• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Whelp I decided to test out the project m thing.

*a few minutes later*

wow

also is there anyway I can change my smashboards username to "Alexandoop"?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Whelp I decided to test out the project m thing.

*a few minutes later*

wow

also is there anyway I can change my smashboards username to "Alexandoop"?
You can change your username with Premium.

Also, don't abreviate Paper Mario as PM on Miiverse

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
You can change your username with Premium.

Also, don't abreviate Paper Mario as PM on Miiverse
ah, whelp I'm 16 and have no credit card, ohwell.

as for the PM thing, now I can just imagine admins banning people that are like "ohboy I'm gonna get the new smash bros at 12 PM October 3rd! :D"

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Whoah, posts referencing Project M are being taken down?
Holy Crap.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Whoah, posts referencing Project M are being taken down?
Holy Crap.
And Paper Mario. And the Prime Minister. And Personal Messages. And the any time in the afternoon or evening.

It's automatic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Can you not say "PM" at all? Man, they must hate Project M.
Well, technically since it's a mod they consider it hacking.

Though, it's funny how they have this rule:
"In communities dedicated to a specific game, please stay on topic, and only make posts relevant to that community and that contribute to the overall discussion. When someone posts on an unrelated topic, it may detract from users who want to discuss the game."
And look where we are now!

LF2K

Floor Diver
Apparently, a bunch of kids are upset because the admins are doing what they're supposed to. So they feel the need to wage war against the admins.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADRUqGGl3DoHA
This person posted this on my Miiverse post about my prediction on what's gonna happen at the war.

Something tells me he's not telling me everything about playing innocent and threatening to report me. I've gotten warnings (no bans) for MUCH WORSE than what he did. Here's what warnings I've gotten:

- Mentioning Project M
- Saying, "Justice League? You mean Batman and his b*****s"
- Saying Swapnote was discontinued because sick minded people used it to abuse children (which was actually a fact).
- Saying one person's drawing of Villager his eyes looked like boobs (they actually did).

There's a chance there were wrong accusations on Miiverse but it can't be anyhere near as many complain.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADRUqGGl3DoHA
This person posted this on my Miiverse post about my prediction on what's gonna happen at the war.

Something tells me he's not telling me everything about playing innocent and threatening to report me. I've gotten warnings (no bans) for MUCH WORSE than what he did. Here's what warnings I've gotten:

- Mentioning Project M
- Saying, "Justice League? You mean Batman and his b*****s"
- Saying Swapnote was discontinued because sick minded people used it to abuse children (which was actually a fact).
- Saying one person's drawing of Villager his eyes looked like boobs (they actually did).

There's a chance there were wrong accusations on Miiverse but it can't be anyhere near as many complain.
When I read it I didn't know what exactly he was saying.
One part made it look like was was supporting you, and then another looked like he was against you. I blame the word choice.

SmashBoar

Smash Ace
NNID
GuardianOfZone3
wait... I just realized something
the whole point of this war is to stop people from getting wrongfully banned, and Miiverse plans to go about this war by...... wrongfully banning everyone....

how does this even...... how does this even work!?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
the whole point of this war is to stop people from getting wrongfully banned, and Miiverse plans to go about this war by...... wrongfully banning everyone....

Simple, it's called stupidity.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
And I'm guessing that Nintendo is against that then. I'm surprised that PM is still alive.
It mostly comes down to how much a company feels like fighting a situation. Yes technically Project M falls into that weird legality catagory that isn't very clear cut. So in Nintendo's case it was probably better just to leave it be since it's not being used to make money and going after it would probably do more harm then it would help.

Since outside of emulation, Project M still requires a legitmate copy of the game so it's not losing them money particularly either.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It mostly comes down to how much a company feels like fighting a situation. Yes technically Project M falls into that weird legality catagory that isn't very clear cut. So in Nintendo's case it was probably better just to leave it be since it's not being used to make money and going after it would probably do more harm then it would help.

Since outside of emulation, Project M still requires a legitmate copy of the game so it's not losing them money particularly either.
I'm almost positive Nintendo doesn't want any more people playing it (and supporting hacking in general), but they don't want to upset the community by killing it either. Yet, anyway.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494

I think they're trying to go for a fresh start approach, something like nuking a country to rebuild :p

LF2K

Floor Diver
Not much longer until the war starts. Good thing this is our bunker. :p

It seems that the people going to war will report anything you post tomorrow. I think I'll just hide here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, it's almost an hour till the downfall of Miiverse.
This is gonna be something that's all I can say.

Top Bottom