• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales Producer Talks About Involvement with Smash

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
[rightw]
[/rightw]It appears the chances of a Tales character making a cameo into the Super Smash Bros. series is becoming more possible as time goes by.

Tales producer, Makoto Yoshizumi, discusses Super Smash Bros. in a recent interview:

-----

Kot : Now, let's talk about Yo****o Higuchi (producer of Tales of Vesperia)

Y : Yes, Higuchi-san ! Well, as you know, he is working on the next Smash Bros.. This is unfortunate for us and the Tales of series, but it has for some years.

Kot: A few years?

Y : Yes, you know, Sakurai (director of Smash Bros. series) is an acquaintance, and he came to me and said "Hey, lend me Higuchi-san, will you?" and I said "Okay" * Laughs *

Kot : It's a question many fans ask: since Higuchi-san working on the next Smash Bros., can we hope to see one or more characters of Tales in the next Smash Bros?

Y : It is a difficult question, maybe if we pray hard to put a character in Tales of Smash Bros., then it will happen! * Laughs * Anyway Higuchi-san really wants, but that will depend Sakurai-san. But for now, it is too early to tell.

Kot : I do not know if you know, but the Fire Emblem series has been published in the West and has become popular precisely because there were Marth and Roy in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Have one or more characters of Tales is surely a good way to promote the series.

Y : It's true. But we must also keep in mind that for a character to appear in Smash Bros. game, this character must come from a game released on a Nintendo. This is a prerequisite and all characters in the series does not meet. We could of course consider the characters in Tales of Symphonia and Tales of the Abyss, Lloyd, for example.

-----

"So, it's all up to this guy, huh?"

Don't let us down, Sakurai!

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=182654
Content Contributor(s): Ankoku

keero16

Smash Rookie
Once again, it's nice to see Namco still unsure about the whole "putting their characters in Smash thing." Having 3rd party characters are cool but Smash is ultimately Nintendo, and I think Namco is handling the game expertly from what I've heard so far.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm just glad they aren't gonna kill the whole Nintendo vibe. ONE Namco character makes sense as for Tales? The only anime looking dudes they should get are from Fire Emblem.

keero16

Smash Rookie
yeah I hope we do get a few more 3rd parties (megaman in particular)
Mega Man is like my dream character for this game right now. Him and Bomberman, but Bomberman is extremely unlikely. What even happened to Bomberman anyway?

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man is like my dream character for this game right now. Him and Bomberman, but Bomberman is extremely unlikely. What even happened to Bomberman anyway?
Bomberman would be so great in Smash lol, but if he doesn't get in then Pac-Man should at least since Namco is making the game after all. And Bomberman is owned by Hudson if memory serves me correctly.
Btw this is what happened to Bomberman.

I don't see any way Serious Sam, Duke Nukem, or Quake Guy will get into this game though, or at least Faust (or almost anyone) from Guilty Gear, that's the part that saddens me most. ._.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
I can't wait to see gameplay. With tales working on the title I'm sure it will be fun to play. And yes, I would love to have hudson's bomberman on board. Freaking Spirt Bombs all day eerrday

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
But we must also keep in mind that for a character to appear in Smash Bros. game, this character must come from a game released on a Nintendo.
Just say "Cress" and be done with it. lol

GinnTokki

Smash Rookie
Lloyd and Kratos. The bad-*** father/son combo. They're also possibly the most known Tales Of characters in the US.

And I know this is unreasonable, but throw in Presea as well if you're truly awesome, Miyamoto.
Presea <3

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
If they just put in Lloyd Irving, then I'll be set for this game!

Zelos Wilder, Kratos Aurion or Sheena Fujibayashi would be a cool +.

Bringing in Luke fon Fabre, Tear Grants, Jade Curtiss, or Guy Cecil from Tales of the Abyss (3DS) would be also awesome.

My personal favorite Tales character is Yuri Lowell. Sadly, he's from Tales of Vesperia released on Xbox 360 and PS3 (Japan Only).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
If it so happens a Tales character or two does make it in SSB4 (and obviously, that is a BIG "if"), the best choices are arguably Cless Alvein, Lloyd Irving, or Luke fon Fabre. Cless is pretty much the Marth of the Tales series; he is the main character of the very first Tales game (for the SNES), Tales of Phantasia, and he is very popular among the fans. Lloyd is the main character of Tales of Symphonia, the first 3D game in the series and one of the Game Cube's most popular RPG's. Luke is the main character of Tales of the Abyss, which was recently ported to the Nintendo 3DS; Luke's appearance would definitely promote the title more. To my memory, Phantasia, Symphonia, and Abyss are the only major titles in the series to have appeared on a Nintendo system.

Personally, I am not as big a fan of Lloyd or Luke as I am of Cless. That being said, I would prefer him to get in the game over the two, though I am not getting my hopes up for either of them.

Top Bottom