• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Tenacious D, the greatest band ever is creating a movie due to be released in 2005 sometime. So far the only plot they've released is that it is about Tenacious D forming. They are also creating a new CD, which will be the soundtrack to the movie and the title track will be "pick of Destiny".

Plot Outline: The movie follows KG and JB on the road to becoming the greatest band on earth.

JB and KG play themselves, and so far Will Farrel and Jason Reed have signed on. Jason Reed is Lee of course.

Not much info, im just excited about it and wanted to share.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
That's awesome. I remember hearing about this movie a while ago, but I had completely forgotten about it. But there's going to be a new album too? That's even better. The old one is starting to get a little stale, and live concert bootlegs can only be so good. That's probably some of the best news I've heard all week. I'm all excited now.

soberfox

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have Tenacious D's dvd "The Complete Masterworks." It's soooo good and so was their first album...can't wait too hear more music from them...but this movie is awesome news as well. I'll definetly have to go see that one now.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I missed it while it was in theaters and I got the CD soundtrack but I don't want to listen to it until I get to see the movie! Hopefully since it did so bad in the box office it will come out on DVD in like 2 weeks or something.

anyone else see or not see it?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I didn't see it either, not for lack of wanting to see it, but simply because I didn't really make it to any movies over these holidays.

I'll almost definitely be getting the DVD. I do have the soundtrack, and it's great. It's a shame that it's pretty short though. There are only two songs that are over 3 minutes long, which is pretty disappointing. But most of them are still great. And they got rid of the two of them talking as tracks, which I didn't really find that funny.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I wanted to see this, but my friend had to ditch out on the one night I could see it and then I had no money for reasons I won't get into. I'll mos def be renting this, perhaps buying.

Unsurprisingly, LT is probably the only one of us that did see it.

Also, I remember hearing about this movie in like 2002, but it was funny because it was in an interview where Jack Black said it would his last time playing "That party guy, because you can't do that forever" and then preceded to do other stuff with the exact same typecast work.

I didn't think the movie was actually gonna happen, so when I saw the movie's preview, it was pretty cool.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I saw it.

I totally thought it would suck, but I actually enjoyed it. It has a lot of references to their other works, so some of that probably flew over my head. But I thought it was a good movie.

Specialized

Smash Rookie
I'd agree to renting it, its not worth the buy. I saw and it was one of the funniest movies this year. I was really stupid, but that made it more enjoyable.

Top Bottom