• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Star Fox call in Krystal for Smash!

jordansweeto

Smash Apprentice
Hey team!

Nintendo just uploaded a new video announcing a Super Smash Bros. tournament around the same time as E3 this year! I wasn't expecting to see Smash in a playable form that soon but I guess they surprised us all (unless I'm missing something haha)

Nevertheless, this is a great opportunity for us to show our support for Krystal as a playable character in the comment section of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpFgh36jb88

This E3 is gonna be really crazy I think!

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Hello all, been a supporter of Krystal getting into Smash ever since Brawl, and she is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, so wanted to join this forum to also show my support, good to meet all of you :)

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see more people still showing up does this mean the twitter is working? this should definitely be our current focus, only places where nintendo can hear us are important and well this is an official media channel so definitely worth a few shots, we should go in and comment so it doesn't just look like sweeto is alone asking for the vixen. Weird that some people are surprised that it was going to show up at e3, then again some people were thinking they were gonna wait till 2020 to pop out a smash brothers game. So you never know with people. I'm still expecting one reveal, or combined reveal for characters before E3, I wouldn't bet on SF until during, or after E3 as I wouldn't be certain that the characters are finished, SF was considered last in brawl, clearly so in Smash 4, so why wouldn't they do it again? in any case let's keep making some noise. In end it doesn't matter how little chance you think she has, it's just about making her heard that she's desired. Because if you don't ask the answer is always no.st about making her heard that she's desired. Because if you don't ask the answer is always no.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo announces Star Fox Adventures HD or Star Fox Assault HD, does that have any effect on Krystal's inclusion in Smash?
I wouldn't bet on those, and it wouldn't unless Sakurai knew about it during roster selection, now one of those will likely be on the VC service, and it could give Krystal an extra excuse to be in the DLC cycle if she's not already.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey team!

Nintendo just uploaded a new video announcing a Super Smash Bros. tournament around the same time as E3 this year! I wasn't expecting to see Smash in a playable form that soon but I guess they surprised us all (unless I'm missing something haha)

Nevertheless, this is a great opportunity for us to show our support for Krystal as a playable character in the comment section of the video:

The game is coming out, this year, by the way. I am just assuming you were not aware because you are surprised that it would be playable by e3.

Glad to see more people still showing up does this mean the twitter is working? this should definitely be our current focus, only places where nintendo can hear us are important and well this is an official media channel so definitely worth a few shots, we should go in and comment so it doesn't just look like sweeto is alone asking for the vixen. Weird that some people are surprised that it was going to show up at e3, then again some people were thinking they were gonna wait till 2020 to pop out a smash brothers game. So you never know with people. I'm still expecting one reveal, or combined reveal for characters before E3, I wouldn't bet on SF until during, or after E3 as I wouldn't be certain that the characters are finished, SF was considered last in brawl, clearly so in Smash 4, so why wouldn't they do it again? in any case let's keep making some noise. In end it doesn't matter how little chance you think she has, it's just about making her heard that she's desired. Because if you don't ask the answer is always no.st about making her heard that she's desired. Because if you don't ask the answer is always no.
At this point, I believe it is fair to say that Star Fox characters are usually unlockable. Even if Krystal made it in, we would probably not find out before launch unless there was a leak.

If Nintendo announces Star Fox Adventures HD or Star Fox Assault HD, does that have any effect on Krystal's inclusion in Smash?
Um, yes? Specifically Adventures. I would change my 1% to a 100% if they did that.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
The game is coming out, this year, by the way. I am just assuming you were not aware because you are surprised that it would be playable by e3.

At this point, I believe it is fair to say that Star Fox characters are usually unlockable. Even if Krystal made it in, we would probably not find out before launch unless there was a leak.

Um, yes? Specifically Adventures. I would change my 1% to a 100% if they did that.
Duck Hunt was an unlockable character and It had a reveal trailer, don't really see how that makes a difference. Any trailer that could bring hype is something I could see, Krystal herself likely wouldn't ALONE that is. I'm pretty interested to see which characters they'll have playable in their demo. As you know they're going to have someone that could bring in some real hype.

Morbi

Scavenger
Duck Hunt was an unlockable character and It had a reveal trailer, don't really see how that makes a difference. Any trailer that could bring hype is something I could see, Krystal herself likely wouldn't ALONE that is. I'm pretty interested to see which characters they'll have playable in their demo. As you know they're going to have someone that could bring in some real hype.
If they do the trailer reveals like last time, there is not much time for it unless the list of newcomers is quite small, but regardless, we never got to see that trailer in the public and I feel as though if the circumstances were the same, that would be the case for Krystal.

It is probably going to be very similar to the first invitational. A lot of OG characters, some mainstays such as Peach and Zelda, whatever third party character they reveal at the event, and probably Inklings.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
Hey team!

I hit that video up and posted a comment! I most certainly do expect a crazy E3 this year.
Hello all, been a supporter of Krystal getting into Smash ever since Brawl, and she is one of my favorite Nintendo characters, so wanted to join this forum to also show my support, good to meet all of you :)
AYYY! Good to see long time supporters coming back into the fray. We could always use the extra numbers... especially now! ^^
Ahhh another adventures fan! *High Five*. I would be so happy if we somehow at some point got a new adventures game(my favorite in the franchise to be honest). Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would like to have another game where we could play with our favorite characters for longer periods of time than we usually got with the rail shooters. I would also like another game like assault at some point. Ideally if we got a split of adventures/on-rail shooters with some ground segments(done well this time). 64/Zero is a step backwards at this point and I think Nintendo knows this at this point.
I think the reveals at E3 will be for shock value. They will show big time fan favorites to keep their momentum going throughout their conference at E3. Big name picks like K. Rool, Ridley, Krystal/Wolf(we can dream can't we?) and maybe dixie? I think they would use their big cards at E3. That's just my thoughts on it since their plan is to keep people buying switches(possibly multiple). And catering to fan favorites I think would have that effect on switches and I am pretty sure Smash is the big game they will be focusing on at E3 this year. Maybe we will see some Metroid Prime 4 and that will be cool!

Edit - Oh and here is something I did for fun for you guys in VR!

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to say what we'll get at E3, but we're bound to get a character trailer before then anyway, there's bound to be like 10 added fighters or more for Smash Switch, with that many fighters I don't see a reason why Krystal wouldn't be added, how many viable requests with popularity are there? The biggest thing would be them ignoring Nintendo picks in favor of large amounts of third party characters. Like let's all come up with a list of 10 "likely" picks
1. Ridley (relevant, the most ferverous request, nintendo persay pushes for him)
2. King K Rool (likely the second most popular behind Ridley, could drive hype in tandem with Ridley)
3. Wolf (the most popular cut veteran, and likely the third most popular request)
4. Rex & Pyra (development line up, likely looked interesting)
5. Urbosa (dev favorite so that's who they'd push for, BotW likely looked interesting)
6. Inkling (already added but it counts for the list)
7. Ice Climbers (veteran cut at the last second, don't see why they wouldn't come back)
8. WTF Pick (unpredictable sakurai pick for the sake of argument)
9. Some hype driving third party (god knows who it'll be)
10. Krystal (see? it's not too unrealistic for her to make it in with this many fighters)

