• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

MegaHaagie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaHaagie
3DS FC
2320-6201-6295
Keep in mind Sakurai never ever said "Video game characters only", so it was never actually a good argument on your part either way. He said no Manga/Anime characters. It can be applied to some other mediums like Comics technically due to translation differences(since Anime could be considered Cartoons too in Sakurai's mind when he made that statement), but it'll never cover every print media(regular Books, Live-Action TV, Live-Action Films) regardless. In addition, not every Anime started from a Manga alone, which would explain why he bothered to mention the word Anime.

The only Goku that was never possible is the Dragonball one, with the original Journey to the West one being possible since it never contradicted Sakurai's statements in any way(especially during Brawl). It's obvious which one the guy was referring to due to the description you gave, but people should at least make an argument based upon the facts, not a false statement people took very much out of context. Just like how that statement never officially applied to Smash 4 either. That was a very specific Brawl 3rd Party-based statement. What he has said about SSB4 3rd Parties is that they need to be "special" in some way to get added. In fact, the only statement during Brawl's time that can still be applied is that every 3rd Party character needs to be in a Nintendo game too.

In other words, your argument isn't much better if you're not actually using facts, which is currently the case here. Goku(Dragonball) will never get in(bar Sakurai changing his mind about letting Manga/Anime 3rd Party characters in) solely due to the fact he's from a Manga. And that's only a Brawl-based argument. We don't even know if it can be applied during Smash 4, even with DLC. I'm not going to pretend it has a chance of happening, of course.
I probably should've worded that better, because what they were saying was that it's unlikely that an anime/manga character makes it into SSB, and even if he had his own games I don't think Sakurai would consider him 'special' enough to add him into the roster.
Also, I never actually joined the argument. I was just quoting what the other guys were telling him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I probably should've worded that better, because what they were saying was that it's unlikely that an anime/manga character makes it into SSB, and even if he had his own games I don't think Sakurai would consider him 'special' enough to add him into the roster.
Also, I never actually joined the argument. I was just quoting what the other guys were telling him.
Unfortunately for them, it's solely impossible for him to be in if he kept that rule to Smash 4. I don't know about the special part, though. He's extremely popular, has a ton of movies/games/adaptions, etc. Could even be argued as a Manga icon. Regardless, both arguments against and for him were awful anyway. Being a martial artist won't get him added(his icon status may have worked if it was probably not impossible due to being from a Manga alone), and him not originating from a video game specifically has no bearing, since people can even argue "Electronic Toys" like Game & Watch don't count as video games. Yes, this argument sadly exists. Despite those things being the exact same thing as a handheld video game, just with a built-in screen.(oh, wait, isn't that what the Gameboy is? Exactly) Some take "labels" too far. Consider the fact that Sakurai blatantly acknowledges the Pokemon Anime. He's not as pedant as some people say(that also can work for the Manga/Anime rule, since he probably didn't strictly mean those exact words in every Language, but the general media they're akin to).

And my bad, I thought you were part of it. But yeah, it's too bad none of them did any research. I'm just laughing at all of them equally, since it's just bad all around.

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
My personal favorite crazy Goku (or any other Anime/Manga character) people are the ones who claim he can be in because Lucario's first appearance was in a film, not a game. That is some serious lawyering **** there.

LF2K

Floor Diver
The only thing Lucario and Goku have in common is a voice actor. I wounder if Sean Schemmel is even aware how crazy people can get over Goku?

Granted, the idea of game characters and anime characters duking it out would be pretty sweet. But it's not happening in Smash.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
I know we've got a good laugh out of Powerpuff related things, but this is actually kind of cool.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder if Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion (underrated Smash knock-off if you ask me) is responsible for some of these Powerpuff Girls posts?

LF2K

Floor Diver
Heaven only knows where some of those posts come from. Some things are probably best left unanswered. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Granted, the idea of game characters and anime characters duking it out would be pretty sweet. But it's not happening in Smash.
Well, fangames help.

My personal favorite crazy Goku (or any other Anime/Manga character) people are the ones who claim he can be in because Lucario's first appearance was in a film, not a game. That is some serious lawyering **** there.
Don't people know it only applies to 3rd Party characters anyway? Regardless, that includes stuff like Wreck-It Ralph. No, "4th Party" does not exist either. It's still legitimately 3rd Party stuff. That's just a fan name for non-game characters.

