• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thank you for supporting Simon Belmont: Castlevania's Original Vampire Hunting Hero!

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Today is the last day to vote for Simon Belmont. I think we ought to get more votes... I'm getting on Twitter to urge people to vote for Simon Belmont. Are any of you members on any Castlevania forums or communities? Think you can get some more votes from them?

Edit: I just cast another vote for Simon. This is what I wrote:
I might have mentioned this already, but just take a look a number of Castle games on the Wii U eshop and the 3DS eshop. It would benefit Konami to have Simon Belmont in Smash 4 so that people who have never played a Castlevania game can get them on the Wii U or 3DS. I don't care if it even means having Snake back as well.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I might have mentioned this already, but just take a look a number of Castle games on the Wii U eshop and the 3DS eshop. It would benefit Konami to have Simon Belmont in Smash 4 so that people who have never played a Castlevania game can get them on the Wii U or 3DS. I don't care if it even means having Snake back as well.
Good idea... we should vote more and mention those classic games on the eShop as part of our reasoning.

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
I'm going to post on Twitter and Facebook as well. I'll mention the Wii U and Eshop games. I have thought of a new game mechanic for Simon. It's in my signature. Let me know what you think.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to post on Twitter and Facebook as well. I'll mention the Wii U and Eshop games. I have thought of a new game mechanic for Simon. It's in my signature. Let me know what you think.
Be sure to tag Konami, both it's American division and it's main division in Japan. And if possible, try to tag Castlevania's creator or the company he is in now as well.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Man, I really want Simon in Smash so bad.

I love that there are many Castlevania games available on the eShop. Many more people ought to play these masterpieces. I think Simon in Smash would be a good way to expose new fans to the Castlevania franchise and lead them to the eShop. I just love the franchise and I believe it deserves to be represented and honored in Smash with a fighter, a stage, and some Mii costumes.

D

Deleted member

Well guys, the Ballot is over.
As the owner of the Simon thread, i feel it's my duty to make a ballot close-up post.
It's not the end of DLC yet, but the end of the Ballot means that we are most likely going to see the last DLC characters sooner or later.

First up, i want to say thank you to Neo Zero for giving me ownership of this thread. If you are reading this, then i just want to tell you that Castlevania and Simon Belmont mean a lot to me.

Out of all the characters i supported, Simon was the one in which i felt i did in my own. I didn't started as a bandwagoner nor anything like that. My support for him was always of true blood. I researched, i looked and played all the Castlevania related games i could get to have a better grasp of the Castlevania Series as a whole. I made tons of concepts and ideas for him that i never showed and that unfortunalety, it seems that i can't show them.

Despite the fact that we are a small support team and the fate of the Castlevania series is bleak thanks to Konami beign Konami, i still want to tell you that no matter what the harships come, don't stop dreaming of Simon Belmont joining the Battle. Don't expect him, but don't stop dreaming either.

If i return of Smash 5/6 speculation, one of my first priorities is build a more powerfull fanbase for Simon.
I can't make promises, but that's what i want to do if i come back for it. While i still want Isaac and K.Rool, Simon will always be my dreampick.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
Dora the Explorer is the owner of the Simon thread? :p

In all seriousness, thank you Speedwagon for taking responsibility for this thread and for your contributions. I admire that you researched and played as many Castlevania games as you could. I would have loved to have seen your concepts and ideas for Simon. Mine are on the page linked in my signature.

The Castlevania IV: OST Ending song you posted was a beautiful choice. I listened to the whole thing when I read your post. It really tugged at my heart strings.

Simon would really be the crowning jewel for Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. The perfect Konami rep, with a great Nintendo legacy and fanbase. Masahiro Sakurai and team will have then created a game, a beyond amazing game, that contains reps from what I see as the big main classic Japanese video game companies: Nintendo, Capcom, Namco, Sega and Konami. Oh man... just beautiful.

