• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

television lag etc.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ok heres the deal im aware that projectors lag like crazy however i hear that HDTV's lag as well. i've been playing on an HDTV through a cable wire adapter(the one where u can play the game when you turn it to channel 3/4) and i've also played it through the regular AV wires.

up until last night i didnt think it exists but now im confused about HDTV's and lag. Sometimes i feel like theres subtle lag and sometimes I feel like there isnt. I mean its not to the point where I try to JC grab and do a foward air(projectors are good for that) but sometimes i just get a feeling that something isnt right Am I mindgaming myself? if not can someone link me or just tell me the run down on lag and ssbm? and what are the best ways (if any) to fix lag on HDTVs

Foxen

Smash Rookie
I am not sure about this, but I think there's nothing that can be done. Because of the (often) low resposive-times that LCD/PDP screens is dragged with.

I noticed the latency when I just got my new HDTV from an old CRT. :(

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
The cause of the lag on most HDTVs is it changing the aspect ratio. If you can set it back to a 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9, you should experience no lag.

KoriSamui

Smash Cadet
I've noticed the HDTV lag thing. I brought my Wii over to my friend's house on New Year's (He has an HDTV), and, of course, we played Smash on it. I was surprised at the horrible lag that happened. I was expecting to win a lot, but I played like crap because of the delay. This was the first time I had ever played Smash on the Wii, so I was a little frightened that the Gamecube player on the Wii was the source. However, I came home and played it on my regular, non-HDTV, and it worked perfectly.

I'm thinkin' that HDTV has some delay on it.

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
The cause of the lag on most HDTVs is it changing the aspect ratio. If you can set it back to a 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9, you should experience no lag.
How sure are you of this? I'm going to be purchasing a plasma TV within the next two months, and I had no idea that there was any type of lag. If it's simply a problem of changing the ratio, that's fine. otherwise, I'm seriously going to reconsider :(

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yea if you are an avid player i wouldnt make that purchase. so its the LCD/PDP factor rather than the HDTV part of it?

hmm, im still having trouble detecting it(on my HDTV) but i do feel something. Can someone tell me the best way to detect the lag, because I want to be 100 percent sure.

Miharu

Smash Hero
I'd say just compare it to what it's like playing on a normal TV, and judge for yourself.

Btw, nice sig, BackItch.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I had to play a tourny with a HDTV, I was ICs and the other dude was samus...I had no idea they lagged until that match. He wasnt too good, so I owned even with the lag, but the point is...the lag.

They do lag, some times its ridiculous, the one I was playing on had atleast a 1/4th second delay, I was pissed.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
2v2: Ic's+Ic's vs. Ic's+Ic's on Fountain of Dreams (from a Gamecube of course) being displayed on a projector is HILARIOUS.
Nearly 1-second lag, try and play out the whole game if you can.

Top Bottom