• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I guess that makes sense, though it seems quite a bit tamer than most other fanservice seen in games. I mean, it's not like she's completely....................................... Exposed.
Sure, and granted I've seen far worse in games, especially by Nintendo (NES Metroid anyone?), and also to be fair I have not actually played or seen the game (which by the looks of the lampshade it's meant to be played for laughs), but I can at least see where he's coming from.

Edit:

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I actually wouldn't mind this happening, if it were possible.

Still no posts in relation to the sequel yet surprisingly.

They'll turn up sooner or later though. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wow. :crazy: I don't even think Sonic '06's glitches were this bad.
That's because they weren't. Or they weren't glitches and just somewhat unpolished gameplay. Mach Speed section has no glitches to speak of. You just had such little control it seemed like that. You lost all your rings by hitting anything, a poor design. Even Sonic Boom fixed that somewhat; You lost rings based upon the damage you took. Shadow the Hedgehog did it best with 10 rings a pop. Unfortunately, Boom 3DS does "all rings" too, a major downside to that version.

The homing attacks generally didn't hit their mark well in 06. And Sonic was somewhat slippery during any Ring Dashes. Knuckles and Rouge couldn't jump well during a current climbing session. Silver had no problemsome glitches to speak of, as the rest were during multiplayer, where he could send his ally flying offscreen to his death. Many love to do this for fun. Shadow's vehicles weren't glitchy at all, but still didn't control well. Better than his own game, but not by much. Closer to Sonic Heroes' level of vehicle control, or perhaps the Walkers in Adventure 2(although still not as nice as them).

People seriously overexaggerate the "glitches". Not even the final story has them. They were just poorly designed by placing tons of easy deaths all around. The game is quite mediocre overall, although it makes up for it with pretty good graphics, awesome music, and pretty good voice acting. Sonic and Elise had pretty bad characterization, although to be fair, Sonic's story was kind of the weakest one anyway. The other 2 were better, and more important overall. For a game that was rushed, it still turned out somewhat alright. Also, apparently Rise of Lyric had one playtester while 06 had a ton(although 06 had more, they were fired and the game released as more of an Obvious Beta as we can tell). If that's not even worse, Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis was also rushed and turned out far worse than 06 by a large margin. It was almost unplayable, and the music wasn't good either. It was a very quick rush job for a port. It was panned beyond heavily, and not mostly from people who never played it too. It and the Game.Com version of Sonic Jam are the only non-Bootlegs to have the lowest scores of any Sonic game in history. There's other stinkers, but not to this degree.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Gee, I don't know. Why would people hate the psychopathic murderous doll from Hell bent on killing anything that moves?
Truly we're the evil ones.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Heh, that fellow's feed is just those posts. Nothing like scavenging the YouTube community for oddball things, huh?

Speaking of which, poor Bubbles looks like she's slowly starting to go insane.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmJ09ImtA

Oh, and this one made me laugh. Even though is was probably on purpose. Granny's totally rocking the blue hair.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGjZJpl4w

I'll let this one speak for itself.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKEzEBOZCA

Last edited:

MegaHaagie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaHaagie
3DS FC
2320-6201-6295
@ MegaHaagie MegaHaagie The one you've edited into your post was deleted. What was it, may I ask?
'its strange that goku isnt in ssb4 yet bcos he's a master of martial arts and hes better fighter than all other charcters and he has his own games.'
^ Something like that.
Also once he realized he couldn't win the argument (there were like 3 other people trying to tell him that it's video game characters only) he decided to start cussing in Spanish.
Truly an intelligent individual.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
'its strange that goku isnt in ssb4 yet bcos he's a master of martial arts and hes better fighter than all other charcters and he has his own games.'
^ Something like that.
Also once he realized he couldn't win the argument (there were like 3 other people trying to tell him that it's video game characters only) he decided to start cussing in Spanish.
Truly an intelligent individual.
Keep in mind Sakurai never ever said "Video game characters only", so it was never actually a good argument on your part either way. He said no Manga/Anime characters. It can be applied to some other mediums like Comics technically due to translation differences(since Anime could be considered Cartoons too in Sakurai's mind when he made that statement), but it'll never cover every print media(regular Books, Live-Action TV, Live-Action Films) regardless. In addition, not every Anime started from a Manga alone, which would explain why he bothered to mention the word Anime.

The only Goku that was never possible is the Dragonball one, with the original Journey to the West one being possible since it never contradicted Sakurai's statements in any way(especially during Brawl). It's obvious which one the guy was referring to due to the description you gave, but people should at least make an argument based upon the facts, not a false statement people took very much out of context. Just like how that statement never officially applied to Smash 4 either. That was a very specific Brawl 3rd Party-based statement. What he has said about SSB4 3rd Parties is that they need to be "special" in some way to get added. In fact, the only statement during Brawl's time that can still be applied is that every 3rd Party character needs to be in a Nintendo game too.

In other words, your argument isn't much better if you're not actually using facts, which is currently the case here. Goku(Dragonball) will never get in(bar Sakurai changing his mind about letting Manga/Anime 3rd Party characters in) solely due to the fact he's from a Manga. And that's only a Brawl-based argument. We don't even know if it can be applied during Smash 4, even with DLC. I'm not going to pretend it has a chance of happening, of course.

Last edited:
Top Bottom