• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tír Na Smash 2 (Ireland) April 4th 09 - Cá bhfuil an cáca milis?

wisl

Smash Journeyman
if you post full results, could you mention characters (for melee, top 8 singles, top 4 teams)? it's for the news thread.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
What a day that was. I spent most of my time playing Rock Band but still, the matches were great. Curse you Liam and your mad Peach! I admit, I got owned :(

Again, Dave and all the gang, thank you so much for a great day, which was had by all, including my Frenchie! :D

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
I'll post the results this evening.

Can I get everyone to PM me or just reply with the characters they used and the characters their opponents used.

I wasn't able to watch every individual match, so I'll need that info for the results page I'm being asked to post.

Cheers all.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
I'm afraid nobody got back to me with their characters, so those are all from memory.

The placement is straight out of Tournament Maker.

Melee

1 Aidan (pikaville): Sheik/Falco
2 Nathan (Gory Snake): Marth/Jigglypuff/Capt Falcon
3 Liam: Peach
4 Dave (Deadeyedave): Marth/Samus/Kirby
5 Eoghan: Peach
5 Matt (Linkx): Link
7 Reece
7 Michael: Samus
9 Darragh (Kalignar): Samus
9 Kevin
9 David: Kirby/Falco
9 Jack: Shiek
13 Spencer
13 Sean: Captain Falcon
13 Shane K
13 Alan
17 Gareth: Link
17 Lauri (Tadonnen): Shiek
17 Gavin W:
17 paul (Forfeited)
17 Gavin:
17 Annmarie (Pelican): Zelda
17 Shane
17 Jamie (Eriatarka): Kirby
Brawl

The Brawl final unfortunately couldn't finish because the venue was closed and kicked us all out but it went as far as the 7th match of a Bo7, so both David and Shane K were obviously very evenly matched.

1 David: ROB
1 Shane K: Marth
3 Brian W: Marth/Zelda
4 Gavin: Meta Knight
5 Dave (Deadeyedave): Random/Marth/Wario/Zelda/Dedede/Diddy Kong/Wolf
5 Gareth: Toon Link
7 Annmarie (Pelican): Zelda
7 Jack: Pikachu
9 Sean: G&W/Falco/Capt Falcon
9 Jonathan: Bowser/Wario
9 Neil:
9 Jamie (Eriatarka): Kirby/Pikachu
13 Carl: Bowser
13 Lloyd: Mario
13 Seamus: Wolf
13 Shane W:
17 Darragh (Kalignar): Wario/Toon Link/Wolf
17 Alan:
17 Lauri (Tadonnen): Pink Meta Knight
17 Kevin:

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
In one match, because I thought it would be fun. *does the kirby dance*

I mostly used Marth, and then Samus when I was trying to (unsuccessfully) counter Nathan's Marth.

I used almost a different character in every match in Brawl, but probably Zelda slightly moreso while I was trying (unsuccessfully) to counter Gavin's Meta Knight.

If anyone knows how to export the final gigantic Tournament Maker 2 brackets into one single image, I'll post those up too.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yo Dave I can meet up and grab those memory cards this weekend if you want.

Also were the finals recorded?

DarkAdonis

Smash Rookie
Hi this is Jack (Dave's nephew). Man that tourney was a blast, there were some close matches especially between Dave and Nathan. Meanwhile I was getting my *** whopped by Aidan.... and then getting knocked out by Michael. But hopefully I'll see everybody there again next year even better than you were before and I'll be practicing too. :)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
We'll find out once I get Matt's camera back to him. I still have it and its out of battery. Not sure when I could get it to him.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Hey, sorry I was away for so long, I'll be frank with you guys: I completely forgot about this place. I don't get any emails to remind that there's been new posts and it's very annoying. Nate Dogg only reminded me there by giving me back my camera (which some matches are on) which I'm very sorry for the delay. I'll put 'em up as soon as possible.

I don't know which match is which... I know the contestants against each other, that's about it, 'cos of the names above the characters heads and all that. Could someone who has good memory tell me?

I've nothing more to really say 'cos I've been missing out on so much but I wish I hadda played proper matches against some people. The Frenchie I had was a bit of a nuisance, I mean, WHY did he forfeit? And WHY did he choose a GREEN Mr. Game and Watch? And he put me under some pressure, telling me that we need to go soon and blah blah blah. Wish I hadda stayed to play some proper well concetrated matches against Dave and Nate Dogg especially.

And Aidan, I am so bummed that we didn't get to play. Next year definately! But hey, at least we had a good time rockin' it out to Ride the Lightning :D Nice avatar by the way!

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
Original Game & Watch is where its at. If I see the vids I might be able to remember who was who.

And dont worry, we'll get plenty of games in next time.

Deadeyedave

Smash Apprentice
Hey man, if you wanna set something up, I am all for attending!

Hosting one a year is enough for me though.

TnS has really good attendance, and it takes a fair bit of work to keep track of all the brackets, matches and stuff. Even with Lauri trying to do most of the admin work this year, because we went double elimination (and had a giant crowd on Sunday), it still took her, myself and Darragh to keep things ticking over while also trying to compete.

If someone runs a tournament where all I have to do is play, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom