• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon

Sinn

Smash Lord
Why is this bad news...? Ness has the home run bat in both 64 and Melee, and it's been a spawning item in both games. The one Ness has is just slightly different. There are many items that are similar to moves other characters have...

parrothead

Smash Lord
Why is this bad news...? Ness has the home run bat in both 64 and Melee, and it's been a spawning item in both games. The one Ness has is just slightly different. There are many items that are similar to moves other characters have...
You're probably correct. There was also the Screw Attack item. Perhaps Michael Anderson and/or his ST Falcon from Battle Clash and Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge will enter, despite SSBB having the Super Scope as an item, which is what the ST Falcon shoots with.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The Super Scope game I always think of is Yoshi's Safari, for some reason. I'm sad I never got to play any of those games...they must be so hard to find nowadays. I've never even seen an actual Super Scope in person D=

:: still hopes for Lip ::~<3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Super Scope game I always think of is Yoshi's Safari, for some reason. I'm sad I never got to play any of those games...they must be so hard to find nowadays. I've never even seen an actual Super Scope in person D=

:: still hopes for Lip ::~<3
I think of Super scope 6 because I owned that game...but no super scope

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did that make it, kinda, unplayable?
Of course but I could watch the opening movie and dream...

...I'm not the one who bought it, a family member bought a bundle pack of a bunch of games for me

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The home run bat isn't ness's bat. This is most definitly Lip's stick. She's deconfirmed I'm sorry. If she was in then there would be no reason for her weapon to be an item. It's like Charizard being a PC and a PP, it could happen but we know it won't

Sinn

Smash Lord
The home run bat isn't ness's bat. This is most definitly Lip's stick. She's deconfirmed I'm sorry. If she was in then there would be no reason for her weapon to be an item. It's like Charizard being a PC and a PP, it could happen but we know it won't
I can see the logic with your Charizard argument IF this was Lip being confirmed as an AT. It's not. And one could just as easily argue that because Pokémon Trainer is in the game, Pokéballs have no reason to be in the game. So thank you for your insight on the matter. I, on the other hand, am going to not let something as trivial as this prevent me from accepting the possibility that she still might be in the game. Besides, I see no reason why the item and what the character's Lip's Stick do would have to have the exact same function.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If Lip isn't going to be a character please let her be an AT.

Still wish she was playable.

Sinn

Smash Lord
As an AT she would probably make panels or garbage blocks rain from the sky onto the stage. And you would have to attack them to make them disappear~

But if she's only an AT in this game, I will still hope for her as playable in the next game. And then the next. And so on. Until Super Smash Bros. Alzheimer's Edition comes out.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Why do so many people jump to conclusions so quickly? Unless you actually see the character in a screenshot, they're unconfirmed. Lip doesn't have the highest chance of getting in to Brawl, but just because her weapon is an item doesn't mean she won't appear. *points to the Fire Flower, Home-Run Bat and Screw Attack*

NukeA6

Smash Master
Why do so many people jump to conclusions so quickly? Unless you actually see the character in a screenshot, they're unconfirmed. Lip doesn't have the highest chance of getting in to Brawl, but just because her weapon is an item doesn't mean she won't appear. *points to the Fire Flower, Home-Run Bat and Screw Attack*
The Homerun bat has nothing to do with Ness. The Fire flower is just an item in Mario games. There are times when the plumber doesn't use it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
actually I have one problem with her being in this game.....if she WAS in fact going to be playble...then y is her Flower stick an item that can be used by ppl??? if she was going to be in the game....shouldnt only she have it??? other than that...I hAVE nothing AGAINST HER....

NukeA6

Smash Master
actually I have one problem with her being in this game.....if she WAS in fact going to be playble...then y is her Flower stick an item that can be used by ppl??? if she was going to be in the game....shouldnt only she have it??? other than that...I hAVE nothing AGAINST HER....
If Lip was in the game, I don't think she will sprout flowers on people's heads for each hit she does.

Sinn

Smash Lord
How does the home run bat have nothing to do with Ness? It's his weapon. In EarthBound, one of his weapons is CALLED the home run bat. And while the fire flower may just be an item in some Mario games, as you say, the Smash character DOES has fireballs as his primary special attack. That's just an example of how an item or its effect could be different than the character that has it. Even the screw ball lets you do two (or three if you're Samus) screw attacks.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
I too am really failing to see the logic here. Must "we" jump to conclusions so quickly around here? How does Lip's weapon as an item de-confirm her as a character? Shouldn't "we" just wait till "we" get something a bit more, reasonable to use as proof before jumping the gun? I know people are hungry for information, but come on.

Melee already proven that a character can have an item that would normally give them a special attack in their own games and yet have it has one of their B moves and yet, both that move and item functions differently (except maybe the Screw Attack). The Fire Flower works quite differently from the fire balls that it normally produces. I know the stick is much more part of Lip then Mario's Fire Flower or Samus' Screw Attack, but it still doesn't mean the current logic here is correct. Of course, since this is Brawl, we're not gonna be quite sure how this works out. Plus, unless I missed it, neither the Fire Flower non Screw Attack were even confirmed to be in Brawl yet. Most of the items I seen confirmed so far didn't come from another game and the Franklin Badge isn't nearly the same thing for Ness as Lip's Stick is for the fairy herself.

Basically, I think the information is too limited right now, especially saying Lip is de-confirmed.

NukeA6

Smash Master
How does the home run bat have nothing to do with Ness? It's his weapon. In EarthBound, one of his weapons is CALLED the home run bat. And while the fire flower may just be an item in some Mario games, as you say, the Smash character DOES has fireballs as his primary special attack. That's just an example of how an item or its effect could be different than the character that has it. Even the screw ball lets you do two (or three if you're Samus) screw attacks.
The home-run bat trophy mentions nothing of Earthbound. Plus it is different from the one Ness uses.

If the bat is from Earthbound, then the paper fan is from Super Mario RPG.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The home-run bat trophy mentions nothing of Earthbound. Plus it is different from the one Ness uses.

If the bat is from Earthbound, then the paper fan is from Super Mario RPG.
Of course it is. Princess Toadstool with Group Hug all the way.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Honestly, Lip is my second most-wanted character.

I think she may be the second most-deserving Japan-Only character, second only to Stafy. There are quite a bit of Panel de Pon games in Japan, and supposedly the series is a huge hit. Plus Lip got 2 mentions on Sakurai's poll, and she already has an item in.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I suppose one way we'll know is if they ever give us an update for the Lip's Stick item if it has a special icon next to it...

I really wish they'd bring some of the Panel de Pon games out here with actual Panel de Pon characters. Planet Puzzle League is great, but...it's not cute!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Garbage Blocks could end up being an item as well. Throw them at opponents to do damage. The bigger the Garbage Block, the more damage it inflicts.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Which would be perfectly fine by me.

I think this is the beauty of wanting so many relatively obscure characters in Brawl. One of them is BOUND to get in.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Could be. I think it might be neat if the other fairies in the game made an appearance during it just for flavor, but that might be too much to ask. I tend to prefer final smashes that you can control, but I'm not sure what they would make it if that was the case.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Could be. I think it might be neat if the other fairies in the game made an appearance during it just for flavor, but that might be too much to ask. I tend to prefer final smashes that you can control, but I'm not sure what they would make it if that was the case.
I really dont kno much about the characters in the JP versin of Tetris attack too be honest..

Sinn

Smash Lord
Basically every stage in the Vs mode has a fairy attached to it instead of a Yoshi character. Flying Wiggler's stage is completely different, belonging to the Fairy of Gems.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Basically every stage in the Vs mode has a fairy attached to it instead of a Yoshi character. Flying Wiggler's stage is completely different, belonging to the Fairy of Gems.
ok I see now (^^)v...actually im wondering....y did they change it to Yoshi characters, and not leave it with Lip???

Sinn

Smash Lord
ok I see now (^^)v...actually im wondering....y did they change it to Yoshi characters, and not leave it with Lip???
Some of us here speculate that it is because Nintendo of America is afraid of little girls. Honestly, I have no idea why they would replace such original characters and slap a Yoshi skin onto it aside from them assuming that it wouldn't appeal to the American demographic. This game came out eleven years ago, and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of game players and buyers were still guys. I mean, the cover alone says, "Rar, I am aggressive!" and all the garbage blocks look like the same angry face. In the original Japanese version the faces all corresponded to the character you were using.

So...I guess that's me saying they did it to make more money. But in all fairness, it was a PUZZLE game. A PUZZLE game, Nintendo. Puzzle games are not known for having an overly macho theme to them. Bah, but I digress. There probably would have been pre-pubescent boys getting their panties in a twist because there were girly characters in their game so they didn't want to play it. Morons...

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Some of us here speculate that it is because Nintendo of America is afraid of little girls. Honestly, I have no idea why they would replace such original characters and slap a Yoshi skin onto it aside from them assuming that it wouldn't appeal to the American demographic. This game came out eleven years ago, and I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of game players and buyers were still guys. I mean, the cover alone says, "Rar, I am aggressive!" and all the garbage blocks look like the same angry face. In the original Japanese version the faces all corresponded to the character you were using.

So...I guess that's me saying they did it to make more money. But in all fairness, it was a PUZZLE game. A PUZZLE game, Nintendo. Puzzle games are not known for having an overly macho theme to them. Bah, but I digress. There probably would have been pre-pubescent boys getting their panties in a twist because there were girly characters in their game so they didn't want to play it. Morons...
Oh my XDDD that makes so much sence...oh I forgot too...they made one for the N64 too..."Pokemon Puzzle League" XD.. so dam u were right about them Marketing it XD

Sinn

Smash Lord
I should write to Nintendo and say, "Um...yeah. Hi. You know, there ARE people in America who will buy stuff featuring Lip. Just as an FYI."

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think brawl will have more female fighters, at least they need to. Lip is a great choice, her games created the best puzzle game of all time.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The world needs more Lip and we will lead the charge <3

Well, specifically the US, but the rest of the world could use more too.

Top Bottom