• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

len1

Smash Journeyman
Dedu: if you have a mobile phone pm me your number so when your in town locating you will be easier(i will be wearing a green and yellow sombrero)

Dedu

Smash Lord
You can pretty much walk from one side to the other.
0_o If you did that in Sydney it would take at least a whole day.

Okies I'll let you know when I'll be free for a meet while I'm down at hobart.

Sloth - do you main other characters or is it just ICs? I remember seeing the crew battle vs Melbourne at comrades. There were some very impressive desyncs you did against Shaz!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Crew battle?
Is that released, or was it my the finals of Seat3? my IC vrs his fox.
The crew battle is me vrs his Falco.

I also play Falco / Fox, but I can use a lot of the characters in a half-decent way.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I was referring to the last Comrades tournament in January (this year) where you versed Shaz. And it wasn't Seat3 coz I wasn't there. I'm not sure if the crew battle was released but I remember it was recorded.

Fox/Falco? That's cool. Some practise against those space animals would be nice!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ahh! I didn't think you went. Wait, who is Dedu?

Now I am confused like a poor 12 year old girl who just hit puberty.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Well I'm under the name of Linkapprentice if you look at comrades results. I didn't fare well in comrades because I didn't do well against Scrubs and Random. And it was my first tournament. XD

Ask DJ cat - he knows who I am. I'm sure you've seen me at comrades.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Ahh. Everything in the world makes sense again.

I never ended up playing you at comrades, heck to be honest I am not sure who you were :(
We never got around to talking to each other.

So hopefully we can change that this time ^^

Jaz

Smash Ace
haha, dedu you'll be the first New South Warrior to cross over into Tasmaniac territory for smash! Orsem stuff, funky will hav to compete with you :p
too cool tassie, and slothy, never stop drinking, tasmania is always boring :p

Dedu

Smash Lord
Scrubs... Zomg! You wiped me out in the singles with that Peach of yours! I'd like to have some serious Peach practise when we're both down there. Peach still is my No 1 toughie.

Are you going to Launie when ur down there? I'm going to hobart for a few days after I'm done with Launie.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sounds great. Looks like I will have to organize a tournament then, or at least a long meet-up.

Only problem is Hobart or Launceston.

I know me and N30N personally don't mind Launceston if we can get time off work. But do you kidz have a venue? Considering that this is only a few weeks away.

Because if it is held in Hobart, we can always just use neon's place again, seemed to be fine last time. ^^

Dedu

Smash Lord
But do you kidz have a venue? Considering that this is only a few weeks away.
Yes It is only a few weeks away and if you hold it off for too long it will never happen. It happened to me once and now I make sure I get these things organised at least a week before hand.

Maybe a couple meets then a tourney would be good.

len1

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the people could be split between staying at alans and Chookers/briggites

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Len you want the people to leave tassie, thinking what a "nice place, i'd like to come back" as apposed to having them scarred for life.

:p :chuckle:

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I have accommodation and everything. It is a family trip so most of the time I will be visiting people. I will be allowed to do my own thing but at most ill probably be able to get away for a day or two. I will find out which days they will be so maybe we can organise something for then. I'm guessing somewhere around the end of my stay. So maybe the 8th.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
We do get the 4 days off around Easter, so maybe it would be worth it for me.
But only of the aircraft prices ar enot the SUCK>. :(

So, i doubt it but I'll try.

Sloth

Smash Ace
I probably will be working all easter, as it is a big tourist time.

Feel free to drop in any time for smash while your visiting tho Scrubs.Dedu, are you going to be in Hobart on the 8th?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
So is anything planned for the visit of the ScrubberDedu?

@Tom (re; QLD smashers) :
Yes you would know, having met them and all. :)
But yeah I disagree, except for Syke maybe. ;)
Besides - if you have no intention of meeting the other players than why play?
Hell if i only played to win i'd be wasting my time (...:ohwell: ), lucky their are some good kids (in every state)
Also remember we watched that video, and we both agreed, they're just like us only good.
What with the crapping on while playing and the humour.
Its true. :laugh:
Half of them (mostly Ward) have your exact humour.
Have a nice Day (Face - WOFFLES!) and keep killin an a chillin. :cool:

@Deeeaaaaannnoooo:
Yes get a 'troller and a memory card.
If that means getting a job, so be it.
Then just playing for fun with Monkey/Tom/whatever and you'll come good without meaning to.

BUT playing for the Port is more important. :chuckle:

@Len: Hopefully you have someone decent to play against.
Playing against you was actually funa nd something I could do multiplae times a week for multiple hours.
We coulda been good...

@ Chooker:
You have internet yet my boy?

len1

Smash Journeyman
the only time i have good people to lay against is when i go into town so at home i just practice tech skills(and getting nowhere fast) but there is some improvement

Dedu

Smash Lord
Hey guys! CAOTIC came up for some smash! Got plenty of friendlies and would like to share it with you guys when I go down this week!

Len - practising against CPUs can take you so far but only to a point. And I think I've just about reached that point since this weekend's crazy non stop smash fest. Mainly thanks to Caotic's crazy mindgames. Sorry to back DJ Cat on this issue but I agree with him...

I will still be able to see you when I go down and Scrubs, when are you staying at hobart? Will you be going to Launie as well?

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey everyone...

Bryce can you post your mobile number so I can call you when I am down there.

I will be staying in Hobart while I am down there. Moonah to be specific. I might make it up to Launceston if there is a meet happening or something. I wish I was coming down for longer then I would be able to fit everything in.

len1

Smash Journeyman
well things are looking dodge for me going into town otherwise i would have organised something by now (or at least half of it)

Sloth

Smash Ace
0408 404 425.

I live in New Town, very close to Moonah.

Can I grab yours as well, my mobile has a dodgy battery connection so sometimes it shuts off when I don't want it too.

I can't organise any tournaments of the such as I am working every single day. Two jobs.
But I am still fine with smashing all night long etc.

Scrubs

Smash Lord

I don't mind about there not being any tourney's. I just want to try to get around to playing all of the tassie guys + dedu if I can.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
EEkk, you'd have to drive an extra 80kms from Launceston if you want to play Len....and maybe Dino (school holidays...dunno?)

Tom, Dino, Monkey where are you???
And Chooker???

len1

Smash Journeyman
im like the only one who posts here anymore...
i finished school for a week or two yesterday. and D.J., dino and monkey may have to move out because munchy went back to smithton

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Sup Bob, For Starters Got No Cube, Got No Troler, Got No Memory Card
and got No Fitness but I am Definitely Playing Footy For the reserves for B'port!!!!!!!!!!
No Have Not Moved Out

Sloth

Smash Ace
Cool.
Scrubs is gonna be playing me tomorrow after I finish work. Hopefully :)

Dedu, I'll call you tomorrow and see if I can meet you on sunday with Scrubs. That is the 8th. I work 3 hours on Sunday, so we will have most of the day dedicated to smash.

That is if you can escape the clutches of family!

Sloth

Smash Ace
Will do Cao. Will do.
I'll at least be able to record it. Whether or not the quality will be awesome is another thing.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Busy drinking beer.

Catch this thread probably Tuesday if we have vids up. ^^

Monday hopefully will be the main smash day, with Dedu down as well.

Top Bottom