• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Good games from us in the waco crew. **** its a long drive to houston but it was fun. Was wanting to do some team money matches but the room got shut down too soon =(

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
*dances the almighty dance of victory*

Golf: I just have to reiterate how amazing you are for driving out into the middle of nowhere to pick me up :)

TGM: Samus does indeed suck. Not even I am masochistic enough to main low tier again. Get videos up soon plllllzz :):)

DugFinn: As always, very nice tourny.

T-rex: I'm never gonna think of protoman the same way again, lol. We didn't get any matches in =/

Mr.3000: You should learn D3's infinite grabs...one grab = a stock (atleast against a handful of characters). We didn't get to play any either =/

Stiltz: Man, olimar is such a weird character. That metaknight is really good too. Olimar vs falco = first grab wins! lol. We should play some more at planet zero!

FlipHop: The banana peels are too good. Good thing for me I can reflect them and use them myself :lick:

Kailo: Nice to see you at a tournament again after so long :) You can try to pick up falco, but we both know that i'm better at cheating than you ;)

Tyle: Sorry we didn't get any matches =/ if i'd known that dugfinn'd planned on leaving right after finals i woulda played some with you when you asked...

Pimpslap: You're still as enormous as ever. :confused:

Xzalla: Wow, you were there? Didn't see you at all, lol.

I played pretty badly. I got no practice on friday, and I didn't get much sleep, so i was kinda out of it. I'll be sure to be ready for the PZ one tho. :p
No johns, I got like 2.5 hours of sleep last night :p

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
I will definitely be bringing a tv (small 15" crappy one -_-) and possibly my Wii/Brawl.. I know I already talked to you about this Xyro... still considering it.

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Oh man this tournament was awesome good thing I went to it..... though I wasn't pleased with the place I got. Toon Link for the win!!!!!!! :)

SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!!

dawn: I'm really proud of you man 13th place with only practicing overnight....... your not normal lol
neon: keep at it man you'll get there...... go for DD....
aero: I think that was your name??? super gay ddd you made m hate ddds with a passion now.... lol gg
TGM: Why do you refuse to play me ??? lol I still love you lol...... that last stock against that warrio sick.....
stilks: congrats man you got so good with only playing yourself that f ing amazing
pimp: you know i want that Ipod ill hit you up...... also I hate you lol
axxo: nice rob as always....... oh yeah f u lol jk
ceasarwtf: f@#$ rob and f@#$ your glasses...... next time I will get you with the callate combo....... also gg in teams in melee muere combo for the win
duggfin: I will get that shirt *waves fist in air in anger* lol thanks for everything also allan
seth: die I hate you....... ike dittos next time. congrats, I still hate you
onii: had me going in that match for a min lol...... keep it up man.
xzalla: gg man I love that ness had me going there for a sec.... thanks for ****** my ike ;)lol
T-rex: gg metaknight is toon links father? lol i will get you... your cool in my book.
3000: that suicide was horrible in battlefield uair turned into dair..... that was sexy lol.... gg though love to play more.
swat: love ya fat boy lol you did good man dont let anyone tell you otherwise....
flip: I hate chimps and monkeys lol.... gg though very intense, youll get me next time..... your cool all together I just don't approve of the monkeys lol f@#$ monkeys

To anyone I forgot sorry let me know and ill add you....... all together good S#$% looking forward to the PZ tourney......

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
oh god im home hahaha

dude

seth. most mindless detours ever..

stiltz.. i hate olimar

xyro. dude i really hate olimar

flip. more dk dittos man, team jiggs. and p stadium counterpick ftw ;)

slimppap. pimpslap. buttbomb juggles? haha and exactly whats stated above. 49 more high fives to go

that other peach i played? gg :D

and the other 2 dudes i talked to and stuff i forgot your names :(

anyone else i forgot? lets hangout eat pizza and play games...

ohhh and that dudes thunder i airdodged into D:

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
So is there going to be some Mario Kart Wii playing going on at PZ at all? It coming out tomorrow is going to gimp my smash bros. practice time. :laugh:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, i got some vids up from today. plz check them out in my sig!!!!!! i got more but im so tired, ill add the rest tomorrow.

If you want epic falco combos, plz wach the sethlon vs kalo vid........dear god is tasy

Kirin

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids, Seth got some crazy combos off. Loved the chaingrab combo to what, 90% was it?, at one point during the video. Nice matches between you and T-rex also Xyro.

