the NES design. :( Come to think of it, do we even have a red-head in Smash 4 (palette swaps not withstanding)?

Attachments

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Alright, I made a few adjustments to the pic namely the characters, spacing, and the text. I also added the logos of both companies, if you guys rather not have it, I'll remove it. Otherwise, just give the a-ok so that we can start campaigning with this pic. @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , I'm sorry, but I'm just too much of a fan of the red hair to use the NES design. :( Come to think of it, do we even have a red-head in Smash 4 (palette swaps not withstanding)?
There are no gingers or redheads in Smash ...... other than old man Ganondorf and the long forgotten Roy. :troll:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
There are no gingers or redheads in Smash ...... other than old man Ganondorf and the long forgotten Roy. :troll:
Right, I knew I was forgetting someone (I did say "in Smash 4" so Roy doesn't count. ;) )

Back to the topic at the hand, the faster we can get this campaign rolling, the sooner we might have a better chance of getting Simon in Smash 4.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
My video might be a while. Today was just collecting and making what I want to show like what costume/color ideas I have, what stage could be available, move set ideas, music ideas, ect. Tomorrow I'm going to start making notes on whst I want to talk about in the video so hopefully I can have it uploaded onto Youtube by Wednesday.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
My video might be a while. Today was just collecting and making what I want to show like what costume/color ideas I have, what stage could be available, move set ideas, music ideas, ect. Tomorrow I'm going to start making notes on whst I want to talk about in the video so hopefully I can have it uploaded onto Youtube by Wednesday.
And as for my pic? :)

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Your pic will indeed be used as the thumbnail. It'll also be another way to sell the idea within the video itself.

ZRK

Smash Rookie
Count me in the list of supporters!
Some great movesets in this thread (especially @ Arcadenik Arcadenik 's winged ring and @Super1's---I'm not sure the devs would implement alternative jump physics for a DLC, though)!

I think Castlevania is the most iconic third party franchise on Nintendo systems that has not made it yet in smash! The music, stages and atmosphere would greatly benefit smash.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
My video is going to be a bit delayed due to family related events, so I may not have it up as soon as I wanted to.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Supporting Simon Belmont for Smash on Twitter is actually easier than I expected. I am just retweeting pro-Simon tweets and expressing my desire to play as Simon in Smash.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Supporting Simon Belmont for Smash on Twitter is actually easier than I expected. I am just retweeting pro-Simon tweets and expressing my desire to play as Simon in Smash.
Has Konami caught wind of any of the Simon tweets? Has anyone Tweeted at them? I think they retweeted some of the Snake tweets....

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Hey guys!

It's great to see Simon getting so much love! I just created a thread of an intro movie and an entire moveset I've come up with for Simon in Smash! Here is the link:

http://smashboards.com/threads/sb-for-sb-simon-belmont-for-smash-bros.398440/

I hope you guys don't mind that I started a new thread. I honestly didn't know this thread existed when I created my thread. I've already been posting the link to my thread around the web and to my family so I hope it's okay for Simon to have two threads.

Top Bottom