• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree with all of this (except new versus old... I think the outfit change is really all thats required).
Regardless, I think it would resinate quite intensely- just because the outcry isnt as strong doesnt mean it would not be impactful.
I mean the body proportions new vs. old are crazy. Old Lara looks like some freaky hentai creation with that body proportion (a lot of PS1 3D characters had that issue due to graphical glitches, namely Tifa in FF7), the new one looks actually grounded in realism. Also helps the new games are way better than the older ones. In spite of that, there's still outcry against the new design because they prefer the uncanny valley old body composition.
I do hope we get Sora, and Lara, for that matter. But time will tell, should we get another couple of passes.
I think Lara is too bottom of the Square Enix barrel to happen in regards to Smash character popularity and desire. I wouldn't hang onto hope for that says the dumb guy who wants Crono more than any other character and realizes that won't ever happen but clings to hope it will happen even though he says he doesn't.

Sora I think could be an E3 reveal next year if we get another Fight Pass or DLC post-Fight Pass. The want for Sora is hard to quantify. It's huge.

Honestly if we get Sora and Master Chief in say a 2nd Fight Pass... I legitimately am wondering if Kratos from God of War can happen. Now that would be crazy, having the "icons" of the Xbox and PlayStation in Smash.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Two quick reminders;

Bashing characters is against the rules too. What it does is create a divide among fanbases. It's flame/troll bait and won't be tolerated. So knock it off.

Please avoid too many embeds, which includes quoting them. If you quote an embed, please edit it out before hitting reply. To clarify, tweets and videos are both types of embeds. Try to be courteous to many others, mobile users and those with bad computers alike.

Thank you for your time. :)
Hey, I thought you weren't modding this thread anymore... :yoshi:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, I thought you weren't modding this thread anymore... :yoshi:
I've been back for about two weeks.

I'm surprised you didn't notice earlier when I left other mod posts up, heh.

I was very active here, and with e3 coming up, we needed extra help. So I got my position back in the long run.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So since E3 basically announced the next 4 months worth of characters, do you think we'll have to wait all the way until, like, TGS before DLC 4 gets revealed?
So how are people handling Hero and Banjo?
I'm pretty psyched all around. Erdrick was one of my most wanted characters, and I never have to hear Banjo fans asking for Banjo again. So it's win-win for me.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Ahahaha the part after they show the other protags

"ARIIGAAAATTTOOO NINTENDOOOOOOOOOO"

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Obviously were not gonna get any character teases even but I'm rather curious do you think they'll mention anything else that's Smash related at the Nintendo E3 Day 2 tomorrow?

Regardless doesn't matter anyways since I'm leaving for my 5 day trip to San Diego tomorrow.
The most Smash stuff I'd expect from E3 Day 2 is some bits and pieces of info for the Summer update (aka, the update when DQ Hero drops)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another question for y'all. What were you all excited and more hyped for?

Hero or Banjo? (Expect most to be the latter)

Me Banjo.

D

Deleted member

I don't mind if you dislike Steve.

Just please don't be like the guy who comes into the Steve thread just to be a scumbag.
Ah don't be a sore winner.
Nah; I'm going to be a bad winner this one time. I made some people mad last year when I made it clear how much I didn't like Steve or Minecraft as a whole, and that hasn't changed. Now that that's out of the way, I feel better.

The best Minecraft will have going for it at this point is a Mii Fighter costume, which is, honestly, the most it deserves.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nah; I'm going to be a bad winner this one time. I made some people mad last year when I made it clear how much I didn't like Steve or Minecraft as a whole, and that hasn't changed. Now that that's out of the way, I feel better.
Come on man. Don't be that way. You're gonna get a warning given an mod just posted last page about it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Me Banjo.
Hero easily. It's the franchise I care about more. More importantly we got the worldwide appeal character as the actual true face, which is something I thought was way more realistic than Erdrick as the face.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of which that should be the change for the next poll on this thread. Which duo reveal did folks here like better. Anyone agree? Anyone in favor of that?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
well at least you're not acting like the guy I was talking about. Not even close. At least, not here. He's always rude and acts oh-so-superior to anyone who disagrees with him even if it's not about Steve or Minecraft, and even tried to pull some "I don't want Steve fans to be disappointed" facade once before he said how he actually thought in a later post, how he hates Steve fans and wants them to shut up, clearly not caring whether they're rude or polite.

once again I don't care if anyone dislikes Steve or Minecraft but my gosh this one guy.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Bashing Steve will never go out of style.
Well considering that it was never in style in the first place, and the fact you dug that post out just to give it this reply, I don't believe you know what's in style at all.

But that's none of my business. You do you, fam..

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of which that should be the change for the next poll on this thread. Which duo reveal did folks here like better. Anyone agree? Anyone in favor of that?
Hmm. That's a good question. Maybe something about what Spirits Hero will come with? Could take a bit to think of good answers. That or MIi costumes.

D

Deleted member

Me Banjo.
I'm in the minority; Hero.

I've played the Banjo games, and while I get the appeal and will play the characters way, WAY more than Joker because I hate Persona, I just feel like Dragon Quest long deserves its due, no matter how the internet of today reacts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hmm. That's a good question. Maybe something about what Spirits Hero will come with? Could take a bit to think of good answers. That or MIi costumes.
That'd be another good choice.

Do whatever you all like (Admins and Mods). Was just giving out an suggestion and other ideas like yours is always open for good choices too. ;)

D

Deleted member

Mic Edit: Just don't.

(What, you can't point out the desperation of people who want an anime character in Smash?)

Shroob

Sup?
I love how Sakurais banjo tweet was in English but the hero one was Japanese. They planned this perfectly balanced as all things should be reveal flawlessly.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is the way I see things pretty much.

Hero was for the fans of the East.

While Banjo was for the fans of the West.

Perfectly balanced as all things should be. Its win-win. Both sides got what they wanted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom