• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Technique help

zontan

Smash Rookie
Hiya, all. New to the boards, trying to make my Lucas game better. It's working so far, I can beat my friend who mains Marth more than half the time (and after I saw the matchup for those two I was like "yeah! I'm awesome!"). But I have some trouble with actually doing some of the techniques I see on the guides. I use a Gamecube controller with L set to jump, tap jump off, X set to grab, and normal C-stick.

First off, RAR. The only time I have actually been able to pull this off is with B-sticking, which I tried for a while. Without it, I can't do it at all.

Secondly, SH Nair. I can do it well enough, but I can't approach with it correctly. I've seen Lucas players go practically across the stage with these, but if I try I always end up Fairing by accident.

And thirdly, I can't seem to get Lucas to turn around in the air for a PK fire/magnet pull recovery. If he's facing towards the stage when he gets thrown, he just refuses to do it.

Any tips?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Welcome to the boards zontan.

1. Don't know what that is sorry :]
2. SH nair is a lot easier with X or Y button. I would recommend using these instead of L button for approaching with aerials. Giving up grab shouldn't be a problem since lucas' grab isnt very good.
3. Just PK fire in the opposite direction your facing.

Hope I helped :D

Kazz@

Smash Apprentice
RAR = Reverse Aerial Rush

You don't need bsticking for this.

Just dash, quickly turn around, then jump and do whatever aerial. (Preferably Bair)

soccerdude7200

Smash Journeyman
in order to turn around you can do down b and quickly after inputting it, hit the direction that you want to face and he will turnaround, allowing to wavebounce towards the stage and whatnot.

ö&ö&ö&ö

Smash Cadet
being able to SH nair across a stage is a skill that takes a lot of practice; i just got good at it a couple days ago. if you really want to get good at it, you'll need to invest a few hours in practice mode.

if you're recovering, moving towards the stage, and you're also facing the stage, then you should just launch a pk fire behind you (away from the stage) without trying to wavebounce it. the pk fire will push you faster towards the stage, and you can magnet pull off of it.

prOAPC, i've been able to get the last wavebounce by holding the stick completely to the left instead of angling it. i think its easier that way.

ö&ö&ö&ö

Smash Cadet
Sorry for not being specific, I was talking about the control stick. The b-stick needs to be angled, but the control stick can be left.

Top Bottom