Simon would be a truly amazing character. A primary whip user. We don't have anything like that. Sub weapons that if they use this idea, could be limited. So perhaps two uses of each per stock. But! If you land three consecutive hits with melee attacks the opponent drops a heart which if you claim before it vanishes you can regain one use of all three items. What a unique mechanic! The opponent will be trying to guard the heart and you can play mind games pretending to go for it. Then there is his stage which has the potential to be monstrously awesome! The music...

It's a beautiful dream. Let's hope it comes true.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I may not have been on this topic, but my heart has been with you all along.
I voted Simon from the bottom of my heart.
Having him IN would reunite the ENTIRE dreamteam of the well-known NES and retro video-games characters...
If only Sakurai could offer a tribute to Kojima since things went bad for him and add Simon... it would be great...

And damn ! As we all know he's REALLY fully lending him to Smash, the moveset is already found, exclusive whip user...
And as alts... Richter, Julius, Juste, Trevor, Leon, Christopher, and perhaps Jonathan Morris, since he managed to even wield the Vampire Killer himself...

Even if Simon is not announced, he will be in our hearts.
For our love of the Castlevania franchise.
AH, now I remember when I finished Order Of Ecclesia, Circle Of The Moon, some weeks ago...
There's so much Castlevania games. That's what will make me smile anyways. ^^

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I cast a last-minute vote for Simon...

Castlevania got its start on the NES and it had many games on the SNES, N64, GB, GBA, DS, and 3DS. It is clear Castlevania has a long history with Nintendo and I feel it warrants a fighter, namely Simon Belmont. The original Vampire Killer would be very unique which he fights only with his 8 directional whip and he supplements his moves with sub-weapons, double/triple shots, Dracula's parts, and Item Crashes. It also would be wonderful to hear haunting music in the spooky yet epic Castlevania stage. It also woud be nice to have Mii costumes based on classic Castlevania characters.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hey this is the Day 0 of the Ballot but I wanna join to the supporters
Belmont it's a good character with a good legacy!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What I hope for... in case Simon does not get in... is that we keep this thread alive for the next five years. I hope to get this thread to at least 100 pages by the time SSB5 is announced... I hope we can turn this thread into a general discussion thread about everything Konami and Castlevania... just like how the K. Rool thread seems more like a general thread about everything Donkey Kong Country and Retro Studios and Rare.

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Let's dive into (my) childhood guys...

> Vampire Killer <
Beginning
> Simon's Theme <
> Divine Bloodlines <
> Awake <
> Heart Of Fire <
Slash

And of course...

=> BLOODY TEARS <=

This topic WILL live even until Smash 9, if it takes this time to have Simon announced.
But with this ton of awesome OSTs, Sakurai will not stay deaf. He knows that if he could set Snake in, Simon IS even more possible to have.

After all, what is a smash ? A miserable little pile of characters !
BUT ENOUGH TALK
HAVE SIMON !

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Guys the Ballot haven't closed yet
It is closed now.

I hope our votes will be enough to get Nintendo's and Konami's attention. But we cannot stop now just because the ballot ended. We need to continue the support till Simon becomes one of the most wanted third-party characters for SSB5.

We saw how loud the support was for Sonic and he got in Brawl... Mega Man support was starting to pick up steam after Brawl and it continued going till he got in SSB4... let's do it for Simon!

Remember, when we get Simon, we get way more than that... we get our Castlevania stage with legendary music... we get Assist Trophies (maybe Dracula teleporting around and shooting fireballs from his cape like in the first NES game)... we get Mii costumes (maybe Richter Belmont, Alucard, Soma Cruz, Trevor Belmont, Kid Dracula)... we get Smash Run enemies (Medusa Heads definitely)... and we get to pretend we are playing a Metroidvania game with Simon in Smash Run. Is that what we want?

