• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teen Titans: Titans Together

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Can I just send my stuff through Smashboards, S2? I don't really like using Skype and I'm kind of dodging it for a reason right now.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
It appears as though Kata has the last slot.

:phone:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if it's worth anything, you can ask anyone who's run an a-game if i'll be worth a slot. i would love to play.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ryker is right. Stew did say he'd make room for more. It's in the OP! Yay Tom!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i would ****ing love to play with tom after reading about we own the knight

(not that it affects whether he is in or not, just saying reading his report card made me extremely interested in a-games)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Can I just send my stuff through Smashboards, S2? I don't really like using Skype and I'm kind of dodging it for a reason right now.
It's a lot harder for me to cast you if you can't get to me on Skype or AIM. Also this game will take place almost entirely on AIM.

AIM: azumarillbro

I'm glad to have Tom and Smashman in the game. Really great to see a showing from the old players.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Characters are now public. Everybody else please get at me for casting! Once the game begins, this thread can be used for casual chat about the game. You all should know what information to talk about and NOT talk about.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
How to Determine Smashman's Alignment - A Player's Guide by EE(tm):

Smashy is a good guy if:

-He dies trying to rescue a corpse
-That's pretty much it

Smashy is a bad guy if:

-Everything is on fire

Nulltells:

-You have encountered a d***, and it was a really awkward and unnecessary experience
-Miscellaneous gross behavior

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Me too. I'm as excited as I've ever been for an Adventure Game, maybe more than ever. My mind is racing with plans.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I'll be honest just due to my character pool, I do not believe I can really fit more than 18 players fairly. I guess I CAN put more people in but they may not be happy with the kind of roles I can assign left after these 18.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I almost signed up awhile ago, but my schedule can be so irratic I'd be able to commit potentially less time to this than mafia.

Or maybe not cause I don't have to make giant posts and read a thread all day.

This would be hype though. I haven't done an Agame since.... The fog? Or was that before Eor's zombie survival?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Me too. I'm as excited as I've ever been for an Adventure Game, maybe more than ever. My mind is racing with plans.
Racing may be too tame a word. It kinda has been the dominating undertone in what I think about in my free time.

In other news, I'm excited to get a chance to play with you as I hear your fairly good at these things and you plot almost as much as I. Don't let me down.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Stole a computer to make this post. It has a funny origin. I bothered Tom to write this post for EE to use with an AGame he hasn't put out yet because of how new players would be exposed to an environment full of veterans of larger scale games. It's not a replacement for experience, but it should help some people bridge that gap partway.

Tom said:
  1. Understand your Role PM. You will lose the game and look like a fool if you misunderstand information from your Role PM and it costs you (or your allies) the game.
  2. Understand your abilities. What can you do that other players cannot? What are your strengths? And how can you innovate using this ability? If it helps, think about what kind of "special moves" you could create.
  3. Understand your weaknesses. Are you bulletproof? No? Then you will die if you are shot in the head.
  4. Focus on your goal. Is your goal to be the greatest thief in the world? Yes? Then why are you taunting potential enemies over the radio. Is having more enemies going to help you be a great thief? No. Is making connections with fences, thieves, organized crime, and dirty cops going to help you? Go do that. Good job.
  5. Grow. How high can your character jump? 6 feet? By the end of the game, be able to jump 60 feet - and do it in character. Are you a cyborg? Learn to construct armor upgrades. Are you an athlete? Make some money, and hire a kung-fu jumping instructor. Are you half-tiger? Watch National Geographic.
  6. Make alliances. Both with NPCs, and with PCs. Everyone who has ever won an Adventure Game did so with the help of others, even Eor. Recruit goons. Supply someone with guns and ammo. Bail someone out of jail. Hell, sleep with someone.
  7. Watch your back. No one has your win condition except you. Sooner or later, you may come into conflict with anyone else in the game - and you may not even know it has happened. Don't be paranoid, but don't be naive - walk the line between the two, and you will do just fine.
  8. Test the water. Is your goal to get revenge on the crooked CEO of a pharmaceutical conglomerate? Don't show up at his office with a gun. Find out where and when he works, eats, sleeps, plays; who does he know, and who knows him, and who likes him, and who wouldn't mind seeing him dead in a ditch?
  9. Communicate with the Mod. You have no reason to keep secrets from the Mod. If at any point in the game, you feel that you are in competition with the Mod, immediately stop and reassess your actions. If you think up a cool application for your ability or power, use the mod as a sounding-board. Explain what you plan to do, and ask if it would work, and ask how well it would work; just don't ask for freebies. Don't ask, "what can I do with this fire in my hand?," but do ask, "how hot can I make this fire in my hand, and how small can I make it, and would i be able shoot small lines of sun-fire up the someone's nose?"
  10. Roleplay. No one ever died doing what their character was supposed to do. But people have survived against all odds doing it.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
What sort of atmosphere are you shooting for in this game stew? Light hearted like the show or something a bit more serious?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
something a bit more serious
Actually I was originally going to make the subtitle of the game something like Darkest (K see I can do the K joke here too)Nights instead of Titans Together. But then I realized there's no reason to be that edgy and that Titans Together sounds sweet. But yeah you can expect people to die, and crime to be rampant and etc. Jump City's not such a nice place in my mind.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Casting is complete! So at this point I cannot accept any more people inning and if anybody is having a change of mind, now's the time to make it. I thank everybody for signing-up here, I'm really happy with this player list. And you all have been very cooperative.

So what now? For you all, two things will happen before the game starts. You'll receive a Role PM describing your character specific to this game and also we'll have personal beta games to feel out how the characters work and introduce the new players to AGames. In the following days I'll update my reserved post in the thread with public information like Maps, a news report describing what's been going on before time starts in-game, and anything else I figure is relevant.

Also if you have any questions/concerns about your powers don't be afraid to message me. I overlook things.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm ready to crush the competition!

Top Bottom