• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tha Shrimp 004- Results

D

Deleted member

Melee Singles bracket.png

Videos at: http://www.twitch.tv/louisiana_melee/profile/pastBroadcasts

Melee Teams

1: TaylorHJ and Tim
2: Rice and Zone
3: Austin and Griff
4: Freddy and Avery
5: Ram and Eric
5: Dope and Grace
7: James and Jnig
7: Vaughn and Jake
9: Mikey and Wafer
9: Tachyon and Andrew
9: Young Dylan and Diego
9: Kenny and Xin
13: Jon and Kaleb
13: Anthony and Tha Boss
13: Manko and Graham
13: DF and RJ
17: Quin and Hunter
17: Sean and Logan

Melee Singles

1: Rice
2: TaylorHJ
3: Dope
4: Tim
5: freddy
5: austin
7: Avery
7: brandon
9: Citrus
9: Zone
9: young dylan
9: JNIG
13: Jake
13: Mankosuki
13: Ram
13: eric
17: Xin
17: griff
17: tachyon
17: earwax
17: Kenny
17: Mikey
17: jon
17: RJ
25: Graham
25: Tha Boss
25: Vaughn
25: Anthony
25: Wafer
25: quin
25: sean
25: Glitch
33: Trey
33: Diego
33: hunter
33: Kaleb
33: Logan
33: grace
33: ira

PM Teams

1: Dope and TaylorHJ
2: griff and austin
3: Tiptoe in the Bedroom (JNig and James)
4: DF and RJ
5: Nothin but a knee thing (Graham and ricky)
5: blake and H
7: I thought this was melee (eric and freddy)
7: Fickle Potheads (vaughn and sudai)
9: Jon and Kaleb
9: ira and dark
9: Egg to Tipper (Anthony and Derrick)
9: Team Florida (Ram and Mankosuki)
13: squall and smurf
13: ProNoobs: The PN of PM (dylan and grace)
13: Tachyon and Andrew
13: hunter and quin

PM Singles

1: Dope ($3.50)
2: DF ($1.00)
3: TaylorHJ ($0.50)
4: Ram
5: Avery
5: austin
7: Graham
7: Mankosuki
9: magi_
9: sudai
9: earwax
9: VforEXTREMEEEEE
13: eric
13: JNIG
13: freddy
13: RJ
17: Anthony
17: griff
17: ira
17: rekanz
17: dark
17: Ricky
17: young dylan
17: H
25: grace
25: Rex
25: Trey
25: jon
25: Squall
25: hunter
25: quin
25: blake
33: Citrus

Last edited by a moderator:

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Always love visiting Louisiana. Thanks for the awesome tourney and housing Taylor!

D

Deleted member

np man. hope it was enjoyable. im really sorry about the AL guys playing FL guys right away. i wasnt away that yall are the only people they get to play, and not being that far, do so regularly. i definitely would have seeded them as florida and it probably would have been better for everyone. sorry :(

Griffard

Smash Ace
New Orleans played New Orleans really early too. I had my teammate for both games in my second round for Melee. Juss sayin'.

Hype event tho, tons of fun. Most everyone was rad, shoutouts to those I played/met/blazed down with

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for everything Mr.HJ. Don't worry about the seeding man, I can never pass up playing the Florida guys anyways :) Hope to come back soon. Shout outs to everyone

D

Deleted member

New Orleans played New Orleans really early too. I had my teammate for both games in my second round for Melee. Juss sayin'.

Hype event tho, tons of fun. Most everyone was rad, shoutouts to those I played/met/blazed down with
thats a little different though. the only examples of anyone from nola playing each other are that one and zach playing avery. basically because of skill seeding that will happen from time to time. but i completely didnt seed AL away from FL. meh.

