• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tap jump for Pros?

TL?

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter whether you use tap jump or not, as long as you can maneuver your character as you intend to. Personally I use tap jump most of the time because I played so much melee and got used to it. I use button to jump sometimes in certain specific situations but still never turn tap jump off.

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
Why on earth would TJ affect your ability to SRC? Using TJ for SRCs just seems like it would make them unnecessarily harder.
it's actually a lot easier. you don't need to time it as much. you literally just mash up then down and press shield/grab when you press down. it's very rhythmic.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
No wonder some people have trouble with PC. You do it all wrong.
Hold down and input any direction in the Cstick while passing the platform. Makes it like 10 times easier. I have never been able to pull off the release method, maybe like a couple times.

Mr Toast

Smash Cadet
Hometown: Raleigh, NC ... School: Charlotte, NC
it's actually a lot easier. you don't need to time it as much. you literally just mash up then down and press shield/grab when you press down. it's very rhythmic.
In my opinion, using X or Y rather than tap jump enables you to tweak your movement horizontally more easily and still be ready for the PC. This can be much more effective when you're trying to fake someone out, retreat, etc. I suppose it's all about what you're used to!

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
No wonder some people have trouble with PC. You do it all wrong.
Hold down and input any direction in the Cstick while passing the platform. Makes it like 10 times easier. I have never been able to pull off the release method, maybe like a couple times.
I never have trouble with PCs. and inputing directions in the c-stick is risky. if you miss, your opponent punishes your aerial lag. all you have to do is press down on the analog stick at the right time. it's not hard, just needs at the most an hour of practice. after that, there's no excuse for missing PCs. and if you do, you don't get stuck in aerial lag.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
It's not risky if you're good at it. :p Besides, you can just use an aerial that's not very laggy/works as a pressuring option if you miss so there's little very risk. Saying you don't use it because of "aerial lag" is silly. :happysheep:

Top Bottom