• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taunt Tier List

Wrath`

Smash Master
You know that you can cancel Young Ling and Samus's taunt? For YLink just throw a boomerang then taunt. When it comes back it'll cancel your taunt. For Samus, just drop a bomb and taunt.
Yes but canceling a taunt defetes the purpose of a taunt.
I was stupid once and taunted in eagland right a bout when a car was coming.You should know what happened then.

Tera253

Smash Ace
actually, if you cancel Pikachu's taunt, you can get that annoying Pika-PIKAAA!!! out faster, so it's good.
~Tera253~

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I say the only good taunts are as followed:
Luigi-Considered best in the game, since you actually need it to get the Diskun Trophy (Taunt KO bonus point).
Kirby-Obviouly, you can get rid of the power that you stole.
Young Link &Mario-If you can successfully pull off these taunts in battle... your opponent can just shoot themselves...
Pichu: Pichu's taunt basically says that you just got owned by a furry little mouse that hurts himself... very successful to pull off in battle.
Fox&Falco: Kinda a cool little trick that you can pull off at Coneria, not like you will ever use it in a serious battle, but cool nontheless.
Ganon: Uhhh you can float over red shells that are tossed at you... not really useful.

Smash Journeyman
This is what I do with Captain Falcon. Taunt... "Show me your {pause} {unpause} moves!" It sounds like he's being censored!! LOL

UCbizerkeley

Smash Cadet
Wow, this thread went from being a question about the shortest taunts to everybody's main in a popularity contest and wanting people to go check threads they started before. Look, if Ness is your main, it doesn't make it any more "gangsta" when you do the NOD to saying OK than when anyone else does it. Just because you like DK's taunt doesn't mean DK's less confused when he does it. The only good excuse I've heard yet is that luigi can attack with his, but that's it. It's like none of you realy read the main topic...
your topic was lame, taunt pimpeiness is way betta

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
I think C. Falcons taunt is one of the most annoying one i the game. And it's fast too. But the worst thing that could happen is playing vs. a young link and he tauntes.

Smash Master
Top tier:
1. Kirby (functional in battle)
2. Luigi (less functional in battle)
3. Ice Climbers (can do stuff while taunting)
4. Pichu (he has two)

High tier:
5. Fox (after beating your *** and killing you he's still not satisfied)
6. Ganondorf (he laughs at you)
7. Mewtwo (he laughs at you)
8. Falco (he twirls like a sissy, but he's very pompous and he has an easter egg, so that makes up for it)
9. Bowser (rawr)

The rest don't matter

Umpy

Smash Apprentice
C.Falcon...yeah...know why...cuz he don't take **** from anyone

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Samus players don't use that silly, pedestrian d-pad taunt. We just charge our lazers. And that, my friends is more taunting than anything else.

Samus for God Tier.

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
At least Nintendo did so good on taunts that we can't really decide not only the top 3, but even the top 10!
Wow i love this game.

Anyway, we can still decide the taunts that completely suck and put them in bottom tier.
Well, let's see... Zelda's... Sheik's... Marth's... maybe Falco's.. I raelly can't think aof anyone else.
(lol the tier is reversed)

MUGG

Smash Apprentice
Taunt aren't good or bad. How they're used is important.
You can taunt cancel ylink's taunt with the boomerang and use this as a mindgame...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have to say that DK's taunt is sexy... Uh-roo?!?

GaW spamming his bell is a great mindgame and can make your opponent rush you to stop the bell...

Bowser- Looks Fierce

And as for people who argue for taunt cancelling let me say this.. by canceling your taunt in essence you have ruined the effect of the taunt since you were too scared too see it through

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have to say that DK's taunt is sexy... Uh-roo?!?

GaW spamming his bell is a great mindgame and can make your opponent rush you to stop the bell...

Bowser- Looks Fierce

And as for people who argue for taunt cancelling let me say this.. by canceling your taunt in essence you have ruined the effect of the taunt since you were too scared too see it through
So stopping the taunt is better than getting nailed in the face? I'm confused.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
I gotta say one thing: Peach's taunt is the most taunting. It is so effective, that I often lose control playing against Peach when she uses her taunt, and my performance is affected. It is a high level mindgame and is Peach is cheap because of it.:)

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
A taunt is insulting your opponent after doing something sexy. cf fox dk and ganondork have that . Not like some specific electric rodent that probaly came from a taco bell in nyc , whos "taunt" let's him roll around on the floor. Oooooh look at me I'm pichu I can have a seizure in 2 directions.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
G&W taunt is the most annoying.
Captain Falcon's taunt is the most manly.
Bowser's taunt is the most kuuuute.

These three for top tier taunt.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
The way best taunt is to transform back and forth between Zelda and Sheik. As Sheik, of course. :p

Yea, it's no real taunt but if it succeeds it sure makes your opponent angry. ^^

shadepaw

Smash Apprentice
Fox - He's still not done with you, ready to shine spike all over again.

Pichu - 'You have just been killed by the cutest thing in pokemon. Have a nice day'

Kirby - After taking your character out, he taunts YOU (the player) from inside the game.

Peach - Don't use her much myself, but you gotta love the 'sa-weet' with classic peace sign.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness has the fastest. That has to account for something. That and saying OKAY in a nasal voice.

EdgeMaster025

Smash Rookie
And a thid taunt that is amazing if you know how to do it. Also, the search function is your friend(Taken from M2k's stat list:

Taunt Total Time - measures how long each characters taunt is in frames. For example, if a taunt has a time of 100 frames, then it means that it lasts for 1 2/3 or 1.66666..... seconds and you can block or attack on the 101st frame, since that's the frame after the last frame that the taunt is being used at. Here's the list, from longest to slowest (not that it really matters how long a taunt is).

1) Young Link - 200 frames, or 3.33333 seconds

2) Mario - 180 frames, or 3 seconds

3) Bowser - 140 frames, or 2.33333 seconds

4-5) Mewtwo / Roy - 120 frames, or 2 seconds

6) Falco - 115 frames, or 1.9166666 seconds

7) Fox - 110 frames, or 1.833333 seconds

8-11) Ganondorf / Jigglypuff / Link / Sheik - 100 frames, or 1.66666 seconds

12) Marth - 93 frames, or 1.55 seconds

13) Zelda - 90 frames, or 1.5 seconds

14-15) Dr. Mario / Peach - 85 frames, or 1.4166666 seconds

16-17) Luigi* / Samus - 70 frames, or 1.166666 seconds

18) Yoshi** - 67 frames, or 1.1166666 seconds

19-26) Captain Falcon / DK / Ice Climbers / Kirby / Mr. Game & Watch / Ness / Pichu***(same length of time regardless of which direction Pichu is facing, meaning it's the same length in both taunts) / Pikachu*** - 60 frames, or 1 second

* - Luigi's 1% Taunt Kick, hits on frame 46, or after 0.766666 seconds
** - Yoshi's taunt actually lasts for 80 frames, but you can block after frame 67
*** - Pikachu and Pichu's taunt actually lasts for 90 frames like with Zelda, but you can block after frame 60 so I counted it as 60
*applause* Actually took the time to do all that research. I applaud you.

Top Bottom