• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGMTSBCO Zone's Money Matches.

Zone

Smash Champion
Zone vs Iori

Round 1
Round 2

Zone vs Eggz

Round 1
Round2

If you want to critique I'd appreciate it. Like if you believe I had better options than what I chose please share them. Also Any din's fire you see was a mistake >.> Except for one of them on poke'mon stadium, it was kinda intentional but didn't work out as planned lol :laugh:

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You have a really good Zelda @_@

I dunno... when you were edgeguarding, I think you could've replaced the Nayru's Love with the dsmash... it has more knockback and is faster... better trajectory too.

Ummm... and replace some of the aerial Nayru's Loves with nairs, at least at low percentages... the Nayru's Love doesn't have enough knockback to cover for its lag, so the L-canceled nair might help more.

Yeah, that's about all I have for you... although... I noticed most of the times when you died, you missed the DI... especially when you recover onto the stage with Farore's Wind, you should know that the usmash is coming.

Oh and... maybe recover a little lower with the Farore's Wind.

Zone

Smash Champion
You have a really good Zelda @_@

I dunno... when you were edgeguarding, I think you could've replaced the Nayru's Love with the dsmash... it has more knockback and is faster... better trajectory too.

Ummm... and replace some of the aerial Nayru's Loves with nairs, at least at low percentages... the Nayru's Love doesn't have enough knockback to cover for its lag, so the L-canceled nair might help more.

Yeah, that's about all I have for you... although... I noticed most of the times when you died, you missed the DI... especially when you recover onto the stage with Farore's Wind, you should know that the usmash is coming.

Oh and... maybe recover a little lower with the Farore's Wind.
Yea about the Naryu's love. I normally do downsmash vs illusions for the edge. I dunno I tend to get fired by fox when He up-B's toward me from below and I try to down smash. So I played it safe and went for nayru's. And I spammed it when he was recovering waiting for him to be in a decent spot to kick. I was playing kind of like marth with the edgeguarding. Marth's Counter sends fox back out, so does naryu's. Then Marth proceeds off stage for a gimp, Which I tried with a kick. But if he went really low to try and sweet spot vs my not so low nayru's love attack, I'd just grab the edge >.>.

I thought the last parts of nayru's love always protected you with enough knockback. But I could be wrong I'll have to test it. Could you tell me exactly what seconds of me doing nayru's love in the air you were referring to? ^^

I will try harder thinking about recovering vs a fox holding the edge. I should be more aware that he can chase me onto the stage and upsmash me easily with his speed. If you noticed, I never use Nayru's love on someone's shield. I do it as a approach counter, and as a counter out of shield, and use it for a bit of edgeguarding that's about it. Because I do know all about being punished for using the move O.o

EDIT: Also I haven't mastered it, but if angled correctly hitting the edge with up+B can end the length of it early and have you standing on the edge. (This is below the stage heading diagnally up. ) Of course this leaves you standing right there at the edge. But I guess it's better than falling for 3 seconds.

Good Work.
Thanks ^^; I've come a long way from originally being ***** by foxes, to putting up a decent resistance.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Iori 1

0:14 air, not punished
0:25 air, punished
0:46 reflect, not punished
3:00 reflect, not punished

Iori 2

0:56 air, punished
2:48 ground, not punished
3:37 reflect, not punished

Eggz 1

0:18 ground, punished
1:05 edgeguard, not punished
1:15 edgeguard, not punished
1:16 edgeguard, not punished
1:17 edgeguard, not punished
1:30 ground, not punished
2:10 ground, punished
2:22 ground, punished
2:44 air, not punished

Eggz 2

0:56 edgeguard, not punished
0:57 edgeguard, not punished
1:01 edgeguard, not punished
1:06 edgeguard, not punished
1:12 edgeguard, punished
2:48 air, punished
2:49 air, not punished
3:00 edgeguard, not punished

Meaning out of eleven offensive Nayru's Loves (not including edgeguards, those are pretty hard to punish) six of them were punished.

