• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sypher's smashfest on the 29th? **** yeah. (Northern VA)

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Hm.....
So last saturday, I went to this rockin smashfest at Tha L@wl's place and had a bunch of fun, so I decided to hold one myself this coming Saturday.

I have a decently big basement so there shouldnt be any problem with space. I have 3 TVs (even though one takes forever to get working), 1 GC, and 1 N64 w/ SSB64.

I have a VCR that can record, and I have a capture card so I can upload the videos within a week of recording. Also, I have around 36 hours of empty tape, if not more.

I have an composite cable splitter and extensions so we could theoretically hold a proper doubles tournament using two TVs. There is no more lag than directly hooking it up...so no johns. I've done a doubles tourney before and nobody has noticed, so don't ***** about it.

I also have a speaker system, and even though its small it can still blast music...>_>;;...but we don't have to have it on if anybody objects.

My address is:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX

I'm the larger white house on the very left where the street ends.

I assume some of you will be driving yourselfs, so there needs to be a place to park. I suggest parking on Ranger Road, the street right before you turn into Cambridge.

Also, you should call me when you're close to my house because it can be hard to hear knocking on the door when we're in the basement and there is talking/music/smash/controller clicking going on.

My cell number is XXXXXXXXXXXX.

The smashfest will be taking place on December 29th, from the hours of 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM. Bring your own ****ing controller. =)

Also, I figure two setups is not enough, so people, please, bring them.

People coming, confirmed:
SypherPhoenix
Ikagi
Lark
Tha L@wl
SOJ
parenthesis
parenthesis' friend

Setups, confirmed:
SypherPhoenix (x2)

People coming, maybe:
Blues
Redd
Korn

Setups, maybe:

I will edit this list as people post in this topic.

Last edited:

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
im mostly likely coming to this man....
ill see how early i can get there to get some PSO in....
^_^ good stuff at my fest tho...

blues

Smash Journeyman
this is only 8 minutes away from me, i might show up in the afternoon after work

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
I want to RECORD MATCHES !
also I want to smash..

I might be able to come
but ...could someone be able to give me a ride :( I live in Falls Church not far from fairfax..
and I can pay gas $ no problem.

Well, I have to pick up one of my friends at around 11:00 AM to come to the smashfest, and he lives right by my mom's house in Vienna.

What's your address? I might be able to get my dad to take me and pick Ikagi up, then pick you up, and then go back to his house. I'd have to convince him to do it, but he's a reasonable guy. >_>;;

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
my address is 2102 Paul Edwin Terrace Apt#T-1 Falls Church, VA 22043

or I can wait for your dad to pick me up at ANY metro(subway) station that close to your house ?

From my friend's house:

Mapquest said:
Total Est. Time: 5 minutes Total Est. Distance: 2.16 miles
I think we can pick you up =)

...so long as 11:00 isn't too early >_>

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
forgive me redd ..and phoenix :( i'll try to come though....
Alright. I won't be expecting you, but arrive whenever if you can make it.

Also, I just got word from L@wl that he will be showing up.

plz bring setups, I have one RF TV and one composite, and I need at least one more composite (Yellow, Red, White) TV to do a double-setup for teams or whatever. T_T

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Fest today was REALLY FUN ! :D
thanks so much for made this awesome fest and I enjoy those musics that played during the fest :)

but I wish I live near you ...so I won't have any problem about how to get there and go home.. :(

sorry for bothering you.. but I just want all matches that I played in TV that was recorded .....
I used tag as BoA I won't rush you just take your time upload those vids :)

I 'll looking forward to come to your fest again next time
but I have work next saturday :(

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
woah good stuff today everyone XD

haha....i left later than i thought i would....did we ever do crews?

btw max...im still looking for demo comet....its been over 100 lillies now XD

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Heyo...SOJ here...found your thread....good stuff today. My parents were asleep when I got home so there was no real trouble...hopefully I won't hear about it in the morning though.

Vangurrrrrrrrd!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
sorry for bothering you.. but I just want all matches that I played in TV that was recorded .....
I used tag as BoA I won't rush you just take your time upload those vids :)

I 'll looking forward to come to your fest again next time
but I have work next saturday :(

Haha, I wasn't bothered by...whatever you did that you thought was bothering me >_>;;

I have around 6 hours of tape, and I need to play it all back and then seperate and label all the matches x.x
might take a while...probably will still have them up on DC++ by the end of this coming week, though. i'm not sure how long it will take to upload to YouTube.

Shout outs!

Korn - good **** as always, and i should've played you more :(

Boss - good **** as always...and lol @ you holding your fist out for like 10 minutes, i thought you were randomly pointing at me or something XD
like Korn, i should've played you more :(

Blues - i didn't play or talk to you much, and i wish i did...=/

CK - you're a beast, i hope to see you in the future

SOJ and #2 - wtf, we played each other way too much, lol. i hope you guys didnt get into any trouble with your folks for staying till like 1:30 >_>

parenthesis - i love how you compliment my tech skill, it makes me feel all warm inside :chuckle: your marth is soooooo gay, just so you know.

Tha L@wl - PSO was great even though you're pretty much a hit and run guy >_> and wtf @ shifta on your b/a/x list, just use the r+y function! i'll see what i can do for getting us both online on a private server, that would be awesome. and don't kill yourself while killing various flowers. :069:

if i have something like this again...BRING SETUPS. (thanks a lot blues/l@wl for bringing cubes ^_^)

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
just an FYI....i don't hit and run on forest ultimate hahaah lol....its just i did such horrible damage...even with shifta...what do you suggest instead of shifta?...i have weak, strong, resta, shifta, special attack, and difluid....
and also...the bringers rifle ownz!!!!....Devil hits 1/6 times then i just kill with one more combo and i win....work on mines too XD....we must hunt lillies next time im over...and i think i can probably get my PSO online...you just have to tell me how to get on the server

and we should team MAX!!!!..then i'd have two maxes as partners hahaah....

btw random poll:
Who do you think my best character is? (if anyone still checks here)

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
btw random poll:
Who do you think my best character is? (if anyone still checks here)
Your IC randomly *****. That was the first time I lost hard-like to you... I think you 3 stocked me.

parenthesis

Smash Rookie
shout outs:
Korn - good ****, your falcon is sexy
boss - u ***** everyone, good **** teaching me about smash DI
CK - u ***** me hard, im happy i got one match off u
blues - u r amazing
Bozer Max - good **** hosting man, and ur tech skill is too good, and i know that my marth is gay
lawl - good matches

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
hey ..I probably need my matches as video files (like wma) so do you think you be able to put matches into zip and upload ? maybe in DC+ or filefront ? i dont know but i have USB at my house if you want me to come to your place next time and get matches into my USB im good with that too :D

-------------------
haha parenthesis u such a funny guy :D i had fun smash w/ you and thanks for the compliment
as well as phoenix :] ..but lol i always called you as "Bowser guy"

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
hey ..I probably need my matches as video files (like wma) so do you think you be able to put matches into zip and upload ? maybe in DC+ or filefront ? i dont know but i have USB at my house if you want me to come to your place next time and get matches into my USB im good with that too :D
well, i have an external hard drive specifically for smash matches and the whole tape will be available on DC++ for download, so you could get it there if you want. i could zip the matches with you in them and upload them to filefront or something if you want.

if you don't get them by the next time i have a fest, you could bring your laptop or whatever and i could hook up my hard drive to it so you can directly copy stuff.

by the way, the matches will most likely be in .avi format if that's alright.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
=(

Sorry for the lack of videos, guys, but I seem to have caught the flu...

I've been feeling really sick and I haven't been doing like anything except sleeping since wednesday because of that. I did 9 matches, all encoded correctly and stuff...

On Monday or so (I forget when), I put the entire tape into my computer in 4 segments. I split them all up, labeled them chronologically, and tried to encode. They played fine until an hour later when I showed my friend the match between my Bowser and CK's Fox. He said there was really bad desyncing of video and sound, so i tried to use another program to resync all the videos, because it started doing that on my computer too when i tried to play it in winamp and WMP.

Resyncing the audio was a pain, I ran the program in batch mode because the sound seemed off about 4 or 5 seconds (I had the difference exact at the time though), and I just ran all the videos through at once. I stupidly replaced all the files with the new ones, rendering them unrecoverable...

Simply put, they didn't work. I gave two to my friend, they didn't work. I ran one downstairs to my mom's computer, it didn't work. I ended up deleting the files entirely and trying to restart, but the stupid gamebridge kept desyncing the audio for the matches...so I just went to bed and did nothing with it.

The following morning, I went to fool around with the program, and the only way that I found the audio wouldn't desync is if I put it on the lowest quality setting (which isn't too bad, a lot better than YouTube quality at least =P). I got around 9 matches onto my computer, encoded them, and everything was great. I ended up going to my dad's house after I finished those 9 matches and I have been stuck here ever since.

My computer is not at my dad's house, my gamebridge is not at my dad's house, and my VCR and the tape are not here either. I might be going to my mom's house tomorrow so I guess I could get a bit done when I go over, but for now there is going to be nothing, as I am not on DC++ on my real comp.

It was stupid of me to think I could do the entire tape in one or two days. Sorry guys.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
but is all vids have bad desyncing or something ??
Well, they all got screwed up because I tried to fix the desyncing. But that's not a problem anymore because I'm redoing it all match by match instead of just letting the tape run overnight, and making sure they don't desync. I think it was because of the codec i used to compress the files to make them .avi...

I have about 3 hours of the tape in my computer, compressed and labeled, but I'm not at my mom's house so I can't exactly get on to DC++ to give them to people.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
But hey if you want me to download all matches from DC++ and put in your youtube account I can help you that :) (even though I dont even know what is DC and how to download it..)

and when is your next fest ?? :D
it's C3 this saturday but it start at 5pm .....so you should make fest (if you have time and want to though)

..I can't wait to see all matches vs CK, Boss and Parenthesis.. >..< those are really good matches

Top Bottom