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
Passed out as soon as I got home and just work up (but will soon pass out again soon).

Heh, what's with so many people not having got enough sleep before the tourney? Granted I got three hours of sleep also, and Mr. 3000 and T-Rex went to work at 3 am (yes, went to work at 3 am), but we managed. Some of ya'll saw me yawning like every 5 minutes - sorry about that.

The tourney was super awesome fun and it's always great hanging with ya'll - but holy crap I was so tired! Otherwise we would have stayed longer but we seriously were ready to keel over so we had to leave early or risk not being able to leave at all later. See ya'll all at PZ next week!

Too tired to remember everyone, so... If I forgot you, yell at me at PZ until I'm sure to never forget you again.
Shout Outs:
Sethlon: I saw your dance of victory. It was a quick jig, but victorious nonetheless!
XZalla: Those pants... Wow. Just. Wow. In a good way, heh.
Cesar (WTF): Always fun to talk to. Also, it was Shaka. I just now remembered. *sweatdrop*
TGM: I felt lost until I got bracket flowing through my veins again, hahaha.
Pimpslap: Can I pay you in imaginary sniper bullets for bouncer services rendered? *grins*
Stilz: I felt a powerful aura emanating from you[r] [t]hair. Stop feeding your Pikman steroids. Heh.
Kage: Never! But I'll bring you an amusing patch to the PZ tourney. You'll see.
Axxo: I hope you always wear that awesome shirt you always wear.
Guy that looks like Axxo: Kidding! All in fun, heh.
And a generic shout out to everyone else. Especially to that one guy that was doing that thing that was like yeah, you know, and, stuff. *yawns* I'm too tired to respond to a certain annoying fly that buzzes these forums. Meh. It's beyond pointless to feed the troll anymore. I'll just wait for court.

But I will say this (because I was asked this at the tourney)...
Yes, I played Melee. I really liked it. I played Melee since the day it came out, but never took it up seriously, so in essence, I sucked at it compared to pros and it would have been a waste of money to enter into Melee tournaments. My character was Zelda (not Sheik, ZELDA) and, as much as I like Zelda, she can't win a tournament to save her life (unless you're an amazing player - which I was not).
As for Brawl? I love Brawl. I love even more that Zelda doesn't suck as bad as she did in Melee (Din's Fire, I love you!). And I usually play at least a few matches everyday - not for practice, but because I find it fun! I love playing Pit so much and of course Zelda (and looking at Marth and Ike, but that's a whole other different story... *cough*.). I won't say I suck at Brawl, but I'm certainly not going to win any tourney any time soon. I just don't like being IN tourneys (because I enjoy playing in FFAs with items on and killing myself stupidly while laughing about it and making funny noises voicing Pit and getting in everyone's way (especially screwing up Mr. 3000's combos) so that I have to spend the rest of the match running for my life as I get (deservingly so) 3v1ed by everyone in the match... Ah, good times, good times...) Anyways, I can't have fun like that in tourneys, so why enter into one if I'm not going to enjoy it?. But even more than that, I REALLY enjoy running tournaments. Been doing that for years (even when I was a kid and held tourneys every Sat at my house for Magic and Pokemon, then upgraded to tourneys sponsored by Toys R US and sanctioned by Nintendo as part of the National Pokemon League (yes, I actually have "Pokemon GYM Leader" on my resume, no I am not kidding, yes I got paid for it - best job EVER! - I love you Nintendo!). I even competed Nationally at Pokemon (made it to Washington DC and stuff) but I'm just not really into being IN tourneys. I went on to hold tournaments at cons because their game rooms sucked terrible and it was annoying attending and having to put up with it, so I worked to try to make them not suck anymore. It seems only logical to get involved with the next big step like with the NVGA (Houston-Scene.com) and such, so here I am. I'm used to con game rooms where I don't get to sleep much, have to run the room for four/three days straight, 24 hours non-stop (Thur-Sun), hold about 5 tourneys at the same time, each day, usually don't eat, sleep or freakin' have time to change my shirt, much less get a chance to play games while this is all going on. At the last con I finally had a chance to sit down and play at freakin' 4-ish am on a Sunday morning after being there since Thur, so yeah, I'm not used to playing while tournaments are going on. I'm OK with that. Besides I don't like playing IN tournaments, I like watching the matches --- but I guess I'll bring my controller from now on to Smash tourneys and engage in friendlies with ya'll guys, OK? I'm just not a fan of playing in 1v1 formate for fun, but I'll try anyways.

Oh, and Jeremy, this one is much better. Gods, I'm hot.
http://digitaldimensioncosplay.com/Gallery/images/GuiltyGear/Testament1.jpg

And because you're ignorant and obviously are in need of a good correctional facility, let me state this: I am not Mr. 3000's girlfriend. I never have been. We are good friends (a foreign concept to you obviously). On a side note, Mr. 3000 already HAS a girlfriend. See, again you do nothing but lie. This is my account and I say what I say because it's what I want to say, not because you think someone else tell me to.

Edit: Man, I do post long messages... I blame school and their insistence for reading and writing classes. Bah. That's obviously not needed on the internet, pshew.

Popertop

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTS!
Yeah, 17th place!

Pimpslap : GG's man, I had lots of fun. We DEF need to hang out more. I need to pick up pikachu and work on Lucario to get him a little more stable and combo friendly. I actually got to the semi-finals in CoD4, and then I got ***** by Juan and his friends, although you can't really tell if they were screen looking or not, Juan is still really good. It was really funny because we played Brawl at this Gamecove tourney in Beaumont last weekend, and he had never played brawl before, so yeah...
After this I was like, "This makes us even for that smash bros. thing." And we had a good laugh.

Juan: GG's in CoD4, I definitely have not played that enough.

Zach: YAY TOURNEY, also familiar hilarious is available on youtube. You can hear me talking about Lucario near the end. We'll place higher, we just need to get a steady stream of variety in our opponents, also Melee is more fun than I remember it being. We'll go pro eventually, I promise.

Dawn: GG's man, that was intense. I lost my mind near the end there, I don't know what happened. I shoulda been more campy and stuff to seal the win, but hey, you win some, you lose some. We should play melee some time, I miss melee.

TGM: Don't worry Alan, I'll place higher eventually.

Noah: We'll do better man, we just gotta find our character niche. Also, playing melee with you and Brent at one in the morning was more fun that I've had in a long time.

Stiltz: Congrats on second man, I'm really impressed with how you've come along in such a short time. BTW, we still need to play, we haven't yet. Also, I played melee the other night, and it made me wanna play Paul real bad, us three should all hang out some time.

Golf?: It was cool talking and hanging out with you man, see in some future tourneys. We gotta have a peach ditto too.

Seth: You're a cool dude. We still need to play BTW.

Kalo: Your wolf is VICIOUS. I seriously need to play you again to make sure that wasn't just a horrible fluke on my part. Hope to see/play you again in some upcoming tourneys!

Anyone I missed: We all need to get together for some smashfestage. I won't make it to PZ, but the next one definitely.

GG's everybody.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Everybody that I had any type of interaction with: <3.
Thx for the love in the shout outs everybody.

I had a great time. The tournament was ran superbly. Really good atmosphere (Besides the smell that comes with so much body heat being in the same room), I didn't feel any negative energy at all that day.

lol at everyone saying I got good by playing by myself. You all make it sound like I have no friends : (... In all seriousness though, I believe I didn't articulate myself very well when I explained that I play with people that aren't really known in the smash community. I hope to change that by bringing a few of them to some tourneys.

I've been noticing a lot of competitive pokemon talk in the thread. I would really like to play you all since I barely get any competition in my town. I'll be bringing my Pearl and DS to the next tourney.

And finally, I really wanna play more often and more people, so if anyone wants to play, hit me up. I'm willing to drive or have someone over (the place I play at is 2 minutes from the galleria).

GGs everybody

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Wow at the results. I wish I wouldve been there to stop some of you from placing so high :laugh: (fliphopper)

I'll be in town for the May 3rd business for sure :)

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I didn't get the hotel with you guys was because my bro was my only transportation back n forward. No issues whatsoever, and yall are kool too. Next time yall are goin to more anicons, just PM me or somethin.

LOL yea! Falco's laser is too good against Ness's recovering. Remind me next time to play better -.-

You should've came, man. Me, Neon, Kage, Dawn, Axxo, and Cesar was playin some ssbm. Good games at that too. Oh yea, some other guy played 1v1 against Dawn. He was good too, but I didn't get to play him tho. Another fox I didn't get to chaingrab.. >.<

Tarzan showed up at the last minute, but he just sat and chilled.