Three of six aerial ones were punished and three of five ground ones were punished.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I thought we had a mm arranged, why didn't you come hunt me down lol? If it was the first day though I wasn't doin anything since my controller was broken but the second day I had mm a few people. Anyways your Zelda is kick *** I like how you don't spam f/bair with her and you use her whole arsenal of moves.

Zone

Smash Champion
I thought we had a mm arranged, why didn't you come hunt me down lol? If it was the first day though I wasn't doin anything since my controller was broken but the second day I had mm a few people. Anyways your Zelda is kick *** I like how you don't spam f/bair with her and you use her whole arsenal of moves.
lol I did try, Someone walked by me going "I saw the most technical fox i've ever seen" then I was like "Was his name black panther?" and he goes "Yeah," "Where is he?" "He's behind those mobs of people, he's a black dude." We were in Georgia, The tournament was like 50% black people lol. I did only spend like 15 mins trying to figure out which one you were.

Appreciate your input ^^d and yeah I don't believe using only f-air and b-air is the key to victory>.>; but yeah alot of people picking up zelda just spam that, and some people believe that's her only good move.

Iori 1

0:25 air, punished
Yeah that was just an error on my part not only did I not reflect the ball cuz I was too high, That leaves no projectile in his way to stall time so yea I got punished. I don't spam using it in the air enough for people to try and bait me to do nayru's love.

Iori 2

0:56 air, punished
Yea no excuses there, that was just plain dumb. I don't know what I was thinking. Guess I believed he was going to charge at me right when I did it. Even then it wasn't a safe option unless it's readily really apparent you'll counter their assault.

Eggz 1

0:18 ground, punished
2:10 ground, punished
2:22 ground, punished
@:18 This must be the example you ment by they can punish you even after all the hits. Interesting. I'll keep that in mind atleast in the fox match up. I got omega punished for that one.

@2:10 Just simply a miscalculation on where he would be after he hit my shield.

2:22 I believe I had time to shield. I was walking away. I believe I was trying to dash away but hit left to early, which proceeded to force me to walk.

Eggz 2
1:12 edgeguard, punished
2:48 air, punished
QUOTE]

@1:12 I think the Trade off was fair, but I hit the move late or something For use to trade hits like that.

@2:48 I don't really consider that a punishment. You can pull a 2nd one out pretty fast after a trade hit stun like what happened. I think it was a worthy fair trade. I don't mind the few % to throw off the fox's flow of pressure on me.

The one at @18 was your prime example. I'll be sure to avoid doing that out of shield so early. I took a good 70% or something like that for that.

Besides that single one, I don't really think the rest of them were that bad besides the dumb one I threw out randomly vs Iori's dash dancing. Thanks for the nayru's love tips, I'll certainly be a little more careful with the move.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, to be honest there were a lot fewer mistakes there than I had originally thought and I felt kinda dumb counting through them. But... might just be me getting punished a lot for using that move.

TheLake

Smash Master
Zone seems to have a good understanding of when to use nyarus love. The outsides the deadliest part and has the most knockback frames and he seems to understand the timing very well.

If timed correctly I prefer nyarus love to edgeguard spacies (heck you can actually gimp falcos somtimes) so I thought it was used very well.

I actually experimented that if you short hop then use nyarus love immediatly as you leave the ground itll catch your opponet and has more guaranteed knockback (And does more damage...I think). Just throwing that out there if anyone knows more about this let me know yah?

Amazing job against eggz btw. Like "OMG" amazing.

Zone

Smash Champion
Zone seems to have a good understanding of when to use nyarus love. The outsides the deadliest part and has the most knockback frames and he seems to understand the timing very well.

If timed correctly I prefer nyarus love to edgeguard spacies (heck you can actually gimp falcos somtimes) so I thought it was used very well.

I actually experimented that if you short hop then use nyarus love immediatly as you leave the ground itll catch your opponet and has more guaranteed knockback (And does more damage...I think). Just throwing that out there if anyone knows more about this let me know yah?

Amazing job against eggz btw. Like "OMG" amazing.
hehe thank ^^

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Why haven´t I still replied to this? I watched these matches nearly immediatly after you put this threat up, but forgot to reply. Now I don´t remember any details, only that your Zelda was insane and that you still lost money :urg:

But seriously, great job.

Top Bottom