10 is even a somewhat lower number than what we usually get with a sequel, so it could be even MORE fighters, which just raises her chances, this doesn't even factor DLC which will likely be a mix of trending characters and whichever fan favorites they want to milk extra money off of. It's just as they go along they start scraping deeper into the barrel for characters, and Krystal's merits stop having so much competition then.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
It's hard to say what we'll get at E3, but we're bound to get a character trailer before then anyway, there's bound to be like 10 added fighters or more for Smash Switch, with that many fighters I don't see a reason why Krystal wouldn't be added, how many viable requests with popularity are there? The biggest thing would be them ignoring Nintendo picks in favor of large amounts of third party characters. Like let's all come up with a list of 10 "likely" picks
1. Ridley (relevant, the most ferverous request, nintendo persay pushes for him)
2. King K Rool (likely the second most popular behind Ridley, could drive hype in tandem with Ridley)
3. Wolf (the most popular cut veteran, and likely the third most popular request)
4. Rex & Pyra (development line up, likely looked interesting)
5. Urbosa (dev favorite so that's who they'd push for, BotW likely looked interesting)
6. Inkling (already added but it counts for the list)
7. Ice Climbers (veteran cut at the last second, don't see why they wouldn't come back)
8. WTF Pick (unpredictable sakurai pick for the sake of argument)
9. Some hype driving third party (god knows who it'll be)
10. Krystal (see? it's not too unrealistic for her to make it in with this many fighters)

10 is even a somewhat lower number than what we usually get with a sequel, so it could be even MORE fighters, which just raises her chances, this doesn't even factor DLC which will likely be a mix of trending characters and whichever fan favorites they want to milk extra money off of. It's just as they go along they start scraping deeper into the barrel for characters, and Krystal's merits stop having so much competition then.
I don't want to take this too far off topic, but I feel like there are so many more potential candidates this time around compared to Sm4sh. If true, this means the proverbial competition in terms of potential characters is hotter than ever. In other words, I'm not entirely sure that bodes well for characters like Krystal (or heck, even other popular characters who just aren't marketable or relevant in some shame or form like K. Rool [and this comes from someone who hates the "relevancy" argument]).

Barring Inklings, Nintendo has many other new IPs, 3rd parties, and older IPs with new/refreshed content to draw from (not in any particular order):

1. ARMS
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (like you mentioned -- HOPEFULLY not Rex but unfortunately most likely [other characters/blades more interesting IMO])
3. Fire Emblem (either Shadows of Valentia or new upcoming Switch game)
4. BotW (like you mentioned)
5. Mario Odyssey(?)
6. Rabbids (can't forget they LITERALLY made a crossover with Mario -- could be WTF pull)
7. Crash Bandicoot (as per the recent direct)
8. Cut Smash veterans

I'm likely forgetting many others. The Switch has been so on fire that it's difficult to keep track of everything involving it.

Heck, this isn't even considering the possibility of INDIE game characters. I believe it is now more than ever likely that we will receive indie representation in Smash. Nintendo has really been hammering in the support for indie games on the Switch. I mean, even Undertale made its way on there!

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to take this too far off topic, but I feel like there are so many more potential candidates this time around compared to Sm4sh. If true, this means the proverbial competition in terms of potential characters is hotter than ever. In other words, I'm not entirely sure that bodes well for characters like Krystal (or heck, even other popular characters who just aren't marketable or relevant in some shame or form like K. Rool [and this comes from someone who hates the "relevancy" argument]).

Barring Inklings, Nintendo has many other new IPs, 3rd parties, and older IPs with new/refreshed content to draw from (not in any particular order):

1. ARMS
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (like you mentioned -- HOPEFULLY not Rex but unfortunately most likely [other characters/blades more interesting IMO])
3. Fire Emblem (either Shadows of Valentia or new upcoming Switch game)
4. BotW (like you mentioned)
5. Mario Odyssey(?)
6. Rabbids (can't forget they LITERALLY made a crossover with Mario -- could be WTF pull)
7. Crash Bandicoot (as per the recent direct)
8. Cut Smash veterans

I'm likely forgetting many others. The Switch has been so on fire that it's difficult to keep track of everything involving it.

Heck, this isn't even considering the possibility of INDIE game characters. I believe it is now more than ever likely that we will receive indie representation in Smash. Nintendo has really been hammering in the support for indie games on the Switch. I mean, even Undertale made its way on there!
I feel like I addressed this already with the "viable" component to my argument, but I'll address these individually
1. ARMS, I doubt it lined up with the roster selection, and the game hasn't done all that well to make DLC, but if it does, it's one of the few on this list that seem realistic.
2. for XC2, it's going to be the protagonist or no-one, it's just the pecking order for character selection. pretty good chance though.
3. FE has too many characters, there's no reason to continue to advertise it either as it's quite successful, it also has Heroes making a nice advertisement setup for it, even sakurai said corrin was too much, unlikely that we're getting Celica/Alm
4. BotW is pretty legendary, and likely lines up with development, even though it's a one-off I could see characters from it.
5. who would be from odyssey? I can't think of anyone who you could even make a kit for, even pulling one out of their ass
6. I don't think people would appreciate any of the Rabbids over Rayman, who had the fake leak to sky rocket his popularity
7. He's a third party character, I don't know if he has the draw but over Banjo he's going to be appearing on the switch, depends on whether or not Sakurai was aware and if there was a high request for him in the ballot.
8. There's only two smash vets cut that anyone wants so that doesn't take up mcuh space.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Doomguy could be the Hype 3rd Party pick, I mean most people have heard of Doom, and Doom 4 was on the Switch, instant promotion

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
8. There's only two smash vets cut that anyone wants so that doesn't take up mcuh space.
Out of all the cut veterans, I can think of three who actually have a large support base, being Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake. Which two were you referring to?

Squirtle and Ivysaur as standalone characters have some support for them, but I wouldn't say its as large as the previous three. Technically you can fit the idea of those two merging with Charizard to make the Pokemon Trainer again, but that one isn't super popular, either.

Young Link and Pichu have pretty small support bases, based off my knowledge. Which is predictable, seeing as they're both clones.

Last edited:

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the cut veterans, I can think of three who actually have a large support base, being Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Snake. Which two were you referring to?

Squirtle and Ivysaur as standalone characters have some support for them, but I wouldn't say its as large as the previous three. Technically you can fit the idea of those two merging with Charizard to make the Pokemon Trainer again, but that one isn't super popular, either.

Young Link and Pichu have pretty small support bases, based off my knowledge. Which is predictable, seeing as they're both clones.
I was referring to Wolf and Ice Climbers, the rest have alot of issues. Anyhoo this isn't a veteran discussion thread. The point was to illustrate when you apply a lot of serious reasoning behind selection combined with the considerable amount of newcomers, you run out of great options pretty quickly, and I bet this Smash will have even more newcomers than the others, due to it's almost certain basis on smash 4/5, it's the only way to prevent cuts with it being this large, and we get like 13 newcomers approx per game, I forgot a pokemon rep, but that fits snuggly with that. Is the character marketable? are they important to the franchise they're from? is the franchise still going, if not do they have considerable significance elsewhere? Do they have something unique that they can add to the roster? Do they have popularity? Do they have a legacy with Nintendo, If not how profitable would their inclusion be to the company? Third parties have considerable hoops to jump through but can be worth doing, and Indies have a plethora of issues to jump through. So in short there's definitely characters people make noise for, but only so many that are really worth while and Krystal is really not as super unrealistic as she's made out to be, there's just people in-line infront of her, But I think some people would consider this line to be a bit more inclusive than it is, Sure it's ridiculous to try and place too many rules, even based on patterns like these are, because if the company decides it's worthwhile they can do it. But I don't think that stands to mean that this checklist is completely inaccurate either.

