• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testers needed: Link's Dash attack has a hidden property?

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I've been trying to reliably replicate this, but without a friend who also owns the game living near me, it's proving difficult, so I'd like some help from you guys here.

There are times, when using Link's dash attack, when I notice that he is capable of "dodging" projectiles mid-leap.
Bigger ones like Samus's charge shot still hit him, but smaller ones, like Mario's fireball or similar small projectiles, can sometimes, if timed correctly, miss Link entirely during the midpoint of his DA animation.

Can someone show this in action/ confirm it exists? I swear it's not my imagination, but it could also just be a glitch, so I want to make sure of it...

popsofctown

Smash Champion
He's probably jumping over them, not really a glitch or anything unusual. There are many attacks that move a character's hurtbox, the areas where they can take damage. When Mario is charging a smash attack his hurtbox gets smaller, for example.

very much doubt it's invincibility frames.

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
Ye Link is just jumping over the projectile. He can also jump over other stuff with his dashattack. Would be quite stupid if his hurtbox wouldn't move up when he is jumping for the dashattack

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I can also confirm that he is jumping over the projectiles. For example, if an opponent using Villager uses Lloyd Rocket(side special), you can dash attack, and if timed correctly, will jump over the Lloyd Rocket and punish Villager for using it so close to you.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I'm pretty happy with how they went about his dash attack. It has a property only Shulk's side special has, only that it's much more powerful and has more utility (that property being the ability to jump over projectiles).

Last edited:
Top Bottom