• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think the perfect reveal trailer for Phoenix would be having Joker on trial regarding the Smash invitation in the latters reveal trailer that he stole.

Does anyone agree with this? It'd be poetic having began the first pass with Joker and ending the second and Ultimate with the final fighter being Phoenix.

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I think the perfect reveal trailer for Phoenix would be having Joker on trial regarding the Smash invitation in the latters reveal trailer that he stole.

Does anyone agree with this? It'd be poetic having began the first pass with Joker and ending the second and Ultimate with the final fighter being Phoenix.
I think everyone has been predicting this. Personally, I'd prefer to see a jebait, like Sakurai stating in a direct that they're not ready to show the next character yet, then "OBJECTION!", and it cuts to the courtroom. Everyone knows the iconic "OBJECTION!" so I think it would be important to start with that.

MattX20

Smash Hero
When it comes to the Smash ballot, I recall distinctly that both Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright were by far the most popular Capcom characters in most sites that I visited or people who've voted. I know I've seen Dante get votes at the time, but he was still reeling from the rather poorly received reboot, and Dante's requests got larger after both Bayonetta was added and after DMC5.

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice

I personally don't see the appeal in that. Maybe it's cause that exact same idea has been thrown around so many times, but I personally don't even find it that charming
I'd prefer to see a jebait, like Sakurai stating in a direct that they're not ready to show the next character yet, then "OBJECTION!", and it cuts to the courtroom.
This here. I think Phoenix has, among all characters, the biggest potential for that kinda reveal that goes from 0 to 100 instantly

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Those are some fun ideas, but I'd rather not go to 100 right away...I mean, I'd appreciate the relief in being sure he's in, but more suspense would be fun for me ideally. I'd imagine it being a Nintendo Direct, it's a bit awkward now that we only have one smash character left but oh well, they say they're done "Hold it!" oh, well here's this last thing...

A TGS style presentation with Phoenix, Maya, Edgeworth, the Judge and others all in court discussing something vague. The audience watching this trailer would ideally be like "Oh is this a new Ace Attorney? Wait why old art then, uhh, I guess that's normal" and then the discussion in court gives some more hints..."suspense" literally starts playing... Phoenix, who is just as in the dark as the audience, asks "...wait, WHAT are we talking about?" and it then clearly becomes Maya, Edgeworth, the Judge, the whole gallery, arguing that Phoenix has to get into Smash. Phoenix is a bit afraid and argues why he shouldn't, they point out the contradictions and ruin his argument, Phoenix tries to bluff his way out, but they respond "oh no no Mr. Wright, the only place you're going is to Smash!" and poor Phoenix, the music amps up, blabbers "Wait, wait I tell you, I can't!" Maya smiles "Here is comes" Edgeworth shrugs "This part never gets old" Phoenix finally lets out "Objection!" for his splash screen - like it says "Phoenix Wright Joins the Fight" or something but "Objection!" quickly replaces the part after his name - and then it goes to gameplay, I've always imagined something like that, and also Maya mentioning how all the spirits around in Ultimate is perfect for her training, something like that! <3

SmashSSL

Smash Apprentice
Those are some fun ideas, but I'd rather not go to 100 right away...I mean, I'd appreciate the relief in being sure he's in, but more suspense would be fun for me ideally. I'd imagine it being a Nintendo Direct, it's a bit awkward now that we only have one smash character left but oh well, they say they're done "Hold it!" oh, well here's this last thing...
That's what I mean by from 0 to 100. It would be immediately obvious who the character is from the instant the "Hold it" speech bubble appears.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That's what I mean by from 0 to 100. It would be immediately obvious who the character is from the instant the "Hold it" speech bubble appears.
Oh, well I'm imagining a general Nintendo Direct and launching into it without the smash logo intro thing, instead of a Smash specific presentation with Sakurai getting interrupted, to make it a bit less obvious, but hey I'd gladly take either

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I imagine the reveal will be in a regular Nintendo Direct and the trailer is starting in the Super Mario Sunshine court with Mario on trial - every viewer will be confused on what this means - to everyone's surprise instead of Peach screaming "Objection" it is Phoenix, who proves Mario's innocence and then is invited to join Smash, where the Sunshine courtroom transitions into the Ace Attorney courtroom and Mario, Peach, Phoenix & co. are battling it out.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
So I'm diving into TGAA (it's midnight here in Aus!) and I can already see it's a great collection. Unused music tracks with comments from the composer, concept art, voice lines etc. A true and complete compendium of the two games. Enjoy everyone! The AA hype train had plenty of fuel left.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I'm currently not in the mood to play The Great Ace Attorney at the moment due to personal life stuff, but I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I can.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Guys capcom is running a survey please answer it if you have the time
https://www.asia.capcom.com/qa/great1-2/index2.html

I dont wanna say this could lead into the finally acknowledged Investigations 2 getting localized but

this could lead into the finally acknowledged Investigations 2 getting localized
Honestly at this point i dont even want investigations 2 officially localized, so used to the fan translations names for everyone and I'll never get used to whatever Capcom comes up with.

Ny0kazer

Smash Apprentice
Guys capcom is running a survey please answer it if you have the time
https://www.asia.capcom.com/qa/great1-2/index2.html

I dont wanna say this could lead into the finally acknowledged Investigations 2 getting localized but

this could lead into the finally acknowledged Investigations 2 getting localized
Unfortunately, there isn't really an area to say what you want for Ace Attorney's future (other than if you want Great Ace Attorney 3). Also, there's a bunch of questions that ask about your opinions on stuff that you might want to hold off answering before finishing at least a decent chunk of Great Ace Attorney 1 (no spoilers though).

Still, it's great that Capcom is taking feedback.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My copy was supposed to arrive from Amazon today.

Amazon still says its coming today.

But its like 9 PM.

Guess I'm not playing it tonight.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

MasterCheef

Smash Ace

I agree with both

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Gotta say I am really loving the character designs in GAA. They're much more detailed than the old spritework allowed but also have a lot of personality. Like the Japanese judge looks absolutely sick. Also commentary on neocolonialism I think? Which is a turn I didn't quite expect but hey it's neat

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I'm so happy the game seems to be doing amazing with reviews. Hopefully that convinces more people to try the series out

MattX20

Smash Hero
Been playing the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles copy that I got yesterday. I'm just wrapping up the second case of the first game, and it's pretty decent so far, though Susato's physical acts and shifting blame to Ryunosuke is kinda annoying

Top Bottom