• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAUNTING IS FOR NOOBS yes or no? vote now! :D

Snakeey

Smash Rookie
We all know every character in brawl has got 3 different taunts. please give me your opinion about this:

"Taunting is for Noobs"

For example: :("yes, Taunting is Noobish because, it's a waste of time and you may be attacked when the enemy recovers or when the enemy respawns "

My opinion: :)" No, Taunting is cool because you make your enemy mad (enemy -> :mad:)(it 'll F*ck him up) "

*Ive you're an Anti-Taunter please convince me. USE BECAUSE, (like in my example)* *Same goes for the Taunters: USE BECAUSE,*

Again, im working on my english:)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Where did this question come from?

At a broader view, taunting when an enemy dies gives you a better score.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
once you see Mach dash and hiko locked in a tight taunting battle in the middle of a semi-final tourney match, you can never think that taunting is noobish.

I mean, Imagine two of some of the best players in the world, standing next to each other and taunting repeatedly, to see who'll get annoyed first and attack.

T.U.C.

Smash Apprentice
san huh.. Thread starter you need to think first for that you make a thread. Taunts are just the thing you do when you kill someone what would you do else? and some taunts are useful, like luigis kirbys. I can understand you don't like taunts if you main a character like Samus, who can charge up the charge shot, but if your someone else like Marth you can't do such a thing.

Snakeey

Smash Rookie
san huh.. Thread starter you need to think first for that you make a thread. Taunts are just the thing you do when you kill someone what would you do else? and some taunts are useful, like luigis kirbys. I can understand you don't like taunts if you main a character like Samus, who can charge up the charge shot, but if your someone else like Marth you can't do such a thing.
don't worry guys he only acts dangerous hes just a normal skin coloured kirby irl

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Taunting annoys the player, can get him/her to become frustrated and lose concentration, equaling -1 stock for him/her*!

*Never happened before

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Liek, Luigi's taunt is teh best way to edgeguard EVAR!
Seriously though, you have something better to do while the opponent is respawning?

espio87

Smash Ace
I remember when playing melee I was using Cpt Falcon and everytime I ko'd my friend or I had the chance I taunted him. He complained saying "Stop doing that, it's annoying!" but I kept doing it anyway because it made him angry and lose focus and Falcon sounds so cool when he says "Show your moves":grin:

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Well, yea, you can get hit by your opponent when taunting if he respawns in time (its happened to all of us), but the whole thats the whole point of a taunt, to be like "yea, Im so much better than you, I can just stand here and gesture at you and you still cant win" (or something like that >_>)

So no, I dont think taunting is for noobs, though personally, since I play as shiek, I use the time I have after I kill my opponent to charge my needles, but I always taunt on the last life

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Of course it's not for n00bs. Nothing counters a Falcon Punch like an annoying bell. :)

Robble

Smash Cadet
Taunting is for people who want to switch from Samus to Zamus during the fight. Duh.

Oh, and for making Luigi do the best taunt ever.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
A taunt used in the right moment can piss your opponent even when he doesnt show it, and it helps to disrupt their concentration.

but also you can get *** kicked if done reckelssly .

taunt for noobs? nah... is for cool guys :D

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Taunting is reserved for pros. noobs shouldn't attempt it. much too dangerous. :p

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Show me your moves now has a suitable sidekick, and his name is "COME ON!"

Top Bottom