• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

take'n down falco

NitH

Smash Cadet
i haven't fought a excellent falco yet but i know hes gonna give me much trouble. my friends kinda suck at the game but i have to make due with what i have. n e way i need to find some good tactics to pick up when fighting him... and i also would like to kno if ice climbers would be the better bet in this situation im pretty mean with them. i don't have a clue how to take a falco player that knows all the tricks of the game.

thats all i need to know thx all

The good doctor, trafficking pills in the the community since 1990

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
i haven't fought a excellent falco yet but i know hes gonna give me much trouble. my friends kinda suck at the game but i have to make due with what i have. n e way i need to find some good tactics to pick up when fighting him... and i also would like to kno if ice climbers would be the better bet in this situation im pretty mean with them. i don't have a clue how to take a falco player that knows all the tricks of the game.

thats all i need to know thx all

The good doctor, trafficking pills in the the community since 1990
ic do better than shiek against falco, if that helps you at all.

Ares726

Smash Ace
Hm...a character match-up question about who is better against Falco. If only there was a match-up chart for all characters in the Melee Discussion forum. O wait, there is! Here's the link All Characters' Match-up Chart. Based on that chart, IC do better against Falco than Sheik does.

But, let's say you were going to stay Sheik for the fight (I don't know anything about IC). How could I guide your Sheik in fighting a Falco. Maybe with a Sheik Guide? Well there is a Sheik Guide you could go to to get detailed information on the match-up.

Sorry for all the sarcasm, but looking at the aforementioned things really does help. I'll tell you what I think about the Sheik/Falco match-up though, so I don't look like a total jerk. One important thing to remember against Falcos is that they like to pillar and shine-combo. The way you get out of said combo is by either rolling (lame) or doing a nair out of your shield (awesome). The nair has pretty good priority, stays out for a while, and comes out quickly. Another good tool is the poweshield. I know it sounds like empty advice, but learning how to effectively powershield SHL will help you soooo much in this fight. It completely takes away Falcos primary mode of approach. Also, don't forget needles. Falco may be hard to get over the edge, but once you get him off the stage, he won't come back.

So there's the advice. Look at the Character Match-up Chart. Read the stickied Sheik Guide. Nair out of shield. Powershield. Needle. Win.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
powershield is about the worst advice to get Oo
i tried it, i get about 3-4 powershields a game XD (not bad)

i´m having problems against falco to, what i do is, if they try to dair me, just upair them back....
thats a thing that helps me, for the rest just read the stickied guide like ares said

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
powershield is about the worst advice to get Oo
i tried it, i get about 3-4 powershields a game XD (not bad)

i´m having problems against falco to, what i do is, if they try to dair me, just upair them back....
thats a thing that helps me, for the rest just read the stickied guide like ares said

that's funny because i can powershield lasers about 80% of the time.

oh well, don't listen to me, i know nothing. x.x;;

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
That character match up chart is incredibly stupid. Like, phanna thinks that Peach loses to Y. Link worse than any of the top tiers. wtf.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd pick Marth to take down Falco because of his incredible grab and he can chain grab falco. I'd say that Marth V.S. Falco is about even but it depends on the skill of each player.

Or you can pick peach. =)

Ares726

Smash Ace
that's funny because i can powershield lasers about 80% of the time.
So can I. That's why I thought it was great advice. It's awesome against Falco. I personally love it even more against Peach though. In a tournament held recently I powershielded a bob-omb back into Peach ftw. It was spectacular. yomedrath, don't be noob, learn to powershield.

That character match up chart is incredibly stupid. Like, phanna thinks that Peach loses to Y. Link worse than any of the top tiers. wtf.
That match-up chart does have a ton of flaws. For example, it is just as hard for Sheik to beat Kirby as it is for her to beat Peach? I don't think so. But the match-up chart went so well with my post I had to include it.

EDIT: Plank, when are you going to update the Sheik Guide? Come on man....please....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im sorry :{

i just really dont have free time. When i posted that last response, i just woke up. Now i have school 12-5, and work 5:30-11:30. Its also a half an hour between my work and school.

Then friday im leaving early for cataclysm and i wont be back til monday.

I just don't have much free time these days at ALL, so when i DO actually get free time, i'm not usually thinking about my sheik guide.

x.x, im sorry. hopefully after this semester is over ill have lots more time, or maybe i can get random days or times to put in.

i'll try my hardest, but you have to understand it really is difficult

Ares726

Smash Ace
I totally understand. That's what I figured was going on. I just wanted to poke at you a little bit. It's a great guide and I really respect you for going to all that trouble for people whom you'll probably never meet.

Also, good luck at Cataclysm (if it's a tournament). I'll be rooting for you (regardless of what it is).

EDIT: If there's a way for me to help you out just shoot me a PM. I've got a capture card and everything needed to record with. Just let me know man.

Little Greg

Smash Apprentice
Id say hustla Falco works, n Marth, as long as you dizzont allow spamm'n of brotha as you can CG, ta Utilt, ta Fsmash so jus' chill.

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
humm :)
well, i´m propably not even close to the level you to are, but cause i´ve never seen someone do it in a vid or something, i didnt really think it was that good to use (and i heard some ppl say it wasn´t rentable) also, whenever i do actually get one the falco jumps over it or just continues to SHB right after, and to do a second one, well... i´m not good enough...
maybe i´ll try it again some time....
btw, i learned a lot from your guide XD your kindof my "teacher" *gg* so , what you say is true
but for me, and less experienced players, i think you should learn to play normaly against a falco first... except if you have super good reflexes :)
yome

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah its still good to use though. every falco starts the match SHLing so i have the timing to run up to them, shield, powershield their laser-->grab.

its too funny

NitH

Smash Cadet
Im going to Egl next week in chi so we'll see. n e way Ares your sarcasm was well placed. i need to look around for questions that have already been answered. but thx, every one for the tips

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Lol. I can't powershield worth a cr@p, so I'll be giving you a little different advice. Needles<laser. Hands down. Sure, the lasers can't cancel anything, but in this matchup, needles won't do much of anything with the lasers either. I tend to shy away from the needles because of that. Shield less than you normally would too. You'd probably get baited into a grab. Watch your recovery, go too far in, and you'll get a forward smash in the face. Go too far up, the dair will get you. Those are my only problems with this matchup.

I need to find my smash disk again... Dangit.

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
If you chaingrab, your'e in trouble (probable shine). What I always tend to do is use a lot of fairs and bairs, just to get him away from the ground, since falco is most dangerous there.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
you can't chaingrab falco. the best you could do is tech chase, which is just as good. In this matchup, just grab. Grab>falco. also, needle. needle>falco.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Yes camping is almost always a good strategy. Just camp both space animals, until you get a grab (which shouldn't take too long). Then commence with the gay. Key to beating space animals is tech chasing and edgeguarding.

Hank McCoy

Smash Ace
Yes camping is almost always a good strategy. Just camp both space animals, until you get a grab (which shouldn't take too long). Then commence with the gay. Key to beating space animals is tech chasing and edgeguarding.
camping doesnt work against a good space animal.

ReadySetGo

Smash Ace
Yeah camping a space animal is a bad idea. Space animals camp better than any characters in the game IMO. For space animals spam the bair because it has nice range and if you space it correctly you won't get shield grabbed. Grabbing spacies is difficult, against a good spacie you probably won't be able to shield grab so you will have to depend alot on needle>grab and other grab methods. The DThrow tech chase takes a little learning and quick reflexes, but it helps alot. If they decide not to tech use your gayness senses and DSmash. As always look out for oportunities to FTilt to Fair, then work your needles for teh uber ghey edgeguard! Besides all that the best way to learn how to beat spacies is play against good spacies.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
camp aerial needles near them, sometimes gets u an opening for a grab. and then techchase them to death.

not that i would really recommend it though. lol. but the needling might get u a grab eventually?

super_nintendo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you eventually tick them off. I've been getting a bit better from camping these animals. I've also taken ReadySetGo's advice, and will continue Fairing.

brickman

Smash Lord
I find a very effective tactic against space animals to be is tech chasing into well spaced down smash. Follow their tech again and repeat. Wait for them to shl shfflc nair advance, powershield and stop them in their tracks. Needle them in the face, into grab, get them off the edge and well placed needles in the face until they cant get back.

I play a falco player 5 times a week, its the only way to break his endless cycle of pillar shines!

Top Bottom