• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I was wanting to ask since this is the Tennessee Thread, about possibly considering a Brawl Power Ranking. I have been wanting to create one, but I do not have the support or information that I need to actually create one. Plus there are many Tennessee Brawl players that I have not played against or even seen play. I believe this would help create a bigger community for competitive Smash Players and possibly bring some tournaments in Tennessee.

I would like to see more Smash Players in the state of Tennessee and I feel like this could help. I have heard the reason for there not being a Power Ranking for Melee and it seems as if there are not too many Brawl Players in Tennessee, but maybe this could bring some out. People like me really love to compete with other players. Some people might strive really hard to become number 1 for Tennessee and after that, they could battle to keep that position. Other players might appear and attempt to take that place, meaning new competition will be showing up to tournaments to play.

I also feel like this will be a lot of fun for other players. If anyone else at all is interested in making a Tennessee Brawl Power Ranking please help me. I seriously believe this could help the Tennessee Smash Community.

Zero Effect

Smash Rookie
A Power Ranking is a great idea. At least more people would play, and we can finally see who the best players are. We are dying to know so we can kick thier butts!!!

:phone:

Higgens

Smash Cadet
We need to find all the Brawl players we can and decide on the panel and a place to meet up and figure out the rankings. Anybody in Tennessee who is interested in a power ranking should probably get in touch with JTMerrell.

Gabriel2010

Smash Rookie
I agree with the idea of a power ranking system in Tennessee. I personally would like to see who is best and how my skills compare. Also I would love to see more tournaments in Tennessee so I could actually attend them. Alabama tournys are way to far away.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Hey! I was wanting to ask since this is the Tennessee Thread, about possibly considering a Brawl Power Ranking. I have been wanting to create one, but I do not have the support or information that I need to actually create one. Plus there are many Tennessee Brawl players that I have not played against or even seen play. I believe this would help create a bigger community for competitive Smash Players and possibly bring some tournaments in Tennessee.

I would like to see more Smash Players in the state of Tennessee and I feel like this could help. I have heard the reason for there not being a Power Ranking for Melee and it seems as if there are not too many Brawl Players in Tennessee, but maybe this could bring some out. People like me really love to compete with other players. Some people might strive really hard to become number 1 for Tennessee and after that, they could battle to keep that position. Other players might appear and attempt to take that place, meaning new competition will be showing up to tournaments to play.

I also feel like this will be a lot of fun for other players. If anyone else at all is interested in making a Tennessee Brawl Power Ranking please help me. I seriously believe this could help the Tennessee Smash Community.
Well you guys need to have tournaments to have some kind of power rankings. You also need to remember that Memphis is also part of TN and you should probably hit some of those guys up to see if they are interested. You need a trusted and competitively intelligent panel of people to run the rankings. This stuff is really tough to do especially in a state that has very little interest in such things.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Well you guys need to have tournaments to have some kind of power rankings. You also need to remember that Memphis is also part of TN and you should probably hit some of those guys up to see if they are interested. You need a trusted and competitively intelligent panel of people to run the rankings. This stuff is really tough to do especially in a state that has very little interest in such things.
I agree. I want to get in touch with them sometime, but I live in Chattanooga so I, myself cannot get there anytime soon. Guapo, Higgens and I are hosting a Brawl Tournament May 19th. It is posted on here. I do not mean to advertise or anything, because I do not know if people are okay with advertising on this thread.

I would like to get help from people all around Tennessee. I do not know of anyone in Knoxville who might be interested in helping either. I believe Guapo and some others might be able to get in touch with the Memphis players before I could.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I agree. I want to get in touch with them sometime, but I live in Chattanooga so I, myself cannot get there anytime soon. Guapo, Higgens and I are hosting a Brawl Tournament May 19th. It is posted on here. I do not mean to advertise or anything, because I do not know if people are okay with advertising on this thread.

I would like to get help from people all around Tennessee. I do not know of anyone in Knoxville who might be interested in helping either. I believe Guapo and some others might be able to get in touch with the Memphis players before I could.
It's your state. You can advertise for TN tournaments in your own state's thread. People mainly get annoyed when other states do it, like if AL were to advertise in here (join ASL).

I'll be at your tournament btw with the Huntsville Crew in tow. It's time to see if TN has any salt.

guapo

Smash Apprentice
It's your state. You can advertise for TN tournaments in your own state's thread. People mainly get annoyed when other states do it, like if AL were to advertise in here (join ASL).

I'll be at your tournament btw with the Huntsville Crew in tow. It's time to see if TN has any salt.
Good to hear we was hoping to have alot of u guys here along with a few other states hopefully

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman

That is wonderful news! I could definitely use your help creating the bracket! In my first 3 tournaments, I just placed people in random. Since better people will be coming, I would probably need help placing everybody to make it a great tournament.

Anyway, is there anyone in the Nashville, Knoxville, or Memphis (Or Cities/Towns near) sides that would be willing to help out on creating a Brawl Power Ranking? Getting people from all over the state would help so much! I see that ProtomanVX said he wanted to help and he lives near Nashville it looks. Do you know anybody else around there that could be interested?

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
About the power rankings, I live in Knoxville and am very much interested in doing things to grow the community, but as of right now I know very little about other Smahers in the area and things like that. If I can still be of assistance though let me know. I'm hosting a tournament in late march (link) and have gotten a good number of replies from interested/confirmed attendees, so I should be a little more up to speed after that.

Oh, and you can put me down as a Knoxville Smasher in the OP if you want, KOkingpin. Technically this thread is filed under Melee but I'm assuming Brawl-focused players count on that list also. Thanks!

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Tuscaloosa, AL. You think you'll be there? Clarksville is quite a way from Alabama isn't it?
Yea it's quite a ways away but my family lives in Selma, Alabama about 50 miles from there and i'm planning on being down there..if the ****ing military doesn't stop me first.

guapo

Smash Apprentice
Yea it's quite a ways away but my family lives in Selma, Alabama about 50 miles from there and i'm planning on being down there..if the ****ing military doesn't stop me first.
holla at me sometimes im from camden which is 20 mins below paris and i plan on going to some tourneys if u need a ride sometime

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
holla at me sometimes im from camden which is 20 mins below paris and i plan on going to some tourneys if u need a ride sometime
Appreciate the offer. I got my own car. That's how i went to Super Stabby death match III. ranked 8th of 23rd with only Yoshi. I'm proud of myself

guapo

Smash Apprentice
Appreciate the offer. I got my own car. That's how i went to Super Stabby death match III. ranked 8th of 23rd with only Yoshi. I'm proud of myself
U were there last sat I didn't see u well I understand u have ur own vehicle I was just thinking of saving gas money but its all good

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I'm thinking of setting up a Melee (and possibly Brawl) Tournament in Nashville, TN. I'll keep you guys posted because at this point all I need is a venue, and I figure TN needs a better place for tournaments instead of having to drive out to Memphis from like Chattanooga.

Let me know who is interested and I guess if enough Brawl players are into it then I'll add it in for sure.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone I'm thinking of setting up a Melee (and possibly Brawl) Tournament in Nashville, TN. I'll keep you guys posted because at this point all I need is a venue, and I figure TN needs a better place for tournaments instead of having to drive out to Memphis from like Chattanooga.

Let me know who is interested and I guess if enough Brawl players are into it then I'll add it in for sure.
Nashville is perfect for me (only 50 miles).

guapo

Smash Apprentice

Of course id come if it had brawl and I might give melee a shot even this it wont be much if a shot more like a wounded horse running the Kentucky derby lol

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace

Where at in Nashville? I'd love to help out.

Top Bottom