• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tetra/Zelda for Brawl

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman

Zelda (Left) and Tetra (Right) from the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

As kind of an interesting and unique idea, I think it would be pretty sweet to have Tetra in SSB:B. She would NOT be a clone of Melee Zelda and would have completely different moves for both forms (Tetra and Zelda). However, she WOULD, of course, share the ability to change back and forth between Tetra and Zelda using her Down B move.

With the rest of the characters receiving a more realistic look in Brawl (aka. Link and Mario), I think it would look really cool to keep Tetra/Zelda cel-shaded (like in Wind Waker) if they did make it into Brawl. Plus, I mean, Tetra's a pirate... and pirates are awesome. That alone makes her worthy of being in the game! LOL

What are your opinions? Stupid idea? Unique and possibly quite cool?
Feel free to share but please give reasonings and suggestions! Thanks!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sure if Young Link is in there in Wind Waker style there COULD be a Young Zelda character to in Wind Waker style. I hope that the adult Zelda atleast stays Zelda and TP style. It would be pretty weird if they mixed up those 2 games as they pretty much are 2 diffrent characters.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
No, we don't need two Zeldas. Two samus is ok because they're different. Two Zelda would be too much kinda like two Link isn't really necessary(yes, I know they're different, I'm just saying that spot could have been given to someone else).

Pecans

Smash Rookie
Well - you never know. Zelda could always have two transformations (in other words she could be a princess, a ninja, or a pirate - the three things everyone wants to be.) It would make her twice as interesting as she already is.

chansen

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to burst a bubble but putting a cel shaded character in a non cel shaded game is difficult and would take too much work. sorry.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
chansen said:
I'm sorry to burst a bubble but putting a cel shaded character in a non cel shaded game is difficult and would take too much work. sorry.
But it would also look cool, and would work well within the game.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion. Putting a cel-shaded character in would take no more work than putting any other character in- it's the same process after all.

Yuna said:
While we're at it, let's put Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 Naruto in there.
Yuna, I'm hoping you were joking. :urg:

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
chansen said:
Well, G&W kirby was cel-shaded, and he didn't look bad. Plus, it's not complicated.
Back to topic, maybe having two Zeldas is a bit too much. So we have 3 choices:
-Remove Sheik and give Zelda a Tetra/Zelda transformation.
-Make Tetra a unique character (without Zelda transformation).
-Make Zelda choose to transform between Tetra and Sheik (3 in 1 o_O).

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
How about this?

Sheik becomes her own unique character with a cool B-Down move.
Zelda/Sheik then becomes Zelda/Tetra.

Wouldn't that work pretty well?

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
The_TooCool_Master said:
No, we don't need two Zeldas. Two samus is ok because they're different. Two Zelda would be too much kinda like two Link isn't really necessary(yes, I know they're different, I'm just saying that spot could have been given to someone else).
ORT.

While I don't think Zeltra (that's what everyone here will call her from now on, I demand it) would be a good addition, I find your argument very faulty. Zelda from OOT and Zelda from WW are technically two different characters. The only relationship between them is their name and their bloodline. As for the two Links, since they existed in two different timelines they can be considered different characters. But the only difference between Samus and Zero-Suit Samus is that she's wearing different clothes.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
No it wouldn't. While we're at it, let's put Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 Naruto in there.
Please, with all the WW Link talk flyin' around, the odds of this duo making the cut are immense. I personally like it. Although it lacks in the uniqueness department.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I'm always for more Zelda Characters but but what would her move list be? The only fighting either one does (to my knowledge) was the time she use the bow and light arrows fighting Ganondorf.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
It would be heaps cool imagine the team battles Adult Link & Adult Zelda(/shiek) versus Young Link & Young Zelda(/tetra) or Link & Link vs Zelda & Zelda!

There are very few zelda characters I could see working well but this is one I think would work very nicely

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
People dont even play the original awesome Zelda (except a select few and myself), why do we need 2!? "Cell shaded luks bttR!" I'll pass. I think most people will. Transformation power is kinda lame, cheats the player out of a possibly useful attack.