The only thing I CAN do with Ness is backthrow and Fair!! When I find out what day I'm free, I'll contact you. And my char does need alot of practice also. I appreciate the help, dude.. ;>

And Axxo, sorry about what happened. After you left me and the others just sat at the same spot for a few hours scoping out random people and then went to the arcade. We were still waiting for my bro n nem to come back, but they were just in that CoD4/Guitar Hero room. Cesar and the others just went home when I left. I am only the passenger, so me promising rides won't go that far.. ;/

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, im learning with each tourney that samus is horrible. mor ehorrible than i thought. no wonder hylian moved on to g&w and IC...

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
sethlon is too good, i wish we had more times for friendlies after the tourney tho

edit: i was hitme, and i know i sucked royal. dont know wtf happened, my g&w did better than my marth lol.

edit: my sig wont show -.-

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Once school is over, I'd be more willing to travel around Houston and play people. :)

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i was ubsessed with the Cod4 Tournament that was going on

3. JeremyF= we made fun off you but in a good way.
4PIMPSLAP= i wasnt trying that hard because CoD4 was amazzingly fun.
14. Flip hoph = you did awesome with Dk he will be hight to top tier. MOUF come back.
20. Dawn= man you seemed depressed i saw you pawning at ssbm though.
Awesomeness, people were thinking of me even though I wasn't there. I must be doing something right. Hey Richard couple questions...
1)Do you know how the COD tourney was ran?
2)There was melee?...
3)Were any of the jokes about my funny/worth mentioning? I need a good laugh.

You should've came, man. Me, Neon, Kage, Dawn, Axxo, and Cesar was playin some ssbm. Good games at that too. Oh yea, some other guy played 1v1 against Dawn. He was good too, but I didn't get to play him tho. Another fox I didn't get to chaingrab.. >.<

Tarzan showed up at the last minute, but he just sat and chilled.
THERE WAS %$264524 MELEE!>? And nobody all of a sudden has my number? I live like freakin 10min away... are you serious... Tarzan I'm very disappointed. JK
1)So did Dawn **** all of you?
2)Does Neon still play link? How is that link?
3)Dawn, Kage, and Neon, I want to play you all... in melee... not Brawl...
4)Josh howd you do in melee?

And because you're ignorant and obviously are in need of a good correctional facility, let me state this: I am not Mr. 3000's girlfriend. I never have been. We are good friends (a foreign concept to you obviously). On a side note, Mr. 3000 already HAS a girlfriend. See, again you do nothing but lie. This is my account and I say what I say because it's what I want to say, not because you think someone else tell me to.
You never told me he was your boyfriend, but Winston did tell me you were his girlfriend, and thats the truth. ;)

TGM
I think I might actually attend the next one and go Toon Link. I would really actually like to know how melee was there... like whoo brought it, should I bring it next time? etc. etc.

Once school is over, I'd be more willing to travel around Houston and play people. :)
5$ Money match my Toon Link your Main. I dont own a wii or the game... lets get together. ^_^ And play.

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
yo TGM, its Rain from the tourny. Had a lot of fun fighting u and hoping we can do it again real soon. next time i will have to use my peach and promise u wont beat her. I coming 4 u TGM, My metaknight and Peach, and coming pretty soon....SNAKE!!! MOHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL

CY

Smash Ace
i was so close to going to this tourney lol. pisses me off that there was a cod4 tourney as well, i probably could of atleast won that. -_-

i wish i could make it to the tourney next week, but i have to take the SAT. :(

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hey all, I'm new to the Houston Tourny scene. Infact, I'm new to the Smash Bros. Tourney scene in general. Planet Zero will be my first Smash Tournament, if i can make it. I just have a couple of questions though, but it'd be nice if someone could show me a quick guide to tourneys. Do i have to bring my own setup? (tv/wii). I dont think i could, though of course i can bring my controller. Thanks, and a guide would be very helpful. I dont wanna be at Planet Zero not knowing how tourneys work.

CY

Smash Ace
OH yeah colin, I'm not so sure about you winning the CoD4 tourney, that Juan guy was reallyy really good.
eh well i consider myself pretty good at cod4. and seeing as cod4 doesn't take that much individual skill, it would probably come down to who saw each other first.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
LOL at pooper top i played cod4 for a hour in my entire life anf like 3 hours in tekken and i almost beat a pro guy:)
um Xzella for sure get at me about ness:)
TGM samus sucks use snake:)
Jeremy everyone ne was calling a tall white guy and stuff.
POOPERTOP.......
anybody wanna play online on super lag bros add me then pm me and i will add you i will really do it.

on a side note i had to put up my gun she was attacked by jeremy's dog jack o blades!
**** you jack o blades......