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
3. FE has too many characters, there's no reason to continue to advertise it either as it's quite successful, it also has Heroes making a nice advertisement setup for it, even sakurai said corrin was too much, unlikely that we're getting Celica/Alm
You seem to underestimate the power of Sakurai bias. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if every other newcomer is a fire emblem character. :secretkpop:

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
You seem to underestimate the power of Sakurai bias. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if every other newcomer is a fire emblem character. :secretkpop:
Yeah... There's a reason we got "Super Fire Emblem Brothers and Friends" on the wii u/3ds... you're absolutely right! rip Smash Bros! lol

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
If he had worked on that Star Fox, we might have been the ones tipping the scales with Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, Pigma and Panther.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If he had worked on that Star Fox, we might have been the ones tipping the scales with Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, Pigma and Panther.
****. That stings.

Maybe after Smash Switch, he'll go back to the idea of working with Star Fox and make a new game for the series. Hopefully one that continues with the timeline and actually sells.

Then in Smash 2025, we'll have a shot at some better Star Fox treatment.

Smokey21

Smash Apprentice
****. That stings.

Maybe after Smash Switch, he'll go back to the idea of working with Star Fox and make a new game for the series. Hopefully one that continues with the timeline and actually sells.

Then in Smash 2025, we'll have a shot at some better Star Fox treatment.
I don't know what stings worse after reading that. lol

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have an inkling (Woomy!) that Nintendo has a Star Fox in the works for switch, using the assets of SFZ to get a head start.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If I'm to be honest, I'm almost nervous at the idea of Star Fox having a Switch game in the works already.

Granted, as a Star Fox fan, I'd be excited to see a game on the Switch in the first place.

But this next game absolutely has to do well. The series has been on the decline for a while now, and I don't want it to suffer the fate of F-Zero.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah but so is Wolf. At least Pichu, with some upside over Pikachu added, could be a more interesting clone.

Sakurai could never ignore Kirby and Kid Icarus like that :p.

But this next game absolutely has to do well. The series has been on the decline for a while now, and I don't want it to suffer the fate of F-Zero.
Don't be ridiculous. Nintendo only stopped producing F-Zero games because they ran out of gimmicks to slap onto it.
They'd never do that with Star Fox

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
I have an inkling (Woomy!) that Nintendo has a Star Fox in the works for switch, using the assets of SFZ to get a head start.
I hadn't considered them using SFZ contents to try and make a new game, I wouldn't expect it do all that well even if they avoided an obnoxious control gimmick, It's not the same as a fighting game which boils down to it's character roster. But hey if it improves Krystal's chance for smash I don't even care lol. But I do expect one to be in development, the history of the franchise seems like it was always on his mind, Starfox was made, then they went to SF2, and despite scrapping that they still quickly made SF64, that went into adventures quickly, then to assault, then to command, and despite it not happening he looked right into a Wii title, stopped it not being satisfied with the control scheme so he shelved it, then brought it back out for the Wii U, isn't it ironic the thing he cared about the most was the most negative aspect of the game? So I'd say it's certainly possible there's something going on there, But from the looks of things previous devs don't seem to know what's going on, IE Dylan and Giles, which is probably a good thing, because according to that 25th thing they wanted to drop the ambitions of the sequels and go back to the roots, Which is weird because the article mentions that likely not working for the franchise in a manner. No idea who's on it but they seem like they're still attached to Plat with all the bayo support so, why not? I think Kamiya is disinterested in SF so Hashimoto might be on it. But perhaps we'll find out soon enough, I doubt the game would affect the base roster of Smash 6 though. Anyhoo Zero being 2 years old and the potential for a new game on the horizon it could be great for SF characters, Miyamoto ain't retired yet, I bet he came up with something for Nintendo's hybrid, I just hope the gimmick ain't TOO bad lol.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Yeah but so is Wolf. At least Pichu, with some upside over Pikachu added, could be a more interesting clone.
We've been over this. Wolf's not a clone or semi-clone.

Watch this. If you still feel that Wolf's a clone, than you're beyond attempting to reason with.