Popotheomnipotent

Smash Cadet
Hey there.Long time lurker here.You may call me KingDux(still getting named changed).I might as well share this with you guys.

Note that this guy is apparently 14.

Edit: I noticed a while back that someone said that there weren't enough fnaf 2 pictures on miiverse.

I took it upon myself to do it out of boredom.

If someone could help me out with the spoilers, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
...Another bad troll? Not surprised. :facepalm: Lol at the Admins being "computers" and not real people. Computers can't check for things without reading key words. With swearing being outright impossible, and no way to read an offensive image, they need to have human beings actually delete posts. -_-
Actually, there must be some kind of filter. Posted a custom Megaman X password, it was quite clearly one, I might add, and it was taken down shortly after. Thankfully they put it back when I asked, but yaknow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Actually, there must be some kind of filter. Posted a custom Megaman X password, it was quite clearly one, I might add, and it was taken down shortly after. Thankfully they put it back when I asked, but yaknow.
Yes, they filter out "words" that you can't post period. That's not what I mean, regardless. If it was taken down, that means somebody reported it. The password's wording could've been viewed as somewhat offensive, or some other reason. Were you told why?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yes, they filter out "words" that you can't post period. That's not what I mean, regardless. If it was taken down, that means somebody reported it. The password's wording could've been viewed as somewhat offensive, or some other reason. Were you told why?
Personal information. It has the exact same number of numbers as a FC. And I posted it as a comment in a friend's post in an otherwise dead community. Since I somehow have an otherwise clean record, I won't be trying that again any time soon. For the record, the password is 8468-5662-4524, and starts you with all hearts, sub-tanks, and upgrades with no bosses defeated, an impossible feat.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personal information. It has the exact same number of numbers as a FC. And I posted it as a comment in a friend's post in an otherwise dead community. Since I somehow have an otherwise clean record, I won't be trying that again any time soon. For the record, the password is 8468-5662-4524, and starts you with all hearts, sub-tanks, and upgrades with no bosses defeated, an impossible feat.
Ah. Understandable. Honest mistake. Well, that happens, and nobody's perfect. It looks just like a FC after all. I don't know why you can't share them on Miiverse though. :urg:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Ah. Understandable. Honest mistake. Well, that happens, and nobody's perfect. It looks just like a FC after all. I don't know why you can't share them on Miiverse though. :urg:
They're not allowed because of something that happened with Swapnote, even though internet Swapnote is disabled now.
Also... I am leaning on the side of admins being computers. One time when I posted a Miiverse post link it got deleted for sharing friend codes, most likely because the program just scanned the numbers on the link and 'thought' it was friend codes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They're not allowed because of something that happened with Swapnote, even though internet Swapnote is disabled now.
Also... I am leaning on the side of admins being computers. One time when I posted a Miiverse post link it got deleted for sharing friend codes, most likely because the program just scanned the numbers on the link and 'thought' it was friend codes.
I doubt it. Computers just can't read tones. They're absolutely human, but I can see the computers bieng used under certain situations.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sadly, I only remember a few brief parts of it, such as him calling the Zelda fans "Zelda noobs" and probably the worst misspelling of the word "shall" that I've ever witnessed.
I think I know who you're talking about. If the guys name was Caleb, had brown hair, and a red shirt then that guy is actually a friend of mine. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The link I posted was the guy complaining about who reported him when he posted "I POOED MY SISTERS PANTIES" earlier.
What an important and lovely thing for him to announce to a bunch of random people on the Internet.

Seriously, what drives people to say things like this out of the clear blue?

I guess they just think random gross stuff like that is funny.

____

And as long as I've posted already:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAABpVFs0n5MRZg

Holy hell, he's both against Goku and he even seems to acknowledge Miiverse's unusual obsession with him.

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
Suddenly, I feel like the only autistic person on Miiverse who isn't obsessed with the Powerpuff Girls. :ohwell: It does feel a bit coincidental that they both seem to have very similar traits.
I'm autistic, I have a Miiverse account (though I rarely go on because brain cells are pretty important), and I don't find any...qualities in the PPG that are worth obsessing over. In other words, you're not alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom