• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teleport Lag Cancel?

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to cancel Zelda's teleport lag while landing? It takes forever for me to get back in control, and I usually just die after recovering because of it.

TheLake

Smash Master
You can ledge cancel it but other than that not that I know of.

Its a wicked fun move to use for mindgames though and inventing completely redudant combos. You shouldnt be getting TOO punished for it though...If you have a gamer tag take that off. Only the bravest and perhaps foolish of zeldas play with gamer tags (like me hehe). But try switching it up. Such as Up-B but then dont go anywhere. Mess with your opponents head but by all means dont abuse this moves. Like nearly all of zeldas attacks this move is strictly situational but can be fun for a mindgame or two.

Vro

Smash Lord
If you're being punished for landing on the stage from recovering, my only suggestion is to sweet spot the edge. There is no way of canceling the lag except, as TheLake said, edge cancelling it. If you don't know what sweetspot or edge cancelling are, feel free to ask. Otherwise there are no ways of reducing Zelda's Up B lag.

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
To reduce the lag of Zelda's teleport, make sure you land and are not drifting after the use. The way to practice (at least for me) is that you are able to shield an attack immediately after you teleport. My friend usually played Marth or Falco and as soon as I arrived from my teleport, I was able to block an attack like a smash or an aerial.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
What i can do sometimes is my opponent goes to ledge guard but i miss the ledge by just enough that i go on the stage and have time to recuperate. It works pretty well, but it can be a little chancy i think.

Zone

Smash Champion
Ok Lingy these are your options:

First thing is first though. If you can sweetspot before they get to the edge to edge hog, Do it. If they Are edge hogging already, Don't up+B until you have to. If you can make it into the stage with just a jump and air dodge, that could be a better choice.

Now assuming you have to Up+B.
Above the edge: You have the most options here. You can sweetspot your up B, if you suspect they are going to hold the edge and not jump over quick assuming you tele'd into the middle; Then I suggest Getting as level with zeldas feet to the Stage ground as possible. And Getting as far horizontally into the stage as possible. That way you have less falling time + more distance away from edge. Keep note if they are chasing you don't always choose the same defense. Roll - SPot dodge(Iffy) - Shield are probably the best choices, if they can't catch you fast enough just run away or do w/e cuz now you can reset the approach game.

Now that isn't all you can do above the edge. You can also angle it diagnally into the edge so your character is standing RIGHT on the edge. Sometimes this will give you enough time to shield. Because, if they waited to make sure you hit the ledge, you can probably shield when they finally try and come over and hit you. Or if your opponent memorized your horizontal distance, you can shorten the distance you land on the stage by aiming zelda at the floor. (Don't forget platforms, and other edges if available) Examples: Barrel(Jungle Japes 64), Corneria the Tail part, any platform on platform stages, If you play brinstar enough to know it like a robot, sometimes aiming at the lava intentionally so it pops you up as a hit, so you can tech once u land on land. Assuming you knwo how high the lava will send you. Too high and your asking for a free whooping.

Below the edge: Your kinda boned here. Because you either are going to 1.) Land really close to the edge on ur feet so they can come over and punish your lag(More likely to have falling lag as well). Or you grab the edge and potentially get edge hogged. Avoid this situation by DI'ing up alot when your hit, But careful about doing it, don't wanna star K.O. when you shoulda DI'd different.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
As far as I know, no there isn't. Though, I rarely ever use Zelda. Most of the time I'm sheik just because I like being faster. Though, as long as you can keep distance from your opponents I prefer to be Zelda and you won't need to use the Teleport technique often anyway. That's just my input though. =/

darkatma

Smash Hero
It's possible to platform cancel the upB lag. It's also insanely difficult to master, but when you upB, you can time yourself to land on the edge of the platform or just on a ledge, and the animation cancels your lag.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Be creative. Be able to sweet spot from every angle and also know when to mix in air dodge and other mind games.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
darkmusician i have a question for you when you were going against that falcon i think on dreamland thiers a part of the vid on youtube that you spiked falcon was that you fair ? the did that ? if so did he just DI wrong and if not what move was that here the vid to clearify which one it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupJsvt3x8U

Darkmusician

Smash Master
darkmusician i have a question for you when you were going against that falcon i think on dreamland thiers a part of the vid on youtube that you spiked falcon was that you fair ? the did that ? if so did he just DI wrong and if not what move was that here the vid to clearify which one it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupJsvt3x8U
Hey there. :]

What happened was I hit him with the Forward Air. He ledge teched it but instead of doing a wall tech (the one where you jump afterwards) he just did a falling tech. However, there are situations when even if you tech something the momentum and the force behind the attack is too much and you'll still go flying. In this case the momentum sent him straight down. I've seen similar situations when people get hit by CFs knee and stuff.

Both of us were kinda surprised by it too. So I guess you could say the F-air turned into a spike. Thanks for asking. And thanks for watching. :]

Top Bottom