• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teams: Zelda and Sheik

Proverbs

Smash Lord
My secondary character is Zelda and my friend's main is Sheik and we like to play teams. In the course of this, one matchup was my Zelda and his Sheik and they turned out to be a really good team. Shiek is extremely quick and can get her attacks out fast--something Zelda can't do. Zelda has a great projectiles, a reflector, and the ability to administer ridiculous knockback and KO at low-ish percents when used correctly. Not only this, but since Sheik has less recovery than Zelda, Zelda can help in two ways. 1) Zelda can use Din's Fire after Sheik uses her up+B to give her another one. 2) I believe the transformation time between Zelda and Sheik is made shorter if another one of them is in the match, allowing him to change to Zelda for Farore's Wind.

Thoughts or comments? I thought this was a really good team set up and wasn't sure what you guys thought of the combination, especially it making Sheik transform faster. (Sorry if this idea is super-old; I know this isn't a discovery, but I wanted to know what the Zeldas thought of a team like this)

S2

Smash Lord
I could see this working.

Mostly because Sheik has aggressive approaches that Zelda lacks. Actually, I could see Zelda being helpful to any fast character that makes up for her weaknesses.

Iris

Smash Ace
Zelda can also destroy opponents if her teammate can get them stuck in a stationary combo, like Sheik's neutral A. It's pretty easy to sweetspot a target that's hardly moving.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's not super old. But i did mention all those things first (scattered around)!!!!!! Except the one about Din's Fire+giving Sheik extra jumps. (not many other people here are as big on team play as i am).
It is indeed an incredible combination.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It´s really fun to read through this threat thanks to april fools... wisdom Wisdom wisdom Wisdom... But that team could work very well. Sheik and Zelda were originally planned so that they fill each other flaws, so in team they should also be able to do this.

Edit: wisdom wisdom

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Oh my gosh!!! April fool's totally got me.
I thought for a second that this was an official idea to 'blend' the characters, since Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom.
Haha. I'm glad i got reminded somewhere safe about april fools.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
A quick question about transformation times in teams: Does the transformation time only become shorter if one of the teammates is in the opposite form of the other at the time (i.e. one person is zelda, one person is sheik, person controlling zelda switches to shiek) or will it work if both of you are in the same form at the same time and one of you tries to transform?

Top Bottom