• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tech chase options?

goodkid

Smash Lord
D-Throw is really her only one, and don't spam din's fire unless you know what your doing, because you'll get ***** by the lag

Villi

Smash Lord
In order of speed...

Dash attack/Hyphen smash.
Tech chase with lightning kicks are nice. Either time it so your kick is close to the ground or SH a rising bair.
Running grab.
Running into a SH nair works, as does Naryu's.
Shield dashing into dsmash/dtilt.

Zelda is slow as a big turd though, so they'll have to be pretty close for you to even dream of tech chasing them with anything but Din's.

Also, unfortunately everything I listed but SH bair/nair and dtilt are incredibly laggy if you happen to miss. So those three are probably your best options.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
Tech chase with lightning kicks are nice. Either time it so your kick is close to the ground....
Random thought:
in Melee, you could kick at ground level when you were falling, like, you could lightning kick someone holding on to the edge(when your on the stage).... the fact that you can't kick this low in brawl messes me up alot.

I'm sorry I am not able to add much to the conversation, I rarely get chances to tech-chase, people are normally out of the falling state long before they hit the ground.

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I don't know.. It seems that Zelda is just too slow to effectively tech chase except for maybe Dthrow on heavys and fast fallers, but even then DDD can just double jump away. You could follow him up with a full hop Nair, but that's about it. You just have to hope and use Din's Fire effectively.

Top Bottom