• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFOB II (P:M and Melee) - July 20th, 2013 - Mishawaka, IN

KishSquared

Smash Master
So again... why aren't you coming!?

Also, I see no reason to ignore the 2.6 release today. I'm planning to download it and give it a test-run, see if it changes anything with the ruleset. Let's see if MK has been curbed.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Hi OS!

Yeah there are a few people confirmed via Facebook. Smashboards is so 2007.

JTsm

Smash Master
OS is in KY because there's a PM tourney there.

I know a few OH peeps are going to said PM tourney.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I WILL ACCEPT AS OVERSWARM'S PROXY AND DEFEND HIS HONOR.

If that's an option.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Oh, gotcha. He'll just have to come to our next one.

Prime and I spoke over lunch and I think we'll stick with 2.5. We're less concerned about any imbalances and more concerned about changes to characters that people may first experience in tourney play. Next tournament will definitely be 2.6.

So speaking of this, is anyone planning on bringing a P:M setup? Prime and I each have one, but so far those are the only confirmations.

EDIT: Tim, where is your avatar? Did you lose an Eternal Avatar Match??

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I don't know if there's a PM tourney here this weekend or not, I typically don't go to any tournaments anymore. Just waiting for smash 4. Did my thing in Melee and Brawl and while PM is fun I'm not interested in really practicing it. Plus I have real world stuff taking up my time now >_>

KishSquared

Smash Master
I hear you - I've been mostly removed from the Smash scene for the past 3 years. P:M excites me and I'm having fun with it, but I'm definitely not practicing :(

Traveling is rough on the family so I figure I'll just start hosting tournaments again. If you ever want to venture up this way for a tourney, my couch is yours for the crashing. I'm hoping in the next few years that I'll be entering doubles tournaments with my son - should be good times!

Sorry Tim.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I hear you - I've been mostly removed from the Smash scene for the past 3 years. P:M excites me and I'm having fun with it, but I'm definitely not practicing :(

Traveling is rough on the family so I figure I'll just start hosting tournaments again. If you ever want to venture up this way for a tourney, my couch is yours for the crashing. I'm hoping in the next few years that I'll be entering doubles tournaments with my son - should be good times!

Sorry Tim.

I'll probably make a trip up there sometime after Smash 4. I plan on that being my "last hurrah" so I'll probably practice before I have kids and whatnot now.

To give you an update on old cincy: Sliq now lives in Texas, Kel and I both have big boy jobs, I have a house and am engaged to be married in April, and I have a dachshund puppy named Lucca.

Kel and I don't really play much smash anymore, but both are anticipating Smash 4 to be fun.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Kel and I don't really play much smash anymore, but both are anticipating Smash 4 to be fun.

Average Brawl Flameouts = 3 years
Average Melee Flameouts = 8 years

:)

Never gets old. Also, I remember chatting with you back at the FC time about how things are going. I wish I could find a big boy job. :(

Joshu

BRoomer
BRoomer
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT MRS OVERSWARM!?
Congrats!
I like to think you both get together and rationally ban things for romantic evenings.

Scythe, this will be the biggest True Flame of Bowser II tournament to date.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Average Brawl Flameouts = 3 years
Average Melee Flameouts = 8 years

:)

Never gets old. Also, I remember chatting with you back at the FC time about how things are going. I wish I could find a big boy job. :(

I just had to say "not teaching!" and then work in a University for IT.

I played Melee and Brawl for about the same time period; I'd have played Brawl longer if I was younger, but the whole "adult" thing hurt it.

With Melee it was all practice for Brawl. For Brawl it was about money. Once I started getting paychecks, money was meh and I'd already won enough to where I didn't feel the need to prove myself... so while I still have fun playing the game the "drive" was gone. :(

It'll come back in Smash 4 though, I miss competition.

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Nooooo Iron Squid! Hopefully a miracle happens and Santa Claus jumps out at you on a street corner and stuffs your pockets with cash. Or maybe that's the BK King. Either way.
It wasn't the King, but my mom saved the day. Unless the car explodes or we drop dead, the Metal Xecutioner and I should be there again this year.

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Whats the expected turn out for this?
That question is a bit more difficult to answer than it should be. This one seems to be generating off the boards interest just like the last one, making it more of a pain in the ass to figure that out. My guess is 10+, but that's very vague and doesn't include the off the boards **** that we don't know about.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Actually, it's looking to be in the 20-30 range, optimistically. Trail's done some off-boards spreading of the word and anticipates a good turnout. Which makes me happy since I won't have to pay for the facility out-of-pocket! Maybe.

OS - what do you do in IT? I do Cisco networking and servers, so just curious :D

EDIT: IronSquid! Glad you're able to make it with Xecutioner!

KishPrime

BRoomer
I'll dial it down to 15-25, but it'll be big enough for you.

We could use a couple of PM/GC setups. <_< We'll have ALL THE TVs, though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Actually, it's looking to be in the 20-30 range, optimistically. Trail's done some off-boards spreading of the word and anticipates a good turnout. Which makes me happy since I won't have to pay for the facility out-of-pocket! Maybe.

OS - what do you do in IT? I do Cisco networking and servers, so just curious :D

EDIT: IronSquid! Glad you're able to make it with Xecutioner!

I'm an "Academic Technology Analyst". My job is to find a need, fill a need, and if there's not a need then create a need. I basically teach instructors how to use various technologies (Tegrity, Kaltura, smart boards, Blackboard, etc.) and help them learn how to use it effectively in their course.

KishPrime

BRoomer
That should do us.

OS, that job sounds awesome. Too bad I'm working on an MBA now or I'd look for a similar one myself. :p

KishSquared

Smash Master
It does sound neat. Teaching technology can be fun with the right crowd.

Tomorrow - everyone look for Door F at the church! North side of the building.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I might only show up for melee, have very little interest in PM. I guess I'll bring my cube as well if you think you'll be short still.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I'm an "Academic Technology Analyst". My job is to find a need, fill a need, and if there's not a need then create a need. I basically teach instructors how to use various technologies (Tegrity, Kaltura, smart boards, Blackboard, etc.) and help them learn how to use it effectively in their course.
Yawn no one cares u huge scrub. I bet u use Pitt in pm and camp the **** out of people 24/7 just like u did in brawl and couldn't do in melee cuz it was actually a good game. U and kel would be looking forward to smash 4, it's being made with even noobuer intentions than brawl, it's perfect for u baddies. Stop living in ky btw, what kinda scrub fest actually moves to that cow pie. Grats on getting engaged.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Btw big boy jobs/gfs r no excuse for being bad at smash, no one practices this god damn game. God damn nerds need to learn to stop being bad and stfu? Just cuz girls and real jobs r new to u god damn nerds doesn't give u an excuse to suck dickm at this game.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
My boss changed my schedule without informing me, so it turns out I work today, and will not be attending the tournament as expected.

Seeing as it was a 2.5 tourney, I guess y'all got "lucky." My Sonic'll see you all next TFoB. Hope it's bigger - I really don't wanna travel OoS for a $5 tourney.

Top Bottom