Stryks

Smash Hero
xzakcorex said:
HUGE JUMBO PICS

Zelda (Left) and Tetra (Right) from the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

As kind of an interesting and unique idea, I think it would be pretty sweet to have Tetra in SSB:B. She would NOT be a clone of Melee Zelda and would have completely different moves for both forms (Tetra and Zelda). However, she WOULD, of course, share the ability to change back and forth between Tetra and Zelda using her Down B move.

With the rest of the characters receiving a more realistic look in Brawl (aka. Link and Mario), I think it would look really cool to keep Tetra/Zelda cel-shaded (like in Wind Waker) if they did make it into Brawl. Plus, I mean, Tetra's a pirate... and pirates are awesome. That alone makes her worthy of being in the game! LOL

What are your opinions? Stupid idea? Unique and possibly quite cool?
Feel free to share but please give reasonings and suggestions! Thanks!
Unique, dude its the same as zelda and sheik, it aint unique it the same thing, and no i dont want a WW character

Stryks

Smash Hero
saberhof said:
yeah it would realy suck, it would be like adding the fat ganon, and no one wants that crp...
Tough his swords rock, i so do NOT want fat ganon in there, give him a fuging bowflex or somehting, or some slimfast

xianfeng

Smash Hero
You people are all negtive nancies I could finally find out who is cooler ninjas or pirates by watching 2 level 9 robots (one zelda/shiek and one zelda/tetra) duke it out my brother ays it's Ninjas but I say Pirates, Pirates have guns and are cooler

Zephyr

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
You people are all negtive nancies I could finally find out who is cooler ninjas or pirates by watching 2 level 9 robots (one zelda/shiek and one zelda/tetra) duke it out my brother ays it's Ninjas but I say Pirates, Pirates have guns and are cooler
Hey. Never let anyone say that ninjas are cooler than pirates. Bandos, a.k.a. pirates, are simply way too cool for ninjas, a.k.a. non-bandos. Pirates own ninjas in every possible way!

On the Zelda/Tetra thing, I would have to say no, one, bcuz of cel-shading, and two, bcuz it wouldn't exactly be the most original thing Nintendo's thought up. They'd more likely put someone on Sakurai's poll on there than someone not so original.

Dead Eye 935

Smash Cadet
Fauquier, VA. Lookin for challengers/crew
Vanilla said:
How about this?

Sheik becomes her own unique character with a cool B-Down move.
Zelda/Sheik then becomes Zelda/Tetra.

Wouldn't that work pretty well?
I agree with this guy. I've always said that Sheik should have been her own character. But hey, while were at it, why not Tetra her own character?

On another note, i don't think she should be cel shaded. It just wouldn't look right amongst all the highly detailed characters.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Dead Eye 935 said:
I agree with this guy. I've always said that Sheik should have been her own character. But hey, while were at it, why not Tetra her own character?

On another note, i don't think she should be cel shaded. It just wouldn't look right amongst all the highly detailed characters.
and kirby is so highly detailed

saberhof

Smash Master
xianfeng said:
you make good point cause i realy like Cervantes from Sc2....

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
saberhof said:
yeah it would realy suck, it would be like adding the fat ganon, and no one wants that crp...
Too bad. Fat Ganondorf is my favorite Ganondorf in the entire series, as well as one of the most fun and rewarding final boss fights i've ever played. You felt like you were actually fighting for your life against a huge man with two swords.

Also, he's not fat, thats all muscle, baby.

xzakcorex

Smash Journeyman
Stryks said:
Unique, dude its the same as zelda and sheik, it aint unique it the same thing, and no i dont want a WW character
I did NOT mean that a transforming character would be unique, but that Tetra was a unique idea. I have, as of yet, not heard of anyone else suggesting her.