I SUCK WORSE NOW IN MELEE THAN I DID WHEN I DIDN'T PLAY IT.

I have a place to host wanna know get at me ......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popertop

Smash Champion
you would get wrecked in melee SON.
Don't think so.
You should've stuck around when Brent broke out melee at his house last night.
It felt so good to finally play as Falco and Ganon again.
Brought back memories.

By the way, my birthday is in June, and I'm thinking about having a smashfest/gamefest at my house, Melee included.

Hells yeah.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yup my first offical tourney was pretty awesome...i just woke up right now...sooo

***SHOUT OUTS!!!!!***​

swat: dude nice you got me pumped up...metaknight ditto was awesome...

neon: i don't even think i got to play you at all did i?:(:confused:

xyro aka tgm: guess you are a kool guy after all...no hard feeling right?i wanted to zamus vs. samus play you but you seemed bz everytime i was going to ask you

kage: nice...except i had pimpslaps crappy controller...although near the end i got used to it...tasty match indeed

xzalla: dude nearly got to finally play you with my sheik...good couple of seconds i guess

dawn: you made lucraio look awesome...nice wins but yeah you looked kinda depress when you first got there what was up with that

pimpslap: me and you got in that CoD4 tourney that was kool st00f...until i played those master screen watching fus and camping gurus...but yeah still got that first of 4th place and you got that first of 3rd that was awesome stuff those black guys were awesome at CoD i hope we can play those guys again

axxo: srry dude i couldn't stay over long it just that i was deadly tired...like i said i am not used to waking up that early on saturdays...maybe next time

dude with the hat i didn't catch your name nice playin you in snk...kool stuff there

pimp jim: dude i look your g&w to awesome gave my metaknight something to worry about pit vs. zelda was a bad idea and i got that godly time downb on you was kool too

i give my props to the kid that beat me last...even though i got killed because i got careless good match none the less

yeah i am goin to stick with zamus and metaknight and improve my skills and will try to play everyone else some more...

***NO ZAMUS PLAYERS BUT ME WAS THERE WHATS UP WITH THAT...TGM USE ZAMUS INSTEAD OF SAMUS***

and to everyone else good stuff

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Hey all, I'm new to the Houston Tourny scene. Infact, I'm new to the Smash Bros. Tourney scene in general. Planet Zero will be my first Smash Tournament, if i can make it. I just have a couple of questions though, but it'd be nice if someone could show me a quick guide to tourneys. Do i have to bring my own setup? (tv/wii). I dont think i could, though of course i can bring my controller. Thanks, and a guide would be very helpful. I dont wanna be at Planet Zero not knowing how tourneys work.
Bringing your own wii/tv isn't necessary, but it is appreciated :) You're gonna want to bring your own controller, unless you wanna be bugging people about borrowing their's for a set.

Its pretty important to know what stages are legal and which ones are banned. See the list on the front page (color coded and everything! :)) for that. In addition, you get to ban one stage (example: you really don't want to play on lylat cruise, so before you start the set with your opponent you say "i ban lylat, cause that stage sucks".)

All tournies are double elimination (so if you lose once, you aren't out yet, you just get sent to the loser's bracket, in which you get to play until you lose again or climb back up the ranks for the finals), with each match-up being a set of three. The first match of a set has to be on a random stage (which is limited to only the neutral stages). After the first match, the loser gets to counterpick the stage (any stage that isn't banned), the winner decides if they want to change character, and then the loser can change character, in that order.

Also, Dave's Stupid Rule makes it so that you can't counterpick a stage you've already won on in that set (ie if random comes up with Final D, and you win there, you can't counterpick Final D later on in the set.)

Smash tourney rules are really pretty complex, so don't be afraid to ask people about it at the tournament if you forget any rule :)

And finally, I really wanna play more often and more people, so if anyone wants to play, hit me up. I'm willing to drive or have someone over (the place I play at is 2 minutes from the galleria).
You should totally drive down to mag and play with us sometime ^_^ Way out in the middle of nowhere, but I work at home and at my own pace, so I'm free anytime. :)

Top Bottom