• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus & Sa1vy Present: Sa1vation MD, VA, WSoVA, DE confirmed!

CTL17

Smash Lord
Huge. By which I mean not huge. However your presence would increase hype hundredsfold.
You can ask David/Luke/Matt about his stay in Courtyards before Pound 5.

Do you ever enter? Do you doubt your chances? Do you not want to beat people as Puff? WHY?
I don't want to spend money twice just to get halfway up the bracket twice. And interestingly, my only Puff match wins were: Wenbo and Bones in Graphix, DKuo at CTYs, and KuduHunter in Pound 5 (and J666 in P:M, but that doesn't count). She's much more successful in teams, as long as there isn't a Sypher trying to wake me up with fully charged Fox Up-smashes. In the end, I am more likely to enter singles if I don't enter teams.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Huge. By which I mean not huge. However your presence would increase hype hundredsfold.

Do you ever enter? Do you doubt your chances? Do you not want to beat people as Puff? WHY?
Have you joined the facebook group yet? What's your name + cell number?

This lack of smashing is unacceptable!

tjgeorgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
tjgeorgen
3DS FC
1177-8358-6055
Have you joined the facebook group yet? What's your name + cell number?

This lack of smashing is unacceptable!
1) Yes.
2) Tom Georgen. I can PM my cell it to you if you really want, but see #3.
3) The lack of smashing is due to me being a CS major who has lots of projects to work on and also being part of Cybersecurity Club and having like 3 competitions this month.

Where are you located? I'm in Courtyards.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So this is the next big event in MD/VA! We may now have a car coming from Charlottesville, VA! I am working on getting some out of state, like PA/NJ and some other faraway residents like the aforementioned Charlottesville and SoVA. I'll keep you all informed as I know more info!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just wanted to let everyone know we already have over 30 confirmed people attending this! Here is the list...

Confirm List:

Brawl:

Bloodynite
ChuDat
EE
Taj
Matador
Luckay4Lyphe
Lionhart
PokemonMasterJamal3
TheTantalus
sa1vy
Seagull Joe
tc1
logic
Pink Fresh
Takeover
Korn
Snowballbob
Boss
Izzet
Slikvik

Melee:

CTL
BigWenz
dkuo
Wenbo
tdude51
chivalruse
sypherphoenix
ultimario
DoH
Bones
JippyTheLion

In addition, there are also some confirms who are not on this list- because I dont' know their tag. There are also some confirms on the college side that don't have a smashboards account. But basically, tons of people will be going already from the local area, and i'm working on out of state attendance. Exciting!

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Hey this is a big request, but if you allow us to arrive at around 3 PM (maybe 2), I can bring a carpool down here.

Let me know if it is possible and I will definitely arrange this.

(teams would have to be delayed because otherwise my driver will not take me)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
it would be for both games. Inui would drive a carpool down here if I team in both games. That's usually how it works. But he won't take me/my-carpool if he can't do teams obviously. That is why I am asking.

It's possible for me to make this as long as we can come around 3 PM (sooner if possible since MD is only 2 hours away and my class ends at 12:00)
It's also possible for me to bring carpools down if these are held on Sundays.

I can do either of those situations all the time (obviously this one is not on Sunday but I am saying for future reference).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Umm, I can do my best to accommodate. I can't hold teams up that long because we have to be done at the absolute latest by midnight. However, I'd be happy to put you in the bracket in advance and I'd imagine you'll be a high enough seed for a bye- we can play every match available until we can't continue without your match before a dq. But unfortunately I cannot delay the event that much. I would leave class early if I were you.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey this is a big request, but if you allow us to arrive at around 3 PM (maybe 2), I can bring a carpool down here.

Let me know if it is possible and I will definitely arrange this.

(teams would have to be delayed because otherwise my driver will not take me)
Team with me and I'll guarantee you first. If you team with Inui then me and EE will body you.

Edit: 3 PM? You're missing teams. Nevermind.

:018:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I could get there around 2 PM, but if we got there around 2ish I wouldn't wanna be DQed. if I did I would bring the carpool. And seagull, I have no RIDE if I don't team with my ride.
I'll give Inui $10 if he let you team with me instead :).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Joe, I can get you, but i'll be $10 for gas. It's weirdly out of the way and since i'm gonna be running the event, I need to make sure i'm promptly on time. I know the map doesn't put it far out of the way but the time difference is pretty big.

Edit: So much for static teams?

CTL17

Smash Lord
Joe I can still take you, since I'm not that bound by time, and you are definitely not out of the way for me. If you need to leave earlier, I can do that too.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Joe I can still take you, since I'm not that bound by time, and you are definitely not out of the way for me. If you need to leave earlier, I can do that too.
I'll go with you Chris.

I'm obviously teaming with Phil@Scott lmao.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright well i'm glad the hype is growing guys- I've got one more thing to add to it!

I'll be livestreaming this event myself. I don't have any working mic's right now- so I will be purchasing some! Because i'm not charging a venue fee, this is an expense out of my pocket. If you'd like to contribute- you can make a donation to my paypal @ megamanx24@gmail.com. I'll give you complete credit in this thread and the results thread and on my facebook/twitter and tag you if you provide your tag.

Consider this the "optional" venue fee. If not, i'll just see if I can sell some more stuff on ebay to get the mics.

The livestream will be at www.twitch.tv/thetantalus

I'm going to also need a couple of commentators- pm me here or on facebook if you are interested.

I'll work on getting a program that will switch between cams.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Does everyone want to start with a side event? Seems there is a good bit of support for it- weigh in!

I personally like the idea of two handed controllers. We did a game like this with our high school students for Mario kart and it turned out really fun.

sa1vy

Smash Cadet
Lol that sounds like a lot of fun. We should do at least some type of side event. Ill talk to people here on this end and see what/if they would be interested.

:phone:

Top Bottom