I really do not see how Cel-shading would look that odd in Brawl. In Melee, G&W was FLAT and he wasn't considered "odd" (well, technically he was, but... lol), he was "unique." I'd much rather have characters donning MULTIPLE different art styles than having every single character be extremely detailed.

If you're all for repetitive visuals then sure, you have a good point. However, I for sure as hell, am not.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Pikachu and Kirby
But those AREN'T cartoony in the sense Dead Eye is talking about, dood. He means a CEL SHADED character wouldn't fit into the game. CEL SHADED. Maybe I'm wrong, but last time I checked, Pikachu and Kirbu weren't cel shaded.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
DokturSea said:
But those AREN'T cartoony in the sense Dead Eye is talking about, dood. He means a CEL SHADED character wouldn't fit into the game. CEL SHADED. Maybe I'm wrong, but last time I checked, Pikachu and Kirbu weren't cel shaded.

Mr. Game and watch hows that?. cell shading won't hurt the game at all. I would like for each character represent of who they are and where they came from. We have detailed characters, whats wrong with some simplicity?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'm not against more transforming characters, or cel-shaded ones, but Tetra/Zelda isn't exactly as unique as Zelda/Sheik. Well, it is, but it doesn't have the same potential. Tetra would do a lot of running and piratey stuff, while Zelda stays magical, but wouldn't it be a greater contrast to have a magical Zelda and then a fast and nimble ninja? A princess to pirate transformation is unique, and it could work, but it doesn't offer the great contrast that a princess to a ninja offers.

Now, I'm not against other ideas. Ganondorf = Ganon could work, because it's a change in gameplay and power; or Samus = Zamus, because, again, change in gameplay and power. Tetra = WW Zelda just doesn't seem like it would offer that huge a change. Regardless, WW Zelda NEVER uses Magic. Ever. She just kinda... hangs out, and steals your Bow/Light Arrows. What a jerk :p

DokturSea

Smash Lord
JLoc said:
Mr. Game and watch hows that?. cell shading won't hurt the game at all. I would like for each character represent of who they are and where they came from. We have detailed characters, whats wrong with some simplicity?
Mr Game and Watch? I don't think he's cel shaded either. Just flat.

I still stand by having no cel shaded characters in Brawl. One of the best things about this game is going to be the upgrade of all the characters (minus Kirby, as shown comedically in the trailer) we know and love plus the upgrade of some newcomers who we can't wait to see in the new graphics. Of course, if the cel shaded characters ARE put in, I'll still try them out.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
I think our best choice will be to leave Zelda/Sheik and make Tetra a single character. We really need pirates in Brawl. And about Ganondorf, I think the "fat" Ganon would be sweet, gives him a chance to have a new moveset and his beard rocks.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Hold on I'm confused, when you mean "fat" Ganon what game to you mean (like WW Ganon, OOT Ganon, or Original Ganon)? I don't know for sure but I think Ganondorf's super move is that he will transform into Ganon (either OOT or Original NES) for a certain time. I think Zelda/Tetra should be cell shaded "otherwise they wouldn't look normal". As for other pirates what about Gerudo Pirates (Majora's Mask), Space Pirates (Metroid). I still think Tetra is the best choice.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
I'd bet 50$ that sheik is gone. Oot is too old. You'll have kids playing brawl that were in diapers when Oot came out .

So, we should be talking about TP zelda, or WW zelda/tetra.

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
@Renegade - I'll take your 50$ bet. you know why? TP Zelda has the Sheikah symbol on the back of her cloak in the TP trailer... which means that they are still hanging around and she still has connections. So, Sheik is not just OoT material.

Second, Ninjas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pirates
If TP link is in the game, WW link is most likely NOT in the game. Same goes for WW Zelda.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I got to agree with Krytha. We still don't know everything about TP so we can't say that there wont be a Sheik somewere in this one. Also, I dont think that WW will have any characters in SSBB. because of TP. We don't even know all of whats going on in TP so who knows, you may see a great character in TP that changes your mind about having WW characters in.

Top Bottom