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Madea thread about Castlevania as a whole yesterday only cause I had some how missed this one. Gah sorry about that.
In any case like I said in my thread there is no reason I can think of for a game series with so many games on nintendo systems to be so left out in the cold. My only argumen against wanting Simon himself in the game is that Simon wasn't the only main whip wielding hero. sure he was the hero of the first game and was a repeat hero and cameo character in other games, but there are so many other Belmonts and Vampire hunters who had just as much of an impact. Ya got richter belmont who set off Dracula X and the games following, ya got Julius belmont who was the oen who destroyed Dracula [sorta he was almost instantly reborn as Soma cruz. Which is kinda funny if ya think about it.] then ya got the non Belmont heroes who kicked Azz like Nathan graves and Johnathan morris.

Its just such a disapointment to see such an awesome long running series get so littel recognition when characters who vanished for years only to recently return get added to the game. [Im looking at YOU Pit.] Or characters who had a single game countless years ago and some how kept comming back. [Ice climbers.. ya know they will be back some how.. cause.. they are evil.]

as for the commen on the front page, Alucard is to simon as Zero is to megaman?
both Alucard and Zero where CREATED to be the next stars of their series. Zero was supposed to be the hero of the X series and Megaman Zero was when he was finally given that chance to shine. Alucard's Symphony debut was litterally showing him triumphing over the belmont to take over the series. Only.. it didn't happen.
While people liked Alucard, they wanted to play a belmont.
While Zero was awesome, people were attached to Megaman and X had to be made pushing the original intended hero to the sidelines.
While both characters got plenty of chances to shine later on, the focus on past heroes always kept thier characters down. Sure characters Like Soma, Shanoa, and Even Johnathan gave you the option to play as the Alucard style, in the end all three of them had Belmont syndrome in thier story lines. [Soma with Julius, shanoa with a town of Belmont decendents, And john's most power ful weapon in the end being Vampire killer if I remember right.]

sorry for the mini rant above just now.. im just so frustrated to see a series with so many games that I have followed for so much of my life time, get shoved aside as if it never really mattered at all. Despite all the Belmonts and the rest did to help out Nintendo.... they get shoved aside for some random angel dude who came out of nowhere or a character from an ADULT series that [as awesome as he is] really doesn't belong around characters like Mario and Link. {sorry Snake your awesome and a lot of fun to play but.. you make no sense in that cast of people. >_> <_< though firing rockets at pikachu is alot of fun so id be ok with him being DLC obviously.}

Last edited:

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
It is closed now.

I hope our votes will be enough to get Nintendo's and Konami's attention. But we cannot stop now just because the ballot ended. We need to continue the support till Simon becomes one of the most wanted third-party characters for SSB5.

We saw how loud the support was for Sonic and he got in Brawl... Mega Man support was starting to pick up steam after Brawl and it continued going till he got in SSB4... let's do it for Simon!

Remember, when we get Simon, we get way more than that... we get our Castlevania stage with legendary music... we get Assist Trophies (maybe Dracula teleporting around and shooting fireballs from his cape like in the first NES game)... we get Mii costumes (maybe Richter Belmont, Alucard, Soma Cruz, Trevor Belmont, Kid Dracula)... we get Smash Run enemies (Medusa Heads definitely)... and we get to pretend we are playing a Metroidvania game with Simon in Smash Run. Is that what we want?
https://youtu.be/hjX3RIuHGlk?t=2

But I already made my opinion about him in Smash.
I know that people there have been considering him in every way possible before me but, I want to bring my part of work to the building.

Stage : https://youtu.be/w3u1d2wD63I?t=186
And we got Dracula as hazard.

I would see Alucard as an assist trophy, first because of his fanbase, and also since he could be maybe a bit like the Prince Of Sablé, by transforming himself into a bat, and a wolf, or poison mist, but as he appears, one transformation is done. Not one by one, like the Prince's pattern.

And as mii costumes, Yoko Belnades, Soma Cruz, Kid Dracula, Charlotte Aulin, Shanoa... that'd be great...

Guys, it is awesome to consider that we got EVERYTHING.

We got a fighter : Simon.
We got his skins : Richter, Trevor, Julius, Christopher, Juste, Leon, Jonathan.
We got his moveset.
We got a stage : Dracula's Castle.
We got a hazard boss.
We got OSTs : Tons of.
We got Assist Trophy : Alucard.
We got Mii Costumes : Soma, Yoko, Shanoa, Charlotte, Kid Dracula...
We got his Final Smash : I just thought about it. And, by considering Ryu has two, why couldn't he have more than one too ?
We even got his win music GODDAMN. : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4_5mAXRRg&list=PL79DA330B8AE4C836&index=12
We got the logo of Castlevania, it could be the castle at the title screen of Aria Of Sorrow surrounded with bats, in, without Castlevania wrote on instead, and the moon behind ofc.
We got everything.

If we consider his specials's moveset like this :

B : Axe. He throws it in a arc like in every Castlevania game.
B Side : Holy Crucifix. He can either throw it without it coming back (like in Order Of Shadows) or bringing it back by holding the button.
B Up : Vampire Killer Special Attack (from Portrait Of Ruin but here, it'll be toward the ledge ofc) that can help Simon to grab the ledge from a good distance.
B Down : Holy Water. Explodes and fires an area by dealing damages like Ness's PK Fire but the flames are tinier and cover a large zone.

Final Smash : Item Crush. And you see what I mean. Depends on the last object used.
If Axe : https://youtu.be/NmNYEmfv92o?t=6
Like this, but at the start, axes will go in front of Simon like it does at the beginning of here, Richter's item crush, but further, and then, they'll go back to Simon, bringing the fighters, and they'll almost explode by going very fast and pushing the fighters at the four corners of the stage, something like this.

If Holy Water : A really beautiful rain of holy water is summoned on the stage and could maybe end with a lighting strike form heavens ?

If Holy Crucifix : Grand Cross. Of COURSE. Deals the best amount of damage among the others final Smashes, as with the Vampire Killer Final Smash.

And what about it, you may ask ?
Simon's whip becomes deadlier and now deals damage in a better range.
I thought of it like that :
At each hit, the whip could change elements like it does in circle of the moon.

Jab : Fire. He deals a punch, then a kick, and a whip hit. If the button is held, the whip will goes as it goes when you hold the attack button with Nathan, it'll go spinning around very fast. But the duration cannot be held very long since it'll cover a large area.
First hit : 2%
Second hit : 5%
Last hit : 7%

Forward tilt : Ice. Fair range, a bit of startup but deals a blow that freezes the ennemy. 6%
Down tilt : Earth. Simon whips the Earth and then in front of him quickly, allowing him to make jump his ennemis with the first hit as if they were hit by a POW block. It'll send them up Simon at the second hit. 3 and 9%
Up tilt : Grass. Good range, brings ennemies at Simon, allows follow-ups. 5%
Nair : Lighting. Extremly fast and deals 12%, and paralyzies the ennemy.
Fair : Holy. Fast and deals 10%. Describes and arc in front of Simon, sweetspot at end.
Bair : Dark. Slow but deals 20%. Circle hit but described by a whip hit that'll go from front of Simon, to quickly behind him, dealing damage during the entire movement. Sweetspot at end, ofc.
Dair : Poison. Deals 5%, and the ennemy will be consumed by poison during 15 seconds, 2%/hit. Obviously, Simon whips down him and sweetspot at the end of the whip that'll meteor.
Uair : Stone. It will freeze in air the opponent like Ryu's focus attack does when she hits a midair ennemy, then send them flying, deals 17%. Straight up him.

Grab : Simon throws the whip and circles the ennemy with it while bringing him back at the same time.

Forward throw : He fires his whip while unwinding the ennemy, 1% for each second he burns for a 6% total, then deals a forward ice hit of 4%.
Up throw : He unwinds the whip in order to throw the ennemy in the air with a dark whip hit of 7%, then deals a holy whip blow of 8%. Killing throw.
Down throw : He whips a bit weakly two times with the poison whip, dealing 3% at each hit, then he deals a great stone whip blow that damages 6%.

Forward Smash : Ice & Fire at the same time. No charged : 15%. Mid charged : 20% Full charged : 25%.
Extrrremly good range, it would go almost at the half of Final Destination if full charged, but in a simple line.

Down Smash : Earth & Grass. Simon lands a single but fast spinning whip-hit, which will touch ennemies on the ground and midair ennemies as well.
Deals 22% if not charged, 25% if half, and 28% if full.

Up Smash : Holy & Dark, idem, deals 30% full charged, 25 if not, and 27 if half.
It'll go this way : Like Jonathan's diagonal down-right attack in midair but there it'd go from left to diagonal up-right, and then go back up Simon, but straight up. It's like he tries to get the strength of the great movement he does in order to get the whip straight up with more strength. I know, it's not well explained...

All of this moveset applies for the Whip Special, UpB there, Final Smash, keep that in mind.

Let's get his taunts :

Up taunt : Simon Stands like this, with wind effect : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dauRYb9il8
Side taunt : He deals a strong whip hit and then strains his whip.
Down taunt : He whips fast two times, then stands almost like DIO there : https://youtu.be/1VMFieC4N1o?t=4
(The idea is to have him pointing at someone with his finger. )

GUYS HE FITS SO PERFECTLY. HOW IS THAT WE CAN'T HAVING KICKING THE ASS OF MARIO AND ALL OF THE NES DREAMTEAM ?

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I really hope Simon Belmont got enough votes to be considered for this game.

Last edited:

Robi-Wan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Freed0m8
I sincerely hope so as well. He would make the perfect E3 hype reveal. Hopefully not leaked like Ryu was but meh I was still hyped like heck!

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Simon Belmont is just like Mega Man, being connected to Nintendo through out the years, i'll scream if they announced him

Btw, any ideas on the next update?

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Castlevania is one of those games so iconic that it's strange that it hasn't appeared in Smash Bros yet. Smash Bros needs some Castlevania content, and Simon would be perfect for the roster. Of course, it's no secret I do want Snake in first, but I'd be overjoyed to have the two join in together.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of annoyed that Snake got a free pass just because Sakurai and Kojima are buddies, while Konami and Hudson IPs that are more popular with the Nintendo audience gets ignored. Sure it'd be ideal to have Snake and Simon or Bomberman, but I don't want to get my hopes up. :(

Seoxys

Smash Apprentice
Guys. I even thought up for punchlines if Simon were to be revealed, and for other Belmonts too.

Simon Belmont
WHIPS IN THE FIGHT !

Richter Belmont
SLASHES IN !

Julius Belmont
FIRES THE HEARTS !

Trevor Belmont
BEGINS THE END !

Leon Belmont
KILLS THE NIGHT !

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Someone made a beautiful Castlevia fan art deviantart.
And to think something like this could have been used as a splash art for Simon. *sobs quietly*

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm kind of annoyed that Snake got a free pass just because Sakurai and Kojima are buddies, while Konami and Hudson IPs that are more popular with the Nintendo audience gets ignored. Sure it'd be ideal to have Snake and Simon or Bomberman, but I don't want to get my hopes up. :(
Sort of in sense. But even then Snake was considered even during the development of Melee.

But considering Capcom got two fighters in, Konami would have easily brought it two the best into Smash. But that's not gonna happen in a LONG while

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really wish that Castlevania 64 and Legacy of Darkness would come out on Wii U Virtual Console. I remember playing both games all the time when I was in high school.

D

Deleted member

I suppose that since we are approaching oct. 31 (which is when spoopy stuff happens), it only makes sense to post Castlevania related things here:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Top Bottom