Pritch

Smash Lord
I wish I hadn't had to work. Was totally not worth it. To the degree that once mardi gras is over I'm probably looking for a new job. When I'm making less during the theoretical height of the season than I would on a random night in january at my last job there is something very wrong.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Thanks for housing us and hosting Taylor, was my second tournament (First real deal tourney, the one Satuday in Mobile was nowhere near as High level as this one) and a really cool experience, had a great time. Some really good players in LA, was fun watching them and playing a few of them!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

np man. glad you enjoyed yourself. maybe i can convince everyone to come back during the summer

D

Deleted member

rice is good. never taken a tournament set off him.

Griffard

Smash Ace
IMO you set yourself for it a bit mentally, you thought you didn't have a chance- kept saying out loud "I'm getting *****" and stuff like that. BUT Rice is also absolutely beast.

no offense hopefully, just something me and some other no players noticed watching the set

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i agree. its hard for me either way. when i go into games "expecting" to win (despite whether i do or i dont "actually" think im better, im going in with utmost confidence), and i make the slightest mistake and fall behind i get really stressed about the expectation for me to win, made by myself and most people watching. i may play better if im relaxed, relatively expecting the loss but playing my heart out anyway. idk, but ive been trying to play the same game in tournament that i play in friendlies for a long time and it's really hard for me. i feel like most players play better in tournament, but i lose to lee and dope sometimes, while i crush them in friendlies. (along with many other OOS players)

Griffard

Smash Ace
Yeah it's definitely hard to combat the stress of tournament jitters. I've been steadily getting better at beating the high-stakes anxiety lately (those MMs tho). Gotta say, you probably won't get better at separating friendlies from tournament play if you never go to tournaments not in your house/city

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Mann the salt was too much to bear. Both people I lost to went to game 3 last stock and I had the percent advantage and then I mom's spaghetti'd all over the place. First time playing Jnig and I have to say I was honestly surprised (didn't expect him to be pretty good). He plays pretty smart and gets a lot of grabs, which I started to figure out game 2. Wonder if I should have stayed falco game 3. James got better, still should've had game 3 after you missed that rest tho. Good stuff everyone.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
no worries on the seeding. It's just a weird thing with me and Wafe where we always fight each other first round at tournaments. Weirder still, I've almost never fought his teammate Mikey at any point in tourney. I mentioned to Wafe that from now on he should just register himself as Pensacola if he and Mikey are the only AL around.

RAM

Smash Lord
Taylor you're awesome and Fl really appreciated the housing, I wish I could have stayed just to chill after the tourney but work is meh. Maybe me and some FL peeps can come down randomly for a weekend for a lil smash camp, All and all I gave out salty snacks to everyone and I had a great time talking s*** but not being serious just clowning around, so I'll def look forward to any other tournies my home state is throwing, shoutouts later.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Funnnn tourny!! Very chill lotsa good peeps and good times!

Shoutouts to taylor and your wonderful lady yall got **** done RESULTS!! LOL!!

I wanted to play more i was exhausted like Ram said two whole days of smash is like ughhhhhh lmaooo

Cant wait fer the next one!!! GGS ALL!!

Ughhhh i hate rob...lmaoo <3 DF ^^

Zone

Smash Champion
i agree. its hard for me either way. when i go into games "expecting" to win (despite whether i do or i dont "actually" think im better, im going in with utmost confidence), and i make the slightest mistake and fall behind i get really stressed about the expectation for me to win, made by myself and most people watching. i may play better if im relaxed, relatively expecting the loss but playing my heart out anyway. idk, but ive been trying to play the same game in tournament that i play in friendlies for a long time and it's really hard for me. i feel like most players play better in tournament, but i lose to lee and dope sometimes, while i crush them in friendlies. (along with many other OOS players)
I fall into this same mentality lol. I play harder and smarter vs Rice, because I expect to get destroyed. when I fight Ragnarok, I feel like I can beat him but when something slips, I start over thinking, and I get a little nervous.

anyways, 4 hours wasn't that bad of a Drive, I'd like to come back again some time :D

I went all Falcon in singles to try and improve him. I'd like to play the Fox that knocked me into losers. He was so campy, I wasn't use to that, and would like to learn how to deal with it better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom