• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tasmanian SSBM/Brawl Thread

N30N

Smash Apprentice
basically there is a lot you can do on your own to improve, mostly practicing advanced tech's

like to get the technical ability down its fine to work really hard on your own, then just practice using it in game next time you get to play with someone O.o

Sloth

Smash Ace
As neon said. Practice your shfflc and l-cancelling to begin with.
Then you have to put that practice into your game. After that, dependijg on who you use you have other heaps of stuff you can practice. Like Yoshi. Go scout yoshi boards, read bringers guide.

So I mean, if you dedicated to improving rather then sitting at the same level, its the way to go ^^

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Chooker, if you're smart and want to prove worthy of being a man, drop Samus and I promise your **** would grow 4 times in length.
What I just thought of regarding that is so wrong.
I won't say it.
No.

Anything happening regarding BOO2? :( :confused:

All my friends are off playing with there Wii/wee.
Meh.

Keep Smashing, cause you'll have to practise heaps if you want to be any good for Melbourne.
Everyone up here is better than me (for now) so that gives you a rough idea at least of how good they are. And Melbourne players are supposedly better.
Don't just magically expect to level up 20 times in the last few weeks.

Tom, you better come, as you said, we'll get ***** but then we'll get to play Smash against some really good people after that, so it'll be worth it.

Let's get at least 4 of you guys up, so we can have a crew for crew battles..
And not leave Sloth to drag the rope as much.

>Maybe< I will have to do a Boo2/3 when i get down there.
We could go Bridport again, and if we get enough people have it at that place up the hill, it would be so sweet.
NG7 said he wanted to come down there, to get away from these silly buggers up here for a while. Its not really that much better, the maturity level now is it? :dizzy:
Though, I don't know if he was being serious.

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Hi all, I need a date for BOO 2 as soon as possible because I will have to take time off work and longer I leave it the less likly I will be able to get the time off that I need.

len1

Smash Journeyman
well im probably not going to be avaliable until jan 3rd

oh and chooker and munchy, ben is home 4 the holidays so drop by if you want

Sloth

Smash Ace
Me and N30N had discussions kek. Or whateva you kidz call et.

We have decieded the next date will be the 6th of Jan. Speak out now or forever hold your peace.

6th works for both of us fine. So is it possible you can come up around then Adam?

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Me and N30N had discussions kek. Or whateva you kidz call et.

We have decieded the next date will be the 6th of Jan. Speak out now or forever hold your peace.

6th works for both of us fine. So is it possible you can come up around then Adam?
No probs, ill give my boss the dates i need 2morrow.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
QUOTE]

No J,,,you know the rest.

I am working 9 hours a day, and doing an hour of gym/runnin every day, and I still find 30 minutes+ every day to practise.

Lack of Gamecube may be a problem but:
Get a job, Gamecubes are cheap as.

Ask any removilist company or something if they need an offsider in their trucks, easy as.
And they need them heaps.

Or do blueberries.
Or come up here and you'll have a job within 2 weeks (or maybe sooner) if you try.
Plus HEAPS of skilled people to practise with.

How long is Ben down for?

YYEEAHAHHZZZZ for BoO2 seemingly being on again.

EDIT: Huggles for Ben~!
A friend of KK's is doing exactly what Ben is doing, going into the airforce to be a mechanic, ad he is going to the same place near Adelaide.
The more you know!

>Insert Collingwood joke here<

I nominate "yeah that'll be a good enough stooge"
-"thats what Collingwood said about Tarrant" as Collingwood joke of the year.

Off to work, enough for now.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
lol ok CAT

but yeah, boo2 at my place makes it EZ.

