• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Hero confirmed for July then. At least that fellas!

No date makes me nervous that my July 19th call is a bust though!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
On the topic of Superman, one thing I do recommend to both Superman fans and even non Superman fans is to try and read Superman: Peace on Earth. It's a short 64 page standalone comic drawn by Alex Ross and written by Paul Dini. It has no big supervillains or fights, yet I feel it gets to the core of Superman's character.

I'd also recommend the other short standalone comics by Paul Dini and Alex Ross for Batman, Wonder Woman, and Shazam/Captain Marvel.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
To clarify, they didn't specifically tell us he's coming in July. The name of the video is "Nintendo Switch - Fan-favorites and newest Releases - July".

One could assume logically assume this is suggesting a July release, but the video itself is just the July edition of a Nintendo Switch ad. It's not official.
1563310994900.png

begone with this possibility

Potato_

Smash Lord
To clarify, they didn't specifically tell us he's coming in July. The name of the video is "Nintendo Switch - Fan-favorites and newest Releases - July".

One could assume logically assume this is suggesting a July release, but the video itself is just the July edition of a Nintendo Switch ad. It's not official.
Wow we are REALLY hedging our bets here huh...

They featured Hero along with a bunch of other Switch games and features releasing in July. They specifically mentioned Hero as a character instead of just the Pass as a whole. I don't think they could be any more blatant about it other than stating outright "Hero comes out in July."

It's an official Nintendo advertisement, hosted on Nintendo's official youtube account. Barring some sort of delay that they didn't foresee, why would they bother including Hero in the commercial if not to imply the most obvious conclusion?

We can speculate why they didn't show a release date (My bet is that there will be another video similar to Joker's that shows him off and provides a release date) but it's pretty clear they intended us to believe July would be the month.

I get being a skeptic and cautious for hype reasons, but when we're reaching the point that we're skeptical of stuff on Nintendo's actual youtube account of all places I think we need to take a step back.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>Hero might be out this week or next week

Me: Nice

Nintendo: “Play Resident Evil 5 & 6 in October!”

Me, seeing these two games that have Chris “Boulder Puncher” Redfield as a major protagonist: “Woah, what if it relates to a promo Resident Evil pick...wait”
B2AF10CC-3603-4E40-8869-AB863EB236EC.jpeg

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I decided to take a trip down memory lane and play Otto Matic.

At first the controls sorta confused me (keep in mind I last played the game when I was about... 9) but eventually I learned why I love this game so much!

Also new avatar because why not?

D

Deleted member

Ever notice how in All Star when someone asks if he could spare some change for gas because they need to get themselves away from this place, he just says “yep, what a concept. I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change” instead of giving them some actual change for gas?
The singer doesn't have any spare change, and instead of just telling the stranger this like a normal person he starts waxing lyrical in an attempt to make him go away.

Potato_

Smash Lord

Me, seeing these two games that have Chris “Boulder Puncher” Redfield as a major protagonist: “Woah, what if it relates to a promo Resident Evil pick...wait”
View attachment 231565
Could you imagine after all the debate between Leon or Jill we got Chris instead?

better give him Charizard's old Rock Smash move

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Wow we are REALLY hedging our bets here huh...

They featured Hero along with a bunch of other Switch games and features releasing in July. They specifically mentioned Hero as a character instead of just the Pass as a whole. I don't think they could be any more blatant about it other than stating outright "Hero comes out in July."

It's an official Nintendo advertisement, hosted on Nintendo's official youtube account. Barring some sort of delay that they didn't foresee, why would they bother including Hero in the commercial if not to imply the most obvious conclusion?

We can speculate why they didn't show a release date (My bet is that there will be another video similar to Joker's that shows him off and provides a release date) but it's pretty clear they intended us to believe July would be the month.

I get being a skeptic and cautious for hype reasons, but when we're reaching the point that we're skeptical of stuff on Nintendo's actual youtube account of all places I think we need to take a step back.
You're sounding a little condescending, if I'm being honest.

And what's the harm in assuming Hero could be released in August? Isn't it good to expect the less preferable outcome so I don't end up disappointed?

I was told similar things regarding the Grinch leak and the second DLC fighter being announced in an alleged April Smash Direct. Being cautious has paid off for me so far, and I'm not about to misinterpret a YouTube video because I was too quick to jump to conclusions. If I'm wrong and you're right, great. Won't hurt my feelings at all because Joker is coming out earlier than I expected.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Ever notice how in All Star when someone asks if he could spare some change for gas because they need to get themselves away from this place, he just says “yep, what a concept. I could use a little fuel myself and we could all use a little change” instead of giving them some actual change for gas?
I always interpreted it as "yep (sure, he're some change),
what a concept (you just reminded me), I
could use a little fuel myself (self explanatory),
and we could all use a little change (we all need to change our lives, to get ourselves back on the track to becoming the righteous people that we deserve to be, and stop idolizing false gods like all-star athletes and rock stars)."
You know, or something like that.

Potato_

Smash Lord
You're sounding a little condescending, if I'm being honest.

And what's the harm in assuming Hero could be released in August? Isn't it good to expect the less preferable outcome so I don't end up disappointed?

I was told similar things regarding the Grinch leak and the second DLC fighter being announced in an alleged April Smash Direct. Being cautious has paid off for me so far, and I'm not about to misinterpret a YouTube video because I was too quick to jump to conclusions. If I'm wrong and you're right, great. Won't hurt my feelings at all because Joker is coming out earlier than I expected.
I didn't intend to be condescending, but reading it back I understand I came off a little more aggressive than I would've liked. I apologize, i'll admit I do get irritated sometimes with the whole "hype responsibly" attitude.

Comparing this situation to the Grinch leak or the supposed April Smash direct is a little disingenuous I feel. This is something posted on their actual account, with the most obvious meaning implied from it that Hero releases in July. The Grinch leak was a bunch of grainy photographs from an unknown source and the April direct was literal hearsay. There's a clear level of credibility here that the other two simply don't have.

But again, you're right in that you can be as skeptical as you want. It's definitely the safer attitude to have in regards to disappointment.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm just going to wait until the actual trailer comes out. July does makes perfect sense to release Hero, but I still want to see it first.

We can all agree this new patch is coming soon, at least.

Could you imagine after all the debate between Leon or Jill we got Chris instead?

better give him Charizard's old Rock Smash move
But it's also a command grab like Alolan Whip, then he headbutts the opponent to launch them across the stage. He's my favorite Pokémon.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I heard someone say that it wasn’t financially successful enough or something. :(
Well, Ant-Man and the Wasp made $677+ million on a budget of about $195 million, so it's certainly a success, and every series in the MCU (with the exception of Hulk for reasons) has either been a trilogy (or more) or is on track to be, so I can't see them not making a third.

Either way, we'll probably find out on Saturday.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Well, Ant-Man and the Wasp made $677+ million on a budget of about $195 million, so it's certainly a success, and every series in the MCU (with the exception of Hulk for reasons) has either been a trilogy (or more) or is on track to be, so I can't see them not making a third.

Either way, we'll probably find out on Saturday.
What makes you say that we'll find out on Saturday? Is Comic Con or some Disney expo happening then?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
SDCC starts on Friday and Marvel Studios has a panel on Saturday.
Sounds good! Here's hoping that, if we do get a phase four announcement (or whatever they're calling the next set of movies), it starts or ends with this:

https://movieguys.org/wp-content/uploads/fantastic-4-logo-300x225.jpeg

It seems a little obvious/on-the-nose, but it's also too good of an opportunity to pass up.

If the Marvel Unlimited app is any indication, we'll probably get an announcement of the Eternals; that app usually tends to highlight series or characters that are tied to upcoming announcements (much to my dismay around the time of Avengers Endgame, they heavily implied the new developments that the Hulk got in that movie before I got the chance to see it)

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

One could logically assume this is suggesting a July release, but the video itself is just the July edition of a Nintendo Switch ad. It's not official.
Were that the case and Hero hypothetically released next month, you'd think the ad would at least include other August releases like Astral Chain.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah Hero is coming out this month. Nonsensical otherwise to include it among games and features coming in July.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

View attachment 231566
hatsune miku has a switch game coming out around january-february 2020

you can't argue with science

Noipoi

Howdy!
hatsune miku has a switch game coming out around january-february 2020

you can't argue with science
But that begs the question

Assuming Minecraft gets a mii costume, would it come with Banjo because they’re both Microsoft? Or would it come with Miku because she made Minecraft?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
But that begs the question

Assuming Minecraft gets a mii costume, would it come with Banjo because they’re both Microsoft? Or would it come with Miku because she made Minecraft?
either way, the answer is yes

1563317842909.png

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Btw I saw Into the Spider-Verse yesterday on Netflix.

Now normally when a superhero movie gets overly praised to death, I watch it and find it's massively overrated *coughwintersoldierblackpanthercough*, but here it's completely warranted :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom