• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking a huuuuuge Brawl Break

Sukai

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1230]Taking a huuuuuge Brawl Break[/drupal]

I'm so fed up right now.
I could just piss and **** all over Brawl right now. This game has never delivered so much rage to me in 2 hours before.
There is no hope for me.

No way I'll make it big, my feeble little aspirations of crashing a tourney scene, is just a grown up kid's pipe dream.
Fighting games were never my specialty, so I should stop forcing it to be.

I'm not cut out for it anyway, I'm a scrub, bone fide by the book.
Being pro is impossible for me, let alone being "advanced"
No offline competition and nothing but annoying laggy wifi to keep myself entertained. This is the very reason I had to drop a main that I was really passionate about playing.

Not going to waste money going to a tournament that I'll lose in the first round, whatever learning experience I may possibly reap from that is not going to be worth the monetary value I put into joining.
I'm not as fortunate as others, those who have friends who play smash all the time, can get alot of practice and support from them, alot of experience in the game.
I have one friend who plays smash well, and I barely get to see him, let alone go a few rounds.
It's simply impossible for me, and acknowledging it alone is depressing, but now I make peace.
Casually sucking in wifi matches and whipping on lvl 3 cpus, not something anyone looks forward to.
So, to breath it all in, I'm gonna take a huge Brawl break, get away from all this.
This isn't the first time I've been stressed out over this ****. Man, but that's just who I am.
I can't help getting furious over a game, when things don't go right, when lag ****s you up each round, when you feel like no matter how hard you try, you won't win because the game hates you and to prove it you will trip at each crucial match deciding moment, when the character design is so undeniably unbalanced, I just can't help but rage over this game.
I'm so angry, I don't know how to properly express it within the limits of the law, so--I'm just going to try and chill, and get away from this game.
Now, I make peace.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Take a break, play other games, come back and see how things have progressed.

Or, play Melee.

Mith_

Smash Champion
This makes me wonder is it possible to become good at a fighting (or any) game or are we born destined to be good/bad at certain games?

I find myself to be decent at a lot of games but master of none. =/

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Every game has its subtle key that separates the good from the best.

I'm actually very good at Soul Calibur II, and murder at Day of Reckoning 2, but unfortunately, there is no competitive scene for it rofl.

I think there should be though, DoR 2 has more competitive merit than Brawil imo.

Underload

Lazy
I can understand the frustration, but if I can get 9th place at my first tournament, while not even playing my primary main, you'll probably do a little bit better than first round in your tournament.

Besides, you're better than me. Simple as that.

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
i am as frusterated as you, i have been trying since 06 for the **** smash community to even recognize who i am at all, and what have i got...? nothing... I am extremely advanced, learned all the techniques and yadda yadda, but get ****ed over at every tourney... I love going but get so mad becuase i know i can win, I just do one thing wrong... as for taking a break.. it works... when im about to throw my wii out of moving vehicles, then its time for me to take one too... im pretty close as of now...lol and yest still after my long passionate posts and response, as well as my above and beyond efforts to help tournaments run smoothy, and help tournaments like mass madness run/set up. i receive no credibility... im tired of tking the backseat to other players who may not even have half the heart and passion that i do.... i get sick of "strategies" that involve same moves, and yet when i complain i'm """johnning"" there is no excuse for a mess up, but there is also no excuse for being unnoticed for as long as I have been! I have tried so very very very hard to be excellent at this game, but it seems like after 3-4 years of hardcore smashing, I have one winners bracket victory as my greatest accomplishment (first round win)... I have never won a tourney, never been taken seriously, never had a combo video complimented (outside my loving girlfriend)... Im not asking for much tournaments hosts, smashers, pros, etc.. I am just asking for respect!

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
i am as frusterated as you, i have been trying since 06 for the **** smash community to even recognize who i am at all, and what have i got...? nothing... I am extremely advanced, learned all the techniques and yadda yadda, but get ****ed over at every tourney... I love going but get so mad becuase i know i can win, I just do one thing wrong... as for taking a break.. it works... when im about to throw my wii out of moving vehicles, then its time for me to take one too... im pretty close as of now...lol and yest still after my long passionate posts and response, as well as my above and beyond efforts to help tournaments run smoothy, and help tournaments like mass madness run/set up. i receive no credibility... im tired of tking the backseat to other players who may not even have half the heart and passion that i do.... i get sick of "strategies" that involve same moves, and yet when i complain i'm """johnning"" there is no excuse for a mess up, but there is also no excuse for being unnoticed for as long as I have been! I have tried so very very very hard to be excellent at this game, but it seems like after 3-4 years of hardcore smashing, I have one winners bracket victory as my greatest accomplishment (first round win)... I have never won a tourney, never been taken seriously, never had a combo video complimented (outside my loving girlfriend)... Im not asking for much tournaments hosts, smashers, pros, etc.. I am just asking for respect!

I want you to know that if no one else respects you, I respect you. You seem to have passion about playing a game, even though how awkward that sounds.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Anyway, yeah, I'm gonna go with what Teran said...give something else *coughMeleecough* a try...
The only things that will change with Melee is nothing beneficial.
At all.

It'll be like Brawl, only with no wifi, and more techs to fall victim to.
I'll still have no one to consistently train offline, and my loss on the first round of a tourney is guaranteed since I haven't competitively played the game in 3 years.

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
The only things that will change with Melee is nothing beneficial.
At all.

It'll be like Brawl, only with no wifi, and more techs to fall victim to.
I'll still have no one to consistently train offline, and my loss on the first round of a tourney is guaranteed since I haven't competitively played the game in 3 years.
It's a challenge, I'll give you that.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yeah, melee would be the perfect choice since he has no one around to play against! Totally!
/sarcasm

<3 Melee, </3 "play melee" spammers

Just take a break for a little while. Play something else like SFiv (why must I wait until summer?! **** you Capcom and your stupid console whoring! :mad:)

Or mess around with a different genre. I don't know how MarioKart suits you but that has great online even if you're just playing random people. I know this for a fact as my internet sux and MKw doesn't lag at all. As a fellow brawler who has no one outside lagfi to play, I feel your pain. Take a break and you'll come back with a cooled head and a better mindset.;)

Sukai

Smash Champion
Although I do appreciate the kind advice, I find it a bit.....ignorant that I say "I'm taking a break", and yet people are advising me to take a break.

I can't find MarioKart if it was to save my life, and I have Street Fighter 4.
I hate it.

Bandit_Kieth

Smash Apprentice
^ D:

i'd kill to have some time to play Street Fighter 4..
not that i dont have the time, its more the fact i dont have it

either way man, just go do something you enjoy for a bit, take your mind off of things

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I know how you feel. There aren't many people around me who play Brawl in my area and I just got off a 1-15 losing streak on Gamebattles...boy was I mad. But seriously, it does help to take a break to clear your head.

Top Bottom