Don't be ridiculous. Nintendo only stopped producing F-Zero games because they ran out of gimmicks to slap onto it.
They'd never do that with Star Fox
As with any game, poor sales and reception can make or break a series. Star Fox is no exception. Now, do I think Zero killed the franchise? No, but Nintendo has said that they're going to have to be really careful with Star Fox next time. It's certainly possible that one more poorly done installment in the series could seriously hurt its future.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Watch this. If you still feel that Wolf's a clone, than you're beyond attempting to reason with.
Well I guess I'm beyond attempting to reason with, then, because that video makes him look more on par with Ganondorf than Luigi, not even close to his own character.

As with any game, poor sales and reception can make or break a series. Star Fox is no exception. Now, do I think Zero killed the franchise? No, but Nintendo has said that they're going to have to be really careful with Star Fox next time. It's certainly possible that one more poorly done installment in the series could seriously hurt its future.
Sorry, this one I was a little less serious on but my point with it still stands. Star Fox has routinely been treated as hardware testing grounds and, while that doesn't always work out well for the series, canning Star Fox because of it isn't going to solve the problem when the problem isn't entirely the fault of the IP to begin with.

And, if fans' reaction to the constant rehashing of 64's formula is anything to go by, playing things safe is just as much of a recipe for disaster. What the series needs is mechanical progression without abandoning its root genre.

Nintendo have done this recently with Zelda and Mario so we just have to hope that they don't get too disheartened by Zero's experimentation and return to stagnation.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman

If the next game doesn't work well i'm certain the series will be shelved, Even with how much nintendo respects Miyamoto I couldn't imagine them greenlighting a game that would do as poorly as this next game could do. I also don't quite understand why this is such a big argument in the Wolf community about his status as a clone or not, It hardly matters because he's one of the most desired characters. But he's definitely a character with derivative frame data, even if he's mostly different. Clones are a scale of how derivative they are, Lucina is the most derivative, even having no different moves, to the least derivative Wolf, who's "about 70% of the effort" of an original character, that's still not 100%, and that's the reason he was chosen over Krystal, Most people hate clones yes, but Wolf is the glaring exception to this rule, amusingly even Wolf supporters aren't considered furries like Krystal supporters are, It's just semantics anyway.

Well I guess I'm beyond attempting to reason with, then, because that video makes him look more on par with Ganondorf than Luigi, not even close to his own character.

Sorry, this one I was a little less serious on but my point with it still stands. Star Fox has routinely been treated as hardware testing grounds and, while that doesn't always work out well for the series, canning Star Fox because of it isn't going to solve the problem when the problem isn't entirely the fault of the IP to begin with.

And, if fans' reaction to the constant rehashing of 64's formula is anything to go by, playing things safe is just as much of a recipe for disaster. What the series needs is mechanical progression without abandoning its root genre.

Nintendo have done this recently with Zelda and Mario so we just have to hope that they don't get too disheartened by Zero's experimentation and return to stagnation.
they aren't going to stop experimenting, even after Zero that's what Hashimoto said it was about, People didn't want the landmaster but he said it was his favorite part, So it's never going to fully return to it's roots, and it shouldn't, But it's getting harder to justify spending time on the franchise when no one buys the games. It'd be pretty funny though to have a game that operates fully identically to an older starfox game and put Krystal in it.

Anyhoo I'm still thinking that the potential dual reveal will happen later rather than sooner, and may be held off for DLC, It's hard to say. I'm looking forward to it though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ironic considering I think Wolf is the second half of a *lot* more pairings than the vixen here.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Words cannot describe my confusion with this statement, but to each their own, I suppose.

Now this is something we can agree on. Star Fox is absolutely capable of outgrowing 64's shadow, but the only way they can do so is by doing exactly what you said, finding mechanical progression without abandoning its root genre.

I think Star Fox 2's and Star Fox Zero's Walker and Zero's Gyrowing made for good vehicle-based progression, offering a different taste of game-play. Personally, I feel Star Fox: Assault's mix of vehicle and on-foot combat was the best route to take the series, and definitely something I'd love to see make a return.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I call sexism, with the general assumption being that you can't like a female character and not have a sexual interest in them.
Eh? I have seen a lot of people who enjoyed Gruntilda, I know at the end she becomes more attractive; however, somehow I doubt that is what they were alluding to given the context of the entire game. The real reason is because Fox's do not have human breasts and yet Krystal does. It would probably be the same if Wolf was shirtless with pronounced abs. I am, obviously, not saying that their claims are valid, but it is a bit more complex than "sexism."

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Dude, as a straight man, I would love shirtless, big abs Wolf.
I do believe you just nullified the first part of that statement. Really I guess it just comes down the fans being mostly straight men and not recognizing the fact that furries are all over the place on sexualities. She was however presented mostly in the manner of a sex object, and she has a swath of fan content that agrees with this. Yet this apparently only a bad thing for her because of her being furry, because I guess that's still bad or something. Speaking of straight men and weird vaguely homosexual opinions, we like the weirdest stuff, Yet somehow a character who strikes weird fantasies, who was supposed to be sexy is bad? Opinions are weird. Anyhoo it's not all about sex at all, There's no way she'd had/have all this support for smash brothers if that's all it was, people believe in her potential to ascend above it, and that's what most of us I'd say want to accomplish. Because honestly her being a good smash fighter it's pretty damn high on the list of what I'd consider a mark of accomplishment on a character.

Gagnetar

Smash Journeyman
Following back on my twitter post I started browsing the requests on the waybackmachine, for some reason I thought It only had 50 entries that he shared... well I'm in 240 requests. I was able to actually find the Krystal requests that it mentioned, one of them stood out to me, and I guess it stood out to Sakurai aswell since they published them and he responded to some of those he posted. It's google translated so you can't really judge it fully lol Crystal request two.png
Speaking of that I found a few more interesting things reading this, considering my previous posts there were several ones that I skimmed through that talked about ZSS being sexy, clearly the fans enjoying. That wouldn't mean anything if it wasn't something the company, and likely Sakurai himself seemed completely fine with brazenly displaying, Bayonetta also shows that. And he also replied to someone, provided it wasn't in the context of characters, but touched upon things being good for one person are bad for another person, and that you should strive for kindness, But perhaps it could apply to characters? I also found what looked like Sakurai's old rules, saying they need a nintendo legacy, and can't be manga characters lol.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Following back on my twitter post I started browsing the requests on the waybackmachine, for some reason I thought It only had 50 entries that he shared... well I'm in 240 requests. I was able to actually find the Krystal requests that it mentioned, one of them stood out to me, and I guess it stood out to Sakurai aswell since they published them and he responded to some of those he posted. It's google translated so you can't really judge it fully lol View attachment 139559
Speaking of that I found a few more interesting things reading this, considering my previous posts there were several ones that I skimmed through that talked about ZSS being sexy, clearly the fans enjoying. That wouldn't mean anything if it wasn't something the company, and likely Sakurai himself seemed completely fine with brazenly displaying, Bayonetta also shows that. And he also replied to someone, provided it wasn't in the context of characters, but touched upon things being good for one person are bad for another person, and that you should strive for kindness, But perhaps it could apply to characters? I also found what looked like Sakurai's old rules, saying they need a nintendo legacy, and can't be manga characters lol.
Omg, what's the link to that page? I forgot that some of the requests were published. Very interesting! Krystal always did have her fans in Japan and now they're asking for to be in Smash Bros Switch. This particular fan says that if she's on the roster, it's a guaranteed buy.

Mr. Brownstone said that she's also pretty popular in Germany, which was something I wasn't expecting at all. It's good to see fans across the globe coming together to share a common interest.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hypothetical: Wolf and Krystal get into Smash Switch but one is DLC. Which one would it be?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I'd rather get Krystal in the base game and Wolf as DLC. Krystal seems far more interesting in particular if she were to use the Staff.

Top Bottom