• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAUNTING IS FOR NOOBS yes or no? vote now! :D

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's okay to taunt because it plays mindgames on your opponent and it feels satisfying. However, some characters like Mewtwo and Sheik in Melee would be better off spending that taunting time charging their needles and energy.

abectevolution

Smash Cadet
Yeah I suppose it depends on the character, but in general... if you can pull off a taunt in the middle of kicking ***, I think it shows alot of skill.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Taunting is part of the game.
You can never go wrong with trash talk.(even though its not technocally trash talk, but you get my point)

S2

Smash Lord
At TG6 Captain Jack demonstrated what taunts are best used for...

taunting the opponent when he's not going to die. As he's trying to recover, but giving you enough time to still edge-guard.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Taunting is not for noobs. It's part of the game. You taunt to piss off your opponent and to say 'Owned! GTFO!'

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Taunting shows you are confident in your abilities and that you are confident the opponent will not return to the stage in time.

In Melee, I never taunted with Young Link because that time is always used to pull out a bomb. However, for other characters, such as Marth, I taunted every time.

Smash Ace
hales no taunting isn't for n00bs.
Real men use taunts.
=2007=

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
taunting is for when your playing against someone online and you cant look them in the face and say HA you suck.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
taunting is awesome because it pisses off my friends when i taunt them after i kill them

Top Bottom