• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I don't really have much hopes for most of my character wishlist outside of Phoenix and Dantes combined chances, if this statement about ending Ultimate DLC after this pass is true then I can only hope at least one of them makes it in.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
We've got more than a year and 9 months until the posted end date for Fighter's Pass 2. I really find it unlikely Nintendo would plan for more DLC that far ahead of time, considering that there's a plausible theory that Nintendo didn't even pick the fighters for FP2 until September/October of last year. Heck, the first fighter of FP2 hasn't been revealed yet, so Nintendo doesn't even know how many people will buy the pass.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
There's nothing pointing towards it, but man I hope we get an AA7 trailer at the next general direct

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There's nothing pointing towards it, but man I hope we get an AA7 trailer at the next general direct
If I'm right Capcom did confirm in 2018? that they were developing a new Ace Attorney for Switch. At least I recall reading something like that. Or maybe they were talking about the original trilogy.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If I'm right Capcom did confirm in 2018? that they were developing a new Ace Attorney for Switch. At least I recall reading something like that. Or maybe they were talking about the original trilogy.
Capcom never confirmed it if I was correct. It was all report and rumors from insiders.
https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/13...new-ace-attorney-for-switch-plus-compilations
https://games.mxdwn.com/news/ace-attorney-game-in-development-for-the-switch/

That was in November of 2017. Two years later, only one of the compilations has been released. Maybe they were making a new engine or were stuck in dev hell thinking of what to do after SoJ. Either way. I hope we are not in a hiatus just because DGS2 sold poorly. Even if they don't want to make another mainline game. Then I would be ready for AAI3 set after the timeskip.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Capcom never confirmed it if I was correct. It was all report and rumors from insiders.
https://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/11/13...new-ace-attorney-for-switch-plus-compilations

That was in November of 2017. Two years later, only one of the compilations has been released. Maybe they were making a new engine or were stuck in dev hell thinking of what to do after SoJ. Either way. I hope we are not in a hiatus just because DGS2 sold poorly. Even if they don't want to make another mainline game. Then I would be ready for AAI3 set after the timeskip.
Wouldn't surprise me if they had to spend a bit of time figuring out how Phoenix, Apollo and Athena would fit into the next main game considering how SOJ ends.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
Well, maybe AA7 just began development when these rumours appeared. Also, even if Ace Attorney already made the jump to 3D, it's not the same a game developed for the 3DS as one thought for the Switch. Maybe they're trying to make a strong improvement in terms of visuals and other things. I don't think they're stuck because of the story and characters.

I don't know how large was the team behind previous entries. Maybe for AA7 they have a smaller team? Just guessing.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Ace Attorney 7 is the game that doesn't currently exist that I'm most excited for. It would be great to play a brand new game on both the TV, for a more cinematic experience, and in handheld mode, resembling the other games in the series. It would also be the first brand new installment in the series to be in HD, and everything from in-game to cutscenes would look gorgeous with a higher resolution. It's been a while since Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, but I feel pretty confident that Ace Attorney 7 has been in development for at least a year or two, and we may see it sometime this year or next year. Either way, I want more people to find out about this amazing series, and getting a tease for the game in the next Direct would be great, of course. Hopefully 2020 is the year where Ace Attorney rises from the ashes.

Krankees

Smash Ace
I listened to Turnabout Sisters Ballad again. Instantly got hit in the feels.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Ace Attorney 7 is the game that doesn't currently exist that I'm most excited for. It would be great to play a brand new game on both the TV, for a more cinematic experience, and in handheld mode, resembling the other games in the series. It would also be the first brand new installment in the series to be in HD, and everything from in-game to cutscenes would look gorgeous with a higher resolution. It's been a while since Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice, but I feel pretty confident that Ace Attorney 7 has been in development for at least a year or two, and we may see it sometime this year or next year. Either way, I want more people to find out about this amazing series, and getting a tease for the game in the next Direct would be great, of course. Hopefully 2020 is the year where Ace Attorney rises from the ashes.
Yeah, for me it's a bit hard to believe that they are not, at least, in pre-production for the next game.
Even if the series doesn't sell as good as IPs such as Resident Evil, Ace Attorney is a series that fits very well with the Switch concept, so I believe that they will try at least making a new game for the console. If the game meets their expectations then they will probably make more games, I guess.

Though I guess the game would cost more resources than previous AA entries even if it's because for the jump to 3D.
Edit: sorry, just read my post, I meant HD, not 3D lol

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
Yeah, for me it's a bit hard to believe that they are not, at least, in pre-production for the next game.
Even if the series doesn't sell as good as IPs such as Resident Evil, Ace Attorney is a series that fits very well with the Switch concept, so I believe that they will try at least making a new game for the console. If the game meets their expectations then they will probably make more games, I guess.

Though I guess the game would cost more resources than previous AA entries even if it's because for the jump to 3D.
Edit: sorry, just read my post, I meant HD, not 3D lol
I wonder how they will take the jump to HD.
I actually dislike the look the HD Trilogy because they look like a cheap comic-book and the characters are actually missing frames of animations which makes everything so stiff and awkward to look at.

