• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone I'm thinking of setting up a Melee (and possibly Brawl) Tournament in Nashville, TN. I'll keep you guys posted because at this point all I need is a venue, and I figure TN needs a better place for tournaments instead of having to drive out to Memphis from like Chattanooga.

Let me know who is interested and I guess if enough Brawl players are into it then I'll add it in for sure.
If Brawl is involved, then I will most likely be there!

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
Where at in Nashville? I'd love to help out.
That's what I'm trying to figure out right now. It'll most likely end up in a friends house if I can find one with a big enough space for all the people that would be coming.

Also I'd gladly accept any help as this will be the first tournament I've ever done. I'll keep you guys updated if I find somewhere, hopefully the search won't take too long and we can get this set up soon.

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone I'm thinking of setting up a Melee (and possibly Brawl) Tournament in Nashville, TN. I'll keep you guys posted because at this point all I need is a venue, and I figure TN needs a better place for tournaments instead of having to drive out to Memphis from like Chattanooga.

Let me know who is interested and I guess if enough Brawl players are into it then I'll add it in for sure.
I'll try to make it if there's Brawl. I too am suffering from MIFAS (Memphis Is Far Away Syndrome).

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Brawlers are actually active in this thread??? When did that happen??!! :O

Yea, as far as I could tell on smashboards, the only consistent tournaments in TN were the ones held in Memphis. MIFAS...that's really funny. As far as some power rankings, the Memphis people have been talking about if for the last year, we were just about to wind down and try and generate a greater memphis area power rankings...since we assumed the rest of TN was dead aside from the select few out of towners that attended Super Stabby Death Match. With the recent revival of the scene though...Talon and I are interested to see what the rest of TN has. We're going to try our best to get Memphis people to Pellicon and Cordial Uproar. At the very least it will be me and Talon. Some Murfeeesburro people are interested as well, mainly Tatsumaki. So try and attend these tournaments and you should see us there.

The next Memphis tournament is on April 7th. It will be the 7th big tournament since Memphis's revival back in 2010, with the first Vue tournament. :)

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Brawlers are actually active in this thread??? When did that happen??!! :O

Yea, as far as I could tell on smashboards, the only consistent tournaments in TN were the ones held in Memphis. MIFAS...that's really funny. As far as some power rankings, the Memphis people have been talking about if for the last year, we were just about to wind down and try and generate a greater memphis area power rankings...since we assumed the rest of TN was dead aside from the select few out of towners that attended Super Stabby Death Match. With the recent revival of the scene though...Talon and I are interested to see what the rest of TN has. We're going to try our best to get Memphis people to Pellicon and Cordial Uproar. At the very least it will be me and Talon. Some Murfeeesburro people are interested as well, mainly Tatsumaki. So try and attend these tournaments and you should see us there.

The next Memphis tournament is on April 7th. It will be the 7th big tournament since Memphis's revival back in 2010, with the first Vue tournament. :)
I'm gonna try my damn best to make Pellicon. The Army is unpredictable & it's my mom's birthday that weekend. I"ll def be there if i don't go to her birthday party

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
I live in Gallatin on Bayview Dr., how far would that be?
It's like 30 to 35 minutes away from me.

But it is official I am having the tournament at my place which is in Antioch. I don't quite know the date yet as I have just gotten a new job and need to find out hours before I can do anything. I do know that I want to set this up fairly soon so I'd say sometime in March, maybe early April.

guapo

Smash Apprentice

But it is official I am having the tournament at my place which is in Antioch. I don't quite know the date yet as I have just gotten a new job and need to find out hours before I can do anything. I do know that I want to set this up fairly soon so I'd say sometime in March, maybe early April.
Memphis has a tournament april 7th

:phone:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace

I can bring a Wii, and possibly a TV. Let us know the dates when you can!

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
I do know that I want to set this up fairly soon so I'd say sometime in March, maybe early April.
Memphis has a tournament april 7th
And Knoxville has the Pellicon Brawl Tournament on March 25th (link). Those are each about 3/3.5 hours from Antioch in opposite directions. Sounds like we'll have quite the circuit for those who are able to make it too all/most of these. The TN community is stirring... and I never even knew we really had one! This is exiting!

guapo

Smash Apprentice
And Knoxville has the Pellicon Brawl Tournament on March 25th (link). Those are each about 3/3.5 hours from Antioch in opposite directions. Sounds like we'll have quite the circuit for those who are able to make it too all/most of these. The TN community is stirring... and I never even knew we really had one! This is exiting!
Were also holding a big tournament may 19th in camden tn

:phone:

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman

I doubt I can make it since that tournament is on a Sunday. I always work Sundays.

Spyro

Smash Ace
Yeah dude I could probly come and hang out sometime and smash with you. Would be fun!
That would be awesome! I have Melee and SSB64 (on the original N64) (I also have brawl but I have played that game in like a year lol). You would have to bring your own controller for melee cause I only have one working GC controller.

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
That would be awesome! I have Melee and SSB64 (on the original N64) (I also have brawl but I have played that game in like a year lol). You would have to bring your own controller for melee cause I only have one working GC controller.
I think you'll find that all smashers have a controller that they prefer to use lol, and I am FAR more into Melee than Brawl but I haven't played 64 in YEARS!

Spyro

Smash Ace
I think you'll find that all smashers have a controller that they prefer to use lol, and I am FAR more into Melee than Brawl but I haven't played 64 in YEARS!
I don't mind Brawl casually but it just seems like it would not be any fun as a competitive game IMO. I love playing Melee and I just got smash 64 this Christmas (and that was the first time I got to play it lol), but it's fun too :p.

Dinkerbob

Smash Cadet
I don't mind Brawl casually but it just seems like it would not be any fun as a competitive game IMO. I love playing Melee and I just got smash 64 this Christmas (and that was the first time I got to play it lol), but it's fun too :p.
Well as soon as I get my hours for work I'll let you know and we can set up what day would be good for me to just come chill :)

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
I play Jiggs in Melee, but I am absolutely AWFUL at that game. Seriously. lol

Yoshi and KO have tried teaching me the ways of Melee, but it doesn't click for me, nor do I have as much fun as Brawl/64. Still a great game, regardless.

I'd love to have some of you guys come to Murfreesboro. I have two copies of Brawl, and one Smash64 on VC. We have enough TVs to go around.

Spyro

Smash Ace
I'd love to have some of you guys come to Murfreesboro. I have two copies of Brawl, and one Smash64 on VC. We have enough TVs to go around.
That would be fun, I'll have to see if I can come over some time :p. I don't care for the VC version much, waaaaay to much framskip.

Top Bottom