6th is cool, so you guys better all come or bryce will be crying in a corner for 7 weeks straight and i'll have no way of calming him down,

trust me it happened before.

len1

Smash Journeyman
Ben leaves January third

I have got 2 of my freinds interested in smash so next tourney at bridport they will probably attend

N30N

Smash Apprentice
good start

remember as they say in korea,

GO HARD AND GO PRO!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Haha Yeah I Nominate That One For Best Collingwood Joke/Call Of All Time Not Just The Year. Hmm Well It Seems As If Im Confirmed Now Once Again Thanks To Mr.Doormatt So Woo But Still No Practise So I Guess I'll Just Have To Have A Grueling Session Of It When We Arrive To Try And Catch Up T_T My Cousin Is Keen To Come But Hes Too Young And There Isnt Enough Room In The Car And No One Wants Another Samus Player ^_^

Big sessions like that won't work, ya need regular practise.
Hit Len, or Munchy, or Chooker or someone up.
If hats possible.

And what do ya mean?
No ones to young.

Someone come up here.
Its good.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Well I think he would be too young yo be exposed to the things we talk about/do q=
Well, don't talk about or do such things.
Easy.

Another you?

What, someone who respects and plays the N64 and the classics like Goldeneye, and doesn't suck at them?

Money, wouldn't be too much of an issue, get a job up here, its easy.
And i wasn't really reffering to short term, yo, but thats welcome too...

Hey, if anyone does come up here, I'll drive em down to Comrades...for a bit of petrol money.
And, if anyone sees some magical cheap flights or...charted helicopter flights or something for a good price I'll come down to BoO2, assuming it still goes ahead.

Well, enough rambling, get BoO2 going peoples!!!

Sloth

Smash Ace
BoO3 - Launceston.

All we need now is a date and peoples motivation to turn up :)
I will run it all like usual. So yeah.

Time to start posting in this thread again kids!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
There is no set date yet, lets just see when the best time for everyone is.
People, start suggesting venues and times.

I'm thinking Munchy, Monkey and Dino's place could be good, IF they all want to do that and IF it is appropriatley sized and whatnot.

Get into 2 weekly-smashfests or more regular if ya can.
A new year, new possibilities.
I'm excited!
Thanks, Big Kev! :(

N30N

Smash Apprentice
i play bryce a lot but that doesnt give me much variety or improving seems to come quite slowly, inspite of all the tips i recive,

Tas scene still pretty cool. launnie would be awesome not sure i'd bother if it was bridport again. lots a petrol money long way to travel and like, the CORE tas smashers (top8) could ez make it to launnie i imagine.

so i'd rather just that. for a more central location

TECH UP.
GL HF

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I don't get it, going to Bridport is only like another 20% further.

I'm still thinking Launceston as a better more central venue, but Bridport has the advanatage of everyone being housed and bedded well.
I'll drive people from Launceston.
Just park ya car at Munchy's (or whoever will take ya).

Still the plan is for Launceston.
Dino and co. might be able to hold it there.
We will see once they get their house.
Also gotta consider where to sleep everyone.
Why am I thinking cool thoughts of a tent and someones baclyard? :)

For now we have to get Northern Tassie into some more pro smashing.
There is already some players with skill and some with potential.
N30N, the recipe for WoW antidote please?
It has a hold of some of them, and I'm afriad it might not let go! :(

N30N

Smash Apprentice
ahah the secret to beating wow is being FORCED to go without it for like 4 days

