• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

LF2K

Floor Diver
So the war is starting in a few days. I can feel the immaturity levels rising.

It seems the warmongers will report any posts on the 10th. Guess I'll avoid Miiverse. :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
Apparently it's a bunch of whiny, immature kids who are fed up with the admins. They feel the need to take matters in their own hands.

pickle962

Smash Lord
So now people in the miiverse are calling Palutena OP, the next MetaKnight, and how she's gonna be supposedly banned from tournaments based off of todays pic which showcases her up smash and one of her many specials, "Heavenly Light". In the case of Heavenly Light, the enemies caught in it won't flinch (meaning they won't really react to the damage being done to them), so once again, the Miiverse never ceases to amaze me :)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, I gave the man a reply and well...
View attachment 17726
Don't you just love the desperation? I'll be honest I don't even want to report it, that would imply a reaction was involved. And why would I give such a "majestic" comeback as this even that?
I replied too, under the name "Kevin α". I kinda want to see how far he'll go with what he's saying.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
So, I gave the man a reply and well...
View attachment 17726
Don't you just love the desperation? I'll be honest I don't even want to report it, that would imply a reaction was involved. And why would I give such a "majestic" comeback as this even that?
I replied too, under the name "Kevin α". I kinda want to see how far he'll go with what he's saying.
Hi, I'm Goldonhead.

Considering he specifically replied to Substitute, I honestly can't tell if he's ignoring me or just not disputing the argument I made.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hi, I'm Goldonhead.

Considering he specifically replied to Substitute, I honestly can't tell if he's ignoring me or just not disputing the argument I made.
I'd assume either:
A.) He used me as a scapegoat to get out of said argument.
B.) He just really wanted to make fun of me.

And I honestly find the former more sensical than the latter.

Edit:
upload_2014-7-8_14-47-49.png

...I don't get it.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I found some details about the war.
The're not going to attack by spamming.
They're going to false-report all posts in every community.

Considering Miiverse's flawed report system (guilty until proven innocent), it might actually cause damage.

Uh oh.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Considering Miiverse's flawed report system (guilty until proven innocent), it might actually cause damage.

Uh oh.
...Just curious. If your account is banned, does that mean you can't access the eShop?

Last edited:

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3

Uh oh.
well, looks like I'm not gonna be on Miiverse on July 10th, I'm not getting banned because some whining Miiversers are trying to make the admins look bad

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
...Just curious. If you're account is banned, does that mean you can't access the eShop?
Some people say that you can't if your violation's serious enough, but I don't know for sure.

What I do know is people are willing and do buy multiple consoles en masse to circumvent bans - that's why the likes of Nahatroll, Wieczorek, and Tellmemore are still around, and why Hatty kept coming back until recently.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
well, looks like I'm not gonna be on Miiverse on July 10th, I'm not getting banned because some whining Miiversers are trying to make the admins look bad
It sucks for me. I tend to post on different communities. So I have a big chance of being done for.

Some people say that you can't if your violation's serious enough, but I don't know for sure.

What I do know is people are willing and do buy multiple consoles en masse to circumvent bans - that's why the likes of Nahatroll, Wieczorek, and Tellmemore are still around, and why Hatty kept coming back until recently.
Well, crap. The thing is mostly get games from the eShop. If it's gone, then my games are gone too (which is especially sucky since I planned on getting Super Dodge Ball sometime).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Uh oh.
Excellent.
Time to get my lawn chair and popcorn to watch this go down.

And by lawn chair and popcorn, I mean computer chair and Domino's Specialty Chicken.

pickle962

Smash Lord

Uh oh.
Ehh, I wouldn't worry about it! I imagine Nintendo might rework the report system if things get too out of hand i.e every gaming site reports on this "war" when it happens!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Excellent.
Time to get my lawn chair and popcorn to watch this go down.

And by lawn chair and popcorn, I mean computer chair and Domino's Specialty Chicken.
And while you do that I'll be fearing for my life hoping and praying I don't get wrongly banned.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm pretty sure severe punishments are only after the post has been manually reviewed by a person. I think you'll be fine.

Here's how it works - after a report is sent, the post is automatically hidden for later review. If it's a true infraction , a warning or ban is sent. If it's not, the report's deleted.

That's still a lot if hidden posts, though.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well if not, then here's hoping I have a way to tell the admins I was wrongfully accused.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Well if not, then here's hoping I have a way to tell the admins I was wrongfully accused.
I was banned for two weeks before (for mentioning Project M, an actual offense in their eyes). They do have a system for that.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Worst Case Scenario: The Miiversites piss off the admins and somehow the PotD ends up being delayed a long time. :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Worst Case Scenario: The Miiversites piss off the admins and somehow the PotD ends up being delayed a long time. :troll:
Nonono, worst case scenario: Sakurai is console-banned by mistake. :p

In all seriousness, though, if they have as many followers as I think they do, it will be chaos. The admins are only human, after all.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I imagine THIS will be the song that plays when **** hits the fan on Thursday over at the Miiverse as admins decked out in riot gear, stun guns, tear gas, guns full of tranquilizer darts, and 50 pound banhammers tied to their waist ready to squash the plebeians we call "newfags" as they dart left and right praying they escape before their heinous mega plan to dethrone admins goes awry as they are taken into internet custody for questioning and interrogation!

Skip to 1:27 for that's when the song gets good ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Forget IGN, GameSpot, and all of those review sites! We have an unbiased intellectual reviewing A Link Between Worlds!

pickle962

Smash Lord
Doesn't seem much different from the average blockbuster game review (Call of Duty anybody or Mass Effect 3 for that matter)

Top Bottom