If they are going 3D again they need to rework those models so they look like perfect cell-shaded imitations of the artstyle they are advertising. Also, work on those animations, just with the first case of DGS one can notice how inmobile and stiff DD and SoJ are becuase they try to imitate the limited animation the 2D games had. 3D models are cheaper, so move them around and make the characters look alive like the DGS series does.

Or....
Take a look at Rayman Legends, Cuphead and the Persona portraits and make 2D character sprites in HD. I actually dream with an AA game actually looking like the universe they show in artworks like this (Basically the DS games but much more cleaner):

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I just hope that, if we go back to 2D, we have less stiff animations than the HD rereleases of the OG trilogy, or god forbid something like DR where there's no animation to speak of. I dunno how much you can expect out of a relatively low budget series like AA in the HD department if we keep something akin to the 3DS games, but I hope Capcom does a better job than some others franchises generally associated with handhelds moving onto far more powerful systems *cough*Pokemon*cough*Fire Emblem*cough*.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I just hope that, if we go back to 2D, we have less stiff animations than the HD rereleases of the OG trilogy, or god forbid something like DR where there's no animation to speak of. I dunno how much you can expect out of a relatively low budget series like AA in the HD department if we keep something akin to the 3DS games, but I hope Capcom does a better job than some others franchises generally associated with handhelds moving onto far more powerful systems *cough*Pokemon*cough*Fire Emblem*cough*.
fire emblem has had plenty of home console releases i dont think theyre generally associated with handhelds

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
fire emblem has had plenty of home console releases i dont think theyre generally associated with handhelds
the majority of them never left Japan, 5 out of the 8 games localized were handheld exclusive, I think it's fair to say globally it's more associated with a handheld experience than a console one.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Nintendo Direct on Thursday, will be announced by Nintendo tomorrow. Phoenix Wright will object his way into the Direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nintendo Direct on Thursday, will be announced by Nintendo tomorrow. Phoenix Wright will object his way into the Direct.
Phoenix being the opener for FP2 would be a dream come true.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I mean, if Sakurais words regarding the next fighter taking sometime before it's revealed is true (one of the things I actively thing he has 0 reason to lie about), I wouldn't expect any reveals until April at the earliest, and I'm putting my chips on an E3 dual reveal tbh. If we get a direct this month or the next one I wouldn't count to see Smash to be present in it at all.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
I mean, if Sakurais words regarding the next fighter taking sometime before it's revealed is true (one of the things I actively thing he has 0 reason to lie about), I wouldn't expect any reveals until April at the earliest, and I'm putting my chips on an E3 dual reveal tbh. If we get a direct this month or the next one I wouldn't count to see Smash to be present in it at all.
I have to disagree, Sakurai did say it might take a while before they show the next character, but that statement is actually really ambiguous.
My take on his statement is that he didn't actually know when they'd have a chance to reveal FP6 so he just told us to be patient, besides, I really doubt the next character is still in a very early development state, so it might be wise for them to show what's next to keep people interested in the game.

Last edited:

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
If they want to reveal the next fighter so soon (I personally think they won't reveal anything until April), it will be with a very old game engine or anime cutscene with not gameplay at all. I wonder who's the perfect candidate for that....

Krankees

Smash Ace
I was gonna start Spirit of Justice today but for some reason it doesn't support my phone's aspect ratio even though Dual Destinies fits just fine. I'll probably have to use an app player on my laptop.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
That's really good for a year ago, hopefully he's moved up even further since some of the other slots are fighters/Mii costumes now.
I swear I will never understand Waddle Dee's popularity. This is coming from a Kirby fan
I know how you feel. I was a Marx fan but having him as a boss is more than enough.

Dukemon102

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8185-5597-2987
No Direct Announcement today.... you what that means mr. KirbyMonadoBoy KirbyMonadoBoy

BTW, we got a single Warframe spirit as the announcement of the week. Not a single Capcom soul has been touched for now. I'm already specting a Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe or Okami spirit events any of this Tuesdays.... because personally... that would speak good for Ace Attorney's chances (And I don't want Devil May Cry to be the sacrificed horse to get those chances up). LMAO imagine if someday a Capcom-themed Spirit event gets annonuced with Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan, Phoenix, Dante and Frank West as the spirits.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
No Direct Announcement today.... you what that means mr. KirbyMonadoBoy KirbyMonadoBoy

BTW, we got a single Warframe spirit as the announcement of the week. Not a single Capcom soul has been touched for now. I'm already specting a Darkstalkers, Viewtiful Joe or Okami spirit events any of this Tuesdays.... because personally... that would speak good for Ace Attorney's chances (And I don't want Devil May Cry to be the sacrificed horse to get those chances up). LMAO imagine if someday a Capcom-themed Spirit event gets annonuced with Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe, Morrigan, Phoenix, Dante and Frank West as the spirits.
I've been convinced there would be a Direct this week so I'm feeling the unlimited penalty right about now too.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory

I think regardless of whose our main Capcom horse, we all cry if that happens lol.

Top Bottom