like not being able to actually even LOOK at world of warcraft

then the curse is lifted and you can resume every day life as if nothing ever happened.
but if its always avaliable people never realise how much it consumes them.

~~~ but yeah gl getting someone out of the wow routine it takes effort _++ and quite some incentive.

and a tent would be mad, alcohol, ghost stories, smash, 5 guys in 1mX1m space. what more could you want

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
and a tent would be mad, alcohol, ghost stories, smash, 5 guys in 1mX1m space. what more could you want
We've actually done the lots of people in a small tent, it was crazy and kinda fun.
Ask Monkey, Chooker or Munchy about it.
Dodgy tent setting up, but it got the job done.

Lame arse game (bah, you can't even call it a game) also consumes Monkey. And as such Dino and Budgie don't do anything useful...:urg:
But...

Len, see if you can't hatch a plan to save their souls.

So next tournament in Launceston could be quite good, but it will be a complete waste of our time, without interest from Norhtern Tassie Smashers.
Or maybe heaps of interstaters.
Call it: Come And Play Sloth (CAPS)

Mid March sound like a good date anyone?

Sloth

Smash Ace
I doubt Dino/Budgy/Marche would ever put any effort into smash. So its not really a point. Just let them play WoW or whatever.

Bridport is an issue. Looking at it on this angle: it's around an hour from luaceston, so. that is 2 extra hours of driving all up. And the petrol cost isn't fun.

So if it is organised in lauceston, it is cheaper for us.

I think we need a name change from BoO :)
Like "HOLY WARRIORS OF LIGHT, DEFEND OUR LANDS'

Maybe something less gay.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
OK, Your whole post lets go.

They own the BEST possible venue. Absolutely need their willingness and wantingness to continue playing if we want a scene really.

As I said, i'll drive people from Launceston.
And for you Hobarters no petrol money, cause you've come up from Hobart.
So there, NO extra cost and hell, even a break from driving.

The name sticks if no one comes up with anything better.
I think its awesome, despite the cheesyness.

More thoughts:
You guys have to decide whether you really only want good payers, or just to get as many people as possible into it.
At the moment I see no good players just randomly popping up, so maybe just trying to recruit as many new players as possible, have some fun, make the scene bigger, good things might just roll off and start happening.
So maybe this tourny in Launceston could be a bit Nooby?
painful for Bryce and skilled out of staters, yes.
However, thats why we have pools.
You'll only have to play 2-3 matches against noobs and then you can friendly all the good players afterwards.

Meh, just ideas, thoughts and speculation.
YOU (Northern Tassie) guys have to do it, I can only do so much from up here.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
i agree as many as possible is awesome

i dont mind bridport under those circumstances bob. but i would help pay petrol still cos don't want you to be out of pocket.

also, boo is a fine name. i still like it.

but yeah, more ppl is awesome but like, people who never play and don't really care aren't people im going to break my back to have attend, like i love having huge tourney and just playing smash all day, but there is a point at which is stops being worth it

tas doesn't need a huge smash scene atm. when brawl comes out (if its good (fingers crossed)) it will bring heaps of new randoms to smash boards and heaps of tas players will more than likely get it

as it would be new **** people would probably all come to comps thinking they are the best, and thats where we can start to develop a real community, but as smash melee is old now new ppl are going to not just come crawling out of the woodwork.

so i guess its up to brawl to bring people into smash in tas.

its just too old to develop new interest in now.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Well, they are your friends. Even if they arn't keen into smash as such, they still could offer their house (if they get one) as a venue.

I am just making a point that you should let them play WoW, becasue it is obvious they won't play smash at a serious level. For no reason do they have to get into smash serious to actually want to host. You dig?

So yeah, sorry if that sounded rather harsh.

Personally, I could care less about more noobs upon noobs. But having more isn't a concern or a problem. so I don't see it to be a worry. Just get as many as possible to come. No harm if they decide not to show-up. And they could be cool people irl.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
My thoughts are similar.

There is no need to try to keep asking people to get into Smash.
They either are into it or not.
People can engage the game at whichever level they wish and just have fun.

Well, more thoughts are there, but I'll leave it for now.
Time for other peoples ideas and whatnot.

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
first of all i hate WoW,
it is a worthless game to i wouldn't be caught playing
and i do try to play smash but lacking of any one good to play is a definite factor
budgie won't learn and i when i move in with monkey and munchie
it's not looking good

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Fair enough.
You'll only go backwards if you play against Bowser, cause I remember doing so myself.

Go play Len some.
And when in 'Ceston get Tom to come over.
Then you won't be so bored while they are doing that thing and you'll have someone to play.

N30N

Smash Apprentice
and you can always solo prac vs lvl1 cpus for tech practice

tho i know nothing of yoshi tech, im sure there is some.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
You bet ther eis some Yoshi tech!

And i find a dummy (just a controller plugged in with no one using it) to be more useful than a lvl 1 or training mode for tech practise.

For Yoshi L-cancelling (especially his f-air) , Edge egging, as in dropping from a ledge, jumping and shooting an egg again on the way up... and the DJC are a good place to start.

Top Bottom