• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TEAM DAT PRESENTS!!! ( under construction )

RAM

Smash Lord
Smash Retreat 08

What is Smash Retreat?

I'm pretty sure you have been to tourny's and had the chance to meet some kick *** ppl in the southern smash community and wish you could hang with them some more. One problem they live in a diffrent state. The purpose of this retreat is not to only smash with cool southern peeps but to have a hell of a good time hanging out.

This thread will be updated as often as possible with new info regarding this trip.

When

This trip will take place sometime late Feb or early Mar so there's ton's of time to prep for this if you're interested. I'll try to get a defenite date within the next month so ppl can ask for time off, this is something you def would'nt want to miss.

Still in the hunt for a location, we should def have a spot within the week or 2 so just try to bare with us.

Agenda

Since this is a 3 day trip with each night ending with smashfests up the anal and the final day ending with a Brawl tourney for doubles, singles and maybe even crews or low tiers if time allows. I'm trying to find some mid day activities for day 1 and 2. I really want the first day to begin with a water park. but whatever I can find due to location I will update this section later.

Prices

I'll update this section when I find a location as well. I'll even post the prices for day 1 and day 2 activites so you'll know how much you'll need.

Brawl tourney

10 for singles
10 for doubles ( 10 per teammate )

Pot split ( singles/doubles )

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Tourney Rules ( subject to changes since there are'nt any set rules for Brawl tourney's yet )

- BYOC but you knew that.

- Try to be on your best behavior cause we don't want to get kicked out of the hotel.

- No controller mods ( custom colors are allowed )- I'm sure no one ever do this but still rules are rules and any controller mods like programmed buttons will result in a forfeit of the match.

- no pausing during a match unless a really good reason come into play, consistent pausing will result in a forfeit of that match.

just keep in mind that alot of rules will change because Brawl will probably be totally diffrent from melee. So the longer the game is out the more knowledge we will have, thus leading to the smoother operation of the tourney. I"m done with the thread for today. but if you're state have some kick *** attractions or W/E just PM me or just post in this thread.

Prac352

Smash Lord
Sounds pretty **** sweet. Will confirm attendance once you get us some details.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Sounds like a kick-*** idea, I'll definitely try to go once more details are released.

RAM

Smash Lord
Did'nt I meet you at Smashaids Jx? I did'nt get the pleasure of meeting you thou GApeach. hopefully that will happen.

None the less I'm glad ppl are interested. This have never been done before so I'm hoping for a big turnout.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Did'nt I meet you at Smashaids Jx? I did'nt get the pleasure of meeting you thou GApeach. hopefully that will happen.

None the less I'm glad ppl are interested. This have never been done before so I'm hoping for a big turnout.
I couldn't make it to smashaid sadly, I did see you at G4S4 though.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
taylorhj-

this sounds sweet. how will the tourney be run? like different matches in each room or set up tvs outside or something?

Mocha19

Smash Journeyman
I wanna be part of this. I've been feeling like wanting to play more and have fun and stuff. Plus I wanna see everyone again and hang out.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
i would really like to go to this and i prolly will

keep us posted RAM :]

also, will we be playing melee? or just brawl

BoomStick

Smash Journeyman
We'll be playing nothing but smash 64 and Pac-man VS. Details to come.

just remember freddy..if you come. I'm gonna **** you.

And this will be my first time smashing after my trip overseas!!

Entreri

Smash Cadet
taylorhj-

gl boom, dont let anything bad happen.

freddy idk how you're going to get there. my car is full

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Yes PACMAN VS. is the **** and it will be here in my hands with the free gameboy advance my friend gave me, and the free cable my other friend gave me when i was like 12 all here next Monday.

Watch out freddy when boom gets back from Iraq he will definitely be horny sooo yea your *** is his freddy.

This is a really cool idea gotta give props to my buddy Ram......

he has asked me to help him sorta co plan and find a location for this sooo yea I need to do that :D

Somewhere near a water park and a big mall maybe. Also a nice hotel that isn't too expensive that we can get like 4 to 6 people per room comfortably.

I hope to see all the smash communities here for this when Feb rolls around. All the smash in the south uniting and having fun. This has awsome written all over it.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Best idea I've heard in a long time.

we'll need a keg and/or open bar available. ;)

RAM

Smash Lord
taylorhj-

gl boom, dont let anything bad happen.

freddy idk how you're going to get there. my car is full
**** Taylor your car is full already??? who is coming with you??? put Freddy in the trunk.

Manko I have'nt heard from you in ages. yes drinksies should def be at this. Who else is actually 21 or older besides me?

John- I'm counting on you for this man ^_^ alot of peeps became interested really fast.

Entreri

Smash Cadet
taylor-

me kyle vaughn and tim

freddy wont fit in the trunk there is a speaker box that takes up the whole thing.

but thats kindof a mind game. id rather not ride 3 + 1/2 hours with freddirck, no offense.

SetsumA

Smash Apprentice
wait a secound... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH

ill prolly have my own car by then thank you very much.
but whats with the @$$hole comment taylor?

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
Why with the flaming and offensiveness in here??

this is a place for friends and friendship.......

No need to give each other the business.......

freddy better come he will be boomstick's guest of honor.... in the butt...... <_<

All I can really say is save up money now everyone because if you want to do everything it will be eating 3 meals for 4 ish dasys and also a water park and a mall plus gas and hotel and the actual tournament..... soooooo save money NOW!!!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
LOL @ UKWES thinking it has to do with Dat man

Team Dat seems to be our new crew name.... or atleast one we are considering....

also @ IHSB:
That could be doable Jack, but who knows if we will need that many 21 year olds. We will have Manko, Ram, LA guys, hrmmmmm maybe more 21 year olds =)

GA Peach

Smash Lord

i hope so. that way we can get some Roy/Luigi action going. it'll be a blast, i'm sure :)

RAM

Smash Lord
So wait, what does this have to do with Datman?
Nothing old chum I say the word DAT in place of other words in my sentences for fun. ( inside crew joke ) UK treating you right Wes?

- IHSB when is your B-day in March? cause I'll make 23 on the 7th ( **** I"M OLD )

Hopefully Drumma and I will find a hot spot this Saturday and update the first page for more info. so everyone just keep up with this page and thanks for all the support.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Nothing old chum I say the word DAT in place of other words in my sentences for fun. ( inside crew joke ) UK treating you right Wes?

- IHSB when is your B-day in March? cause I'll make 23 on the 7th ( **** I"M OLD )

Hopefully Drumma and I will find a hot spot this Saturday and update the first page for more info. so everyone just keep up with this page and thanks for all the support.
Mine's the 6th, joint b-day party FTW?

Prac352

Smash Lord

Mine's the 6th, joint b-day party FTW?
I'll be 20 on the 7th. ^_^

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO Ram this sh*t you thoght of is of the chain, good sh*t man. You know I down for this.

RAM

Smash Lord
Update for a location on page 1.

we can easily fill the activity agenda!!! Besides the day agenda you all know we have several options at night. these are just a few.

1.) Smash
2.) Drink
3.) Drink and Smash

Next step would be to check Hotel prices. I'll try to get the best prices as possible so as many peeps can come to this as possible. I'll keep everyone posted on more updates, until then this is all I have for now. Check this thread out in a few days.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Atlanta is like a 6-7 hour drive from where I live =x so it's probably like at least another hour or two for our LA friends. I can't think of a different place though.

RAM

Smash Lord
I thought it was a shorter drive for you Chad. If Florida was'nt so far for your crew it could have been here. Fear not we'll just find a closer spot then I guess.

Top Bottom